Let's Play Every Final Fantasy Game In Order Of Release [Now Playing: Final Fantasy Tactics]

Also, while this new magazine gives me the 'recipe' for an upgrade to Squall's revolver, I… Have no idea where the hell I'm supposed to find a Steep Pipe or Screws. I don't think any of these items has dropped yet and I haven't seen them in a store.

…come to think of it, "how the fuck do I upgrade weapons, I have the magazines but none of the crafting mats" is a frustration I distantly recall struggling with as a child playing this game. Huh.

Weapon upgrades are a bit of a scavenger hunt, and considering the many many many types of items, it can be a bit thankless if you're doing it blind. These magazines (should you find them) help out, but ten hours in, you might be looking at the upgrade screen going 'I need 2 steel pipes... but I only have one. And I have absolutely no clue where I got it'.

One thing to note about the 'crafting system' (which I'm going to use to refer to as the entire item/magic/ability complex) is that items are so rarely used for what they're allegedly for.

The pinwheel says it's made with three m-stone pieces, an item you probably have multiple copies of. It, technically, is classified as a crafting item, with no use in the menu.

But what it's really for is used to refine low-level spells. Almost Every GF ability to refine spells uses it to make their most basic standard spell, the thunder/blizzard/fire stuff, with magic stone being the next tier up. Its use as a crafting material is almost entirely pointless, because characters all start with their most basic weapon. But it's use to top off your magic stocks after spamming a bunch of spells is infinitely more useful.

Likewise, the steel pipes you're missing? There are items that teach GFs skills. In the steel pipe's case, it's summon magic damage +10%. A skill you might have noticed literally every GF you own can already learn for 40 AP, meaning it's actual use is extremely limited

Because it's actual value is upgrading weapons.

Every item has multiple uses, and the value of an item is probably not going to be apparent, and since GF's all have different refinement skills, you may not even be able to check what an item can do, and use it for something that is less useful because you haven't found that particular GF yet.

So there are items that are weapon crafting materials, there are items that teach GF's skills, items that you use with the Item command, items that are tied to a character's particular 'thing' (Like Quistis blue magic items), items that raise GF compatibility, and even items that are 'Miscellaneous' because they don't fit in any of those. And each item individually may or may not be refined by any GF skill into items or magic, and items that are created can then possibly be refined into other items or magic.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Omicron said:
Timber (bizarre town name btw)
Our point of contact with The Resistance:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts
Now the question is, was Cid expecting you to do that as soon as you pick it up but without the game mechanic of saving, or did he genuinely think that Squall and co were sufficiently mature to correctly identify that they'd fucking die if they used it as they are?
I mean, if he gives the evil Genie Lamp to an edgy teenager and go 'If you're a bad enough dude, this will give you even more power', Cid should know exactly what's going to happen.

I haven't played the game but...

GFs causing memory loss has already been mentioned multiple times, and I thought that Chekhov's Gun would be used later, but are they really using it almost immediately to give Squall a forgotten childhood friend?! A rich childhood friend with bodyguards?!

This really is a high school anime video game.

I don't think any of these items has dropped yet and I haven't seen them in a store.

…come to think of it, "how the fuck do I upgrade weapons, I have the magazines but none of the crafting mats" is a frustration I distantly recall struggling with as a child playing this game.

You can do it in Balamb. It's relatively easy, too, if you haven't found out how yet that means you haven't visited every building in town, so I suggest canvassing it properly until you find the right place before you go leave for Timber.

Incidentally, you might not have seen Steel Pipes and Screws yet, but you did mention getting M-Stone Pieces (and I think Fish Fins?) as drops, right? So, you know, maybe you just haven't met the right enemies yet.

In turn, we can draw Sleep and Silence spells from them, which could potentially be useful finds, depending on how viable status effects are in this game.

Well...

By junctioning status effect magic to Attack,

That. It's honestly the best implementation of status magic in Final Fantasy ever, and it works fine even against bosses - those are immune to most status, but very few are immune to all of them.

Okay. I'm just completely confused now. The girl in the OP, the girl whom Squall danced with at the party, and the girl we just saved from monsters who watched him in the infirmary might be one and the same, or they might be two different girls. I have no clue at this stage, and I don't think I'm supposed to be confused, I think this is just a matter of characters still lacking in defined facial features outside of FMV and no voice acting.

I mean, Anime Rules dictate that no two characters have the same hairdo; Selphie could be recognized from other students despite the uniform because of that. Just confront the hairdos and see if they correspond or not.

