Sins of the Spriggan (Fairy Tail/Nanatsu no Taizai)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

"Six months after Mavis' death and returned to isolation from humanity once more, Zeref encountered Meliodas who would soon lead him to become the member of the Seven Deadly Sins and help him heal and recover from the curse that is still inflicted upon him in Britannia. Now ten years later, Zeref now leads the Alvarez Empire for the war against the Holy Knights and liberate the kingdom of Liones to repay the debt he owed."
Sins of the Spriggan Chapter 1
Greeting everyone, I'm Warmachine375 and today I have published another Nanatsu no Taizai crossover story titled "Sins of the Spriggan" which features our dreaded, er I mean friendly neighborhood, the Black Wizard Zeref Dragneel who is the eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins in this alternate universe.

Summary: "Six months after Mavis' death and returned to isolation from humanity once more, Zeref encountered Meliodas who would soon lead him to become the member of the Seven Deadly Sins and help him heal and recover from the curse that is still inflicted upon him in Britannia. Now ten years later, Zeref now leads the Alvarez Empire for the war against the Holy Knights and liberate the kingdom of Liones to repay the debt he owed."

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai including all of their casts of characters as they respectively belong to Hiro Mashima and Nakaba Suzuki, the authors behind these respective mangas.

Enjoy and don't forget to review. :D

Chapter 1​

Somewhere in a secluded island far far away from Ishgar, X696

In the middle of a huge forested island which was completely uncharted from the map of Earth Land which is yet to be fully explored if anyone brave enough to find it firsthand, there lies a young man with short black hair, dark eyes, and abnormally sharp canines. He wears high-collared black and tan robes with gold trim, along with a large, flowing white toga draped around his torso and also wears a circle-shaped necklace around his neck.

He was laying on the ground, seemingly in peace and quiet of the surroundings around him and the basking of the cool wind and the sun upon him.

But he is no ordinary young man at all.

His name is Zeref Dragneel, who is considered to be the strongest, most evil Mage of all time, who possesses extremely dangerous, and powerful Magic known as the Black Wizard.

He is also the founder and current Emperor of the Alvarez Empire, under the alias of Emperor Spriggan, and the older brother of Natsu Dragneel, the Fire Dragon Slayer adopted by Igneel and a member of Fairy Tail.

Looking at the clear blue skies above him as he remained still and laying on the ground, the Black Wizard began to remember of his sad tragic past which had occurred over 400 years ago until the present day of Earth Land which is a living and tormenting hell in summary short: Lost his parents and Natsu to Dragons; studied at the Mildian Magic Academy in order to find ways to revive his brother only to get cursed by Ankhseram as an immortal with the power of death; created the Etherious and also E.N.D. to kill him and put him out of his misery but unintentionally unleashed them on humanity; met Mavis along with her friends whom he taught Magic to them and later fell in love with her before losing her again by the curse despite the two being immortal together.

To pass time and built up a nation of his own, he had also subjugated 730 guilds of Alakitasia by martial force and formed the Alvarez Empire in the Western Continent with himself crowned as emperor.

Although he had kept his emotions in check and looked indifferent towards the people of the militaristic continental empire, the citizens loved and adored him as they're more open-minded and understanding of his condition and sought to repay it with their undying loyalty and devotion to him including the patriotism and pride of the country he had built up for them.

That's the only good thing that came out from Alvarez for Zeref but it's not enough apparently as he rarely dabbles in politics unless necessary, preferring to stay beyond the capital, or even the empire itself, while his ministers and generals do the majority of the work.

Now after seemingly lost hope of redemption that has been eluding him away from his grasp, Zeref eventually found on a secluded island far far away from the continent, hoping to stay completely cut off from humanity... but a certain blonde boy with a broken sword would come around to his life and changed him forever on that fateful day...

Standing before him is a young boy with messy blond hair and a pair of emerald green eyes. He also lacks facial hair, further accentuating his adolescent appearance. Regardless of his stature and youthful looks, he is relatively muscular, possessing an array of well-developed abdominal muscles that was hidden underneath his clothes but were shown to be well-defined.

He wears a white trench coat which was tied with an impressive knot around his neck and dressed in black shirt and pants, along with a pair of boots. He also wielded a green dragon-hilted blade that was sheathed and carried on his back.

"What are you doing here? Please leave the island... It's not safe here...", the older brother of Natsu pleaded.

"Oh? Why not? There's nothing to be worried about. The wind felt nice here by the way. Ni-shi-shi!", the blond boy replied back casually as if he had no lack of danger in the world and that worries the Black Wizard even more of the worst case scenario whenever his curse acted up.

Annoyed, Zeref tried to coax him into leaving, but at that moment, his Magic went awry and out of control now much to his horror, and exploded into a dark wave that kills everything and it's heading directly at his would-be victim who seemed to be blinked curiously without knowing the real danger.

To his shock, the boy unsheathed his sword which was revealed to be broken and swung with a clinking of a metal, sending the Death Magic back at him a lot more stronger than he expected, causing Zeref to go flying and crashed into several or more trees of the island which caused a huge explosion of dust and debris flying all over the place!

No way! This boy sent Death Predation right back at me?! With a swing from his broken blade?! Stunned, and curious, Zeref asked him as he jumped out and confronted the one who had reflected the deadly attack. "W-what are you?... Are you really a child?..."

The boy merely smirked, "Why don't you go find out for yourself? Ni-shi-shi!"

Afterwards, the two began to battle one another in the deserted island exploding with dust and debris along with the death of wildlife around them, with Zeref immediately noticing that his Magic had no effect on the boy that should have killed him even without whatever kind of reflective Magic he had used to defend himself.

Suddenly the Black Wizard was struck in the back when the blond boy appeared behind him in a blink of an eye and roundhouse kicked him hard into flying.

Getting up again, Zeref conjured a small but concentrated black orb from the two tips of his hand and fired it towards his apparent child opponent with quick speed only for it to cut it in half almost immediately. That shocked the raven-haired immortal and it left him wide open as he gets punched in the chest by the boy's fist filled with black flames and sent flying once again.

Normally, his immortality would have gone at least a short amount of time with receiving damage occurring in successive intervals, his wounds heal without a trace...

But the black flames had burned through his clothing to reveal that it had made a permanent charred scarring on his chest.

These black flames hurt me?! No way... Even with this cursed immortality, it was able to wound me that badly!, the Black Wizard realized the effectiveness of such malevolent fiery power that was able to severely injure him in the chest as it burned through the hole of his upper clothing despite being immortal.

