The profession Hisana has chosen is one that means the bad memorizes will always outnumber the good, therefore rather than make a futile attempt to fight against that harsh reality it would be best to limit such a use to truly memorable/happy occasions. This way they'll serve as a light to ward off the darkness which is the accumulated memories of battle, and death seen in Sharingan HD.
Point of order:
There is actually no evidence for the assertion that disproportionate numbers of Uchiha go nuts, as far as I can tell.
Mangy Eye users, yes.
Basic Sharingan? Not so much.

Point of order:
There is actually no evidence for the assertion that disproportionate numbers of Uchiha go nuts, as far as I can tell.
Mangy Eye users, yes.
Basic Sharingan? Not so much.
Er I haven't mentioned Mangy Eye much less the normal Sharingan doing so to those who use it? I've simply noted the inability of someone to forget images perceived by one means you want to minimize your use of it, and suggested one plausible strategy for coping with the fact that a lot of Hisana's unforgettable moments are going to be bloody, and involve a lot of death.

What's currently up with Sakura right now is probably really interesting. She was right next to Mizuki when he did his whole demon rant, so she's probably been debriefed on Naruto's whole deal by now. That said, given him valiantly swooping in to her rescue, she's probably quite inclined to take it positively. And, of course, she's probably killed someone - perhaps multiple people - during the Graduation Fiasco.

I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Might as well switch my vote.

[x] - Kenjutsu
[x] - Work on your Iaido some more, and perfect your integration of it and your chakra flow.

I do want the shuriken triggerable exploding tags at some point, since I can see that line leading to larger explosions, more shuriken launched at once along with different weapons too. Missile Massacre at some point if Hisana finds a way to launch a large group of them at once from her seal.

Hm. Use an explosive seal to shatter a shuriken along pre-weakened lines into dozens of fragments which each have their own explosive seals. Basically the ninja equvilant of a cluster bomb.

Really wouldn't bother like that, be easier to use say a Fuma Shuriken that has normal ones attached to it and as it gets closer to the target they detach and then explode.

Sorry, I have trauma regarding this and your post hit a nerve. Plus going by fanon, Tora is demon incarnate and more powerful than the two tailed Bijuu. I totally imagined Tora cutting a dogs head off if we try and capture him with one.

Speaking of fanon, if anyone wants to wipe all the gunk of fanon away and see the series with clear eyes once more, come on down to this thread to do so without spending all the time and energy of reading the entire manga: The Naruto Reread Thread

How pervasive has fanon become in how many people conceive of Naruto? Too many ways to count; among them is the simple fact that Sasuke never once replies to anyone by just grunting "Hn."

[x] - Kenjutsu
[x] - Work on your Iaido some more, and perfect your integration of it and your chakra flow.

Cool quest, I wonder what Hisana's eventual Nin-nickname will be? Given how we only have one tomoe in each eye and might be locked there given how weak our bloodline is supposed to be Snake Eyes Hisana? (inb4 Orochimaru is the 'disreputable father'.)
Honestly, we know how to use chakra strings, it shouldn't be that hard to just attach one to our sword so that, in the unlikely case we are disarmed, we can yoink it back.
Oh, idea! A fusion, Chakra Razorwire. Given how Wind is her element, it should be (relatively) easy for her.

Cool quest, I wonder what Hisana's eventual Nin-nickname will be? Given how we only have one tomoe in each eye and might be locked there given how weak our bloodline is supposed to be Snake Eyes Hisana? (inb4 Orochimaru is the 'disreputable father'.)

Nope. it got upgraded to 2 tomato. Soon it shall be three tomato then four tomato then five tomato and then we shall have a pizza party.

-edit-
Huh, guess we still have one just the sharrigan got upgraded.

Last edited:
Stop: Stop
Citation please? And, again, Orochimaru didn't get away with doing his research.

Explain why.

So, you are saying Danzo will care about our well-being enough to not check (by kidnapping and mind walking us, if nothing else)?

It is at least as likely as Danzo learning of what we tell Hokage. And that's assuming there's only one SI besides us.
stop Under the Rule 4 expansion against spaghetti posting, this is a breach of Rule 4, for which I will be infracting you 25 points for as well as warning you against similar behaviour in the future.

A thought just occurred: how many of us actually remember what the exact steps to creating the Rasengan are? Mary's memories of the series weren't very fresh even 4 years ago, and while the Rasengan is very simple in concept, it's not quite as simple as "just spin around a lot of chakra in your hand and it'll sort itself out."

And even though it's simple in concept, in execution it's extraordinarily difficult (it's A-ranked for a reason). It's not sometimes referred to as the ultimate expression of shape manipulation for nothing, after all; you have to really master shape manipulation to pull it off. Naruto burned through way more chakra over the course of trying to learn the technique than even most jonin can set aside simply for training in the span of at least a month, and he still had to essentially cheat by having a Shadow Clone share the burden with him. And for those saying Hisana can do it easier because of the Sharingan: Sasuke had his Sharingan when he took a month to learn the Chidori, a technique Kakashi invented after failing to learn the Rasengan.

