At which point should I start work on the Story only thread? After...

• The High Priestess

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Empress and The Emperor

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • The Hierophant and The Lovers

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • The Chariot and The Justice

• The Hermit

• The Strength and The Wheel of Fortune

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The Hanged Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December/02/09

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • December/31/09

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • January/31/10

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Talk
April/17/09
Afternoon​

You go up the stairs with an offering of fried tofu in hands. Tennouji didn't make any comments, but he gave you a meaningful and somewhat menacing look. He doesn't want you getting into trouble anytime soon…or at all, so you didn't comment on it.

Like always, you go through the same motions. Wash your hands at the chōzuya, make your way to the Inari Sushi and leave the plate there.

"I wonder…why do you insist on coming here? Surely you have better things to do than come here"

Before you even get the chance to clap, you turn to face Takako, who is wearing the same kimono as last time.

She simply shakes her head and moves past you, grabbing the plate and taking a pair of chopsticks out one of her sleeves.
You feel a bit frustrated at her, but if your suspicions are correct, she's well within her rights to do that.

She focuses on the fried tofu and the fried tofu alone, ignoring you completely. She skillfully grabs the tofu with her chopsticks whilst walking towards the bench where you both sat last time. Without waiting for her to say anything, you follow her.

Once you two sit, you focus on her face.
While she wears a small smile and seems to be enjoying the tofu, you can't help but think it seems a bit forced.

If you had to put it into words, you'd say that she is…well, maybe you hit the nail in the heat with the last sentence; she is wearing that smile, just like someone could wear a mask. It doesn't have even the slightest bit of warmth to it.

Once finished, she turns her head in the direction of the Inari.

"That is just a statue" she says "An empty idol made of stone"

Shaking her head she hands over the plate.

"I am not the Inari, if that is what you thought" she looks at you with a small glare "It is wasteful to just leave food out to rot, so I took it and ate it"

"That seems disrespectful to me" you speak your mind bluntly.

"Gods, no matter how grand or minor, can't live on empty prayers" she states matter-of-factly "If you don't give your heart to them when you do so, you might as well not bother"

The worst thing is that what she's implying isn't that far off. You don't give the offerings because you worship the Inari, or any Kami for that matter; it's just an old habit. You know that and so does she.

"So you'd rather I didn't bring any tofu?" you ask, trying to soften the atmosphere "You seem to like it"

At this one of her eyebrows rises. You simply shrug in response.
She places her fingers on her forehead and shakes her head with her eyes closed as she sighs.

"By the way…about last time?" you segue into the topic when you see that levity was only annoying her. However, she instantly looks away from you.

"Did you say something?" you ask when you think you hear some words.

"I said 'Forget about it!' " she yells, turning to face you. She's blushing pretty bad "I know that was completely inappropriate! I shouldn't have drank so much and started acting like some hussy! Much less after I invited you into my home! I know all that, so don't even mention it!"

+===============+​

-[] "Hey, don't worry about it! I would have tried drinking myself into a coma too if I had been in your shoes. You have a lot of stuff to worry about, so I don't blame you for it." (Placate)

-[] "Hmm…you do know I didn't dislike it, right?" (Tease)

-[] "Look, I didn't bring it up because it wasn't appropriate. You can't do this to yourself. Drinking so much will just hurt you judgement and your liver in the long run. You have to pull yourself together Nasu" (Reprimand)

[] "...I wasn't talking about that. It's true that it wasn't ok and you made me feel more than a little bit uncomfortable, but we can put that behind us. I'm more worried about what you'll do about 'the game' between those two" (Sidetrack)

Last edited:
-[X] "Hey, don't worry about it! I would have tried drinking myself into a coma too if I had been in your shoes. You have a lot of stuff to worry about, so I don't blame you for it." (Placate)

-[] "Hey, don't worry about it! I would have tried drinking myself into a coma too if I had been in your shoes. You have a lot of stuff to worry about, so I don't blame you for it." (Placate)

Anyone have any thoughts on what to vote on? Im in hurry atm so icant think this through quite yet.

