my rants about my favorite series/verses

Pronouns
he/him
It's ranting time!

you know, there's certain things that I hate about my favorite series and that's what I don't like about Digimon(particularly first 2 seasons) and Pokemon anime as well our universe(last one may be too controversial to discussed here)

if any other universes has things I don't like about them, it aren't as much as my pet peeve about these universes and here's what I don't like about these Digimon and Pokemon installments:
  1. let's start with the first: Arukenimon and Mummymon being Digimon equivalent of Jessie, James, and Meowth wasn't only thing have in common between Digimon adventure 02 and current seasons of pokemon anime, the rest of Original Digidestined that aren't Takeru or Hikari are like Ash's friends(in terms of being those that demoted to extra)
  2. I also thinks 02 Younger Digidestined team being Current Seasons' Ash Ketchum himself splits into five man band, and both Hikari Yagami and Ash Ketchum utterly forget about their (supposed) psychic gifts badly(making both ultimate examples of fictional characters with Superpowers got nerfed into simple human beings). not to mention both Ash Ketchum and main characters of Digimon 2 are portrayed as anti-sues in their shows
  3. don't get started on both series' worldbuilding: both restricts Superpowered beings that exists in the world into their titular lifeforms, leaving Humans confined into weak and useless characters. granted other Digimon seasons doesn't make all Superpowered Beings there are Digimons(mostly from having Digitals, occasionally from giving humans superpowers). people also forget that Hikari have psychic powers(this was the reason 1st season of Digimon make her 6th ranger, same with Digimon tamers make Matrix DIgivolution only available on last story arcs, but this wasn't much of problem like what I ranted here. this was to make superpowered kids in mons series tolerable. but Digimon 2 make her one of main characters did nerfs her bit too far. same deal with Ash kept reused to have his Aura powers forgotten by everyone)
  4. I can't think about any other Anime(sque) medium that get these treatments with Digimon adventure(particularly it's sequels) and (current main) Pokemon anime, not even other mons series got these treatments: even Yugioh does give any of the kids Superpowers(this allows some people uses Yugioh(or/and any mon anime outside Digimon or Pokemon) as Pokemon and Digimon substitute in crossovers with stuff like Kingdom Hearts and Teen Titans(cartoon), notably mega-crossovers) occasionally at least. and other anime(sque) that got the same treatments with Digimon(mostly adventure sequels) and (current) Pokemon anime tend to be nothing but a mundane/grounded slice of life shows
  5. even when Yugioh humans with Superpowers are no more of a Metahuman than Batman or Ironman-type characters(in terms of having no Superpowers), albeit with magical weapons. it's tvtropes' fault to treats anyone (including even non-powered characters) with esoteric equipment as metahumans
  6. granted, one of the reason Digimon anime uses different universes for different seasons was: to (actively) have any Superpowered Beings that aren't titular mons without having these superpowered characters got branded "mary sues"
  7. (incoming controversy): current Pokemon anime retconning everything that's more powerful than normal person there into Pokemons(that's no more sapient than IRL feral animals) was like "all Superpower abilities, no matter how scientifically sound what they are and how to get them are (labeled) pseudoscience IRL"(even when not everyone thinks like this)
  8. more rants about this can be found here: another vent by masonicon on DeviantArt
no wonder I usually gone with giving canon characters additional Superpowers in even crossovers when I writing fanfics, not only this can be easier to balance than using (mary-sue) OCs. this can workaround something that can cripple crossovers involving any of my favorite series

granted, these are some of the reason I can't hate any Digimon seasons following first 2 ones(excluding tri) despite lack of my personal favorite characters there

Last edited:
Back