"Left Behind" Urban Arcana/Zombie Apocalypse [A d20 modern game - looking for group]

Image credit:
infestation (War z) by AndreyDenisov

Long story short putting together a Zombie Apocalypse survival game.

Basic premise is that a pulse, originating somewhere in the Nevada desert had visibly rounded the globe as reported by NASA and other agencies. Soon after recently dead, some of them at least, awoke hungry and infectious. Within hours several major cities were overrun with the undead.

Humanity fought back with guns and grenades and bomb shells. Some cities were nuked with small tactical nukes and written off but according to radio transmissions humanity is still fighting the good fight. But you are way, way out of any safe zones.

The team is a rag tag group of survivors that survived the initial carnage, found themselves in the same place, hunkered down and tried riding out the storm. All of you were bit as you escaped. None of you have died from the bite like so many others did. Maybe... Maybe it'll be ok.

It's been a week now and you will soon have to leave as food and water are running out.

There is literally no limit to how nuts I am willing to let this get.
(With the caveat of rule of cool. If you are just stacking bonuses you will likely get passed for someone who made something fun. )

EDIT: Caveat to above: pls no pedofiles or prehensile penises. Thank you.

###

When

After new year.
Time.
After 5 PM (CST)
Midnight onward (GMT+1) for you euro people.

I'll need people to commit at least 3-4 hours.

How:

Basic familiarity with d20 systems required.

Game will be played with voice over Discord and on roll20 if there is sufficient interest I may allow others to listen in.

Mechanics

There is literally no limit to how nuts I am willing to let this get.

You may be better off talking about what you want to play first.

All races, supplements viable including urban arcana and any of the apocalypse and past supplements. Only PL5 and early PL6 tech but d20 future content and feats are also viable. Custom content on agreement. GM reserves the right to veto. May contain traces of peanuts.

You can start with up to 4 total levels, level adjustment or mutations.

You may multi-class base classes any way you like as normal or if you have a good reason for it I may let you start with a prestige class from level one, as long as any requirements are met on the character you end up with.

I value creativity more than DPS and someone fun to play with will be picked over the DPS mastery of your number crunching.

I will be working with prospective payers and once the team is picked come up with a suitable "safe heaven" based on who the players are.

Special rules:

There is literally no limit to how nuts I am willing to let this get. You always wanted to play a preschooler wielding a large psychic hammer for love and justice or an art student turned burger flipper who was suddenly turned into a pretty pegasus pony or a comic book superhero? Go for it, ask.

-Action points.
-Gain them per normal rules.
-Use em or lose them on level up.
-Extra action point is gained at the start of each session if the character did not level up after the last session. 2 at level 5. 3 at level 10.
-Don't hesitate to ask "can I trade in n action points for y" during a heated frackas even if it's not specified in the rules.

Post basic premise here and we'll talk in thread.
Post all images in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
Update:

1st game start changed to after new years. Game time is mostly set, day of the week is still flexible.

Also, and I can't believe I have to say this:

You will be instantly fired, out of a cannon, and into the sun for the following:

-Enhanced or prehensile penises.

-If you are playing a child character, I do not want the first thing out of your mouth to be their sexual preference. (And I'm not talking about teenagers here, just so we are clear.)

Ficus damn it internet! -.-

I know folks here are not likely to do this to me but still...

Last edited:
Back