Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

So I've been bitten by RWBY bug and have found a way to recycle some of my various RWBY/Marvel crossover ideas. So during some great cosmic kerfuffle, perhaps involving the cosmic cube or the Beyonder getting bored, Remnant is ISOT'd to the Marvel Universe. It takes the place of Counter-Earth and thus orbits opposite of the Marvel Earth. After much confusion contact and trade is normalized between Earth and Remnant. As part this diplomatic efforts as well as concerns that Remnant might be vulnerable to the many extraterrestrial threats in the MU Captain America assembles an Avengers team to operate on Remnant full time. The team consists of the following heroes:

Monica Rambeau/Photon: Team Leader: Her FTL flight abilities make her the idea for being able to respond to threats on both Remnant and Earth as well as direct communication should interplanetary communications fail. Also one of my favorite Avengers of all time.

Hercules: Demigod with millenia of monster-hunting under his belt, ideally suited to Remnant. Really enjoy the idea of comparing and contrasting someone who's both a classical hero of myth and a superhero all in one with the heroes of Remnant.

Brother Voodoo/Jericho Drumm: Former Sorcerer Supreme and expert magic-user.

Henry McCoy/Beast: Accomplished Scientest, Avenger, X-Men, and Mutant Right's activist. Captain America felt that the team should represent should represent the best of all Earth, human and mutant alike. Also this will be the nice Beast, not the high-funtioning Sociopath he's been written for the past several years.

Anna Marie/Rogue: Physical Powerhouse, Ability absorbtion, and like Hank here as representative of Mutantkind. Also I've wanted to write Rogue interacting with Yang for years!

Dane Whitman/ Black Knight: Scientest who wields a magic sword and is tied to the Arthurian Mythos would be an excellent fit in the world of Remnant...Also one of my other favorite Avengers

This team is meant to represent an amalgam of some of favorite Avengers teams, the Roger Stern era and the Uncanny Avengers, my problematic fave. I do know I'm rolling the dice with characters that aren't as well known outside of the comics but I'm hoping to make it work.

Of course other interests from Earth are operating on Remnant, such as the contriversial mutant nation of Krakoa establishing ties with Menagerie and the Faunus as a whole. Of course those with more sinister agendas will in Remnant new oppritunities to gain power. Then of course there will be the fun question of how our heriones react to being a part of bigger universe and how Salem will adapt to the new status quo...

So I've been bitten by RWBY bug and have found a way to recycle some of my various RWBY/Marvel crossover ideas.
Always nice to see you again and this idea is very fun, I'm not super familiar with some of these characters but they do seem cool and its a nice idea on Captain Americas part, I am rather curious how Remnant feels about the decision and what naturalized contact even looks like.

I am rather iffy on Krakoa stuff, but that's more of a me thing and the idea of Faunus and mutants trying to collaborate is interesting, cos on one hand there is a logic to the mutual aid angle, but on the other hand, there's some rather notable differences in their circumstances too.

But yeah, I love the theme and idea of like, comparing and contrasting different types of heroes and Hunters, I forget, how big id Marvel on the general "Heroes don't kill" angle?

Cos I always love the fact that on RWBY, Ruby & Yang the "Normal one's" are fairly chill with ending someone when they've made themselves a problem most efficiently dealt with via killing, as they kind of represent Hunter culture in general to a degree. Like they aren't bloodthirsty, but they've long since internalized the idea that A, they are here to kill monsters, B, surviving to get home is integral, and C, provided you gave them an out, its on their head if they keep pushing.

for Marvel my understanding is that the "no kill rule" only applies to a few of the heroes, I think.
Spider-man/Peter Parker once caught Daredevil and a few others planning to kill Kingpin. Daredevi, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Moon Knight were in the group.
here it is

Since Marvel has a shit ton more Supers than DC and no true uniting force like The Justice League to follow for guidance Marvel is far more prone to squabbling and more individual action.
Spider-Man is the least likely to willingly kill a person. At first you get quips, then stern warnings, and then he is either going to seriously hunt you down and there will be no quips, and you keep pushing him THEN he really shows of why he is one of the most physically dangerous people around (i.e. he once ripped a ladies face off).
Meanwhile you'll have people like Hawkeye and Black Widow who can and will off opponents if need be.
Point is, a DC hero is far more likely to restrain themselves and not kill someone than a Marvel character.

