need help for a worm/gundam crossover

Valley of River

Photographer of the Valley of the River
a Worm/Unicorn Gundam crossover, a statement which here means that Earth-Bet will be subjected to a hopeful young newtype trying to, and succeeding at, unfucking it, while the cynical folks in charge are forced to see the mess they're making (looking at you, Cauldron).

after my last disastrous attempt at crossing over worm with a giant mecha show (what was I thinking!), I've decided to get some advice and help for my second go around. we're looking here at an au with no Emma betrayal, no locker, and a different trigger event. which isn't entirely a trigger event. Taylor 'triggers' when Annette has her crash, and instead of seeing the invasion of the spacewhales with super-dandruff, she has a hurt/comfort conversation about the nature of death and the human soul with a naked glowing woman (Marida Cruz strikes again!). in a green cloud-tunnel-thing. which is in space.

I'm still working on the details of Taylor's power, but she's going to be a newtype with either the power to summon mobile suits (particularly gundams), possibly piloted by the souls of their original pilots (in which she would unlock the summonables over time, starting with the Kshatriya), or she turns into the gundam in question, either human or full-size.

TL;DR, Taylor's powers are newtype-hax and gundams.

I'm still working on this idea, but I'm going to have some trouble getting things going so I'd like a bit of help with trying to avoid backing myself into a corner here.

why not Both? SD Gundam Forms of various types, for human scale interactions and normal day operations. Full sized gundams for when @#@ gets real and she needs anti-army levels of firepower.

kinda what I thought, too, except that Taylor turns into the gundam at 1/10 scale instead of SD, simply because SD's are kinda their own thing. Having put more thought into this one, I've been thinking of having taylor only turn into the unicorn, BUT she's also a trump that can (with a great deal of effort) give people she's close to (like close friends and family) a similar power, but with a different gundam form, sort of like animagus in Harry Potter.

as for a first chapter/trigger event, I've got the basic's hashed out, the real problem is gonna be the aftermath, since I'm planning on a technically (funeral homes are designed for discretion) public "trigger event". needless to say, things are gonna go off the rails pretty quick,so I mainly need help with the initial de-railing, plus planning out the powerset so that I don't make taylor TOO OP.

...What about going the other way?

Spacewhales show up and turn people into Parahumans during the UC era. Maybe replace the Newtype Business with Alien Space Magic, or have them synchronize weirdly, like, the psychic powers of the "Newtypes" are the next stage of the 20ish % of the population that are psychically capable of synchronizing with a Shard. So there's explicitly overlap in how they interact.

So you just transplant Brockton Bay into a Side, and go from there.

...What about going the other way?

Spacewhales show up and turn people into Parahumans during the UC era. Maybe replace the Newtype Business with Alien Space Magic, or have them synchronize weirdly, like, the psychic powers of the "Newtypes" are the next stage of the 20ish % of the population that are psychically capable of synchronizing with a Shard. So there's explicitly overlap in how they interact.

So you just transplant Brockton Bay into a Side, and go from there.

that's a good idea, but I've got no clue how well it would believably execute. space is a different setting from earth, with different rules. I could try it, but trying to make the two fit would result in something different from both, since fusions require planning things out VERY carefully to work.

this is quite a lovely plot bunny, BTW...

Well if worse comes to worst, they now have a quick and easy way to get rid of the blight that is the whole Bay area. quite like a hanging really. A drop and a sudden stop.

Back