My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Season 6)

RogueIce

Noctis Æternæ
So, we don't have a thread for this? Well, by golly, I will start one then!

And what an episode to start it on! A musical episode, which is always special and really great. And the music in this episode...amazing. Simply amazing.

"Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again" - A good group song with a general choir. Pretty much "Winter Wrap Up" lite, though I like how each of the Mane Six got pretty good solo parts throughout.
"Say Goodbye to the Holiday" - a great villain song, and Kelly Sheridan does awesome with it.
"The Seeds of the Past" - Applejack singing is always great! And damn this song gets pretty emotional. Ashleigh Ball and Kelly Sheridan did an amazing job with this.
"Pinkie's Present" - A fun and enjoyable Pinkie Pie song, with a nice period feel for the Christmas Carol theme of the episode.
"Luna's Future" - OMG a Luna solo song?! I mean sure she got a big role in "You'll Play Your Part" but this is definitely her song in every way. And it is just as amazing as I ever thought it would be for a Luna song, more so even. Of note, she has a new singing voice in Aloma Steele, and I have to say she made an excellent debut performance!
"Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again (Reprise)" - A good reprise of the opening song, which is always a nice bookend.

Kelly Sheridan's voice acting and the general writing are really selling me on Starlight Glimmer as a part of the Mane Cast. I know this was pretty controversial at the end of last season, but with episodes like today I am fully sold on the concept. Her work throughout this episode as "Snowfall Frost" was really strong, and of course the clear parallels to Starlight's own character arc just makes it all the better. Yeah, yeah...I can accept Starlight Glimmer as a part of the new Mane Seven. She's kind of like a pony version for Equestria Girls' Sunset Shimmer...and I approve. Absolutely.

Back