How do you make a good quest

Pronouns
He
Hi guys. I am planing to make a Batman quest but it will be first. So I ask for people with more experience on how to do it.

Suffer for your art.

Suffer so that everyone else does not have to.

Only in pain, blood and toil is a good quest made.

When you pick yourself up afterwards, and brush away the dust, the ash, and the embers, you will see what you have made, and it will be good.

Okay, I'm kidding.

Really though, having a good quest is fairly easy so long as you're willing to put some work into it. have a basic plot ahead of time, (though, be aware players may deviate) know in general what you are doing, and have a good grasp of the characters you're going to use. If you want to use a dice system in it, be confident with that, and know it well enough to predict how it will go.

Be sure that you have the time for a quest, and update it fairly regularly. At least once a week is probably good. if you're feeling overwhelmed after a while, it's okay to take a break, just be sure to let your game know ahead of time so they don't think you've run off.

Don't expect a massive amount of players off the bat, a lot of times, you have to start small and earn more as you go. Conversely, however, it's possible you will get a fuckton right away. It really depends on the subject of the quest, and how many people are looking for something new. Some players may try to push you around if they think they can, so develop a relationship early on wherein they know just what you are willing to put up with. Be firm, but kind. People play your games to have fun, but part of that is that they need to face challenges, which is an aspect that can sometimes be lost to some players who push for all the good things all the times. Be willing to answer questions, but also willing to lay down the law as GM if you have to.

Never forget that you are a player as well. If you're not having fun, then you don't need to force yourself to keep playing. If the game becomes a big mess, which can totally happen even if you're doing your absolute best and your players are great - then don't let a sunk cost fallacy keep you from moving on and trying again. Quests are like many things, and you only get better at them as you go.

Related to that, don't expect everything to be perfect. if you're new to this, then you will make mistakes. That's fine though, don't panic when it happens. Deal with it, be open about it, and grow and learn. Players are not unreasonable most of the time, and those that are? Are probably going to be problem players anyway.

I think this is the basics of it, though I am sure others could add more. I could go on to more detail, but I don't really want to overwhelm you, and this should cover the starting stuff. If you need help, don't be afraid to drop me a message, I have been running quests on SB and SV for many years, and my current one has been going for around 4. I am not the best Qm around, but I would dare say that I am solid enough to field any questions.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Suffer for your art.

Suffer so that everyone else does not have to.

Only in pain, blood and toil is a good quest made.

When you pick yourself up afterwards, and brush away the dust, the ash, and the embers, you will see what you have made, and it will be good.

Okay, I'm kidding.

Really though, having a good quest is fairly easy so long as you're willing to put some work into it. have a basic plot ahead of time, (though, be aware players may deviate) know in general what you are doing, and have a good grasp of the characters you're going to use. If you want to use a dice system in it, be confident with that, and know it well enough to predict how it will go.

Be sure that you have the time for a quest, and update it fairly regularly. At least once a week is probably good. if you're feeling overwhelmed after a while, it's okay to take a break, just be sure to let your game know ahead of time so they don't think you've run off.

Don't expect a massive amount of players off the bat, a lot of times, you have to start small and earn more as you go. Conversely, however, it's possible you will get a fuckton right away. It really depends on the subject of the quest, and how many people are looking for something new. Some players may try to push you around if they think they can, so develop a relationship early on wherein they know just what you are willing to put up with. Be firm, but kind. People play your games to have fun, but part of that is that they need to face challenges, which is an aspect that can sometimes be lost to some players who push for all the good things all the times. Be willing to answer questions, but also willing to lay down the law as GM if you have to.

Never forget that you are a player as well. If you're not having fun, then you don't need to force yourself to keep playing. If the game becomes a big mess, which can totally happen even if you're doing your absolute best and your players are great - then don't let a sunk cost fallacy keep you from moving on and trying again. Quests are like many things, and you only get better at them as you go.

Related to that, don't expect everything to be perfect. if you're new to this, then you will make mistakes. That's fine though, don't panic when it happens. Deal with it, be open about it, and grow and learn. Players are not unreasonable most of the time, and those that are? Are probably going to be problem players anyway.

I think this is the basics of it, though I am sure others could add more. I could go on to more detail, but I don't really want to overwhelm you, and this should cover the starting stuff. If you need help, don't be afraid to drop me a message, I have been running quests on SB and SV for many years, and my current one has been going for around 4. I am not the best Qm around, but I would dare say that I am solid enough to field any questions.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Thank's.

Does liking a post count as voting for it? What if it's multiple choices? Thanks.

Not usually. It can if the GM has decided to use like-votes, wherein each plan is liked based on who is voting for it, and then this id tallied up when the GM is ready to write, however, I see this only rarely, and to be honest, it always seemed sort of wasteful to me. In any case, it's not the default, and should not be assumed unless the GM specifies that it is what is in use. If in doubt, don't be afraid to ask someone in the thread.

Back