Always nice to see you again and this idea is very fun, I'm not super familiar with some of these characters but they do seem cool and its a nice idea on Captain Americas part, I am rather curious how Remnant feels about the decision and what naturalized contact even looks like.

Thank you so much and it's good to be back here!

Yeah I've been debating about going with a few more well known characters or perhaps including younger heroes in the mix to better bounce off
Team RWBY like America Chavez, Wiccan, and Hulkling.

Basically diplomatic and economic ties are established between Remnant and Earth at this point.

Captain America made the offer to the Kingdoms and worked out the arrangements with them. Ozpin sees it as a potential boon to the Kingdom and a distraction for the public from his shadow war with Salem.

I am rather iffy on Krakoa stuff, but that's more of a me thing and the idea of Faunus and mutants trying to collaborate is interesting, cos on one hand there is a logic to the mutual aid angle, but on the other hand, there's some rather notable differences in their circumstances too.

Well it's Krakoa minus the 'we are humanity's new gods' bit but more 'we're done with mutant infighting while the world keeps trying to kill us.". There are differences but beyond the practical there's also

But yeah, I love the theme and idea of like, comparing and contrasting different types of heroes and Hunters, I forget, how big id Marvel on the general "Heroes don't kill" angle?

Broadly speaking they're generally no kill though you'll find more exceptions in the MU to that than you would in the DCU

Cos I always love the fact that on RWBY, Ruby & Yang the "Normal one's" are fairly chill with ending someone when they've made themselves a problem most efficiently dealt with via killing, as they kind of represent Hunter culture in general to a degree. Like they aren't bloodthirsty, but they've long since internalized the idea that A, they are here to kill monsters, B, surviving to get home is integral, and C, provided you gave them an out, its on their head if they keep pushing.

Same, it's a trait I very much appreciate about them, especially since most series would make them anti-heroes. It's some that'll be interesting to play against the heroes when they interact.

Meanwhile you'll have people like Hawkeye and Black Widow who can and will off opponents if need be.

Hawkeye only kills in the comics when he's written by Bendis, outside of that he's anti-killing to the point of being an asshole.

Thank you so much and it's good to be back here!

Yeah I've been debating about going with a few more well known characters or perhaps including younger heroes in the mix to better bounce off
Team RWBY like America Chavez, Wiccan, and Hulkling.

Basically diplomatic and economic ties are established between Remnant and Earth at this point.

Captain America made the offer to the Kingdoms and worked out the arrangements with them. Ozpin sees it as a potential boon to the Kingdom and a distraction for the public from his shadow war with Salem.
:D :D :D

Definitely some fun potential there too, I always like Miles & Ruby but that may just be cos I like Miles a lot, hehe.

Ah fair and also I am very intrigued what that looks like given the respective worlds XD

Makes sense and why am I not surprised Ozpin hasn't told anyone about Salem, tsk tsk.
Well it's Krakoa minus the 'we are humanity's new gods' bit but more 'we're done with mutant infighting while the world keeps trying to kill us.". There are differences but beyond the practical there's also
My thing with Krakoa is more, "Its not like other minorities can just move to a magical island and make their own nation" so I tend to feel it disconnects me from the themes of X-Men somewhat. Granted I like Asteroid M which does something similar, but that' usually more of a separatist movement over all Mutants so it can still keep ties to the messy politics and drama. But I also don't really read much to do with Krakoa, so I can't actually comment on its quality, just the concept, so I may be speaking out of my ass XD

There are differences but beyond the practical there's also
I think you got cut off :(
Broadly speaking they're generally no kill though you'll find more exceptions in the MU to that than you would in the DCU
Fair and cool, I am good either way but always wonder.
Same, it's a trait I very much appreciate about them, especially since most series would make them anti-heroes. It's some that'll be interesting to play against the heroes when they interact.
Mhm, I also like how one can contrast Ruby & Yang especially in this regard from Blake & Weiss, and so on, its very interesting to say the least and well said there regarding anti heroes VS Heroes, kudos!
Hawkeye only kills in the comics when he's written by Bendis, outside of that he's anti-killing to the point of being an asshole.
Huh interesting!

been reading a Legend of Zelda Wild/Kingdom fanfic
and now my brain is imagining the following;

Weiss with the Rito
Yang with the Goron
Blake with the Zora

It takes the place of Counter-Earth and thus orbits opposite of the Marvel Earth.
Which Counter-Earth are we talking about? My Google-fu shows there have been at least four in the Marvel universe.