-[X] "Hmm…you do know I didn't dislike it, right?" (Tease)

Let's try to bring back a bit of pre-Magician Reo.

The loose reminder system of P5 worked well as that. You could use the boss shadow arrival dates or stuff like that.

I like this idea. It isn't like most of us remember all of the dates of the bosses off hand. A full moon tracker like the ones ingame would be best for this.

My lord… these all feel like good options, which my quest experience tells me means that this is a trap. Still, even if it is I can't resist:

-[X] "Hmm…you do know I didn't dislike it, right?" (Tease)

If this goes wrong I'm going to be so pissed at me.

Looks like votes are closed, but for the record, I would have supported
[] "...I wasn't talking about that. It's true that it wasn't ok and you made me feel more than a little bit uncomfortable, but we can put that behind us. I'm more worried about what you'll do about 'the game' between those two" (Sidetrack)
, as encouraging her seems counterproductive but reprimanding seems doubly so. Placating, with her personality, seems like it might easily antagonize her, and I don't see any long-term benefit if it did work. If we want this relationship to be functional we need her to be a partner in crime -- neither Reo nor she would be satisfied if it were for the sake of the Social Link. That said, what got voted in is probably the second most likely to manage that, so I'll look forward to seeing how it goes.

HA HA HA! I FINISHED MY EXAMS! I LIVE! I WRITE I AM!

EDIT: I ALSO STARTED PLAYING FIRE EMBLEM HEROES! I GOT 3 FOUR STAR CHARACTERS IN MY FIRST GACHA! AND I JUST GOT 5 STAR LEO! THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED! STAAAAAAAARS!

Last edited:
HA HA HA! I FINISHED MY EXAMS! I LIVE! I WRITE I AM!

CONGRATS! NOW DO IT AGAIN IN A FEW MONTHS UNTIL YOU HAVE MET YOUR REQUIRMENTS!!!

EDIT: I ALSO STARTED PLAYING FIRE EMBLEM HEROES! I GOT 3 FOUR STAR CHARACTERS IN MY FIRST GACHA! AND I JUST GOT 5 STAR LEO! THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED! STAAAAAAAARS!

I'VE SEEN NUTTIER LUCK, BUT THAT IS STILL VERY LUCKY. CONGRATULATIONS!

ALSO, IF YOU GET A UNIT WITH CLOSE/DISTANT COUNTER OR A WEAPON THAT CAN COUNTER FROM ANY RANGE, USE THEM. THEY'RE ALL GOOD, ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR COUNTER ABILITIES. ALSO, YOU WILL ENCOUNTER AWAKENING SPOILERS, IN CASE YOU ARE STILL DOING THE WHOLE BLIND LP THING.

Fire Emblem Heroes and not, say Fate Grand Order? Surprised here.
Sadly, I can't play it. I consulted the typemoon general thread to see if I could get some help but nothing worked.

Was the phone Unrooted? Yes, since I never rooted it in the first place.
Emulator on ver 1.0.0? Nope.

It really pissed me off that nothing worked. Not only because of muh waifu, but because the Beast buissness is a pretty big deal and I want to see it with my own eyes dammit!:mad:

I got FE Heroes instead. Pretty satisfied all the same.

CONGRATS! NOW DO IT AGAIN IN A FEW MONTHS UNTIL YOU HAVE MET YOUR REQUIRMENTS!!!

I'VE SEEN NUTTIER LUCK, BUT THAT IS STILL VERY LUCKY. CONGRATULATIONS!

ALSO, IF YOU GET A UNIT WITH CLOSE/DISTANT COUNTER OR A WEAPON THAT CAN COUNTER FROM ANY RANGE, USE THEM. THEY'RE ALL GOOD, ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR COUNTER ABILITIES. ALSO, YOU WILL ENCOUNTER AWAKENING SPOILERS, IN CASE YOU ARE STILL DOING THE WHOLE BLIND LP THING.

Yeah...I gave up on the LP since my 3ds's screen broke. Long story.

That aside, it's fun that you mention the any counters...one of the 4 stars that I mentioned was Nowi, who has exactly that!

The other was Fem!Corrin, who can inflict ATK/SPD -5 AND has Seal Res 2...

