Request for subscription award

BirdBodhisattva

A bodhisattva, by definition, must die to move on.
Dear staff,

Or, in case you have the site privileges to do it, dear @Skippy

Near the end of 2023, we had the User's Choice Award event.

On the explanation section of the main thread of the even (on the first post) it was explained that:
Award Winners will receive a six month gold subscription, a custom banner to indicate that they are a User's Choice Awards winner, as well as one of the beautiful medals above (made by our very own @Redshirt Army), and the right to display it on their winning thread in a thread header.
(I cannot quote directly from that thread, this is under the "So what do we get if we win?" box)

Having checked the list of award winners, I have noticed that none of the following users currently have a gold subscription (which leads me to believe they were never awarded):
@Shadell
@Alivaril
@triumph8w
@AMTurtle
@Aelita
@EarthScorpion
@Aleph
@Gazetteer
@BirdBodhisattva

(I am quoting these posters because this matter relates to them, even if tangentially, and because by scrolling over their pinged names one can more easily see their banners, and check that they do not have gold subscriptions. I apologize if the mass-ping is inconvenient.)

Of course, the gold subscription is only for six months, not permanent, so it will eventually fade. And this is not a pressing matter. However, I was wondering if this subject merits attention, or if I perhaps misinterpreted the text and none of these users are to receive a subscription reward.

Thank you for your time,

Thats appreciated, as is the effort to put up this thread, though I must admit the gold subscription isn't too important to me.
I agree. I don't think any of us thinks it's terribly important (EDIT: hence it not even being noticed, I suppose). I only remembered it because I saw Skippy's name while checking the "staff list" section of the site. Still, five minutes to make this thread was no real effort.

Dear staff,

Or, in case you have the site privileges to do it, dear @Skippy

Near the end of 2023, we had the User's Choice Award event.

On the explanation section of the main thread of the even (on the first post) it was explained that:

(I cannot quote directly from that thread, this is under the "So what do we get if we win?" box)

Having checked the list of award winners, I have noticed that none of the following users currently have a gold subscription (which leads me to believe they were never awarded):
@Shadell
@Alivaril
@triumph8w
@AMTurtle
@Aelita
@EarthScorpion
@Aleph
@Gazetteer
@BirdBodhisattva

(I am quoting these posters because this matter relates to them, even if tangentially, and because by scrolling over their pinged names one can more easily see their banners, and check that they do not have gold subscriptions. I apologize if the mass-ping is inconvenient.)

Of course, the gold subscription is only for six months, not permanent, so it will eventually fade. And this is not a pressing matter. However, I was wondering if this subject merits attention, or if I perhaps misinterpreted the text and none of these users are to receive a subscription reward.

Thank you for your time,

Thanks for raising this.

As Ford said, we in the process of getting all the subscription awards for both participants and winners sorted out, and this should be completely finished within the next one to two business days. The UCA winners' subscriptions should be handed out shortly after the time of posting. Apologies for the delay - there have been some rather unexpected exigent circumstances this month for me - and thanks for your patience.

Also, a big round of thanks from me to you and all the other UCA finalists for all that you have achieved. Each of you has brought a smile to so many faces with your work, and the prizes we give are only a small token of recognition of that.

EDIT: The subscriptions should be handed out, please let me know if there are any issues.

Last edited:
Back