I feel like I remember Diablos being beatable pretty early on
Given the extensive discussion there's been of how easy the game is to break, of course Diablos can be obtained immediately. That said, he's far from unbeatable even at a normal power level; with proper strategy and a couple attempts (to learn his patterns and find out his weaknesses), Omicron could probably win with his current team, although it'd not be exactly easy. Still, it's doable; defeating X-ATMO92 is substantially harder.

Last edited:
Everything goes dark.

We fade to a sunless place of endless clouds under the dark.

And…

Gravi...ja??

so that's a thing.

I'm fascinated; you see, I'm vaguely aware of the plot of FF8 in very distant strokes- I believe I read a low level run LP or something at some point? But I recall like, basically no details, and little of the gameplay, I'm mostly blind here and sure as hell don't recall this thing.

But I am more broadly aware of general final fantasy things.

And spells typically go basic, -ra, -ga... and then -ja. (though there's been other variations on Extra High Level Magic and of course variable translations of spell names and such in general)

So this is, unless I'm forgetting something from a prior game, the first time of the use of what would at least eventually settle into fourth tier magic, right?

Or maybe it's just the usual inconsistent translation and this is just second or third tier, fuck if I know.

But it's fascinating to see, especially from something you can pop so early in the game... even if the warning and outcome imply you're not really supposed to, yet.

What the game wants me to think: Ooh a shooting star, is that a good sign or are these two star-crossed lovers or some such

What I actually thought: HOLY SHIT A LUNAR CRY IS STARTING, EVERYONE TAKE COVER

I feel like this is not a universe where shooting stars are thought of as auspicious.
…yeah, this is nostalgic. Not in a 'playing this game as a kid' way, in a 'I had a dorm room very much like this one' way. I thought the rooms they had previously were individual, just connected to a central space, but I guess not - this is a full room with a desk and a wardrobe and stuff. It's nice. You're moving up in the world, Squall.
Moving up in the world? A world-class, superpowered professional mercenary gets given a tiny prison-cell sized dorm room?

Last edited:
Selphie welcomes Squall back with… Let me just quote her.

Selphie: "Heeey! Lookin' good! Alright! Let's hit that PAAH-TAY!"

Honestly her enthusiasm is infectious. Well, to me, anyway. Squall isn't impressed.
Man, I love Selphie in all her enthusiastic second-tier player character glory. Like, I'm not expecting her to be nearly as important to the plot as Squall, but she's just a lovely bundle of energy to be around.
Oh my god.

He's literally this meme:

Squall, as someone who has been the kid standing in the corner watching people dance and thinking I'm above these trivialities, nobody thinks you're cool. C'mon. Relax a little.
Ahahaha oh man, never made that connection, but somehow it fits perfectly.

And as for "nobody thinks you're cool"... well, Blue Girl came up and wanted a dance, didn't she? Clearly at least one person is into the brooding loner archetype.
Oh, yeah, I guess I did agree with Selphie to take part in the Garden Festival committee. Her dialogue didn't seem different depending on my choice so I assumed the game wouldn't keep track of it, but I wonder if I accidentally stepped into some Consequences.
Game keeps so much track that I got an entirely different dialogue tree for this - I had initially refused with "I'll think about it" or whatever the option was back at the beginning of the game, so here Selphie once again went "please join" and I had the yes or no options.

Squall said yes this time, because I wanna torment him with festivities and Selphie energy.
Girl: "You're the best looking guy here. Dance with me?"

Credit to the animation team on this one: Squall is actually terrible at dancing. His GF bonding has granted him absolutely no shmoves (or perhaps the GFs aren't helping because he's now doing some 'GF bonding' of his own HO HO HO HO HO). He is awkward, needs the girl to constantly correct his footing, and actually bumps into other people. Honestly, after being such a dick all evening (and about to be even more of a dick), seeing Squall getting owned a little is satisfying.

However, he adapts very quickly (probably those enhanced SeeD reflexes). After he nearly storms off in embarrassment, the girl pulls him back again, makes him take a few steps, and he quickly starts moving much better, until he is twirling the girl around his arm like it was nothing. At the end of the dance, we move into a slow, the lights dim, and the fireworks explode; our two lovebirds look up. It's a really nice scene.
Alright, FFVII wasn't nearly as stuffed with AMVs as FFVIII has been, was it? Because I swear we're getting multiple cutscenes for every plot point.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, it's a nice development especially since the characters look more like actual people rather than deformed legos or off-brand claymations.
She is jealous.

