Prince Aladdin Quest (Disney Villains *Almost* Victorious)

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by TempestK on Apr 19, 2021 at 12:27 PM, finished with 75 posts and 23 votes.

• [X] Plan: Inwards and Outwards
    - [X][Martial] Reinforce Borders Set up extra guard posts and increase patrols
    - [X][Stewardship] Expand housing district
    - [X][Diplomacy] Send Envoys to the (East/West/North/South)
    --[X] East: According to the maps you have the Hunnic States and the Silk Road lie in that direction. A good chance for profit! And to perhaps head off raids.
    - [X][Intrigue] The Hills Have Eyes
    - [X][Learning] Once and Future Prince
    - [X][Learning]Assign Chiron to assist a Hero
    --[X]Aladdin - Once and Future Prince
    - [X][Occult] Tomes, Trinkets and Treasures
    - [X][Personal] Correspond with Jasmine
    - [X][Personal] A Cover is not the Book
    [X] Plan: Let's get down to business!
    -[X][Diplomacy] Establish a diplomatic embassy in Agrabah
    --[X][Learning] Assign Chiron to assist a Hero
    ---[X]Aladdin
    [X] Plan: Secure the east
    - [X][Stewardship] Set up a Trade Agreement with Agrabah independent of any marriage.
    - [X][Diplomacy] Send Envoys to the (East/West/North/South)
    --[X] East: According to the maps you have the Hunnic States and the Silk Road lie in that direction. A good chance for profit! And to perhaps head off raids.
    - [X][Learning] Over Hill and Dale
    - [X][Personal] Visit Jasmine
    [x]Plan Meet The New Neighbors
    - [x][Martial] Let's Get Down to Business
    -[X][Diplomacy] A Hun in the Hand
    - [x][Occult] Hidden Hollows and Gilded Glens
    [X] Plan: ...to defeat, the Huns, I mean Mongols.
    - [X][Stewardship] Set up a Trade Agreement with Agrabah independent of any marriage.
    -[X][Diplomacy] A Hun in the Hand
    -[X][Intrigue] Get the lay of the local underworld
    -[X][Occult] Golden Afternoon
    -[X][Personal] Assist one of your advisors in a task.
    --[X] A Hun in the Hand

Aw I missed the vote.
Side note: does anyone know what era Aladdin is set in because for some reason when I asked that in a thread(I forgot the name of it but I think that it was a Jafar quest) people say that its post apocalypse/mad max of all things?

Side note: does anyone know what era Aladdin is set in because for some reason when I asked that in a thread(I forgot the name of it but I think that it was a Jafar quest) people say that its post apocalypse/mad max of all things?
The post-apocalyptic future theory came about because of all of Genie's cultural references to stuff that wouldn't have happened yet. As well as small background details from the Sega Genesis game such as a stop sign and mickey hats strewn about the place. So the theory is that Genie isn't seeing the future with these references, but instead harking back to the past.

Now here in Prince Aladdin Quest, that isn't the case at all. Genie's phenomenal cosmic powers include the ability to look forward and backward through time and even affect causality. Which is how he populated Ababwa and wove it into existence. The era that Aladdin here started in, before Chernabog made time into his personal thing of silly putty, was just a bit after the fall of the Persian Empire.

Last edited:
The post-apocalyptic future theory came about because of all of Genie's cultural references to stuff that wouldn't have happened yet. As well as small background details from the Sega Genesis game such as a stop sign and mickey hats strewn about the place. So the theory is that Genie isn't seeing the future with these references, but instead harking back to the past.

Now here in Prince Aladdin Quest, that isn't the case at all. Genie's phenomenal cosmic powers include the ability to look forward and backward through time and even affect causality. Which is how he populated Ababwa and wove it into existence. The era that Aladdin here started in, before Chernabog made time into his personal thing of silly putty, was just a bit after the fall of the Persian Empire.
So no Atlantis the lost empire and no pirates of the Caribbean? Nice. That would have been hard to explain

So no Atlantis the lost empire and no pirates of the Caribbean? Nice. That would have been hard to explain
Oh no, they're here. When Chernabog escaped his eternal cycle he basically punched through several dimensions and timelines. The world you're in now is a Frankenstein's Monster of worlds, stitched together by SPACE/TIME itself from whatever pieces could be salvaged to keep the worlds from imploding.

How does that work? All those princesses in Britain, America should be full of different people as well. Or is it about small parts of different 'movies'?

How does that work? All those princesses in Britain, America should be full of different people as well. Or is it about small parts of different 'movies'?
Time ducktape and quietly ignoring paradoxes, far as I'm aware.
Pretty much this. Essentially multiple realities got tossed in a blender and then the largest surviving pieces were pulled out and stitched together to create the current world. So the Americas are kind of a hot mess, especially North America. For example a solid chunk of the northern Founding States have been replaced with near-pristine forest.

