Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Transparent

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Invisible

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Plausbius

Morb, morb against the dying of the light.
Pronouns
Any
So, if you were a sentient shrub, then what kinds of natural (and unnatural) enemies would you have that would try to destroy or otherwise ruin your happy existence as a plant?

So far I have a few ideas:
- Herbicidal Maniacs
  • (Insane) Gardening Tools
  • Careless Smokers
  • Birds
  • Trash Dumpers
  • Biologists
  • Desertification
  • Erosion of Soil
  • Lumberjacks and Logging Companies
  • Certain Insects
  • Too much water
  • Plant Breeders/Selective Breeding
  • Lawnmowers
  • Arsonists
  • Magicians trying to get ingredients from you
  • (The magician is actually a bunch of "wizards" preparing "spells" to "smoke" and "levitate" for a long period of time. They mentioned something about a burning bush and brownies.)

Feel free to critique anything I write, and give suggestions as to the types of foes and challenges a sentient plant would face!

Stuff like locations, weather, living creatures etc. Could be magical creatures? Who knows. I'm mostly gonna be looking at a mundane-ish (ignore the Magician please) world.

Maybe I'll even make a quest if I'm lucky and the Dice Gods roll in my favor.

Have you considered vegetarians?:p (And herbivores in general. )

Other than eating related problems, you have parasitic plants and mushrooms who would try to leech your nutrients.

Other plants that you would compete with for resources like sunlight, soil and other things.

Various diseases and viruses.

Zombies.:drevil:

Last edited:
Have you considered vegetarians?:p (And herbivores in general. )

Other than eating related problems, you have parasitic plants and mushrooms who would try to leech your nutrients.

Other plants that you would compete with for resources like sunlight, soil and other things.

Various diseases and viruses.
Ah right, the Herbal Vores and Vegetable Terrarians. Or their transcendent forms, the Vegants, who possess the powers that eating sentient plants untainted by the consumed life energy of other beings would give any creature.

The other parasites and fungi are a good one, would they just infect the plant itself like diseases and viruses, or just compete like other plants?
I can see a big cellulose-y tree eating up all the nutrients. Hog.
Ah, the Copyright Strike, one of the most powerful force in existence to authors.

The other parasites and fungi are a good one, would they just infect the plant itself like diseases and viruses, or just compete like other plants?
I can see a big cellulose-y tree eating up all the nutrients. Hog.
The first one. Check these out for ideas:
Parasitic plant - Wikipedia
5 Awesome Parasitic Plants
Fungal parasites of plants
Top 5 parasitic plants

You could also have symbiotic plants/creatures that have positive effects. Maybe an animal that increases local nutrients in return for tasty fruit? Or something.

Check these out:
What Is a Symbiotic Relationship?
Symbiosis | Trees for Life

Last edited:
Back