Flirting with your student is one thing (a bad thing, to be clear! You shouldn't do it!) but then getting mad at your student for being interested in another girl is just - this is a fantastic level of insecurity and unhealthy teacher-student dynamics, that's incredible.

I get the impression that 'insecurity' is Quistis's defining issue, honestly. Like - Squall is just kind of aloof and a bit of an asshole to everyone, but here she says, "you can't stand being around me," like he hates her, when he's just uncomfortable with the flirting and otherwise no worse to her than he is to everyone. But I think Quistis is extremely rejection-sensitive and struggles with her self-image, and Squall not being responsive to her flirting makes her feel like he genuinely hates her.
Both of these two are just absolute bundles of issues, two prodigies of different types shoved in a room together with no idea how to deal with it.

Isn't Balamb Garden great?
Well, not much to do but go along with it. First, we get Squall changed back into his casual clothes, and then meet with Quistis on the way to the training center.
Fun fact, you can totally just run over in your uniform instead of changing, which results in Quistis telling you off and going "bro can't you even follow basic orders? Get your casuals."
In turn, we can draw Sleep and Silence spells from them, which could potentially be useful finds, depending on how viable status effects are in this game.
I'd say they can be decently useful? Some are better used as spells since you might not need them as often, but on the other hand things like shoving 100 Blind spells on an attacker means you have super easy blind rates on enemies, which absolutely cripples anything that lacks non-physical attacks. Even works on some bosses.
Killing it would only take 60 casts. Meanwhile, it deals 200-300 damage with every attack. So I'm going to be casting one Cure for each Blizzard I manage to sneak in.

Yeah, we're not doing this today. I elect to run away.
Too bad the game spoils you on it though.

When you meet Quistis in the corridor leading to the Training Center, she first asks Cloud if he has any experience fighting T-Rexaur.
Which means, if you haven't been, or have only been a little (because, for instance, each previous instance where you could have had Squall being alone and you didn't want to level him up ahead of the rest of the party's curve), then Quistis just spoils one of the game's funniest sneak attacks, where the surprise of seeing it for the first time is part of the fun. It's a bit of a shame…
You can actually totally run into T-Rexaur before this! While the training area is where it's specifically noted as a possible encounter, you can also rarely run into it in the forests around the Balamb continent. If you do so before the Fire Cavern with Quistis in the party, she'll even go "holy shit we should run don't fight that".

Anyways I responded by killing the shit out of it when I found one out there, Because I Could.
Speaking of statuses, oh hey what if you... you know, put T-Rexaur to sleep with the sleep spells you just sucked out of Grats? :V
So what's Quistis's advice on defeating T-Rexaur? "Junction Sleep to physical attacks." Which… Actually sounds like it would be effective? It would bounce T-Rexaur in a constant state of sleep and allow me to take a break between attacks to heal whenever I want. Intriguing.

Unfortunately in order to do that I need both the Junction Status Attacks ability and enough Sleep spells to make attacks have a decent chance at proccing it; just doing a few Draws to have like 20-30 Sleeps and junctioning them (on Quistis, since I have only one GF with the Junction Status Attacks ability for now, so only one character can equip it) doesn't get me a high enough chance of Sleep to stop T-Rexaur's onslaught at all.

The game is actively pushing me to Draw 100 of every spell I care to Junction, it's growing more and more obvious; even the Tutorial screens use 100s as their default example. The game wants me to Draw-farm. So… I guess I'll do that?
There are alternative methods of getting to 100 of your spells, and often methods that are more effective than "hold down the X button and take a nap while everyone gathers 100 copies of Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Cure". I recommend checking out the skills your GFs can learn a bit more, and maybe checking out the Tutorial sections on abilities (because holy shit the Tutorial tab explains basically everything in FFVIII, it's nuts).