He then got up albeit staggering in his feet and quickly fired another barrage of black orbs towards the blond boy who easily dodged them all with rapid movement as if by Teleportation.

Truth be told, Zeref had no real combat experience throughout 400 years of his cursed immortal life because there was no single person in Earth Land has the real strength to actually fight him even if they're the most powerful Mages in the world such as the Spriggan 12 of Alvarez or the First-ranked Wizard Saint of Ishgar without the Contradictory Curse killing them first.

But now, this young boy of blond hair and green eyes, which somehow turned black and a mysterious marking appeared on his right eye, had been the first one to do so and lived even when the bursts of his Magic had struck him directly and yet recovered like nothing happened.

This made the Black Wizard feel relieved that he had finally found another person with the power to kill him at last.

In the aftermath, Zeref was left exhausted and suffered heavy fatal wounds that he had never experienced before and would have killed him if not for his immortality which was the byproduct of Ankhseram Black Magic on him. It was considered surprising that no one in Earth Land with the possible exception of his brother Natsu/E.N.D., and probably Acnologia if he really wanted to do so, has the power to kill him due to being cursed by the God of Life and Death unless he didn't look even that hard enough.

"Ni-shi-shi! Oh boy! I haven't had that much fun in a while!", the blond boy cheerfully commented about their fight while wiping off his bloodied lips and spit off blood like it's no big deal.

With the battle over with a tie between powerful individuals and the island suffered collateral damage, Zeref deduced at his opponent who is clearly more superior than him while his cursed immortal began healing in a matter of seconds except for the punch inflicted-shaped scar chest wound inflicted by the black flames he had never seen before.

He noted, "You're no ordinary being, much less a human aren't you?..."

"Yup, I'm not human alright! My name's Meliodas! I used to be a member of the Demon Clan a long time ago and the only one left running around here.", he confirmed it with a carefree thumbs up.

Demon Clan?... So he must be a natural Demon unlike my creations the Etherious and... E.N.D., my brother... Meliodas looks completely human from the looks of it until he reveals his true nature and power... The Black Wizard expressed a look of surprise and asked, "Why are you here on a deserted island?... It wasn't much of a coincidence don't you think so?..."

Meliodas then replied with a confession as he sheathed his broken blade away, "Well, well, well, I have heard rumors of a supposedly powerful Mage on an abandoned isle and I came to see for myself. It seems they're true after all with a little fight we have here... Zeref the Black Wizard, am I right? The man cursed by a jerkass God of Life and Death while became immortal... You, Ban and Escanor would get along pretty well. Ni-shi-shi!"

Zeref's eyes widened in surprise that the blond boy had somehow knew his name and his condition cursed by Ankhseram as punishment for making light of the connections between life, death and people in his race to bring his brother back to life.

"H-how did you know?... About me...", he asked in a hint of nervousness.

"I know things... Ni-shi-shi!", the blond boy cryptically told him which confused the young-looking man with a deadpan sweat-drop on his head.

Sitting down amidst the destroyed island background, the two discussed each other's pasts although the blond boy didn't reveal too much about himself much to Zeref's chagrin, leaving the raven-haired immortal in utter fascination although completely baffled at the same time that Meliodas is far more older and more powerful than he looked.

When it's his turn about his own cursed life and explained it, the raven-haired immortal explained that, after becoming cursed, he had managed to revive his brother as an artificial Demon called E.N.D (Etherious Natsu Dragneel), in hopes that he would one day kill him and free him from his miserable existence once and for all.

Meliodas seemed to understand him after sympathizing the Black Wizard. "I'm sorry, Zeref. I once lost the will to live after losing someone dear to me, and in turn ended up wiping out that I had considered to be my friends and family out of rage from my loss before I regained it in order to ensure no one will go through that again... That's my sin..."

The Black Wizard realized that the one who had managed to harm greatly and wondered if what is his sin which in turn sympathized Meliodas. Although he feared that might end up losing another real friend he just made even if the blond boy is somehow immune to the effects of his curse-like Magic especially that black marking on his face that might have protected him.

Not since with Mavis Vermilion when his curse killed the First Master of Fairy Tail that sapped her life force into catatonic state despite now being immortal herself in their kiss of love.

"... I remember a promise... Mavis... She promised me that we will find a way to break the curse but now... now my only hope is that my brother is strong enough to kill me and put an end to this eternal madness Ankhseram gave me...", Zeref muttered in sadness.

Nodding with a serious look that he acknowledges his reasons, Meliodas spoke while being off-topic. "I understand, Zeref. If I was in your position, I would find a way as well and free myself from a curse. Well, it's not like the Gods like me that much anyway including the Goddess Clan too despite my defection a long, long time ago. But... if your brother Natsu were to fail in his purpose you gave him, I would be the one to kill you instead."

Zeref looked up to him in surprise when he saw his serious face that speaks volumes and the thought of being put out of his misery by Meliodas gave a glimmer of hope where it apparently failed him.

He's right. His Demon powers was able harm me permanently. Even with this immortality's high-speed regeneration, I couldn't even heal from this scar Meliodas gave from our little skirmish... Perhaps he will succeed in putting me out of my misery..., the older brother of Natsu Dragneel realized that he had found a third option from someone who has the ability to finally kill and it made him smile.

"Very well, Meliodas. I will hold you to that promise.", Zeref said with a positive outlook that his wish is finally granted at last but not today anytime soon.

Carefreely smiling, Meliodas proclaimed much to the god-cursed immortal's confusion. "Good. very good. I have just found the person I was looking for. You're coming with me, Zeref! To Britannia!"

Afterwards, he then drags Zeref away like a kid pulling a full-grown adult into taking him to a park or going home with him, much to his dismay, "W-w-what?! Wait! I can't just simply come with you to Britannia! My curse would kill more innocent people there just like everywhere I go even if I were to keep my emotions in check and locked out!"

The blond boy reassured to him with a carefree shrug. "Don't worry about that, Zeref! I know someone who can help in keeping your power controlled and in heavy check. She will be more interested in studying you for her new research and data of her work once she meets you. Besides, you would make great friends in my little merry band of misfits I've been forming in Britannia!"

"What! What do you mean Meliodas?! I don't know what you're talking about?!", the Black Wizard demanded after he was being utterly confused of what the hell on Earth Land is going on.

