moid art thread [occasionally posts but will probably post more since twitter is taking a fucking nose dive]

Moid Does Art (NOT FINAL ANYMORE)
I rarely post my art here.

If you want to follow my work, you can follow me at:

Ko-fi
Support Moiderah on Ko-fi.com!

Twitter
Moidblr (@MoidDoesArt) | Twitter

Tumblr

moiderahart.tumblr.com

Moid

They/It- Illustrator and Cartoonist

Cohost

cohost.org

!! BRAIN POISON !! on cohost

Commissions are OPEN

Here's my commission sheet:

forms.gle

Moid's Commission Sheet!

Thank you for your interest! Please fill in the form to clarify what you want, what idea you have for a commission, and whatever resources you need!

COMMISSION QUESTIONS:

Q) Why are your prices so high?

A) Food isn't free. If you can't afford it, just decline and I'll move on. Don't waste my time because guess what giving me grief takes time away from the commissions that I could be working on. Pull this shit and I'll fucking block you. I've spent long enough online that my patience is wafer thin.

Q) What's the turnaround?

A) 1-2 weeks. I like to work fast.

Q) What's the easiest way to reach you?

A) Discord or email. You can send me a DM on SV and that'll work, too.

Q) What's the best way to send you references?

A) Google drive.

Q) Is there anything to make the process go faster?

A) Make a shitty sketch in mspaint. I'm not joking; if you give me a visual declaration of how you want your commission to be composed it'll make things much, much easier and faster.

Q) You said you do NSFW?

A) Yes I do. Ask and I'll give you my NSFW sheet via email or discord.

Q) You hate capitalism, yet you run a business and demand payment. Curious, I am very intelligent.

A) I am going to shove you in a locker.

Last edited:
There's a lot of great variety on display here. It's always a treat when I get to see all these wonderful concepts you've got floating around in your head.

The riverbed will run red with the blood of the saints and the blood of the holy.
Aaaaaand the judges say:
Lorgar: 10/10. "Death, destruction, revolution and beauty all in one magnificently violent package. A wonder of the Dark Gods."
Angron: 8/10 "Needs to be less pink. But I can tell she'll fix that in a few minutes."
Fulgrim: 6/10 "Her armor is so... uninspired. Imperial. Now, if there was some brains and eye matter adorning it, we'd have a different story."
Abbadon: 9/10 "She's the kind to burn it all down and let the gods sort it out, through and through. Would gladly have her take the black."
Perturabo: 4/10 "Distinct lack of Big Guns is inefficient. Looks undisciplined as well."
Magnus: 4/10 "Oh look, another mindless berserker in a ton of armor. She probably got her degree from the School of Hard Knocks."
Mortarion: 8/10 "This daughter clearly has a mind set upon death, and is a woman of great willpower. Grandfather Nurgle approves."

You know I'm just incredibly fucking tired. I just lost a few more patrons and this is after months of trying to actually spread my work, get more social media presence, and actually gain a following.

I am fifty three pages into RSoF and I feel no closer to actually getting anywhere. Let alone an actual livable wage.

Real talk, should I just quit doing this? Should I just give up on art? It's feeling tempting.

This website is a fucking wasteland for actually trying to get a following and a fanbase. Art is kind of dead here.

So I'm thinking of just not posting anything here any more.

Real talk, should I just quit doing this? Should I just give up on art? It's feeling tempting.
I'll level with you: The old saying "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" is accurate... but that doesn't mean the basketballs are free.

If you're not making a livable wage on art and need to get a job, that's the sad facts of the matter. But if you really want to shift away from art for good, or at least until you've gotten financial stability, then there's no shame in putting down the brush. If you want to someday get a larger fanbase going, restart the pro artist gig? Then keep making stuff as a hobby. Well, probably commissions too, but I think you understand what I'm getting at.

I probably could say more about handling original storytelling as a business, but all I've learned is "Hey, get some other webcomic or relatively well-known Youtuber to talk about you, then people'll come!" Which is not helpful, since people like that get deluged in the same requests everyday and doesn't remotely handle things like, you know, money.

