Picture Posting Place

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

I'm mostly lurking on user fiction whenever I entered SV. But now I'm making this image thread...

XQF

Substandard Humanoid Avatar
I'm mostly lurking on user fiction whenever I entered SV. But now I'm making this image thread to place my drawing.

The tags said pen and paper, but I always used pencils since a long time ago. Pencil art might get smudged, but at least it won't change color or bleed through the paper after it's been left for too long on my slightly damp and humid house.

I'll crosspost and move all I've made from my lonely and barely known thread on Novel Update Forum before putting in a new drawing.

Crossposted Images, November 4th, 2019
67839. I guess I'm not lucky enough to get a good number today. sigh.

I had habit saving images and webpages whenever I browsed the internet, you see. And avatar redraw is something that started when I found a good image among small images that popped up when I searched for a file inside my computer.

As for novel cover redraw, that's from a novel cover I downloaded from Novel Updates whenever I looked for new things to read.

I have no idea that this novel was using an image of Kanna Kamui from Kobayashi dragon maid as a cover until after I happen upon the image on Google.

Crossposted Images, December 6th, 2019 to January 10th, 2020
Random Picture Redraw is Images that were not someone's Avatar nor a Novel Cover. Just a random interesting picture. Manga Cover and Manga Scene is what it said on the label.

Looking at the clothes' style and the fur hat, this must be a picture of someone's grandpa.

"I'm going to squint at you until you behave"

I don't remember what is the novel's title. it's just a string of symbols, random letters, and numbers.

I used this as my phone's wallpaper for months.

Anime nun just has that kind of allure that was hard to speak of. Real-world nun? not interested whatsoever.

I didn't remember where I downloaded this from. I only remembered that it was a forum story thread image.

I was trying to make a submission on threadless about wild wild west design competition, and this was one of the image references. my internet was slower than a lazy turtle, so I only get a small image instead of a big one.

I remember a time where I made a winking picture look really off.

I haven't read this novel. I made a mistake in reading the review first instead of plunging in after reading the synopsis

Crossposted Images, January 12th, 2019 to January 25th, 2020
Free Draw is just that, drawing freely from the image I saw in my Imagination. Almost done Crossposting.

This was from some manga scanlation credit page.
I don't remember what's the manga's title, and I also don't know what was the real source of the picture.
I am not too happy with the end result, but whatever.

Some Avatar I found. it looked like the original image source of the avatar was something lewd.

the left side looked wonky, but my eraser was nearing the end of its usability so I didn't erase and correct this image.

Trying to make the main character for one of my stories.
It's kind of hard to draw and duplicate the result of something I draw randomly. there was always something that felt missing

I was randomly drawing when I was bored, and it became this. It might become a minor character in my own story, or it might not.

I was inspired by the costume of the AU! japan catgirl on Dungeon Meshi after she was accepted into the group, so I made a traveling girl attire. it looked pretty.

This was concept art for not-yet-written zombie apocalypse female supporting characters. maybe female lead?

The one on the left is someone who will be told of by a blunt and rude people with something like: "you look hot if you weren't fat". that was where the direction of the yet-to-be-made story. She would be bitten and left for dead because she's fat and slow. And then she survived and those who left her would be having green intestines from regret, losing their chance of having an eye candy teammate.

It sounded so shallow that I decided to put the story on hold until one day in the future.

The one on the right is a square-ish jawed half-blooded Asian. not exactly square though, its kind of just flared or wide-angled. she also likes wearing eyeshadows.

A non-human male character. not sure what.

It's an Elven Princess. not sure I remember what I draw it and inspired from.

I was going to make a sticker based on fantasy classes. this was the healer. the stickers... are scrapped.

Crossposted Images, January 25th, 2019 to January 26th, 2020
Last one before a new entry.

Sexy Rebel Girl.

Same with the healer in the above post. but this was imitating and redrawing based on someone's art. I couldn't find the original, but it exists.

This is the concept art for the female Overseer who oversaw the familiar summoning ceremony from my story "I Didn't Choose summon Life."

I think this was from HunterXHunter? I am not sure.

Free Draw x2, June 08th, 2020

I was intending to make something like bass relief illustration or whatever its correct and proper name; using the cross-hatching technique, to make a store banner for my Zazzle store. I couldn't turn it into a satisfactory result. My color scheme picking was shit. I could make awesome pencil drawings, but when I tried to color it, it always turned into something hideous.

This is my attempted entry into one of the Threadless weekly contests, making an anime-style drawing using the style variation of Abe Youichi, the guy who made Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko (Blood Diver Ringo and the Gold Fish Bowl Man). It's a strange and surreal manga, but very fascinating and artsy.

