Hello friends! Ya'll got any useful resources for UFO lore?

Favorite bit of UFO lore

• The Flatwoods Monster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Hopskinville Goblins

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • MiBs

• Something else you should definitely tell op about

• Mothman Goes In Every Field

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

nightmareWork

mothman
I'm trying my hand at writing up some metaplot for a forum game and Aliens play a huuuuge role, I've been digging around and reading about American UFO lore since that's easiest for me to find, but I'm curious about other countries! Like I remember seeing footage of lights over Russia, but I don't know more beyond "There were some lights"

Any and everything you can toss my way is helpful, I've got spooks to make!

On my phone so I can't hit up my library, but back in the 90s I read Gods of Eden about abduction lore and Angels and Aliens (Thomkins?) about UFO mythology for an X-COM/X-Files crossover RPG campaign.

With a little more time now let me expand.

Gods of Eden is a fairly standard american tale of generational abductions like Streiber's Communion but with a more new-age bent. A woman tells of being abducted since she was a pre-teen giirl through her 40s and how the aliens passed on their feel-goody hippyness, but more importantly how they extracted ova to breed their spacey hybrid glowing super-babies she meets floating around her in the alien gardens. This was easy to adapt into 'aliens want our unborn' plot, just adjust their benevolence dial as you wish, then decide what those hybrids are doing now.

Angels and Aliens premise is that we've been meeting weird beings all through history and the greys are only the modern interpretation. The best take-away from this is to go deep into mythology; grab some fairy tales and slap some UFO paint on them. There's weird stuff out there and it fits much better than first glance would suggest. We have always been abducted by aliens, ask Rumpelstiltskin!

I also borrowed some from the plot of King's Firestarter. In that the protagonist is the child of some MKULTRA test subjects and one of my PCs was the daughter of an early X-COM psi test volunteer.

On my phone so I can't post an essay, but Google "Oakville WA 1994" for a bizarre true story.

Personally I have a weakness for the extensive mythos spun around the fake Majestic 12 documents. Not only was there a purported US governmental body for handling UFO incidents and covering up the Roswell Crash, but much like comic book fans trying to obsessively fit every single comic book into a single continuity, it's dragged into so many other UFO conspiracies to tie them together. Genera James H. Doolittle travels to Sweden to investigate Soviet launches from Peenemünde? James H. Doolittle was actually a member of Majestic 12 travelling to investigate UFOs in Sweden! And while in Sweden he apparently decided to detour to Svalbard to investigate a crashed Soviet rocket UFO because, you see, it's all connected. UFO abductions? Majestic 12 plot; they've made a deal with Zeta Reticulans to let them kidnap US citizens in return for advanced technology. Death of Secretary of Defence James Forestall? Majestic 12 plot.

Personally I have a weakness for the extensive mythos spun around the fake Majestic 12 documents. Not only was there a purported US governmental body for handling UFO incidents and covering up the Roswell Crash, but much like comic book fans trying to obsessively fit every single comic book into a single continuity, it's dragged into so many other UFO conspiracies to tie them together. Genera James H. Doolittle travels to Sweden to investigate Soviet launches from Peenemünde? James H. Doolittle was actually a member of Majestic 12 travelling to investigate UFOs in Sweden! And while in Sweden he apparently decided to detour to Svalbard to investigate a crashed Soviet rocket UFO because, you see, it's all connected. UFO abductions? Majestic 12 plot; they've made a deal with Zeta Reticulans to let them kidnap US citizens in return for advanced technology. Death of Secretary of Defence James Forestall? Majestic 12 plot.

My personal favourite, mostly because it's somewhat contemporary, is "Majestic-12 tricked Bush into invading Iraq so they could steal the Stargate from Saddam Hussein".

Well, then its time for me to get my hands on some MJ12 stuff... And maybe pick up an Icke book or two. Couldn't hurt to learn more about our Reptillian Overlords (ever may they be scaly)

Draw inspiration as needed. :V

Personally, this touches on some of my favorite UFO lore, which is that there's multiple kinds of aliens interested in our world, and some pull the strings more overtly (and evilly) than others.

@MJ12 Commando, I think someone's talking to you.
I think he's referring tot he famous (and almost certainly fake... if you believe the government) MJ12 documents, not the works of MJ12 the user.

...not that I would mind @MJ12 Commando showing up ofc

Last edited:
Back