"Ni-shi-shi! You're now the eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins, Zeref! Congratulations!", Meliodas grinned casually with a reply as if he didn't shanghai the Black Wizard of all people into joining his order of misfit knights.

He can only gape in utter shock of this revelation with his jaw dropping while being dragged by the blond boy and exclaimed in a loud voice echoing across the secluded and destroyed island.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!"

Capital City of Vistarion, Zeref's Palace, Alvarez Empire in Alakitasia X705

In the present day ten years later, Zeref stands the huge balcony over the great view of the capital city of Vistarion from his palace within the Alvarez Empire. It is one of the major cities located in the Empire in the continent of Alakitasia, housing a significant population, gaining more lore over the years due the monopolization of the country overseen by their emperor.

Being inside the empire's borders, the capital city consists of many tall, skyscraper-like castles surrounding the exterior. Within the city, there two to three story buildings and row homes that barricade the town's streets, along with bridges that connect from one side to another and balconies for viewing.

There is a gargantuan castle in the center of the capital with many towers and sections, which it towered over the entire city.

On the other hand, there is a garden within the castle's grounds filled with numerous plants in a floral scenery.

Turning away from the balcony and walking down the hall and greeted every servant and guard who returned the same, the Emperor of Alvarez lowered down his sleeve and glanced at the Magic Binding marks placed over his body to keep his magic from going out of control are designed similarly to ancient Celtic tribal markings, located all along his body, but are only seen when he activates his magic at will all thanks to Merlin whom he owed greatly for it.

At least the powerful magical bindings from Merlin are still going strong and active. Ankhseram's curse won't hurt me or anyone else around myself anymore but I still have much to answer for what I've done in the past.. Especially with Mavis.. I hope there's still forgiveness for what I've done to her., he mused to himself that the God of Life and Death won't further try to hurt him anymore.

Of course, Zeref still wishes to die but that doesn't mean to enjoy little life as advised by Meliodas who once claimed to be 3,000 years old far longer than his own 400 years of age but later brushed it off as a joke which the former finds it intriguing and suspicious but still trusted him all the same.

Looking at the azure blue armor, bearing a horned helmet and sharpened claw-like gauntlets that was placed on display for all to see as this was his old armor back in the days of the Seven Deadly Sins, Zeref smiled at such fond memories and then glanced at the symbol of the Raven mark resides on the back of his left hand.

And that he has his Sacred Treasure as well, kept within his Requip space most of the time.

"Your Majesty?...", a voice of a polite man called out to Zeref who turned around from the display within his own palace to meet him as the latter stood there with hands on his pockets.

A snow-haired older man of average height with red eyes and wears glasses with hair was bunched into a ponytail by a golden brace and hung past his right shoulder at about the chest level where the rest was quite messy with uneven bangs falling down the sides of his face and in between his eyes. He was well-dressed and well-groomed which befitted his strict personality which is comprised of a simple pair of dark dress pants and a white collared dress shirt, completely buttoned up with a blue tie wrapped around his neck and donned a trench coat over his business-like attire with dark markings that were diagonally branded from the left shoulder down the front and back of the coat along with dark shoes.

He is Viktor Yura, a member of the Spriggan 12 who is known as the Winter General and the Emperor's chief of staff and consul.

"Viktor, I apologize. I was just reminiscing the old times just by looking at this souvenir I brought back from my absence in Alvarez... Good times, good times...", the Black Wizard before asking his subordinate, "Do you think you'll be able to gather all of the Spriggan 12 for the meeting?"

"It would take some time Your Majesty... If I could predict that spring is coming, I would have gathered them all in advance.", the snow-haired and middle-aged Shield of Spriggan replied courteously.

Raising his hand, the black-haired young man stated. "It's alright Viktor. We don't need all of the 12 to attend the meeting I have called for here. Anyone who takes the call and are within the capital's range will be welcome to attend the meeting and those who didn't and are away from here, leave them be and let them do as they please. So long they won't cause an incident like what happened the last time ten years ago..."

Pushing forward his glasses, the Winter General commented in a polite manner. "Yes, of course, Your Majesty. It was considered an embarrassing event for Alvarez that some of our members are a little too impatient for war and decided to attack Ishgar which you no longer had any intent of destroying it but still remained wary and prepared for the upcoming event of the Dragon King Festival in case the Black Dragon of the Apocalypse happens to make a move against humanity."

A wise elderly voice called out to the two men overhearing him, "Indeed, the unsanctioned invasion of Ishgar was an embarrassment to the reputation of Alvarez that His Majesty has to put an end to it and pay reparations for war damages to the continent's countries affected by our young and foolish members, hereby retaining diplomatic relations with them instead of breaking them away..."

Walking down the balcony towards them is a rather tall, fair-skinned elderly man with blackish eyes and roughly shoulder-length, wavy silvery white hair, with the majority of his bangs swept to the left side and has a short mustache, a lengthy, mildly thin beard that reaches down to his upper torso, as well as thick eyebrows, a pronounced nose bridge, and high cheekbones.

He was dressed in a stereotypical wizard's garb which is somewhat rare to see Mages like him around these days and also wielded a long, thin, light-colored wooden staff, matching, if not slightly exceeding, its owner's height, with a rather large, oviform, dark-colored orb fixed on its tip, partly overgrown by the wood as his walking stick to support his feet.

His name is August, the strongest male member of the Spriggan 12 and known for both of his titles as the Magic King, due his mastery of countless Magics from all around the world, and the Disaster for his incredible Magical strength.

"Aye, it is. That was very embarrassing and not to mention, a little glamour around myself had fooled the Magic Council into seeing a different person as Emperor Spriggan than the dreaded Black Wizard as a safety precaution during the negotiations which it worked very well.", Zeref said with a small smile on his face.

The elderly Shield of Spriggan noticed his ruler's mood and commented softly. "You seem happier than before especially from your time at Britannia 10 years ago before you returned to Alvarez, Your Majesty. The same day you pulled back the unsanctioned invasion of the Eastern Continent by your return. I reckon you've found your answer to Ragnarok..."

"In Ishgar, they call it the Dragon King Festival... Although in Britannia, they call it the Holy War which is felt somewhat more ominous than anything I've heard before...", the raven-haired immortal noted in a serious look about the world's views towards the two completely different apocalyptic scenarios that had somehow worried and unnerved the two of Alvarez' 12 most powerful Mages serving as his bodyguards and generals.

