Hijra death squads are going to live rent free in my head for a long time. Give them some firepower and equipment, and they could do some serious damage.

Absolutely fantastic. The initial assasination attempt on Rana may be the single best action sequence I've seen. the climax is also very good, though it lacks the shere desperation of the former. Somehow made on just 10 million dollars.

This movie rocks! It's got a plot straight out of a classic martial arts movie with action from The Raid or John Wick and a view of modern Indian politics that I'm sure the BJP just loves. No notes, 10/10, super glad that it finally got a theatrical release.

Film was very energetic, and the contrast of peaceful, well lit scenes usually associated with religion (both positive and negative) and dimly lit scenes of violence was a cool aesthetic, especially when the two blend in the final confrontation.

Had some of the slightly ethereal quality of The Green Knight while mostly being much more grounded. I enjoyed the aesthetic part more than the action, personally, but the action was generally well choreographed.

Last edited:
Back