Hagiography of the Sage-Kings as told by Lord Yu (SG-1 AU/Chinese History)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Synopsis: Tau'ri scholars have wondered for decades at the truth of the matter and now all is...
Title Page

Numen

Long Time Creeper
Synopsis: Tau'ri scholars have wondered for decades at the truth of the matter and now all is revealed. Renowned for his great personal sacrifices, lauded for his irrigation canals, honoured by all under Heaven. This is the story of the Goa'uld System Lord that was the reality behind the neolithic sage-kings, as told from his own mouth in his own words. Be still and hearken to the words of Yu the Great.

AU elements potentially involve slight adjustments to the timeline; and or widening the gap of uncertainty in historical estimations of neolithic Chinese history- this is not yet set in stone and there may alternate explanations for contradictions to the SG-1 timeline. There are other AU elements that will be slowly revealed.

Disclaimer: I do not own Stargate and all affiliated franchises. All artwork are actual art of the relevant subject whenever possible, sourced from museum websites, etc.

READ THIS spoiler if you have read some of these chapters in my anthology thread. I've made changes.
All references to Oma Desala has been switched over to another ascended being, Rándēng Dàorén, a Taoist interpretation of Dipankara Buddha, attested in the Ming Dynasty novel, the Investiture of the Gods. I felt it was appropriate and kept the whole setting further apart from the greater Stargate universe.

Part 1 has been rewritten to indicate that the Sarcophagus has been invented, but not made widely available to lesser Goa'ulds yet.

The AU label will still be applied because Ra was off planet and the Stargate was buried sometime before 3000 BC. In this AU, this occurred a couple centuries later as Yu was still here and kicking. By the conventional estimates, Fuxi reigned from 2852 BCE (some say he ruled 7000 years ago, which would be like 5000 BCE), which was already 150+ years after Ra was exiled. The exactness of the date has not been decided. Is Ra even on Earth or is he influencing events without using the Stargate directly? All of these questions are up in the air.

1. The Three Sovereigns

1. The Three Sovereigns

In the beginning there was as yet no moral or social order. Men knew their mothers only, not their fathers. When hungry, they searched for food; when satisfied, they threw away the remnants. They devoured their food hide and hair, drank the blood, and clad themselves in skins and rushes. Then came Fu Xi and looked upward and contemplated the images in the heavens, and looked downward and contemplated the occurrences on earth. He united man and wife, regulated the five stages of change, and laid down the laws of humanity. He devised the eight trigrams, in order to gain mastery over the world.
— Ban Gu, Baihu Tongyi (79 CE)

It all began with the Ancient known as Suiren- of course that was not his name, but that is what later historians called him and how else would you be able to correlate this information if I gave you strange names in mostly dead languages?

He was one of the Alterans left behind after his brethren escaped Earth following the great plague. Why was he left behind? That is a question we may never truly know, for he did not tell me- at least, not directly.

Who am I you ask? I did not really have a name, but these days I go by Yu, so that will have to suffice. I was a nobody at this time, just another goa'uld in an Unas, desperate for validation. When Ra discovered the Earth and began to assert his rule over it, I was one of the first to arrive to help him subjugate the natives. I was given dominion over the people of what was now the Asian continent.

"You shall go and make something of yourself," the System Lord had decreed and he left me there with but a handful of slaves (not Jaffa, for Pelops had yet to go around to creating them) and no advanced weapons to speak of.

That's right, Ra fully expected me to somehow subjugate the native species through guile and hard work. Ever has he been jealous of the Ancient Technologies he managed to decipher, and it took many centuries before we saw the technological might that defined the System Lord dominance over the entire Galaxy trickle down to lesser Goa'uld such as I.

But I am getting ahead of myself, we were talking about the Ancient Suiren…

It began, as all such things must, with the Man who discovered fire (or a better way of making fire at any rate). His name was Suiren and he was once a great poet. A poet wasn't especially useful in the wilderness of prehistoric Earth.

He did however taught the people of the Indus Valley how to better create fire by using the drilling wood technique. He may even have been worshipped by the people there as a proto-vedic figure (that doubtlessly later got conflated with one of the Asgard).

He then migrated to somewhere in China or near China (the specifics are not clear to me, it was not like he left much evidence) and taught the people there he's incredible achievement of drilling wood to make fire.

He did nothing of note for the rest of his long natural lifespan and died without being much remembered except in Tau'ri legends.

