Kizumonogatari announced for Jan 8, two sequels to follow

I hope it comes out.

They better not disappoint me like they did back in like, 2011. I read a translation of it during the wait.

Also, I didn't realize Owarimonogatari had started up. Nice.

Edit: Watched the trailer. The first trailer years ago didn't have all that fanservice...

Last edited:
Kizu is actually coming out? Jeez, I'm half expecting Valve to announce a release date for HL3 at this rate.

Edit: Watched the trailer. The first trailer years ago didn't have all that fanservice...

The amount of fanservice in a SHAFT project can only stay constant or increase over time, and usually does the latter. It's the Second Law of Shaftodynamics.

The amount of fanservice in a SHAFT project can only stay constant or increase over time, and usually does the latter. It's the Second Law of Shaftodynamics.

In Second Season and Hana, plus the new OUGI Formula that dropped a lot of the fanservice actually, and those were the best bits.

I was actually pretty annoyed with the shower scene in the first arc of Second Season because I'd read the book and instead of a lot of rather insightful internal monologue from Hanekawa and a bit of spoken dialogue, they filled more time with fanservice and lost what I thought was somewhat important to the scene. They retained some of it, but there was a lot more said in the LN.

The fanservice peaked in Nisemonogatari and then dropped off quite a bit actually. When we see things from the perspective of Kaiki or Sengoku there wasn't really any, and with Hanekawa we only saw it while she was in the bath with Hitagi(She's not entirely comfortable about it but she realizes she's kind of sexually attracted to Hitagi around there). I at least appreciate that its seemingly often used to further characterize the viewpoint character, by its presence, as well as the lack of it. I do love how they characterize just be showing how the viewpoint character sees people, especially non-named people.

But more head tilt is best head tilt. :3

Edit: The size of Hanekawa's breasts also changes based on who is the viewpoint character, and what point in the story Araragi is at when it's him.

Which might actually explain why they look a lot bigger in Kizumonogatari compared to say, Bakemonogatari, and especially Otorimonogatari.

Edit2: Actually, now that I think about it, with Hanekawa it was while she was in the bath, and also ripped shirt Araragi. Which makes sense.

Last edited:
I'm actually amazed. At this point I was just going to write Kizu off.

e: well more like wrote it off years ago ...

Last edited:
I can't quite believe this is actually happening, but I am so looking forwards to it.

Of course, we probably won't get subs until summer. :V

Back