Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

Yang's Semblance isn't actually fire though?

We don't strictly know where the fire comes from or if it even is fire VS something akin to fire, or from Burn Dust usage.
Why is it named Burn then? It's not like Semblances are the equivalent of Breathing Styles from Demon Slayer where they're not actually elemental powers, just cool visual effects for the audience to see.

Why is it named Burn then? It's not like Semblances are the equivalent of Breathing Styles from Demon Slayer where they're not actually elemental powers, just cool visual effects for the audience to see.
Her hair still lights up in golden flames when her Semblance is activated because she's a fire themed character, but they're just a visual effect like Ruby's rose petals and haven't been shown to actually damage anything on their own. The actual power of her Semblance is a straightforward transfer of energy from damage done to her Aura into a boost to her strength.

Last edited:
So, Naan's quite close but I wanted to give my own take, mostly cos Ruby's petals are an interesting thing thanks to Penny's description of Petal Burst:

Do not worry, Ruby is capable of traveling at an extreme velocity from one point to another by breaking herself down to her molecular components, thus negating her mass and then reassembling them at the destination, theoretically making it possible for her to transport all of us in the same way, as mass no longer matters.

So Ruby is breaking her molecules down into a shape that resembles rose petals, though yeah they don't seem to actually be rose petals.

As for Burn itself, its in an interesting position because:

We have seen Yang influence her environment in a fiery way, be it the shock-waves she send out when angered in Juniors club or Amity. However, Yang does have Burn Dust on her and we know from watching people like Cinder, Fox & Yatsuhashi that channeling Aura into surfaces can alter them or create shockwaves and that this can be combined with Dust.

As it is, there are several instances where the fire tied to Yang's Semblances definitely seems to be hinted as coming from her Burnt Dust. & we see some cases where Yang's hair just glows, seemingly flushed with energy from the build up she received from damage taken but no flames, or something that sits in-between flames and glow, or no flow or flames at all.

But then there are some instances where it seems like her hair is genuinely on fire, like, a lot. But much like with Ruby's petals, its possible this is just her Aura taking a form akin to flames, but not actually being flames.

As it is, we don't know for sure, especially thanks to the nature of Semblance evolution; there was even a moderately popular theory Yang inherited magic by virtue of Raven having magic even before she was a Maiden and that it got passed down and manifested as flames in Yang. So, the options are admittedly fairly open, I don't tend to take them as literal flames but do assume they can act in a fire like 'way' if that makes sense.

thinking about RWBY/Monster Hunter again

Ozpin - Wyverian

Summer - Originally from a village of Riders, but left and eventually settled down with Tai and the others (she helped solve a number of Monster related issues without having to outright kill Monsters except for real serious cases)

Zwei - is a Poogie (a pig) instead of a Corgi

Weiss - Nicholas was a famed and respected Hunter, but Jaq was nothing but a business weasle that has tried to corner the market and rare things and thus the Schnee name has fallen out of favor. Weiss is trying to reclaim that honor and prove herself by taking on dangerous quests even after nearly loosing an eye on one

This energetic red ranger powered by the bonds he makes, with complete access to all his gear, on Remnant.
Considering he's the Red Ranger who had been through many battles against Monsters of the Week, Don't Hinder the Cinder will not stop him from saving the day and kick ass.

And he won't bat an eye at Salem being immortal and find a way to beat her than mope around at how hopeless it is.

Considering he's the Red Ranger who had been through many battles against Monsters of the Week, Don't Hinder the Cinder will not stop him from saving the day and kick ass.

And he won't bat an eye at Salem being immortal and find a way to beat her than mope around at how hopeless it is.
Honestly that response just makes me want to see the guy get slapped upside the head with local genre conventions cos it turns out fighting monsters on a weekly basis is not special on Remnant, and unlike Sentai villains, Cinder & Salem rarely loudly announce their attacks until the boards been set up to give them an advantage and no amount of hot blooded Shonen gumption is going to make Salem any less impossible to kill.

Honestly that response just makes me want to see the guy get slapped upside the head with local genre conventions cos it turns out fighting monsters on a weekly basis is not special on Remnant,
He'd just find it right at home instead and enjoys a very enthusiastic walk.

unlike Sentai villains, Cinder & Salem rarely loudly announce their attacks until the boards been set up to give them an advantage and no amount of hot blooded Shonen gumption is going to make Salem any less impossible to kill.
Yeah but Cinder and Salem are easy for the Red Ranger to read and predict what they do such as wanting to kill everyone, be spiteful and gain power for evil, etc.

And that he had faced worst odds before compared to Salem who couldn't even handle Hazel beating the crap out of her and it's clear she used immortality as a crutch, never bothering to use any technique so long she just blasts away her magic as much as she likes. He'd find a way to beat Salem such as bitch slapping her into space with his Megazord.