At the end of the day though... what do you want to do? Where do you see this leading in a few years? I can't in full honesty tell you what to pick, or make you choose. Only try to shed a bit of light on where some paths may lead with what little life experience I have.

I don't know what to say, I think most of what I could say would come off badly. I do know you've been trying for years to try and get noticed and make a living off your art and frustrated that neither of these have happened.

I personally don't think you should stop trying. I do follow your art and like it but I don't really ever have anything to say other than "I like it" so I refrain from speaking. I can't support your art at the moment simply because money couldn't be tighter lately, a bad excuse, I know.

I DO hope you continue making art and you finally get the recognition you deserve. It's not fair that you've been trying for so long and getting so little for it.

You know I'm just incredibly fucking tired. I just lost a few more patrons and this is after months of trying to actually spread my work, get more social media presence, and actually gain a following.

I am fifty three pages into RSoF and I feel no closer to actually getting anywhere. Let alone an actual livable wage.

This website is a fucking wasteland for actually trying to get a following and a fanbase. Art is kind of dead here.

So I'm thinking of just not posting anything here any more.
Shit. I'm at work and can't put everything I want in this answer.

A. This is the breaker point that I have personally experienced and heard of from my other art friends, and the answer I've continually heard from them is that the choice to continue is the most powerful things you can do as an artist. The former Art Director at League of Legends, Kienan Lafferty talks about it. The point of the climb where you question the journey is the point that pushing througj is most important.

B. Setting aside the decision to quit. Practical Pragmatism should be considered. I don't mean that in the 'well are your dreams really realistic' because fuck that, I mean in the 'what am I doing and could I be doing it better' way.

You need to eat. If freelancing isn't paying bills, then take a job that's steady enough to feed you. Desperation isn't strength, and it doesn't attract.

You're correct. SV is aweful for art networking. Even DA is aweful for art networking. Building audiences on platforms is hard already without the added weight of the 'quirks' in the system.

What is your social media spread? Are you networking in real life? I don't know how dire your situation is, but I can make some recommendations based off of what you want, what you have, and what I've heard from my teachers and frienda.

What is your social media spread? Are you networking in real life? I don't know how dire your situation is, but I can make some recommendations based off of what you want, what you have, and what I've heard from my teachers and frienda.
Instagram (This has by far resulted in the most engagement and there's actually growth here) - Tim Shirley (@moiderah) • Instagram photos and videos
Twitter - MoidArts (@MoidDoesArt) | Twitter
Tumblr - Moid's Art Blog

I have a facebook but facebook is a bad joke.

Networking in real life is kind of impossible right now; I'm stuck in Houston and Houston has very few people in my field. I've talked to potential help but there's like nothing here. It's a goddamn wasteland. Trying to apply to places in Dallas was better and I actually met people in my field up there.

Then the money ran out.

I'm stuck living with my family because I frankly can't afford to live on my own right now. I have very little money. Trying to apply to places usually results in zero results. I have a job but they don't offer the hours that I need to afford anything nor the money I need to survive.

A. This is the breaker point that I have personally experienced and heard of from my other art friends, and the answer I've continually heard from them is that the choice to continue is the most powerful things you can do as an artist. The former Art Director at League of Legends, Kienan Lafferty talks about it. The point of the climb where you question the journey is the point that pushing througj is most important.

I've also experienced this time and time again and it's coming more and more frequently.

Last edited:
I can't possibly imagine why that other drawing would be unsuitable for posting on SV.
I'm sure there is quite a tail there :V

SOULS OF THUNDER
Not the heroes Rokugan wants, but the heroes it deserves.

Featuring (clockwise from top left) @Havocfett as Hiruma Shenzi, @IcePickLobotomy as Kakita Yasu, @Cornuthaum as Isawa Kazuki, @shinaobi as Yoritomo Choulang, and yours truly as HIDA GONG.

(zoom in to see all the details)

I'm so glad that @Winged Knight was able to run this game and I can't wait for the final session, no matter what that brings.

Back