And I also got my favorite FE character despite not playing any FE games all the way to the end and who shall remain so regardless of who I see next.
2nd BEST GIRL!
Seriously! She's a fucking BEAST! Even when matched against axe users they can't put a dent on her. On top of that she has monstrous attack that kills pretty much anyone in a single hit!

In any case, the only complaint I have with the game so far is that I have no healers.
I mean, yesterday I got Setsuna, who is also pretty STRONK, but she has Reciprocal Aid, which is pretty damn useless if you ask me.

Last edited:
Sadly, I can't play it. I consulted the typemoon general thread to see if I could get some help but nothing worked.

Ouch. Sorry about that. I'm playing right now, and it's alright. The gameplay isn't bad, but like everyone else says, the plot is the biggest pull. At least look up some of the summaries, so you can catch up on the beast stuff. It is awesome.

Yeah...I gave up on the LP since my 3ds's screen broke. Long story.

Noooooo! :cry: I was looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

That aside, it's fun that you mention the any counters...one of the 4 stars that I mentioned was Nowi, who has exactly that!

The other was Fem!Corrin, who can inflict ATK/SPD -5 AND has Seal Res 2...

Funny, I got them both myself. Fem!Corrin was my first manakete (Male!Corrin, meanwhile, was my first 5* pull) and Nowi has become a staple of my team due to her bulk and counter attack. Honestly, I like them both, but Nowi is definitely stronger. If you can get vantage on her, then good god...

And I also got my favorite FE character despite not playing any FE games all the way to the end and who shall remain so regardless of who I see next.
2nd BEST GIRL!
Seriously! She's a fucking BEAST! Even when matched against axe users they can't put a dent on her. On top of that she has monstrous attack that kills pretty much anyone in a single hit!

In any case, the only complaint I have with the game so far is that I have no healers.
I mean, yesterday I got Setsuna, who is also pretty STRONK, but she has Reciprocal Aid, which is pretty damn useless if you ask me.

SWEET NAGA SUPLEXING ASHERAYUNE OVER THE GRAVE OF LOPTYR WHILE DUMA AND FORMORTIIS HAVE AN ARM WRESTLING CONTEST NEXT DOOR!!!

Sorry, but seriously, you might have EX-luck in FE Heroes. Keep playing that. I have a feeling that you're going to run a gambit of OP units in the future. Don't spook him Jedah, don't spook him, Manfory, don't spook him Oro, don't spook him Kenneth, don't spook him Riev, don't spook him Bengion senate, don't spook him Validar...

*sigh*

You know, I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't want to let this story die, and yet I haven't updated it in a long while.

Not for lack of trying, mind you. I've been desperate to get the next update out, but whenever I try, either the words won't come out or they are not the right ones. I even decided to impose some penalties on me if I didn't write and asked my brother to enforce them, which he did enough times for me to realize the tactic wasn't working.

I am sick of not taking the story anywhere right now. Real sick of that. I'm also sick of the frequency of my own "I won't let this story die" rants, to be honest.

I also wonder if most of those who participated are still watching. Still interested despite everything.

I'm rambling. I'll get to the point now.

I can't get the creative juices flowing and it's pissing me off. For that reason, I'll start working on the Re-write/Story Only Thread I mentioned, ignoring the thread poll.

Revising and re-writing things is far easier than making them from scratch, at least for me. So I just know I won't get stuck there.

Apologies. I tried my best to avoid this.

EDIT: Link to the Thread.

I would like you to voice your opinions regarding the way I handle things. It would be highly apreciated.

Last edited:
You take your time Oldman. Writer's block sucks. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we can wait until you aren't stuck. And in the meantime, the story only thread should bring in some fresh interest and hopefully help get those creative juices flowing. And if not, well, it'll still be nice to read the edited version.

Like Nidhogg said, take time with the re-write thread and wait for the creative juices to flow again.

Most of the votes were cast while this was an active thread. The situation is entirely different if you're blocked and this is what it takes to get you writing again. Best of luck and I'm looking forward to the rewrite.
-the one vote for January 2010

Back