Like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3pg0foIfM

e'd just find it right at home instead and enjoys a very enthusiastic walk.

Yeah but Cinder and Salem are easy for the Red Ranger to read and predict what they do such as wanting to kill everyone, be spiteful and gain power for evil, etc.

And that he had faced worst odds before compared to Salem who couldn't even handle Hazel beating the crap out of her and it's clear she used immortality as a crutch, never bothering to use any technique so long she just blasts away her magic as much as she likes. He'd find a way to beat Salem such as bitch slapping her into space with his Megazord.
He's not an eldrich abomination disguised as a vampire, disguised as a man.

Look, you can hate them all you want but Cinder & Salem are actually not that easy to read, they are not card carrying villains no not even Cinder. They operate in the shadows most of the time and barely spend time around the characters if they can avoid it save when its time for an ambush. While both are comfortable with mass death, neither one is inclined o be that overt about it unless they have to and its not their default setting either, they scheme and spy and stealthily stab people in the back most of the time. Both, but particularly Salem, are good at pressing psychological buttons and especially in Salem's case, pragmatic.

Asagaki Tougo sacrificed himself to kill an enemy, he's doesn't seem unbeatable in pure concept. I could do a breakdown of Salem's behavior in that fight, or highlight aspects about Hazel, or a million other things, but instead I am going to come at this from a Doylist perspective:

He is from a different genre than Salem.

Saying he'd win is like saying Bugs Bunny could take her in a fight because he always wins; Bugs comedy character where the funniest thing to happen will happen. That is not an inherently applicable rule once you dump him in another universe, another genre, another story entirely and that also applies to Red Ranger.

I've no issue with trying to balance two or more series respective tones and themes when doing a crossover or fusion, but RWBY's entire theme, story structure, tone, world building & cast should not fall on their knees and be subjugated to a Sentai Parody because one man showed up.

At least if it was Bugs Bunny then it would feel like an idea genuinely rooted in seeking comedy; these ideas don't come off like that, they feel mean spirited and hateful and more to the point, not terribly engaging as a story in the way most wank fics are not engaging as a story.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I really want to convey my point as clearly as possible regarding why I said what I said and why your response does not actually address the point I was going for.

He's not an eldrich abomination disguised as a vampire, disguised as a man.
And you missed the Team Four Star joke of very enthusiastic walk aka kick ass on the Grimm who are not that threatening and more of a fodder nowadays.

When was the last time a Grimm was a real threat to Ruby and friends? They even beat The Hound despite it was touted as the most intelligent and dangerous type made out of a Silver Eyed Faunus warrior inside it.

Nah, they'd be annoyed that the Red Ranger doesn't care of their mind games and proceed to kick their butts anyway. To him, they're the bad guys and he had faced worse villains than those two.

Cinder and Salem look obviously villainous to him especially with Cinder and her Grimm arm.

In the Rangers world, bad guys are so on the nose when it comes to looking evil.

And you missed the Team Four Star joke of very enthusiastic walk aka kick ass on the Grimm who are not that threatening and more of a fodder nowadays.

When was the last time a Grimm was a real threat to Ruby and friends? They even beat The Hound despite it was touted as the most intelligent and dangerous type made out of a Silver Eyed Faunus warrior inside it.
... How can I have missed the joke when I outright referenced wat Alucard is in the text you quoted?

The Grimm were never the major threats, anyone who thought the Grimm alone were meant to be major threats confuse the hell out of me. Also you do recall it took multiple team members, most of whom got their asses half beat, silver eyes and a giant fucking statue to kill the Hound right?

In the Rangers world, bad guys are so on the nose when it comes to looking evil.
You are clearly not listening to a word I say.

... How can I have missed the joke when I outright referenced wat Alucard is in the text you quoted?
Because you didn't realize that Rangers mow down enemy fodder like a chore as seen in Power Rangers shows.

The Grimm were never the major threats, anyone who thought the Grimm alone were meant to be major threats confuse the hell out of me. Also you do recall it took multiple team members, most of whom got their asses half beat, silver eyes and a giant fucking statue to kill the Hound right?
Yeah, I mean the Grimm are meant to be fodder to Ruby and friends to kill as a way of Rooster Teeth to show off the awesome animation style that Monty Oum left behind and they carry on in his name, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You are clearly not listening to a word I say.
Oh I did but I doubt Salem and Cinder can do anything to the Red Ranger who had more experience dealing with evil villains like them and it'd be like a Tuesday to him.

There's a reason why I didn't like "Don't Hinder the Cinder" theme in most crossover fanfics where despite the presence of heroes from another world who are more powerful, experienced and skilled, Cinder will somehow come up on top anyway.

