I now have this image of Dragons from all over the world, coming out of the woodwork to fight Endbringers. Of course, Naurelin would have to be declared spokesdragon: "We've had enough of these true monsters. And no, we're not new. We've always been here, and this is our world too."

If THAT becomes a moment in this story's canon, I personally think it would be as epic as the Portals scene from Avengers Endgame.

I now have this image of Dragons from all over the world, coming out of the woodwork to fight Endbringers. Of course, Naurelin would have to be declared spokesdragon: "We've had enough of these true monsters. And no, we're not new. We've always been here, and this is our world too."
Turns out that Mouse Protector is really a copper dragon with a penchant for teleportation and acrobatics...

While I appreciate the Interlude, did we gain anything from it?

@Kryslin as far as I can tell the Interlude could be cut out entirely without really losing anything story-relevant. Kind of a waste of words, sadly.

Sometimes, less is more, particularly when it comes to storytelling.
We gained insight into how various character's perspecives of the events of the story so far.

While I appreciate the Interlude, did we gain anything from it?
@Kryslin as far as I can tell the Interlude could be cut out entirely without really losing anything story-relevant. Kind of a waste of words, sadly.
Sometimes, less is more, particularly when it comes to storytelling.

As has been previously mentioned, the Interludes are a chance to see the reactions and POVs of other characters in the story. In this case, Lung's, Kaiser's, and Assault's.

It also gives me a bit of a breather, as most of the scenes are already written, I just need to figure out what each character is seeing that is different.

You can skip each interlude as presented, and still not miss any of the story. That hasn't changed since the first one.

Can we please see tiamat and/or bahamut vs leviathan? Kaiju battle for the win!
Maybe later.

IIRC, it's Simurgh's turn to attack Earth Bet.

But if, as per canon, Leviathan goes after Brockton Bay...

Speaking of, I do hope Halbeard doesn't decide to try breaking the Endbringer Truce by sacrificing Kaiser, like he did in canon. That was, as is Worm standard, an epic case of someone holding the Idiot Ball.

I know what's going to happen to Kaiser...
Arc 6 deals with the stupidity of the Empire 88. Or what happens when the Nazis go dragon hunting and fail.
Then Leviathan strikes.
What happens next after that will be a real surprise.

I can understand some of his logic. Put villains in the positions most likely to have heavy casualties, and it makes things easier for the heroes after the Endbringer attack... in theory. But doing so to create an opertunity for Armsmaster to try soloing the endbringer? That was epic idiocy.

Which is Armsmaster's cue to use the plasma cutter feature of his halberd. :)
*Kaiser looks nervously at the glowing halberd, starts edging away*
Armsmaster: Ok, Kaiser, hold very still. the more you move, the more likely i am to remove something important. Do try to remember not to wear pants made of blades next time.
*kaiser faints*
Armsmaster: well that will make this easier. *starts cutting*

Though seriously, that's a modest size bed (less then a cubic meter of gold, even if as coins they take up more space then that,) a bunch of snacks/supplements, and a bunch of limited run collectible dolls. The first two are there for utilitarian reasons. The last is there because this Dragon personally values them. Which do you think the Dragon will become most upset about if something happens to it?
Probably the gold. After all:

"I'm thinking about acquiring more gold. I watched a cartoon that gave me ideas."

"Ideas?"

"Tell me, Armsmaster: what do you know about ducks with money bins?"

Last edited:
"I'm thinking about acquiring more gold. I watched a cartoon that gave me ideas."

"Ideas?"

"Tell me, Armsmaster: what do you know about ducks with money bins?"

Dragonlor having a Ducktales Scrooge McDuck style Money Bin........I don't know whether to think that would be hilarious or epic. I also can't help but think that if she DOES get that, she's probably going to have to deal with the local equivalent of the Beagle Boys.

However, since Scaling Up is already a tangled mess, I decided not to. However, something unexpected does happen there. You'll have to wait for it, though.
Dragons would be overkill, and you said you didn't want too many crossovers. So something unexpected that might give Ziz pause, perhaps throw a strange wrench into the entire battle, but perhaps not actually stop the Endbringer or the overall outcome...

I vote dropbear! 😄

Dragons would be overkill, and you said you didn't want too many crossovers. So something unexpected that might give Ziz pause, perhaps throw a strange wrench into the entire battle, but perhaps not actually stop the Endbringer or the overall outcome...

I vote dropbear! 😄

I vote someone asks Ziz why Pauly Shore has a career still.

I vote a cape who can Master honey badgers and Canadian geese! See how Ziz likes being assaulted by two of the most ruthless animals in history!

Naurelin just starts eating at Fugly Bob's (Pizza Edition) and discovers on complete accident that Ziz is mortally terrified of Hawaiian pizza when she takes it to go.

Back