I think it would make a better shelf decoration than mainstream manga like Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece.

Last edited:
Avi Redraw x2, June 10th, 2020
I drew Avi 8 to 11 at the same timeframe. Because the source of no 9 is very small - somewhere under 96 px, I had to improvise. And then I thought, 'Why should I redraw and keep it the same with the source?'

And then I drew it according to the basic framework, but change it into the shape that I want. That's why the files of Avi Redraw 10 and 11 are so different from its original source.

I was intending to make something like bass relief illustration or whatever its correct and proper name; using the cross-hatching technique, to make a store banner for my Zazzle store. I couldn't turn it into a satisfactory result. My color scheme picking was shit. I could make awesome pencil drawings, but when I tried to color it, it always turned into something hideous.
It reminded me of an old set of tarot cards. And when you mentioned the problem with coloring it, I thought of how only specific parts of the cards were colored so as to guide the eye / provide contrast; in this case I imagine coloring just the crown and sword, or maybe the hair, or keep the entire picture in black and white but adding a colored rectangular border (a simple knotwork, or just a rectangle inside a rectangle?) around it, or some combo thereof.

Thankyou for posting all of these and thankyou to whoever gilded your OP.

Last edited:
Free Draw x2, June 14th, 2020
No time to do a new drawing so I just scour old scans to chase the deadline.

All my drawings always featured women with hairstyle that covered the forehead. I'm trying to do no bangs drawing

This is the concept art for the old Overseer who oversaw the familiar summoning ceremony from my story "I Didn't Choose summon Life." I'm not sure whether I had uploaded this somewhere or not, but I'll just upload it again.

Avatar Redraw x3, Free Draw x1, June 18th, 2020
I should have posted at 16 June, but I was busy and I forgot. I was planning on an uninterrupted posting every even-numbered days of the month, but well...

I think this was not based on the real photos taken using cameras, but 3d arts. I didn't quite remember.

I think this was a fail. maybe I should've googled the source image before redrawing it.

Free Draw x1, Random Picture Redraw x1, June 22th, 2020
Just a little bit more and I will finish preparing to change my avatars, this threads first post, and drawing all the necessary things for both.

Free Draw x2, Picture Posting Place First Post Image V 1, June 24, 2020
I thought I would finish everything by 24 June, but it turned out that it wasn't so. I was busy and I was going to move, so I could only finish half of what I intended to do.

The 'Picture Posting Place First Post Image' was how the result of the picture if I really accept a commission. (it actually wasn't done, there should be a background but I was still busy so it'll make do as an example).

I wanted the workflow to be something like this:

1. The client would post on this thread, he would indicate that he was willing to order one tier of drawing, posting an image of what he wanted. This part is important.
And then the client would - put the request in the same post as the image - either: A. ask for the picture to be drawn in another style, b. ask for a drawing, something like the picture but different ('make the hair longer/shorter' or 'change the pose' or 'same face and hairstyle but different clothing', etc) C. ask me a freestyle drawing that was inspired by the image he posted.

2. I would post the result as something raw like the one inside 'Free Draw 21' spoiler

3. The Client would pay through my Paypal

4. I would send the end result (full res) through the Gmail and put the commission's thumbnail on this thread to mark it as finished.

This was what I imagine a good and satisfying workflow (for both me and the client) would be.

Okay, this was something that I should've posted a couple of hours ago, but I was busy so...

This is the end product 'IF' I accept a commission.

First I clean up the line art, then I put it inside photoshop and edit it using 'cut out' filter. From something that looked like the one inside 'Free Draw 21' spoiler to be something artsy like this.

As of now, I still wasn't sure of how to price my arts here, and how to separate the art's tier. At first, I wanted to separate it by tier 1 simplistic 2 normal 3 meticulous, but what if the client wants a picture with the art style a la PowerPuff Girls or Hellboy?

And then I got the idea of separating it by size tier-one under 2000 px, tier 2 under 4000 px... but my computer was shit, the biggest drawing I could edit using gimp was only under 5000 (and it froze after I add a couple of layers).

Well, anyway, I still haven't established what it was going to be, and how long should the client wait for the picture. Because I'm telling you guys, everything was according to my mood.

If I had no mood, I wouldn't want to do anything.

Oh yeah, the guy who gave me a star, come out and make a post (base picture + request), I'll try to draw things for you as a warm-up and see whether this kind of workflow (as in what I wrote above) was plausible or not.

Come out and post quickly, I'll give you a free drawing.

Last edited:
Back