As for things like sleeping the T-Rexaur... really, you can just cast the spell instead of junctioning it. Sure, 100 Sleeps on your sword for that 100% inflict rate (minus any resistance enemies might have) is nice, but if you don't have enough copies for a good inflict rate might as well cast spells like spells instead. Then you can just pummel the sleepy dino with Blizzard spells and Shiva.
This is yet another tutorial, the Status Junction tutorial. It's simple: By junctioning status effect magic to Attack, you can cause your attack to have a chance to deliver that status effect, while by junctioning a status effect to Defense, we gain a chance to ignore that effect, like with VII's Added Effect Materia. The way it works is that the number of stored cast influences the odds; having 100 Blinds junctioned to Defense grants a 100% chance to resist Blindness, while having 100 Sleeps junctioned to Attack grants a… 80% chance to inflict Sleep with physical attacks? I don't think it goes up to 100%, but this is a massive increase over VII's Added Materia which only gave a 20% chance to inflict the status. This could potentially make physical attacks incredibly powerful. Additionally, junctioning a multi-status magic will instead grant lower chances to inflict/resist all those magics; Esuna, for instance, when junctioned to Defense, grants a small chance to ignore every status effect.
I don't know if that's a tutorial issue or something, but double-checking with my save file status attack/defend junctions are generally just a straight "1 spell = 1% inflict/resist rate", at least for specific status spells.
Oh, my god, she's a child prodigy burnout. Fuck. The relatable levels are off the chart.

Yeah, I see it now. She's… God, she's bad at this. That's the painful thing: As much as "Quistis pulls a machine gun and blows up the spider mech" was an all-timer moment, as much as I enjoy her needling Squall and Seifer, I think her superiors are… right? She can't maintain the distance required between friend and student, whether that's actively flirting with Squall or trading barbs with Seifer, whom she hasn't been able to assert authority over.

And of course she hasn't! She's the same age as her oldest students. She graduated at 15 and immediately threw herself into instructor training, and instead of a TA-like position they shoved her into a teacher position and made her oversee active warfare. That was a bad use of a gifted student. Balamb Garden is to blame for this!
Wow, turn out child prodigies turned child soldiers and instructors aren't the greatest at all those roles realistically, who knew?
Our boy clearly has some issues of his own. Trauma of some kind? I don't know, but holy shit. "If you want someone to listen to you, go talk to a wall"? Like, Quistis's behavior has been highly inappropriate (although she's not even a teacher anymore), but she's helped him, fought with him, and her attempt to open up about her insecurities have him go "skill issue, fuck off."

Like… Man. Squall is starting to grate on my nerves a little. And I will admit: Part of it is definitely me running into Quistis at the tender age of like, nine and being profoundly changed forever and as a result being biased towards her side of this exchange even if my perspective on the whole 'bad teacher' thing has changed with age, but still.
Much like Quistis is one big bag of insecurity issues, Squall is a whole other bag of... Idunno at this point but probably "lost people he cares about" issues.

At the least, he certainly slots into the "brooding emo loner" stereotype people like to throw at him a lot better than Cloud ever did.

Now just imagine what FFVIII: Advent Children would do to Squall's character:V
…is that Blue Girl from the OP? I think it's her, but it's hard to tell - she would have a different dress than she did during the dance scene, but then Quistis and Squall also changed in the time between, and her hair is a shade lighter than it was then..? Okay, now I'm genuinely not sure if I'm supposed to recognize this as Blue Girl from the OP and the dance scene or if this is a wholly separate character.

You can make naturalistic models with detailed clothes in the PSX engine and still run into facial recognition issue, I suppose.
Yeah, can confirm I was also confused on these two characters when I was a kid.
Until and unless the game introduces multi-hit magic, we do not have omnispells in this game. We cannot toggle Fire to hit all opponents the way we could use in some older games, and we cannot pair Fire with an All Materia to do so either. Which means our offensive spells are single-target only. But, unlike in VI and VII, Summons do not hard hard caps on how many times they can be summoned during a given fight.

Which means summons have effectively taken the place of omnispells. Ifrit doesn't hit that hard all things considered, but he is our only way to cast a fire attack on all opponents. So that's an interesting niche for GFs to fulfill. Will it matter? Not sure.
Yup, there is in fact not an easy option to multi-target enemies or allies alike outside of GF casting. Heck, iirc the best multi-heal option for the party? Is actually items since there's a couple of potion variants that are things like "restore 1000 HP to the entire party", while even Curaga can't be multicast - you would first need your spellcaster buffed up with Double and willing to use extra spells.
So, two ranged fighters, one using a thrown disk, and another using just straight up guns. Interesting! The game hasn't yet established range rules, I don't think? I wonder what's the mechanical impact here, I don't remember seeing a situation where a flying or faraway opponent is immune to bullets like we saw in VII yet.