By Alakitasian perspective to be Ragnarok, the Dragon King Festival in Ishgar was known a banquet of Dragons, humans and Demons and also the final titanic battle between Dragon, human and immortal while the Holy War in Britannia is a prophesied conflict that would soon threaten to engulf the entire world on a much massive proportions than Earth Land has ever seen before..

Turning around as his eyes turned red to show he was serious, Zeref proclaimed with a very determined look on his face while still retaining a friendly smile. "You two, come with me. We will begin the meeting for the war of liberation against the Holy Knights of Liones and free the kingdom from their oppressive rule. In order to pay back the debt and gratitude I owed to them for accepting me despite my curse ten years ago..."

He finished, "And to my captain and friend Meliodas who had gave me a new purpose and outlook in life..."

Viktor and August simply gave a small bow and followed their emperor to the meeting room for the upcoming war against the cruel order of powerful knights with each able to match an entire country's army in strength and power, and having Magic that transcends human knowledge imbued within their bodies and liberate the northern kingdom on the island continent of Britannia itself...

Author's Note: Well, well looks like that the first chapter of "Sins of the Spriggan" is done and I hope you guys like it. On the other hand, I will plan on revealing of how much Zeref has changed from what he has became in canon due to being an eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins and staying around in Britannia at that time. Such as those missions at Edinburgh and other shenanigans the Sins were into for example.

When it's over, it will feature Zeref's start of meeting with the Spriggan 12 for the campaign to liberate Liones from the Holy Knights as to pay back the old debt for giving him a place to be accepted despite of who he is thanks to Meliodas. His fellow Sins are gonna be in for a surprise that their emo immortal friend is an emperor of a colossal military superpower country outside of Britannia.

Unlike King Arthur and Merlin during the Kingdom Infiltration arc of Taizai manga, Zeref brought a real army and a unit of extremely powerful Mages with him to liberate the kingdom.

Anyways enjoy and don't forget to review. :)

Chapter 2
Hey, there guys! I'm back and the second chapter of "Sins of the Spriggan" is here.

In this story, I decided that some of the canon Spriggan 12 will remain in the group roster due to their long-lived nature as members not of the same race like Irene Belserion being a 400 year old Mage-turned-Dragon in human guise for example while others would be OCs, either as ancestors of some canon Spriggan Shields or the predecessor members as the Alvarez Empire had existed a century ago in the events of Fairy Tail Zero.

Besides Ajeel, Invel, Neinhart, Jacob Lessio, God Serena, Brandish and Dimaria are not even born yet here in this story's timeline after all, similarly like Laxus who is the descendant of Yuri Dreyar, one of Fairy Tail's founders.

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai including all of their casts of characters as they respectively belong to Hiro Mashima and Nakaba Suzuki, the authors behind these respective mangas.

Enjoy and don't forget to review. :D

Chapter 2​

At the skies above northern Britannia

Hovering far above the skies in Britannia, a fleet of 200 full sized airships of the Alvarez Empire are approaching their destination and thanks to August's Magic Camouflage cloaking their presences, they remain undetected from those on the island continent capable of perceiving any source of magic whether in objects or people, which kept the element of surprise intact per orders of Zeref, their Emperor.

While the Alvarez soldiers and crew members continue with their duties in maintaining their ships or enjoy sightseeing the clear skies or the view of Earth Land below them, Zeref is in a middle of discussion with Viktor Yura over the holographic map of the island continent of Britannia within the command ship's bridge.

The eighth Sin is currently wearing a more militaristic version of his old outfit befitting an emperor that he is.

"To refresh our memory and review on our latest strategy in taking the royal capital of Liones, currently we already have 300 airships are here with us in the north, Viktor. Brosnan and Kajeel will lead the first wave of the attack with 100 ships stationed from the west once I give the order and the remaining 200 ships here will follow suit to launch another wave within 30 minutes.", he pointed out to the capital city of Liones in the holographic map.

Viktor said with his glasses shining contemplatively, "Yes, a sound plan Your Majesty. On the other hand, Wall and Chester will be tasked on freeing King Bartra and members of his royal family imprisoned within the royal palace of Liones, and bring them to us for medical treatment by our doctors on board in case they suffer complications of their health and wellbeing. While Prince August will be mass teleporting all the civilians and castle staff away from the capital to our relief force so they will not be caught in the crossfire of the siege that would soon reduce the city to rubble."

Pointing his fingers on the east and south of the Liones capital with symbols of Alvarez shown there, the Black Wizard continued on, "Indeed, Viktor. Meanwhile Stella will lead her 50 ships on the seas from the east as a naval blockade and land her troops there to aid the capture of the Liones capital city. Cruzer and Larcade will be attacking with his ground forces in the south after they are dropped off on land by the Sea Bride herself."

"With such large number of forces of the Alvarez military and some of the Spriggan 12 on all four sides, the Liones Kingdom's capital is fully cut off with no chance of escape for the Holy Knights if they intend to flee and hide from our might in Britannia, Your Majesty.", the snow-haired Winter General commented before he raised a question. "Although I question Prince August's decision when he requested your permission that he will go capture a castle once belonged to Merlin, one of your old companions. What value does it hold there?"

"Aye, the Holy Knights of Liones would be forced to surrender before the overwhelming might of Alvarez surrounding them from all sides or die trying to oppose us and end up humiliated. Either way, they have no choice on the matter. And as for the value behind August capturing that castle Merlin used to own there, well... It is overflowing with rare Magical artifacts stored inside.", the Emperor of Alvarez explained.

"I see. It does make sense for Prince August to obtain such prizes in his growing collection, Your Majesty.", the Winter General commented with a mild sweatdrop since he recalled there were so many books of Magical knowledge and artifacts the Magic King owns in his chambers.

The black-haired man said with a smile, "Well, I'm sure Merlin would be grateful that her possessions and the castle are safe. It would be a hassle for her to start from scratch if something happened to them. Knowing my son's tendency to study Magics just like his mother Mavis, August would want to meet Britannia's greatest sorceress and ask her to teach him her ways of Magic in order to expand more of his knowledge. The Magical artifacts would be his token of good will to get in her good graces."

Understanding Zeref's reason, Viktor can only nod and let the Magic King do what he please so long it does not jeopardize Zeref's plans for a full-scale assault in his liberation campaign of Liones, before he busies himself with coordinating with the assigned forces and his fellow Spriggan Shields through the communications network.

Meanwhile, Zeref left the command ship's bridge for a moment and decided to get some fresh air on the deck's rails as he smiled and fondly waved to the men and women of Alvarez who bowed to him respectfully before their monarch and then getting back to work. He then started reminiscing his thoughts of the meeting with the Spriggan 12 back in Vistarion...