The Rasengan (and probably any A-rank jutsu, really) is not "Okay, let's copy this thing and spend about a week ironing out the details and then we can have a big hitter for our jutsu arsenal" material. If we wanted to learn the Rasengan, it would be a genuine commitment.

The Rasengan (and probably any A-rank jutsu, really) is not "Okay, let's copy this thing and spend about a week ironing out the details and then we can have a big hitter for our jutsu arsenal" material. If we wanted to learn the Rasengan, it would be a genuine commitment.

And honestly, if we wanted an unarmed option, it would make more sense to try for something like Baki's wind blade. That's basically just a higher level development of what we already do with our sword and wind release, and would thus probably be much easier to pick up down the line.

A thought just occurred: how many of us actually remember what the exact steps to creating the Rasengan are?
I'd imagine most since it's a very important event in canon. It's been something like nine years since I watched the Tsunade arc, wow that was forever ago, and I still remember it quite well:

1) Fill water balloon with water. Spin water until the ball pops. This requires chakra spinning in multiple directions.
2) Take a hollow rubber ball, repeat step 1. This is all about pumping tons of power in.
3) Fill water balloon with air. Repeat previous steps but without bursting the balloon this time.

[1]A thought just occurred: how many of us actually remember what the exact steps to creating the Rasengan are? Mary's memories of the series weren't very fresh even 4 years ago, and while the Rasengan is very simple in concept, it's not quite as simple as "just spin around a lot of chakra in your hand and it'll sort itself out."[/1]

[2]And even though it's simple in concept, in execution it's extraordinarily difficult (it's A-ranked for a reason). It's not sometimes referred to as the ultimate expression of shape manipulation for nothing, after all; you have to really master shape manipulation to pull it off. [/2] [3] Naruto burned through way more chakra over the course of trying to learn the technique than even most jonin can set aside simply for training in the span of at least a month, and he still had to essentially cheat by having a Shadow Clone share the burden with him. [/3] [4] And for those saying Hisana can do it easier because of the Sharingan: Sasuke had his Sharingan when he took a month to learn the Chidori, a technique Kakashi invented after failing to learn the Rasengan.[/4]

Addressing indicated sections of the quote:
[1] I do, and no, I haven't reread the series, ever. The steps are: learning how to simultaneously project and rotate your chakra in multiple directions, accomplished by using a water-filled small balloon in one's hand and rotating the water in it with your chakra until it bursts, with the secret being that you need to rotate it in multiple directions at once; learning to concentrate significant quantities of chakra into your construct, done by using a robust rubber balloon and repeating first stage of training with it; learning to keep your chakra construct stable, done with an air-filled water balloon and repeating step two, but making sure that the balloon doesn't burst.

[2] Based on multiple genin-level people (Konohamaru, Naruto) learning the rasengan, it seems that, while a powerful technique, the training method outlined in [1] is, in fact, quite efficient and allows one to quickly improve one's shaping manipulation abilities. Which is a worthy goal in itself.

[3] I'd like to point out that Naruto suffered from badly directed training. Jiraya was, very noticeably, doing the "wise old master" routine, and withholding critical pieces of information (natural direction of chakra rotation, the need to rotate in multiple directions) in order to... Improve Naruto's reasoning ability, I guess? Naruto also had sh*t control over all.

[4] Chidori is both elemental and spatial recomposition, which adds some difficulty. In one month Sasuke had to learn elemental recomposition. Remember, the thing that took Shadow Clone training for Naruto to learn, while he was older, and overall far more trained than Sasuke was? And in that time Sasuke also was able to work on his taijutsu and physical conditioning. I, however, do not think that Hisana will be able to instantly learn rasengan. However, rasengan training is a training regiment that should drastically improve her spatial recomposition skills. And I value spatial recomposition skills a lot.

Rasengan isn't our technique, we're better off trying to create something new to augment our kenjutsu or something....

Edit: hey what are the rules for creating a new jutsu? Post it how it works and wait for qm approval and then actually train it?

Last edited:
Rasengan isn't our technique, we're better off trying to create something new to augment our kenjutsu or something.
We should probably be able to work out some sort of wind technique for that.

Temari's big wind techniques seem to rely on her fan to some extent, but it would be impossible for the fan to generate as much wind as it does on it's own, and there are wind techniques that can be performed with your bare hands (Blade of Wind for example), so it should be possible to create some sort of wind blade projectile using our sword.

Or we could just, like, work on making our wind element really fucking sharp, and use it like a budget/alternate element Chidori.

We should probably be able to work out some sort of wind technique for that.

Temari's big wind techniques seem to rely on her fan to some extent, but it would be impossible for the fan to generate as much wind as it does on it's own, and there are wind techniques that can be performed with your bare hands (Blade of Wind for example), so it should be possible to create some sort of wind blade projectile using our sword.

Or we could just, like, work on making our wind element really fucking sharp, and use it like a budget/alternate element Chidori.
Well I found something for speed and chakra control... dunno how to spoiler things though

Back