Also, while this new magazine gives me the 'recipe' for an upgrade to Squall's revolver, I… Have no idea where the hell I'm supposed to find a Steep Pipe or Screws. I don't think any of these items has dropped yet and I haven't seen them in a store.

…come to think of it, "how the fuck do I upgrade weapons, I have the magazines but none of the crafting mats" is a frustration I distantly recall struggling with as a child playing this game. Huh.
At least some enemies do drop these items, pretty sure. At the least, I can confirm the Geezards that first showed up in Dollet drop them because I got a fair amount farming for Rank.
He gives us the 'Magical Lamp,' which he describes as 'a cursed item, but if one with enough power uses it, it should be of great help.'

Now, looking at the Magical Lamp in the menu only says one thing: "You should Save your game before using it!"

So we do just that. We Save the game, and then we trigger the item.

Everything goes dark.

We fade to a sunless place of endless clouds under the dark.

And…
SQUALL
IT'S ME, THE DEVIL

No notes.

Anyway, Diablos annihilates our entire party within moments.
Understandable, have a nice day.

(I absolutely had Diablos specifically in mind when I wrote that, and you know it)

Yeah, Diablos can hit like a truck with his gravity spam and high physical attack.
Now the question is, was Cid expecting you to do that as soon as you pick it up but without the game mechanic of saving, or did he genuinely think that Squall and co were sufficiently mature to correctly identify that they'd fucking die if they used it as they are?
To be fair, it is 100% possible to beat Diablos at this point in the game... if you know how.

I will, of course, not be telling Omi how!

Last edited:
I feel like I remember Diablos being beatable pretty early on, though I also have a faint memory of it being something I'd fight in Timber. I guess future updates may jog my memory as to why I'd have waited until then. 😂

It's pretty in-character with everything else he's done so far, to be fair...

The trick is that while it looks like he's doing a shitton of damage, most of Diablos' damage are from reducing your HP with Gravity magic and then cherry tapping you if you get sloppy, you can counter it by making sure you have one person reasonably healed who has your revive stuff ready to go, and let the others just tank the gravity hits in the face.

The trick is that while it looks like he's doing a shitton of damage, most of Diablos' damage are from reducing your HP with Gravity magic and then cherry tapping you if you get sloppy, you can counter it by making sure you have one person reasonably healed who has your revive stuff ready to go, and let the others just tank the gravity hits in the face.

One thing I've noticed as an adult playing now is the ATB system makes no sense to me. I can draw with a full party a couple times in a row, but other times enemies will attack two or three times while my ATB bars are filling up.

I have no clue why this is happening, and I'm min/maxed and character-grinded enough to laugh anything off, but it's still some sort of mechanism that I don't understand.

I did, in fact, consider the Lamp Trap a personal offense back when I first played, and made my (momentary) goal to ruin that man Diablos' career before I left Balamb.

I think it took me about 5 tries. Very tricky, and I might have been grinding some, but not that hard once you figure it out.

And here it is.

For everyone who spent several pages baffled as to the weird and random use of the 'chicken-wuss" insult-

Our fistfighter for the game is a light-haired young man in a red vest who rides a hoverboard and hates being called "chicken."

Where have I heard that before...

(Note that to the best of my knowledge this has never been officially confirmed. But it has been a longstanding observation by fans that there are a number of passing similarities between Zell and Marty McFly.)

Last edited:
And here it is.

For everyone who spent several pages baffled as to the weird and random use of the 'chicken-wuss" insult-

Our fistfighter for the game is a light-haired young man in a red vest who rides a hoverboard and hates being called "chicken."

Where have I heard that before...

(Note that to the best of my knowledge this has never been officially confirmed. But it has been a longstanding observation by fans that there are a number of similarities - if superficial - between Zell and Marty McFly.)
That DOES explain the bit where Zell went back in time and almost became his own father so much better, I'd been wondering

FFVIII Bestiary: Balamb Garden
One thing I've noticed as an adult playing now is the ATB system makes no sense to me. I can draw with a full party a couple times in a row, but other times enemies will attack two or three times while my ATB bars are filling up.

I have no clue why this is happening, and I'm min/maxed and character-grinded enough to laugh anything off, but it's still some sort of mechanism that I don't understand.
Personally, after the Solo Seifer Grind in Dollet, I suspect it's an old ATB trick of giving enemies the option to randomly do nothing on their turn (thus wasting it and padding out time between their attacks). In particular, some enemies like the G-Soldiers would often sit around for multiple rounds doing nothing, while the Anacondours were a genuinely huge threat because they always got an attack in between Seifer's turns.