Stations of the Canon in a nutshell which renders the point of crossovers moot if things don't change even with the presence of heroes from another world.

Both of you, please cool it.

Having read the manga of the upcoming show I mentioned, Kizuna Red is not going to be able to utterly defeat Salem. At best he'll annoy the hell out of her, make her waste a fuck ton of Grimm, and have to regenerate a lot, but attrition will eventually get her the win.
Cinder on the other hand can get defeated, and boy oh boy will this guy drive her up the fucking wall. However if she forces him to use his "use only in extreme emergancy" form option, she will die, and then he will target everyone nearby.

Kizuna is not curb stomping anyone of the main cast out the gate, but he will at least greatly confuse, spook and annoy.

As for Stations of the Canon, even in crossovers they still have a place depending on stories being told.
For example, in Hunters of Justice the planet Remnant is conquered and destroyed by Brainiac during the time that would normally bet he Vytal Tournament of Volume 3. With the planet gone and teams RWBY and JNPR now on DC Earth a lot of the old plot beats are going to be either moot or their context changes. You can't have Ironwood lose his marbles and threaten to blow up Mantle to have is way if he is not in his Kingdom, BUT you can have the risk of Ironwood blowing up other stuff and even have more disastrous consequences.
In Boldores & Boomsticks you have Team RWBY not allowed to compete in the Vytal Tournament due to them having missed 2 months of school, but this leaves them open to do other things while the tournament continues without them.
In Roze to Remnant you have the heroes manage to fight off the grimm and prevent the Argus Unlimited from being de-railed by the Sphinx's death shot, BUT the intervention by another character still causes the heroes to crash and have to trudge through the snow and inevitably end up at The Farm.
etc. etc.
It is all up to each individual author how much they want to follow the beats of the IP they use, but all have to remember that every change they make can and will effect how the characters now grow.
If Jaune does not go to Beacon with everyone else, where does that leave Pyrrha? Is she a team leader? Who is on her team? Who is her partner? Does she have friends? Does she have a crush on anyone? etc. etc.

At best he'll annoy the hell out of her, make her waste a fuck ton of Grimm, and have to regenerate a lot, but attrition will eventually get her the win.
Well, Kizuna Red has a Megazord that he can use it to slap Salem into space like what happened to Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers 2017 film and she'd be floating away from Remnant helplessly in space for eternity like what happened to Kars after being sent flying to space by Joseph Joestar in Battle Tendency of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

If Jaune does not go to Beacon with everyone else, where does that leave Pyrrha? Is she a team leader? Who is on her team? Who is her partner? Does she have friends? Does she have a crush on anyone? etc. etc.
Hilariously, I see this while I was binge reading "Knight of Salem", a semi-crack fic where Jaune was kidnapped by Salem who mistook him for Ozpin's new incarnation and he somehow accidentally de-Grimm her to her blonde human self (she's still immortal) with his awakened Semblance (which was obviously Brother God of Light's doing).

As a result of Jaune not joining Beacon, Pyrrha never met him. Instead she met Juanito, a Jaune variant from RWBY Chibi who wears a silly mustache, plays a ukulele and speaks only Spanish phrases.

It was never explained other than she enjoys his company as he's technically a Jaune but it was freaking funny.

Well, Kizuna Red has a Megazord that he can use it to slap Salem into space like what happened to Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers 2017 film and she'd be floating away from Remnant helplessly in space for eternity like what happened to Kars after being sent flying to space by Joseph Joestar in Battle Tendency of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
And if we take "So long as this world turns, you shall walk its face." literally like what some people tend to speculate is the terms and conditions, her immortality isn't gonna be saving her from the icy cold vacuum of space.

And if we take "So long as this world turns, you shall walk its face." literally like what some people tend to speculate is the terms and conditions, her immortality isn't gonna be saving her from the icy cold vacuum of space.
So basically Salem would accept death that she always wanted coming for her at last after her immortality tied to Remnant had been severed even though being slapped into space by a Megazord is not quite a dignified way for her to go.

Both of you, please cool it.
I am cool?

Regarding stations of canon, I think a lot of people misunderstand what that actually means.

Stations of canon is the Wave Mission in Naruto always happening regardless of how the worlds been changed before-hand, (Like Kiri not being as fucked up) or still happening despite Naruto's team being different, their temperament being different, hell the temperament and attitudes of other teams and so on. So much had to align for Team 7 to get that mission that is basically unfeasible that it could happen a second time with even a minor tweak, or that it'd go exactly the same if the team make-up was different or Naruto were a different person, ETC.

RWBY's Fall of Beacon of Cinder's Atlas Arc ambush are not stations of canon by any means.