Also, are you committed to the ISOT idea? Or would you consider other possibilities, like Remnant always being a Counter-Earth but on a separate plane of existence/hidden by magic/etc. (or something to that effect)?

What period in the timeline would Earth interact with Remnant?

for Marvel/RWBY

What would the Beacon 8 be like if they were Marvel Natives?
Like, who would be a Mutant (X-Men)? Who would uptain a superpower (Spider-man)? Who would use magic (Dr. Strange)? Who would use tech (Iron-Man)? Who would be an uber-tained human (Hawkeye)? etc. etc.

for Marvel/RWBY

Like, who would be a Mutant (X-Men)? Who would uptain a superpower (Spider-man)? Who would use magic (Dr. Strange)? Who would use tech (Iron-Man)? Who would be an uber-tained human (Hawkeye)? etc. etc.
Ruby - Tech (Ironman, Black Panther)
Weiss - Magic (Dr. Strange)
Blake - Mutant (X-Men in general)
Yang - Science Accident (Hulk, Captain Marvel)

Jaune - Stumble upon superpower/artifact/alien (Spiderman, Venom, Scott Lang Ant-Man)
Nora - Divine Blessing/Heritage (Thor, Valkyrie, Asgardians in general)
Pyrrha - Super Prototype Volunteer (Captain America, Falcon, War Machine)
Ren - Uber-trained human/Mystical Martial Arts (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Fist)

This is a tricky question given some characters have default powers & extra powers, such as Cinder & her Semblance, Maiden & Grimm powers. But if we go more by overarching theme, arc, narrative role and such its likely easier but maybe still some wiggle room for funsies.

Ruby - Uber-trained human & Divine Heritage (Qrow's training & Silver Eyes from her mother, with theorized ties to the God of Light)
Weiss -Divine Heritage (The Schnee Semblances came in her blood even if it took training to master)
Blake - Mutant (Narrative role as part of a discriminated against minority, distinct physical form & traits)
Yang - Mystical Martial Arts (She is primarily a Martial artist, but has elemental themes & unique eyes, etc)

Jaune - Stumble upon superpower/artifact (For want of more fitting options, maybe family heirlooms he thought for war were for healing?)
Pyrrha - Uber-trained human & Super Solider Project (Champion is too integral to take away, but so are the Maiden themes of experiments)
Nora -Divine Heritage (The name, lightning themed power, mysterious backstory of being abandoned by a parent)
Ren - Magic (Mostly vibe based given the petals tied to empathy powers and the color laps born of emotional suppression)

Cinder - Uber-trained human & Divine Blessing (Rhode's made her a warrior, Salem gifted her powers)
Neapolitan - Magic (Mostly due to how she responds to the Ever After & overall fae-like vibes)
Mercury - Super Solider Project & Tech (His dad raised him as a weapon & forced the mechanical legs on him, so they fit together)
Emerald - Mutant (Her powers are inborn or manifested without much training; so mutant, or divine but we need more mutants)

Ruby - Tech (Ironman, Black Panther)
Weiss - Magic (Dr. Strange)
Blake - Mutant (X-Men in general)
Yang - Science Accident (Hulk, Captain Marvel)

Jaune - Stumble upon superpower/artifact/alien (Spiderman, Venom, Scott Lang Ant-Man)
Nora - Divine Blessing/Heritage (Thor, Valkyrie, Asgardians in general)
Pyrrha - Super Prototype Volunteer (Captain America, Falcon, War Machine)
Ren - Uber-trained human/Mystical Martial Arts (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Fist)

This is a tricky question given some characters have default powers & extra powers, such as Cinder & her Semblance, Maiden & Grimm powers. But if we go more by overarching theme, arc, narrative role and such its likely easier but maybe still some wiggle room for funsies.