You should link DVV's documents in an informational post if it hasn't been already. Most of these questions are addressed in the rules & fluff.

All right then, let's look at the DCs for each action given our advisors and personal stats for figuring out if we need omake bonuses etc.

Martial: 15+10=25
Stewardship: -1+15=14
Diplomacy: 16+25=41
Intrigue: 27 (assuming Abu always counts) +20=47
Learning: 10+30=40
Occult: 12+30=42
[Martial] Reinforce Borders Set up extra guard posts and increase patrols DC 30-25 = 5

[Stewardship] Expand housing district DC 15-14 = 1

[Diplomacy] Send Envoys to the (East/West/North/South)
-East: According to the maps you have the Hunnic States and the Silk Road lie in that direction. A good chance for profit! And to perhaps head off raids. DC (35/50/65/90)-41 = Autopass/9/24/49

[Intrigue] The Hills Have Eyes DC 50-47 = 3

[Learning] Once and Future Prince CD 35-10 (with 40 bonus from Chiron helping) = Autopass
-[Learning] Assign Chiron to assist a Hero
--Aladdin - Once and Future Prince

[Occult] Tomes, Trinkets and Treasures DC 65-42 = 23

[Personal] Correspond with Jasmine DC 1
[Personal] A Cover is not the Book DC 1/95
Out of the 'regular' actions Diplomacy is the 'hardest' with a ~50% chance of getting the best outcome while TTT still has a chance to outright fail. Cover could be cranked down to a DC 70 but I feel that this is an action where the DC for big payoff might get easier with each time we do it.

My understanding is that each DC corresponds with the direction. So DC 50 for West, DC 65 for North, and DC 90 for South.
Thing is there are several other actions with apparently tiered results:
- [][Martial] Have the hunters look for warbeasts specifically
The menagerie is impressive. The War Beasts inside of it even more so, but after seeing Genie Aladdin knows that as impressive as an armor-clad rhinoceros is, there are tougher and more dangerous things out there. See if the hunters of Ababwa can find some to add to the War Stable.
DC: 70/80/90/100
Cost: 1000 gold

- [][Intrigue] Plotting a Course
This talk of pirates is intriguing. Have Haroud send out his men to investigate the rumors of these corsairs and see how much is truth and how much is grog-induced fiction. Chance to make contact with one of the pirate crews.
DC: 80/130
Cost: 2000 Gold

- [][Learning] What's up Docs?
The doctors and scholars of the University are hailed as some of the best and brightest. Maybe see what they're working on as side projects? (Unlocks new Learning actions)
DC: 20/30/70/90
Cost: 0

- [][Personal] Bow Flex
Train with the bow. Aladdin feels at once familiar with a bow and like he's never really handled one in his life. Take some time to work on his archery skills and see how good he really is. Gain +1 Martial. Chance of gaining a trait.
DC: 1/95

- [][Personal] A Cover is not the Book
Look into knowledge pertaining to People - You've a cheap sort of charm to you, but that's not going to cut it forever, especially now that you're in the big leagues. Try and figure out how to talk in high society, maybe the Sultan or Jasmine can help? Gain +1 Diplomacy. Chance of gaining a trait.
DC: 1/95
For the personal actions, I had guessed that the trait gain chance was the second DC.

Ah yes.

My favorite Incarnation of the Persian Empire over the course of History.

My favourite has to be the Afsharid Empire. If the various Persian Empires throughout history were a succession of wise monarchs, then the Afsharid Empire is the crazed homeless man that sprinted into the room, bludgeoned the bystanders, and swiped the crown while screaming murderously for five straight minutes before getting dragged out by security.

It had only one effective ruler, who built the whole thing from nothing in his 49 years of life only for it to fall apart near-instantly after his death, yet managed to beat the shit out of the Ottomans and cram in a few hundred years' worth of wars and atrocities into the short time they had. Truly inspirational.

I had thought it was simply different rewards tiers for the same action. Sort of the idea where 35 is 'they aren't stabbing us', 50 is 'let's talk', 65 is 'let's trade' and 90 is 'you're awesome, can we join you?'.
My understanding is that each DC corresponds with the direction. So DC 50 for West, DC 65 for North, and DC 90 for South. I...could be wrong, though? @TempestK , care to weigh in?
@TirelessTraveler, @jwolfe_beta is correct here; when multiple DCs are shown for a vote that means that there are tiered successes tied to it.

DVV Classic Informational Links
Back