Earlier at the meeting room within Zeref's Palace, Vistarion

When the gathering of the Spriggan 12 is complete despite some obvious absence of its members at the round table with tall chairs shaped like swords or shields they occupied, Zeref musingly commented from his seat, "7 people are here huh? Sounds very coincidental and also familiar for some reason. Anyways, I'm pleased that you all made it here within short notice."

The only Spriggan Shields that did not show up today would be Stella the Sea Bride, Bloodman the Grim Reaper, Jessica Yesta the Lunari Priestess, Irene Belserion the Scarlet Angel, and Nyra Magnus the Wandering Guardian. Oh well, I'll summon them later when I need them on an urgent matter., the Black Wizard mentally noted.

"Well, actually I believe Sir Brosnan is also heading his way within the palace and would be late upon arriving here within a minute, Your Majesty.", politely commented a middle-aged butler with a proper black uniform with a tie that he dressed gracefully along with a fancy looking top hat he wears on his bald head at all times as he stood next to Zeref's seat.

He is Chester Hart, the head butler of the Imperial Palace in Vistarion and personal attendant to Emperor Spriggan, ensuring everything is handled smoothly in the palace and nothing gets past by him for he is the top member of Alvarez's Imperial secret service.

Not only that, Chester is also a powerful Mage in his own right and skilled in the arts of assassination, with some jokingly claim him to be the secret 13th member of the Spriggan 12 similarly like Ophiuchus within the Celestial Spirit's 12 Zodiac.

"It is fine.", Zeref simply waved it off with a smile.

Viktor, on the other hand, retorts with a serious look on his face, "I disrespectfully disagree, Your Majesty. Not arriving on time for the meeting of the Twelve is an unacceptable excuse of not following Emperor Spriggan's orders."

He is Viktor Yura, ancestor of Invel Yura in an almost spitting image along with the inherited title of the Winter General. His family came from the northern regions of Alakitasia have been faithfully serving the throne of Alvarez for generations and they take great pride in their duty of serving Emperor Spriggan with being one of the Spriggan 12 as the highest honor.

"Do not be such a stick in the mud, Friend Viktor. Let's start the discussion with everyone here while we wait for Friend Brosnan to arrive. The Emperor did say he did not require all of the Twelve to be here after all.", calmly reassures an older muscular man with brown skin, dreadlocks and beard and dressed in a ceremonial sleeveless desert armor with a cape.

He is Kajeel Raml, ancestor of Ajeel Raml whose family's male members' names always starts with "-jeel" for some reason in their royal lineage. He is known the Desert Prince despite he used to be a vassal lord of Alakitasia' desert regions prior to his recruitment into the Twelve that he sees as a great honor to serve the man that united Alvarez.

And speak of the Devil and he shall appear. The meeting room's doors have opened and it is revealed to be a person clad in a massive suit of golden armor with a symbol of Alvarez in the breastplate and a knight's helmet that has a long brown plume top and glowing golden eyes behind the visor.

"I am here everyone. I apologize for my tardiness once again, Your Majesty.", the armored being spoke in a powerful imposing voice and made his way to his vacant seat with his fellow Shields of Spriggan.

The walking suit of armor is Golden Eyes Brosnan, a mysterious individual who is said to be a product of Alvarez's special military project that has been made top secret and confidential only to the Emperor of Alvarez and certain others among the Twelve involved in it.

There are rumors surrounding Brosnan such as some stating that no one has seen past the armor of Brosnan and lived to talk about it, and others actually believed that Brosnan is a Machias just like his fellow Spriggan Shield, Wall Eehto.

Now that I think about it, Brosnan reminds me of Gowther in his Enchanted Armor. Still I never get to know what he looked like underneath it back then. I wonder what lies inside the armor of Golden Eyes if someone managed to break it. It would be an interesting revelation..., Zeref mused in his thoughts as he observed Viktor briefly arguing with the armored giant while other members of the Spriggan 12 apparently watched with amusement or rolling their eyes at the sitcom moment.

"Could you please stop your habit of being late and not be an embarrassment of the Twelve?!", the Winter General pleaded that showed even he is apparently not as stoic as others outside the Twelve believe him to be.

"No.", Brosnan simply said with a straight face as his blunt answer.

Annoyed of the giant suit's nonchalant response, Viktor sighed in defeat, "But can you at least be more punctual on time for once?"

"Yes.", Golden Eyes replied once again with a certain tone that no one can tell if he is serious or trolling behind the helmet.

Either way, this caused some of the Spriggan Shields to snicker at the comedic routine between Golden Eyes and the Winter General while others remained impassive or just rolled their eyes.

"What a beautiful friendship between winter and golden eyes.", musingly said a well-built young man with upward spiky blond hair and a large white cross symbol on his forehead who wears a golden kasaya that covers half of his body and wears a humongous cross hoisted on his back which he feels no complications despite sitting on a chair of his seat as one of the Twelve.

He is Larcade Dragneel, a 400 year old Demon of Zeref who was created by Zeref in one of his attempts to revive Natsu from the dead. He is the strongest out of the failed creations, bequeathed with the name of Dragneel as his new adopted child and the White Devil Sage for being an Etherious wielding the White Arts and his martial pacifistic nature.

"You stay out of this!", Viktor and Brosnan shouted at Larcade in unison.

"That I would agree, my son. They are like a Dynamic Duo despite their differences. They may argue and will fight but that's how they make the light as they come to understand each other in their own way. Truly an odd friendship between them.", Zeref chimed in with a wink and he smiled warmly at the White Devil Sage returned the favor, happy that his father has finally got to acknowledge him as his child ever since the Black Wizard returned from his time at Britannia that changed him positively.

"Before we begin with the meeting now that Brosnan has joined us, would you drop the old man act right now, please August? I know you like to roleplay your favorite wizard type from the books but you're too young to act far beyond your current age.", the Emperor of Alvarez requested towards the bearded old man in classic wizard attire.

"I-I beg your pardon, Your Majesty?", the strongest man in the Spriggan 12 stammered in confusion.

Narrowing his eyes with a look of a stern parent, Zeref called out, "Prince August Vermillion Dragneel."

The allegedly elderly Mage sweatdropped at the Emperor's strict gaze towards him through his very soul and then sighed with a youthful voice, ".... Yes, Father."

