Need help with building some space gods called Cosmics

Muhkat Lomorki

Draconic Sorcerer
So, some time ago, I came up with the idea to create a species that acted as giant space dieties. I gave them the name Cosmics, which works pretty well considering things. While I have been thinking a bit about them for a while, I've decided now to workshop this with other forum members and see what they think would work well and not work well.

For a start, I've stitched together a loose framework of their average "stats" based on scaling human characteristics like weight to the size of these beings(which I came to the conclusion of as "5 Earth's tall"), with the assumption that they would be approximations and not set in stone.

Here are the "stats" I came up with:
Height: 5 Earths
Mass: 23,339,040,760 metric tons
Dash Speed: 38% of the speed of light
Charging Force: 636,079 Megatons

I also have decided to give them some powers, as one is opt to do, such as telepathic communication, faster than light senses, and the ability to alter their mass and volume, as well as, of course, breathing in space, a power that makes sense, regarding things.

I also drew some art of these guys, as well as a size chart with their opponent, who I've decided to call Outsiders due to their nature as being from "Outside" the universe. I know, these names are pretty generic and such but as far as I'm concerned, they work.

I should also note that the proportions are not great and there are some errors. Hopefully, they'll still be good enough to give you an idea for what I was going for.

Anyway, the drawings!

Anyway, anyone have anything to offer?

Last edited:
Well, my first thought is that once you have someone's height measured in planets, then they simply wouldn't be breathing in space... because they shouldn't need to. A creature that appears that big simply wouldn't have a biology remotely similar to a humanoid being. They're more likely to be like giant spaceships or robots.

So, my thinking would be that the humanoid appearances of these things would be more like Avatars than their real body. Their 'real' body could be more like a giant crystal, a huge cybernetic spaceship, or an enormous planet-sized battlestation. Something more along the lines of the Reapers from Mass Effect, the Traveler from Destiny, or maybe a giant Gem from Steven Universe.

The Cosmics could be giant incomprehensible things from outside our universe. Astronomers looking out through their telescopes might detect giant things that look like sapient stars or suns, massive crystals the size of Neptune, incomprehensibly massive things that look like starfish covered in gold or ribbons of plasma, etc.

Each Cosmic could be massive and fly around through the universe like a giant space object, but if they want to communicate with people they project their Avatars for their target to see. Said communications could take place through technology, psychically broadcast into the target's mind, or have a holographic image of their Avatar appear in a room, or simply conjure up a multi-planet sized hologram to loom over their audience as needed.

A Cosmic might even decide to sleep for a few millinia, silently dreaming to itself or perhaps it's ,mind is performing some incomprehensible task. In that case, it's physical body could be floating through space, either in orbit around a star or simply drifting through the interstellar or intergalactic void. A ship might encounter this strange thing, land on it, and be understandably shocked when the learn they've landed on top of a gigantic space god.

There could be some debate among scientists or official on just how 'Godlike' the Cosmic might truly be... but there's simply no denying that they are absurdly powerful entities.

Well, my first thought is that once you have someone's height measured in planets, then they simply wouldn't be breathing in space... because they shouldn't need to. A creature that appears that big simply wouldn't have a biology remotely similar to a humanoid being. They're more likely to be like giant spaceships or robots.

So, my thinking would be that the humanoid appearances of these things would be more like Avatars than their real body. Their 'real' body could be more like a giant crystal, a huge cybernetic spaceship, or an enormous planet-sized battlestation. Something more along the lines of the Reapers from Mass Effect, the Traveler from Destiny, or maybe a giant Gem from Steven Universe.

The Cosmics could be giant incomprehensible things from outside our universe. Astronomers looking out through their telescopes might detect giant things that look like sapient stars or suns, massive crystals the size of Neptune, incomprehensibly massive things that look like starfish covered in gold or ribbons of plasma, etc.

Each Cosmic could be massive and fly around through the universe like a giant space object, but if they want to communicate with people they project their Avatars for their target to see. Said communications could take place through technology, psychically broadcast into the target's mind, or have a holographic image of their Avatar appear in a room, or simply conjure up a multi-planet sized hologram to loom over their audience as needed.

A Cosmic might even decide to sleep for a few millinia, silently dreaming to itself or perhaps it's ,mind is performing some incomprehensible task. In that case, it's physical body could be floating through space, either in orbit around a star or simply drifting through the interstellar or intergalactic void. A ship might encounter this strange thing, land on it, and be understandably shocked when the learn they've landed on top of a gigantic space god.

There could be some debate among scientists or official on just how 'Godlike' the Cosmic might truly be... but there's simply no denying that they are absurdly powerful entities.
While I get this, I generally think of Cosmics less as "eldritch abominations" and feel like they should humanoid. Also, why would they need armor for their avatar if it doesn't matter?

Not only that, but I'm aiming less for "sci-fi video game space gods" and more for "Comic space gods", albeit being much more akin to their mythological origins; petty, decadent beings that have great power. The Outsiders (aka giant planet devouring monsters from outside of the universe) are more in line with the whole "horrifying space monster" thing.

As for the "not breathing" thing, true.

Maybe humans perceive Cosmics as looking like colossal idealized humans but if the setting has any sentient non-humanoid aliens or AIs, they'd simultaneously perceive Cosmics as colossal idealized versions of their own species?

Giant space humanoids with medieval-ish armor just doesn't work for me as a concept. *sweatdrop* Now, maybe humanoid giants could work in a fantasy version of space which is filled with atmosphere and floating islands and flying wooden sailing ships and stuff...

Back