Plotbunny Instrumentality Project [NGE]

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Plotbunny Instrumentality Project

Gendō Ikari had contingency plans for several divergences...
1-1 Kappa-Nu Polynymy

grommile

nasty-minded old cynic
Pronouns
Traditional/Animate
Plotbunny Instrumentality Project

Gendō Ikari had contingency plans for several divergences from the Scenario. None of them provided for the committee of the Human Instrumentality Project being replaced with teenagers from the uncanny valley.

Disclaimer
: Neon Genesis Evangelion and its plot, characters, and setting belong to GAINAX.

1-1: Kappa-Nu Polynymy

The table did not exist. It was an elaborate fiction which Lorenz Kiel's visual design team had sunk countless hours and an altogether unreasonable number of polygons into realizing. Twelve numbered monoliths hovered in the unreal air around it, looming ominously over Commander Gendō Ikari and his deputy, Kōzō Fuyutsuki.

One by one, the monoliths were replaced by smiling, grey-haired teenagers with red eyes. Ikari's eyebrows quirked up past the frames of his orange-tinted spectacles, and Fuyutsuki patted a pocket to make sure his heart medication was where it belonged.

"Good afternoon, Commander Ikari," said the boy who had replaced SEELE 01. "Have you been keeping well?"

Ikari surveyed the grey-haired youths, marking the differences between them. Aside from the constants of their uncanny pigmentation and slender build, no two of them looked the same. "Who are you," he asked, "and what have you done with the Committee?"

"I call myself Karl Nägeli," replied SEELE 01's replacement. "Former Chairman Kiel is currently acquainting himself with the interior of a secure hospital near Augsburg."

"I... see." Ikari shifted his foot under the desk, reaching for the 'disconnect' switch. "This is a divergence from the planned scenario."

Karl shrugged. "We disliked the terms of the scenarios on offer, and chose to pursue our own. Shall I let you reassess your plans, Commander?"

"Yes," said Ikari, pressing the switch with his foot. The table and the grey-haired youths vanished, leaving Ikari and Fuyutsuki alone in a dimly lit room.

Fuyutsuki was first to break the silence. "If that boy is what I think he is, why are we still alive?"

On closer examination, half my plotbunnies seem to have developed myxomatosis or tularemia.

Nevertheless, I shall try to get you one thousand words before 2016-08-09T22:00Z. Apologies for the delay.

Back