A puff of smoke engulfed the Magic King's old frame and from the smoke dispersed, it is revealed to be a well-built young man with long wavy pastel yellow blonde hair instead of an old wise man with a wizard beard.

He is August Vermillion Dragneel, the son of Zeref Dragneel and Mavis Vermillion and surrogate brother of Larcade Dragneel. He is also known as the Magic King who studied and mastered many Magics.

The Black Wizard was smart enough to figure out the little boy's origins just by realizing the strong resemblance with his mother and took August in as his another son in the royal family with Larcade being like an older surrogate brother to him.

"The young prince has finally unveiled his mask.", Kajeel mused while Viktor adjusted his glasses, Chester simply coughed and Brosnan just stared impassively.

"Oh, brother.", Larcade can only shake his head with a fond sigh.

"Ahyahyahyahyahyahyahya! Man, this is too much! Ahyahyahyahyahya! Are you that desperate to grow a beard, August? Like Your Majesty said, you're way too young for this shit! Ahyahyahyahyahyahyahya!", cackled a thin, youthful-looking man with medium-length, wavy, messy black hair with his devilishly smirking and pointy teeth who wears orange coveralls with a harness buckled around his chest in the form of a tunic that exposes his metallic shoulders; the collar is black, and around his waist he wears a black belt, and rubber boots.

He is Wall Eehto, a 106 year old Machias alchemist hailing from the sentient mechanical race aligned with the Alvarez Empire that became the bulwark of its advanced weapons and equipment, life-saving technologies and food, water and housing facilities that improves the lifestyle of the citizens of Alvarez across Alakitasia. He is known as the Judge for his role as an enforcer of the law and order despite his odd eccentricities.

Normally, Wall would have sent his Machias Doll Puppet whom he dubbed as "Gru" to represent him in almost every meeting between Emperor Spriggan and the Twelve. But this time around, he decided to come in person as himself.

And he is laughing his ass off at August since they are sitting next with each other on the round table.

"Shut up, will you?! Beards are cool and makes me feel so wise and powerful, you know!", August can only pout with an embarrassing blush, which only made the Machias laugh even harder.

On the other hand, Zeref can definitely see that his biological son is really more like his mother Mavis whenever she pouted in a cute manner at things that are not going her way as intended.

Mavis spoils August and Larcade a bit too much when she dotes on them but then again, she is beloved as a mother and an empress in Alvarez. I'm glad that I asked Merlin to suppress the curse on Mavis like she did to me., Zeref fondly thought of his wife who is recently incognito at Fiore to pay a visit her Guild, Fairy Tail led by her friend and successor, Precht Gaebolg.

It is also an added bonus that with the suppression of the curse, Mavis was able to grow up into a beautiful buxom woman than remain a child and Zeref has taken a liking to it very well.

I hope Natsu shares the same taste in women like me when I eventually meet him again. Although it will take a long while before the eventual opening of the Eclipse Gate on July 7, X777..., he mused.

"Enough of your obnoxious laugh this instant, Wall. Because if you don't keep yourself alert all times, you will never know when a bomb is gonna blow your legs up. This is why you're not cut for warfare with that attitude.", sternly reprimanded a lean and muscular man in his late 20s with short yellow hair hidden by a red bandana with the laces hanging long and loose, and wore only a coat cape that is draped over his upper naked body with dog tags hanging from his neck along with black gloves fit for combat and gray baggy pants and black boots.

He is Cruzer, a stern, no-nonsense high-ranking soldier with a patriotic sense of duty and love for his country that all rank and file members of the Alvarez military highly regarded him as an exemplary example to follow. He is known the Venomous War Dog for his powerful poison-type Magic he wields and being known for his ruthlessness and always the first to be the Emperor's vanguard.

"Ahyahyahyahyahya! Who the hell do you think you're talking to, mutt? I am the elite Machias, Wall! Never underestimate me, Cruzer!", the Judge devilishly smirked, almost as if he is daring the Venomous War Dog for a fight.

Cruzer growled in irritation like his epithet with a throbbing vein on his forehead at Wall who enjoyed egging his fellow Spriggan Shield on and sees him more stuck up than even Viktor.

Clapping his hands a few times, Zeref got the attention of the Spriggan Shields towards him. "Now, now everyone, settle down please and thank you. As I'm sure you've likely surmised, I've convened this meeting to discuss preparations for our liberation of Liones in Britannia."

Interested of the Alvarez monarch's intentions, the Judge remarked in a serious manner while maintaining some of his eccentric mischievousness, "From what I understand, we will be bringing judgment upon the Holy Knights and their transgressions upon the citizenry of the kingdom of Liones to repay the debt you owed them 10 years ago while you get to reunite with your old comrades, Your Majesty. Judging from your description about them in your little adventure in Britannia, they must be a very sinful bunch."

The Black Wizard chuckled, "Why yes indeed, Wall. They may be widely known as the cruelest order of Holy Knights feared and respected in Liones but once you get to know them, they are as I quote Ban, 'a bunch of fun loving goons who beat the crap out of anyone they don't like'. So of course I am looking forward to meeting them again after 10 years of separation on the fateful day where the Sins were unjustly framed of Great Holy Knight Zaratras's murder by the Holy Knights. Additionally on this campaign, I want the capital of Liones captured and the Holy Knights deposed in order to put King Bartra back on the throne after rescuing him from his captivity."

He added with the finishing touch, "With the added bonus of opening trade and diplomatic relations between both countries that will benefit Alvarez as part of the catch in this endeavor."

"Yes, that is very beneficial catch in your little liberation campaign, Your Majesty. I approve of your decision.", Brosnan agreed while Chester simply nodded.

"We are at your command, Father.", the Magic King and the White Sage Devil said together, willing to do their task for him.

"That's a very interesting way of putting it. I'm in!", Wall commented with a small smirk.

Viktor nodded in agreement as he readied his pen and papers, "On that note, let's plan out our strategy."

"Could you leave it to me then, Your Majesty? I am always ready to do my duty as a soldier would do.", the Venomous War Dog asked with his hardened eyes narrowed and his arms crossed, always ready for battle.

"No... You won't be doing this alone, Cruzer. We're going on an all-out attack.", Zeref declared firmly with some of the Spriggan Shields nodding in agreement while others contemplating of his decision at the same time.

The Desert Prince noted as he rubs his bearded chin at the Emperor's prospects in the liberation campaign, "An all-out attack huh? To be honest, I feel this overwhelming show of force is a tad bit excessive for such a liberation campaign. Sounds like overkill if you ask me. ... But then again, it is a job of the Spriggan 12 to carry out our duties."