I may be a bit unfair here, but even we Goa'uld hold the Gatebuilders to a not inconsiderable amount of awe. I was fully expecting prehistoric Asia to be dominated by crystal cities and flying vehicles.

But no, when I showed up and saw for myself Suiren's great work, mud and straw huts was the height of technological innovation. Suiren did not even create houses. No, that honour went to the other Ancient that was left behind when Atlantis left.

His name was Youchao. Much like Suiren he went around and taught the primitive humans how to build tree houses to protect themselves from dangerous predators that roamed the prehistoric jungles. Later on humans became more bold and lived in simple proto-villages of mud houses and caves.

By now, you my dear reader may be thinking- how did these pathetic people ever ruled the Galaxy? Well, I am not trying to judge too harshly, they did build the Stargates after all. And more importantly, they interbred with the locals and many humans bear their genes, including some of my best and most important hosts later on.

So where did I come in? I don't. Not yet. It's important to talk about my predecessor. The so-called mother of humanity, the great serpent goddess, the sky-mender, the first sage-queen.

Nuwa came first.

She was a Goa'uld Queen that served Ra in a feudalistic relationship. Not particularly talented in any field, but she was a good ruler in the truly Goa'uld way. Let me remind you all that at this time the Goa'uld were still quite primitive. Nuwa still remembered her time being spawned in the homeworld and she tend to administrate her people with the mentality of a territorial predator.

The primitive humans of this time were actually hominids that survived the Great Deluge caused by Enlil over in the Middle-East. Enlil screwed up badly suffice to say.

Nuwa ruled over a Matriarchy of early humans. These people…ate meat raw, walked around naked and have a lot of sex. Not nearly as brilliant as their cro-magnon cousins, these early hominids did not really had problems with incest because Nuwa had not bothered teaching the mechanics of sexual reproduction. To these hominids, childbirth was magical and thus women were held in high esteem because of their godlike ability to bring forth life. Men were just good for sex and setting traps for small animals and were held to little significance. I think the Greeks over in Chronos' domain had a similar situation during their semi-mythical Silver Age, where the men were under the dominion of their mothers.

I had entertained the likely possibility that Nuwa may not have been aware of how bi-gendered reproduction work given that she was a Goa'uld Queen and the process for her generation of Queens was very independent. I know in some other ancient human societies that developed elsewhere in the galaxy some believed that it was the seeds of men that brought forth life and the womb was merely a host. They were both horrifically wrong, but that was the natural sociological result of one gender dominating the culture.

After Ra sent me over here I had to relieve her of command so to speak. It was difficult negotiating with the dangerous looking woman who I knew was very very old and cunning (I said she was feral, not that she was stupid) and would probably rip out my throat if I said the wrong thing. Yes. She was more instinct and less scholarly. I am atypical for Goa'uld and a near feral Goa'uld Queen was basically my polar opposite. This meeting could go very wrong for me.

She lounged on a pile of animal bones and was surrounded by worshipful hominids who carried primitive bone weapons. Firepits casted the clearing in a sinister light as my guards and I approached.

The primitives hissed fearfully.

Demon they said- well, close enough, in such ancient cultures as this, gods and demons were more or less the same so I could hardly take that as an insult. Other primitives said I was a dragon, the proto-dragon conception that is, the classic iconography of the Chinese dragon did not developed until I united the Five Tribes in a later incarnation.

Again I am getting ahead of myself.

Nuwa stepped forth to meet me, her dark eyes and young female curves glinting under the orange glow of nearby embers and she gave me a nod. Her two female guards growled in the darkness, holding aloft plasma weapons. Ra gave her plasma weapons, but not me. I was jealous and somewhat furious, let me tell you that much.

She spoke to me in Goa'uld, the sibilant clicks and serpentine hissing a poor imitation of our original tongue (or the dialect of it that became popular. The Goa'uld languages were incredibly diverse, but basically only one was actually used by those who managed to travel the stars.

"Ra sent you?"

I nodded solemnly with my thick Unas neck and grinned, baring my fangs. Nuwa flinched. She was quite paranoid and those feral instincts probably didn't help her much.

"Yes, I am to take over...Lordship of this continent, to develop the civilization here as other great Lords of our kind have elsewhere. Is there a problem with that, Nuwa?"

She shook her head and growled in frustration.

"Alas, I am too old to properly bother with maintaining my territory, and I would not dare draw the ire of Ra."