Cinder's plan during the Vale Arc was not heavily disrupted because no one among RWBY knew or had reason to suspect she existed, while the adults only knew "Queen Had Pawns" which could be Roman & Adam, or could be a middle management type as Cinder was, but that's all they know. Otherwise her plan hinged on only a few things, the Breach was genuinely sabotaged; she was able to roll with it but it still did way less damage than if it had been triggered later, let alone if the plan was to coincide it with the main attack on Beacon, if that had happened Vale would have fallen no doubts.

Meanwhile in V8, the heroes have zero reason to think Neo survived Monstra's explosion, zero reason to think Cinder has the password, zero to minimal reason to think Cinder had the intel, resources or allies to interrupt their plan. & what little they do have to suspect they can't plan on because they are on a time crunch with very little freedom of movement given the circumstances.

If one wanted to use a crossover character to disrupt say, the Fall of Beacon there's two ways to do it:

1: Happenstance leads them to have suspicions about Cinder's team.

Such as seeing Emerald & Mercury leaving Tuckson's book trade and then finding the man dead. This could literally unravel the entire god damn plot on Cinder's end, if Leo is contacts, her files accessed, and so on. But this could also happen in universe thanks to Yang wanting to buy Blake a nice present, its pure happenstance.

2: The cross over over character has some form of skill or power that is helpful in a way the cast did not originally have access too:

Such as say Cassandra Cain being a detective who can read body language so intimately she can predict people's actions. She'd likely pick up on 'something' being off with Cinder & co, and have skills and experience analyzing and tracing things down, as well as existing outside the context of Remnant and thus not having (For example) biases against Faunus to figure something out. Or having a shape shifter who can infiltrate and spy on the White Fang, or someone with passive mind reading being like, "Damn, why is that gothic lolita always thinking about murder & that smarmy redheaded criminal? Someone should look into that!"

Conclusion:
You'll notice neither of these are disruptions that would come about because someone is tasty in a fight. Because being good at fighting is the one thing the RWBY cast has consistently had in excess, so unless the person is so powerful they can stomp the setting, they cannot actually disrupt Cinder & Co's plan without happenstance.

Maybe the Breach would be less damaging if someone from Symphogear was on hand to forcibly stop the train from ever hitting its mark. Maybe Pyrrha survives because Nightcrawler can teleport in and take her somewhere safe before Cinder shoots her through the heart.

But as far as stopping the plan from reaching at the very least the phase were its triggered? Being good in a fight is by itself, not going to do a thing. Hell, Cinder's plan didn't even rely on using the heroes. If RWBY lost to FNKI she could just have Flynt or Neon be tricked into attacking someone and use Vale's justifiable concerns about Atlas to rile people up. The plan is hard to disrupt because unless someone already knows Cinder is a threat or Emeralds Semblance, there is no way to really preempt it.

Hell, we saw Ruby get so very close in V3 and was just barely kept busy long enough for things to stay on the rails, and if Ironwood hadn't been able to make it down to the Vault in time in V8, Winter would have joined the battle against Cinder and likely been enough to turn the tables. But those potential disruptions were only possible once people had enough information to act on, or the freedom to act, which is not a given.

So yeah, that's my stance on that XD

Sorry for not having much to offer on the Sentai idea, I have little knowledge of the series and so can't say much.

Sorry for not having much to offer on the Sentai idea, I have little knowledge of the series and so can't say much.
No wonder you didn't like it when I said about Kizuna Red being so used to fighting bad guys it's like a Tuesday to him and can mow down Grimm hordes like a chore as most Ranger/Sentai heroes do on their respective mooks in every episode.

Speaking of which, for a fused RWBY x Power Rangers crossover story, if a Morpher goes to Jaune being the rookie (Rookie Red Ranger trope is a thing) that he found in the Emerald Forest during Beacon Academy Initiation, then it would make more sense as Jaune will be the one struggling to figure out how his Ranger powers exactly work and what he can do with the new techniques and gear he got.

And if he doesn't have a convenient Mentor (such as either Alpha or Zordon or even a previous Morpher user who retired) like most Rangers do, then he will have to learn on his own, make mistakes and grow from the experience.

Got two stories from the same writer/universe as TMNT: Remnant

Ruby Takes a Driver's Test - Hotshot95 - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
"In trying to stave off the boredom of a relatively calm day in New York, Leonardo and Raphael attempt to give Ruby some advice in a skill set she is struggling with. With luck, the city will survive the results.

An Earth 1023 Story."

AND

Blake Belladonna in: Live. Die. Repeat. - Chapter 1 - Hotshot95 - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
"After months of work, the time has finally come. Penny Polendina is getting herself a proper body. Donatello and Reed have gone through every conceivable eventuality. There is no way they can find that could make this go wrong.

Well, it turns out they didn't think enough. And now it's all up to Blake Belladonna to deal with the consequences.

May God help us all.

An Earth 1023 Story."

Back