"Yes, Kajeel, it will be seen as overkill but I rather put an end to the Holy Knights' grip on the country as quickly as possible. Anyway, it will send a very strong message to the Holy Knights that we are not fooling around and they are in an overwhelming disadvantage before Alvarez's greater number and far more powerful Mages they never seen before in Britannia. There is not a shred of ambiguity at all.", Zeref explained with a serious look on his face.

With that, the Spriggan Shields in the meeting are fully behind the Emperor of Alvarez and began formulating their plans for the liberation of Liones along with issuing orders of mobilizing their personal squadrons and the Alvarez military.

Back in the present day

Sensing three familiar Magic signatures that brought Zeref off from his thoughts back in the Imperial Palace with his meeting with the Spriggan Shields, the eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins felt very nostalgic.

It has been a long time since he felt the familiar aura of the blonde boy who had kicked his ass, had the potential to kill him for real with black flames and then kidnapped him to become one of the Seven Deadly Sins as their stand in for Lion's Sin of Pride, Escanor whenever he was unavailable or unsuitable in missions due to the unpredictable nature of his power, Sunshine.

Looks like our reunion has come sooner than I thought, Captain. I don't know of your purpose heading straight to Liones but it seems our goals have aligned unexpectedly. Oh well, I bet the rest of the Seven Deadly Sins would be in one heck of a surprise to see me with a great force behind me which the likes of Britannia has never seen before., Zeref thought in amusement.

A dark armored Alvarez soldier armed with a Lacrima tipped spear approached the black-haired monarch of Alvarez in a respectable manner and diligently reported, "Your Majesty, we've detected three great amounts of Magic power approaching rapidly northwest of Liones and their speed is abnormal."

The Winter General raised his eyebrow with curious wonder as he joined Zeref's side and have sensed them too as well, "Who are they?"

"We cannot confirm their identities, Sir Viktor. But these great powers must belong to...", the soldier explained.

"The Seven Deadly Sins. I see that Meliodas is already making his move towards the capital of Liones with his two other teammates accompanying him for the ride. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Well, I guess it is time to start the liberation of Liones and proceed as planned.", the Emperor of Alvarez remarked with an amused smile on his face.

He then added, "Before I forget, make sure Brosnan announces my name and title as one of the Seven Deadly Sins for all to hear down there. I'd rather not have my old teammates antagonize our forces out of a misunderstanding."

Viktor nodded, "Understood, Your Majesty. Follow me, Sgt. D.B. Baker."

"Sir, yes sir!", the Alvarez soldier saluted and left the bridge with his superior officer.

"The time has come, children of Alvarez! Today the Liberation of Liones is at hand! Commence the first wave of the attack!", Zeref announced with a dramatic wave of his hand.

In response, Brosnan, Kajeel Raml and the force of 100 airships from the west started their descent from the heavens ready to bring judgment upon the Holy Knights and aid the Seven Deadly Sins.

At the North Gate of the Liones Kingdom's capital

When the three members of the Seven Deadly Sins: the Fox's Sin of Greed, Ban; the Goat's Sin of Lust, Gowther and finally their captain, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath, Meliodas arrived on the north gate of the capital city of Liones thanks to the long distance Olympic spear throw by the Serpent's Sin of Envy, Diane with the intention to rescue Princess Elizabeth Liones after she was kidnapped by Vivian all of a sudden, the entire order of Holy Knights and military forces of Liones were mobilized to defend the capital and intercept the Sins from entering the North Gate.

Great Holy Knight Dreyfus made sure of that through the Communications Incantation Orb for all Holy Knights in the capital to hear, while Great Holy Knight Hendrickson gave his orders to mobilize the New Generation in order to add in the defense of Liones too as well.

"Landing confirmed!", the Holy Knight with a spear and shield exclaimed.

"Prepare for a counterattack!", the other Holy Knight said upon unsheathing his sword.

Emerging from the smoke from their violent crash landing unharmed and unscathed, the three Sins immediately charged towards the Holy Knights at full speed and with no signs of stopping their momentum.

"First and foremost, our goal is to rescue Elizabeth! Keep the fighting to a minimum!", Meliodas ordered.

"Roger that.", Gowther emotionlessly complied.

Ban smirked in a singing tone however, "But within that minimum, you'll go all out right Cap'nnn?"

"Like, I'm going in for the kill!", Meliodas with hardened eyes declared when he heads straight towards the Holy Knights already making their first move against the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins

The Holy Knights then unleashed the full power of their respective Magical abilities, not realizing the biggest mistake they have made and won't probably live to regret if they're not lucky.

"Aura Burst!", a dual wielding Holy Knight in blue armor unleashed a powerful Magical energy wave slash.

"Inferno Incantation!", a staff wielding Holy Knight in red armor fired a strong flamethrower-type attack.

"Plant Whip!", a green armored Holy Knight with a chained spike ball and shield summoned a large plant whip with multiple lashes from the ground he rides on.

"Bullet Squall!", a Holy Knight in copper armor launched a torrential rain of bullets from the skies with a push of his hands.

"Wind Shooter!", a silver armored Holy Knight rapidly spins around with his dual swords that sends a succession of sharp winds.

"Death Breath!", a scythe-wielding Holy Knight in purple armor summons forth carnivorous ghosts ready to chomp on flesh and consume.

"Flick Stone!", a brown armored Holy Knight slams his mace on the ground and sends forth a massive avalanche of rocks upon raising his weapon up.

In retaliation, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath quickly unsheathed the short sword that was a gift from the deceased Liz of Danafor and swung it at the enemy before him, activating his power.

"FULL COUNTER!"

It reflected all of the Holy Knights' attacks right back at them with immense abhorrence, sending their bloodied forms flying from their own spells.

The defeated Holy Knights screamed in pain before losing their consciousness upon crashing on the ground.

After clearing the path, another Holy Knight whose gauntlets are shaped like blunt weapons instead of hands appeared before the Sins and stood in their way.

"So you are the Seven Deadly Sins! Worthy opponent indee-EABYANGH!", the poor guy did not even get to finish his sentence when Meliodas just punched him in the face of his helmet whose visor's shape had a grinning face with big teeth.

He was spinning in mid-air before crashing down hard on the ground unconscious like his unfortunate comrades did.

"Stop the Seven Deadly Sins! Stop th-EMARUGH!", the unfortunate Holy Knight was immediately blitzed through with his helmet dented through deeply by the advancing Sins.