Anyways, this update's bestiary bits:

Also I've realized that by starting this... I'm now entirely obligated to finish it, and thus have to make sure I actually play all of FFVIII along with Omi, can't quit early this time if I burn out whoops

I'm now entirely obligated to finish it, and thus have to make sure I actually play all of FFVIII along with Omi, can't quit early this time if I burn out whoops
You don't have to match pace, if you wanted to blast through at a faster pace to avoid losing interest you'd only need to keep a folder of screencaps to parcel out at pace of thread. Only if you were comitted to posting the Beastary as it goes along, that is.

EL DIABLO, NOOOOOOO

Funniest random serve in this game so far. Close second is the fact that you have to fight a T-rex just to get to first base here - them motherfuckers built Different at Balamb Garden.

You don't have to match pace, if you wanted to blast through at a faster pace to avoid losing interest you'd only need to keep a folder of screencaps to parcel out at pace of thread. Only if you were comitted to posting the Beastary as it goes along, that is.
Oh, that's pretty much what I'm doing to be fair, and I'm enjoying myself enough reliving FFVIII that I should be fine. Heck, I expected the last two updates to be one update and Omi to already be on the way to posting about Timber by now, so I've already cleared that part of the game and am on to [Redacted].

Just an observation that came to mind, really. I've accidentally invested myself in being "that guy" who's posting useful threadmarks material for the game because I find it fun.

Once a GF has wiped out the Raldos, Granaldo is left to resort to its very weak physical attack, and we can just punt him around while making fun of his hair until he dies.
It's a good thing you took out the Raldos first. If you kill the Granaldo first, the Raldos attack in full fury, and they're surprisingly fast.

Oh, yeah, I guess I did agree with Selphie to take part in the Garden Festival committee. Her dialogue didn't seem different depending on my choice so I assumed the game wouldn't keep track of it, but I wonder if I accidentally stepped into some Consequences.
If you access Squall's Study Panel, you can check out Selphie's Garden Festival Committee web page, which features her diary and other things she has written.

You can do it in Balamb. It's relatively easy, too, if you haven't found out how yet that means you haven't visited every building in town, so I suggest canvassing it properly until you found the right place before you go leave for Timber.

The location in question is not very easy to spot, so I suspect many players will overlook it, which further compounds the "guide dang it" of upgrading weapons.

As for Diabolos, he's really not that hard when you've got him figured out.

Credit to the animation team on this one: Squall is actually terrible at dancing. His GF bonding has granted him absolutely no shmoves (or perhaps the GFs aren't helping because he's now doing some 'GF bonding' of his own HO HO HO HO HO). He is awkward, needs the girl to constantly correct his footing, and actually bumps into other people. Honestly, after being such a dick all evening (and about to be even more of a dick), seeing Squall getting owned a little is satisfying.
I imagine this is the kind of dancing Gog-Agog had to put up with from the protagonist of Kill6BillionDemons.

Timber's not that odd for a town name, I imagine they were founded as a lumber town.

Selphie is showing off her SeeD uniform. She's really excited and happy with it, it's cute.
Selphie: "Heeey! Lookin' good! Alright! Let's hit that PAAH-TAY!"
Selphie's outfit is fine, her yellow dress is cute, very sunny, nice boots.
Selphie truly is Best Girl. Love her, 100%, no notes.

Also, as for telling apart the Blue Girls… like other comments have mentioned, this is anime and having the same hairstyle as another major character is punishable by beheading. Zooming in on the sprites should be majorly helpful.

On that note, you may want to look at the screenshots of the logo and FMV again.

The blue girl with the green fabric who looked at Squall in the infirmary and whom he just saved from monsters has short brown hair.

The blue girl who danced at Squall in the party and who is featured in the FMV and logo has shoulder-length brown hair.

Very clear and easy to distinguish, I know!

Gotta say, I love how FF series seized upon the theme of "oh, so you like this awoof moody lone wolf swordsman, do you? You fool! Watch him get OBLITERATED by genuine human connection in one minute tops!"

Really creates a brand identity.

Garden Faculty: "Correct. We have agreed to do this mission for very little money. Normally, we would never accept such requests, but…"

"...But succeed or fail, the mission is likely to destabilize the region enough to create plenty more work for us. Be ready to withdraw at once the moment Galbadia makes ys a good offer."

Back