Another solid chapter. I especially liked the breakdown on the validity of large samurai armies in the elemental nations. It felt very real and as though Hisana is comfortably referencing a solid fact that she has internalised and accepted. I aloso appreciate the political intrigue regarding the nation's situation - And speakin of that, any ideas on the optimal play rn?

Nope, that's Sandayū. But to be fair to him, no one was really expecting Snow to have invented the machine gun.

Speaking of, we wouldn't have gotten an opportunity to salvage some stuff from the ninja that attacked our ship, would we? Collect intact pieces from the destroyed armors, or go diving for the Kunai launchers on the sunk boats, for example?

"We have heard of your victory, your highness. I come bearing word from the Elder of the Village Hidden in the Snow - Doto shall have out support no longer! He still has some ninja, those who value his gold more than loyalty or honour, but we will fight alongside you, your highness," the Snow ninja said, and Hisana's eyes narrowed at that. It was certainly very convenient, especially as it would keep things roughly on track with canon.
I wonder if this is because they are actually loyal or because they are terrified at the idea of fighting Hisana and co again.

For those who may have forgotten Hisana engaged ~12 airborne Snow Ninja and ~6 boats filled with more Snow Ninja in Chakra Armor. Hisana sunk all 6 boats, although the Snow Ninja survived by water walking, and killed 6 of the flyers. Hinata killed at least one flyer and Karin is implied to have scored some off-screen kills.

In all that not only did we not receive a single injury despite being massively outnumbered we also (seemingly casually) demonstrated multiple flaws in their supposedly invincible Chakra Armor. Hisana used five unique ways of bypassing the armor's defenses, Hinata demonstrated her own, as did Karin.

After getting mauled like that and running away I would not be surprised if the survivors reported back about the monsters from Konoha. Since Koyuki "clearly" has Konoha's backing in this coup the Snow Ninja didn't really have a choice if they wanted to survive.

If we succeed at installing Koyuki, I would totes be down for buying some chakra armor for our selves. It is still really useful.

Another solid chapter. I especially liked the breakdown on the validity of large samurai armies in the elemental nations. It felt very real and as though Hisana is comfortably referencing a solid fact that she has internalised and accepted. I aloso appreciate the political intrigue regarding the nation's situation - And speakin of that, any ideas on the optimal play rn?
After getting mauled like that and running away I would not be surprised if the survivors reported back about the monsters from Konoha. Since Koyuki "clearly" has Konoha's backing in this coup the Snow Ninja didn't really have a choice if they wanted to survive.
Dunno anything about the Snow Village ninja, and Hisana has to worry about whether they'd just be luring her team into a trap.
Or if they'd be willing to engage fellow Snow Village ninja if push comes to shove. Note that they havent said anything about how many ninja Doto has, and their leader Yasuhiro's plan is based around avoiding fighting Doto's ninja, sniping Doto and running away.

Nothing wrong with that, and I might consider it as an option if I trusted the Snow Village ninja.

Plus, I have my concerns about attempting to sneak into a castle that I have no reliable, recent intelligence reports about to snipe someone.
A castle with an enemy jounin to boot. Seems too smart for its own good. We did bring demo charges for the castle, which means we can drop the walls for accompanying samurai, and the samurai dont seem to have any such organizational sympathies for Doton's forces.

Personally, Id go with Sandayuu's plan; dont take soldiers with uncertain loyalties to watch your back in a fight.

VOTE
[X] Sandayū's plan - the snow ninja and three hundred of the samurai strike the capital, whilst two hundred of the samurai and the Konoha ninja attack the palace.

[X] Sandayū's plan - the snow ninja and three hundred of the samurai strike the capital, whilst two hundred of the samurai and the Konoha ninja attack the palace.

[x] Yasuhiro's plan - almost all the ninja strike the palace, whilst the Samurai concentrate on the capital.

[x] Yasuhiro's plan - almost all the ninja strike the palace, whilst the Samurai concentrate on the capital.

Hopefully he is there so they can take out the strongest enemy combatants and command structure all at once.

Yeah at least this way if snow betrays us they have to plan two ambushes to kill our samurai.

i wonder what the trenchcoat guys have been doing around here, or maybe they think it's unimportant since it's filler/movie?

[X] Sandayū's plan - the snow ninja and three hundred of the samurai strike the capital, whilst two hundred of the samurai and the Konoha ninja attack the palace

i wonder what the trenchcoat guys have been doing around here, or maybe they think it's unimportant since it's filler/movie?
Would they even agree if it's canon or not?

I have to ask, but is there any plan to get a legendary sword?

I have to ask, but is there any plan to get a legendary sword?
Not in the short term no.

Both for thematic reasons(something like that should be a capstone), and because at the moment we can invest that effort into getting more buff instead. Legendary swords in Naruto are not all that impressive compared to places like Bleach anyway; only swords really worth the name were Orochimaru's Kusanagi and Itachi's Sword of Totsuka.

Tally:
Adhoc vote count started by uju32 on May 25, 2021 at 7:18 AM, finished with 27 posts and 16 votes.

Legendary swords in Naruto are not all that impressive compared to places like Bleach anyway; only swords really worth the name were Orochimaru's Kusanagi and Itachi's Sword of Totsuka.

I'd say Samehada was pretty damn impressive given its ability to eat absurd amounts of chakra, though its status as a 'sword' is debatable.

Back