The Holy Knights could not deter the Sins with Meliodas reflecting another attack right back at his opponent, Ban singing himself a tune while casually sending more Holy Knights flying just by passing through them and Gowther kept running along the way.

"They're not even slowing down!", the terrified Holy Knight panicked.

"We can't stop them!", his companion despaired.

"Elizabeth! Wait for me! I'm coming for you!", Meliodas shouted as he kept cutting through the Holy Knights' ranks with Ban and Gowther following his lead.

Suddenly, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath stopped his tracks for some reason which his comrades followed suit in confusion.

"Cap'n? Why are you stopping all of a...", Ban was about to ask but he, Meliodas and Gowther sensed a huge amount of Magical power that they've never felt before.

Even the Holy Knights paused their actions when they felt it too as well and find themselves bewildered.

"What?... What is this crazy large amount of power that I sense?", Ban wondered out aloud.

What the hell was that?! It has been 3,000 years since I felt this level of power to be that pretty big as a member of the Ten Commandments like Galand when he went Critical Over! ... Meliodas noted in his mind with great hint of apprehension while he spoke out loud, "No, the numbers of powers is far more than several thousand of them and there are two more Magic powers incomparably far more greater than the rest, even us... Where are they coming from?"

Gowther explained as he pointed up in the sky above him, "To be more precise, the source behind such powers far greater than anything we've felt before is located above us, Captain."

The Sins of Wrath and Greed looked up only to gasp in utter shock and surprise when they see a fleet of 100 flying advanced warships, each of them are equipped with many high-powered Magic guns and artillery and capable of carrying numerous troops from hundreds to thousands for ground assaults, flying over the capital city of Liones and that they sense two greater powers leading the fleet.

The airships fly the colors of the Alvarez Empire.

The three members of the Seven Deadly Sins and the Holy Knights of Liones have found themselves caught off guard that there is a third party making themselves known to all in the kingdom of Liones, and they are armed to the teeth with weapons the Britannians have never seen before and possessed powers far above their own.

That made them realize the outside world is truly a vast place indeed.

On the command ship of the aerial assault fleet, Golden Eyes Brosnan brandished the Communications Lacrima and announced for all across Liones capital to hear through it on his armored hand per orders by Zeref while Kajeel Raml remained quiet and composed, observing the stunned Britannians on the ground from the crow's nest of the same ship he's at.

"People of Liones! We are the Alvarez Empire from beyond the seas and we have come to liberate you from ten long years of tyranny and oppression by your so-called noble guardians of Britannia! Our Emperor, The Raven's Sin of Despair, Zeref has returned and your reckoning has come, Holy Knights!", the massive armored knight announced in a booming voice.

It certainly gave the biggest shock on everyone in Liones who heard it all loud and clear including even the Sins.

"WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!"

Meanwhile, a certain duo comprised of a young king clad in a set of full-body gold-colored steel armor with a unique helmet accentuated by three horns, two triple integrals, and a cape and a youthful-looking sorceress clad in her heavy cloak at the South Gate of Liones were observing the scene of Alvarez's sudden appearance over the Liones capital that caught all parties by surprise.

"Well... I think we won't need that illusion army anymore, Lady Merlin. Those ships in the sky look cool though.", the king of Camelot said with a weak laugh and removed his helmet, revealing his messy orange hair and purple eyes, to take a better look at the aerial fleet of Alvarez.

"I-I guess so, Arthur...", the Boar's Sin of Gluttony agreed with a sweatdrop as she removed her cloak's hood to reveal her beautiful face and remarked in her thoughts after hearing Brosnan's announcement. Dammit Zeref. I never took you for a man full of surprises ever since Captain recruited you into the Seven Deadly Sins as our reserve member 10 years ago and had to work in getting you out of your phase after I suppressed that troublesome curse of yours temporarily. Including your wife too as well when you asked me for a favor during a short trip at Fiore back then. *sighs* There goes my original plan and I will just have to make a new one as Arthur and I proceed entering the city and rescue the king... Still, I never imagined the Raven's Sin of Despair to be an emperor of a faraway nation outside Britannia and came back with an actual army on his side.

Then Merlin and Arthur saw the airships of Alvarez began to open fire their barrage of powerful Magical blasts towards the capital of Liones which a special Magic barrier, that she deduced that it was the work of her former apprentice Vivian, around the city had been activated to protect Liones capital from being reduced to nothing but rubble.

But it's only a short moment of time until the barrier gives in to the bombardment soon and the armies of Alvarez will besiege the capital city.

Either way, the Holy Knights are completely and utterly screwed now, especially Dreyfus and Hendrickson., she finished, feeling herself to be in the outside-context problem for the first time of her long-lived life for 3,000 years.

Author's Note: Phew, at last! The second chapter of "Sins of the Spriggan" is done and I hope you enjoy it. Since I made a mistake of making August being an old man despite the canon reveals that Zeref met him as a child and commented he looks like Mavis yet did not recognize him as his son, I have to improvise with August Vermillion Dragneel having a habit of using the wise old man guise thanks to Transformation Magic due to liking classic wizards with staffs. Respect the wizard beard! :D

I find it odd that Zeref did not figure out August was his son despite recognizing traits of Mavis in their meeting long ago, unless of course he already knew but did not want to take another life after knowing what happened to the First Master of Fairy Tail in their moment of love and passion. Thanks to Merlin's efforts on temporarily suppressing the Ankhseram Black Magic on Zeref, August can now be loved by his father and takes the surname of both of his parents. As for Mavis who got the same treatment from Merlin as well, I have plans for her in this story.

Same with Larcade, he is a cool character that I liked when he made his first debut and deserved some love after what happened in the climax of the final arc of Fairy Tail. Of course his Magic will be White Arts instead of his canon power that is very disappointing in my honest opinion and I had it retconned from this story.

Imagine the irony and aneurysm from the Goddesses and Demons toward Larcade for being a Demon wielding a holy light element abilities. Even long before Tristan, son of Meliodas and Elizabeth and one of the Four Knights of the Apocalypse, was born.

After thinking through the titles for Zeref as the eighth member of the Seven Deadly Sins and stand-in for Escanor whenever he is not available, I choose "Raven's Sin of Despair".

Credits goes to Insane Dominator, Daemon of Wrath and SpectrumRay16 for helping me with the ideas and OCs for this story.

Anyways, enjoy and don't forget to review. :)

Back