Ruby - Uber-trained human & Divine Heritage (Qrow's training & Silver Eyes from her mother, with theorized ties to the God of Light)
Weiss -Divine Heritage (The Schnee Semblances came in her blood even if it took training to master)
Blake - Mutant (Narrative role as part of a discriminated against minority, distinct physical form & traits)
Yang - Mystical Martial Arts (She is primarily a Martial artist, but has elemental themes & unique eyes, etc)

Jaune - Stumble upon superpower/artifact (For want of more fitting options, maybe family heirlooms he thought for war were for healing?)
Pyrrha - Uber-trained human & Super Solider Project (Champion is too integral to take away, but so are the Maiden themes of experiments)
Nora -Divine Heritage (The name, lightning themed power, mysterious backstory of being abandoned by a parent)
Ren - Magic (Mostly vibe based given the petals tied to empathy powers and the color laps born of emotional suppression)

Cinder - Uber-trained human & Divine Blessing (Rhode's made her a warrior, Salem gifted her powers)
Neapolitan - Magic (Mostly due to how she responds to the Ever After & overall fae-like vibes)
Mercury - Super Solider Project & Tech (His dad raised him as a weapon & forced the mechanical legs on him, so they fit together)
Emerald - Mutant (Her powers are inborn or manifested without much training; so mutant, or divine but we need more mutants)

I am now picturing Pyrrha as Captain America/Steve Rogers, and Jaune as The Falcon/Sam Wilson.
i.e. When Super Soldier Pyrrha goes down, ally Jaune takes up the tools left behind and carries on the fight.

For Ren, what if he and his family were part of a group of secluded monks that got wiped out?

I am now picturing Pyrrha as Captain America/Steve Rogers, and Jaune as The Falcon/Sam Wilson.
I can see that comparison working really well, kudos!

For Ren, what if he and his family were part of a group of secluded monks that got wiped out?
Hmm, on one hand it can work, on the other hand, it begs the question of how and why they got wiped out given their skills and such.

Hmm, on one hand it can work, on the other hand, it begs the question of how and why they got wiped out given their skills and such.

Pretty sure Marvel (and others) have had cases of once secret groups getting wiped out.

Hmmm.....
Oh, lost Asgardian Child Nora is found by the group, and her presence is what brings the force that takes them out.

for Marvel/RWBY

Ruby and Yang: Initially and primarily tech heroes. Elaborate weaponry, light powersuits (moreso Ruby's work), personal vehicles (moreso Yang's work), maybe a bit of one-shot gadgetry. Yang also gets some martial arts training from Tai (may or may not have some mystical stuff involved), Ruby also has whatever something else going on Summer did (alien? Inhuman? magic?) that eventually makes itself known.

Weiss: Hereditary magical ability. Pretty straightforward.

Blake: Faunus and mutants occupy sufficiently similar tropespace that a one-to-one translation feels like it makes the most sense to me. With how mantles can get passed around in the big superhero verses, I could see Blake going by Shadowcat in the cape scene if she picked it up at a point in time where Kitty Pryde wasn't using it.

Jaune: Initially in a situation similar to (my secondhand understanding of) early Eli Bradley, acquiring artificial, temporary superpowers of dubious sourcing and quality. When he comes clean about that and/or it blows up, he shifts to an unpowered support role (maybe still in the field, maybe not). Maybe turns out to be an Inhuman with ally-buffing/protection powers?

Nora: Could probably straight-up make her Thor's half-human daughter from a fling he doesn't know resulted in a pregnancy, with her mother never explaining to her, either. Some sort of Asgardian connection is the obvious angle, at the very least.

Pyrrha: Could go one of two ways, depending on whether you tie the "fame" elements of her canon history to her civilian side or her cape side. Either she's a Hawkeye-esque "impossibly skilled normal" type (probably an Olympic medalist) who tries to use superheroing as an escape (and also just because of feeling the responsibility to help when she realizes she can put her skill to meaningful use), or she's a super-powerful mutate a la Carol Danvers that gets put on pedestals the way Superman does sometimes.

Ren: Yeah, "mystical martial artist" feels like the natural fit here. Like Weiss, pretty straightforward.

Pretty sure Marvel (and others) have had cases of once secret groups getting wiped out.

Hmmm.....
Oh, lost Asgardian Child Nora is found by the group, and her presence is what brings the force that takes them out.
True, true.

