Make Japan Cute Again- Idol Jihen

JayF

The Idol Producer
Idol Jihen

For the game

For the anime

So, unlike the game, the Idols have yet to dominate Japan's Diet. The game itself is set after the old school politcians have been deposed, and the former Idol PM has said she's gonna retire, triggering a mass scramble to be the next PM from nine different Idol parties with 47 charas to choose from.

The anime itself is the story of the Heroine Party's rise to power, pitted against the Rougai government which forms the majority in the house.

Personally, I'd vote 1- for Idol Diet. Because the Rougai candidate is a jackass who heckled his opponent's events AND nearly deafened the audience. Asshole. Enjoy losing!

And for those familiar with JP politics, Junichiro Koizumi makes an appearance, and the raw version not obtained by Crunchyroll has a Donald Trump eye-catch.

Hoshino Natsuki's gonna make a giant Onigiri, and Thailand's gonna pay for it!

Last edited:
My reaction to Idol Jihen's first episode: Kill me. Just fucking kill me. A full 23min of "Just fucking kill me."

I mean, I like Idol animes and all but... god, this one was just bad. Fucking hell, it's somehow even more In Your Face than Wake Up, Girls! which is quite an achievement. The characterization is also just... bland. Performance and dialogue are just poorly written. It doesn't even the ridiculous seriousness of Keijo, or the hilarious parody factor of The Legend of Koizumi, nor does it have the Hilarious in Hindsight/apt reality factor of GATE's political segment (which literally featured Trump except-in-name for US President),

God, is this the price that we have to pay for more Genroku Rakugo and Little Witch Academia? I'm sorry, but dropped. Dropped but I will be following the news and reviews on this because I am morbidly curious on how bad will it get.

(That's not even the cringiest part of the episode, by the way)

Last edited:
Mai Fuchigami in another Idol Anime? (She was Karen Hojo in Idolmaster Cinderella Girls.)

Hmm... wonder if the fans will associate her more with idols or the military... (She got really famous after Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Girls und Panzer.)

Back