Ooh that could be fin, like she's related to Thor or maybe Freyr if one wants to do a deep cut with it, and Loki or some other Asgardians after her for their own use but she doesn't know this and is eventually ditched by her mother or just lost, ends up in or near Ren and his families community of monks, then boom, some fucking Jotun break down the door and go ham. Ren as the last survivor is the one to take up their sacred scrolls or hidden teachings.

Damn, Nora would probably have a bit of a complex about that!

On the military angle, I thought up some backronym nicknames for Atlas's Ace Ops. Any other suggestions?

Army Commandos Expended On Petty Strikebreaking
Atlesian Children Empty of Personality or Sense
Academy Cadets: Expensive Over Privileged and Stupid
Army Can't End Our Prolonged Suffering

Quick question on Faunus:

If Ghira is the MLK Jr. analogue and Sienna was the Malcolm X/Huey Newton/Nelson Mandela analogue, what real-life person would Adam be most closely equivalent to? Someone who hid their reactionism and racial supremacism in a cloak of "revolution"?

(Besides Louis Farrakhan.)

Quick question on Faunus:

If Ghira is the MLK Jr. analogue and Sienna was the Malcolm X/Huey Newton/Nelson Mandela analogue, what real-life person would Adam be most closely equivalent to? Someone who hid their reactionism and racial supremacism in a cloak of "revolution"?

(Besides Louis Farrakhan.)
Yahweh ben Yahweh and Dwight York/Issa al-Haadi al-Mahdi both sorta fit, though they also have a lot of elements that just aren't in Adam's makeup. Looking a bit further afield you could draw a lot of parallels to the 21st and 22nd presidents of Liberia Samuel Doe and Charles Taylor who both violently seized power and were responsible for horrible amounts of self serving corruption and wide spread ethnic violence.

I feel its worth noting that the White Fang is a helluva lot closer tot he IRA than any American centric organizations I can think of and that the Faunus have never been officially or even implicitly made analogous to any singular minority group save by viewer presumption. So one can look far more afield than one might first assume.

So.
Recently been reading 2 newer RWBY/Fairy Tail crossover fics
Both are....OK so far, but each have their own choices that make me go "Huh?"

World of New Solutions - Chapter 1 - ThatOnePsycho - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
"When Taiyang was sent to explore a portal that opened in Forever Falls, he wasn't expecting a new world to open up to Remnant, or to be reunited with his long lost daughter"

A portal opens up in both the world of RWBY and the world of Fairy Tail. Eventually Tai and Qrow go in, and come face to face with a 17 year old Ruby. Ruby had vanished from her cradle at the age of 2. The fic takes place possibly before the start of RWBY and at the start of Fairy Tail's Phantom Lord's arc. Ruby has "White God Slayer Magic" and is in a poly relationship with both Mirajane and Erza.

A Fairy Tail Arc - Chapter 1 - Tinken - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
"Jaune Arc died at the fall of beacon, now he's in a place where magic is in abundance, there is an actual talking cat, and the moon isn't broken.

So he is very confused, a little scared, and somehow now a member of a mage guild.

This is gonna be a long journey"

Jaune faces Cinder on his own, and gets literally cut down by Cinder. A Ruby Silver Eye Scream later and Jaune wakes up at the harbor from the very first episode of Fairy Tail, saving Lucy from getting grabbed by a slaver, and ends up going with her, Natsu and Happy back to the guild. Jaune experiences they rowdy violence of the Fairy Tail guild. The questionable stuff comes from how the author has written Elfman and especially Mirajane, with Elfman seeming a bit more will to club someone with a table (but at least has the decency to not hit someone from behind) and Mira seeming to hold a grudge against Natsu. :/

BUT, I digress.
I bring this all up because it got me thinking.
How would some of you go about a RWBY/Fairy Tail crossover?
Where would both worlds be at in their stories at the time of the crossover?
Would it be a newly formed RWBY meeting Lucy who has just joined Fairy Tail?
Would it be a Team RWBY ready for the Vytal Festival finding themselves smackdab in the middle of the Battle of Fairy Tail?
Would Team RWBY learn Magic?
Could Team Natsu go around Remnant without issue or would their be complications like when they were on Edolas?

etc. etc.

Yang's Semblance isn't actually fire though?

We don't strictly know where the fire comes from or if it even is fire VS something akin to fire, or from Burn Dust usage.

Back