She then gestured for a boy to be brought forth. He was a young man, handsome by the standards of this hominid species, with the protruding skull structure common to his kind.

"This is the brother of my host, Fuxi. You shall take his body."

I shrugged, knowing that this was coming. In order to properly foster this fledgling civilization, it was important to live amongst them.

I emerged from the mouth of my current host and the crowd gasped, many dropping to their knees in reverence. Doubtlessly they knew that Nuwa's true form was the serpent within and when they saw the same in me, it was validation of my holiness.

As I left, I left behind a deadly toxin that made my Unas host crumbled to the ground in agony. Unfortunate, but it had to be done lest a beast of pure destructive potential began to run around unchecked- especially when I doubt Nuwa would be willing to help put him down.

I entered Fuxi and immediately wrapped myself around his spine and wormed my way into his consciousness. He did not resist, but embraced me wholeheartedly. It was not what I had expected. This species was very different from an Unas. In many ways it was much weaker. And yet in other ways it was so incredibly robust and powerful.

In his mind however, I saw how clever Fuxi was. He was a genius by the standards of humanity, he had made independent empirical evaluations that was beginning to look like mathematics. He had discovered a new way of spinning wool. He had questioned whether men played a role in reproduction. By the gods (the ancient nearly forgotten goa'uld gods that is), he was probably smarter than Nuwa! The irony did not escape me.

And so, in front of the people (numbering no more than a thousand really), she decreed that I was to be their new ruler. The womenfolk did not take to this with much warmth, god I may be, but I was still only a man, and thus not worth much. They rejected my authority, did not listen to me. Nuwa only watched in amusement as I haphazardly tried to seize command, but they ignored me.

It took me many months, but finally, I decided that it was time to break the power of the Matriarchy. I taught them about sexual reproduction. The women, especially the older grandmothers did not believe me. They scoff and mocked my thesis.

So I challenged them to test that theory. I had a young maiden go without sex for many months, to prove that she was not pregnant. This did not please her, but during that time, I provided her with free high quality meat stuff from some kind of small furry mammal.

After demonstrating so, I then allowed her to have sex with just one man- some boy she was infatuated with for awhile. And months later, she showed signs of pregnancy. The matriarchs still did not believe me and Nuwa continued to look amused from the entrance of her supposedly holy cave. I will wipe that smug smile off of her face.

I called for more experiments, more demonstrations- slowly but surely, women and men put two plus two together and came to the correct conclusion. The older females began to slowly lose their influence and status as the younger generation came to accept that it took both genders to make a child.

The next step towards civilization was completed when I instituted marriage. Granted this wasn't anything new to a considerable chunk of homo sapiens and other hominid species, but this particular group were somewhat more primitive so the idea of mating exclusivity never really occurred to them before.

Leading by example, I took Nuwa as my wife. This was ordained by Ra. He commanded it and we could only obey. Don't judge me, we didn't plan to have children nor will we ever actually touch each other (I think she may had me killed if I did), so there's nothing to worry about. Besides, we're Goa'uld, this is only natural for us, any other mate I took would die before I did so there was no point. The other Goa'uld system lords have done the same and worst with their siblings or pseudo-siblings. We absolutely do not condone incest for anyone else- this was an exclusive purview of the gods and blessed by the "One God"- Shangdi (aka, Ra) as far as the humans were concerned.

What happened next was a period of great innovation as I taught the people mathematics and astronomy using hexagrams and trigrams. I had always loved mathematics and actually enjoyed teaching the humans. The way their eyes lit up when they grasped the system I taught made me satisfied in ways that killing rival Goa'uld just couldn't fulfill.

I should note that Fuxi and my relationship were very mutual. In a way, I was more of a Tok'ra in this early time then the Tok'ra themselves could possibly believe. Fuxi was curious about me, so I opened myself up to him and convinced him that we were now one flesh and one mind. It was even kind of true. I would often ask him for advice, sometimes, when I retreat deep into my mind to contemplate upon a particular theorem or another, I allowed Fuxi to control his own body freely.

One day, Fuxi was curious about the leaves that changed colours. I explained that they do so because of a biological reaction to seasonal changes. I decided to challenge him a bit. The people here were still bereft of true clothing, they wore animal pelts on the occasion, but more often than not went completely naked. To get this civilization off the ground, I needed them to think of ways of advancing that was not reliant upon hunting small game. They barely had the tools needed to hunt big game- this wasn't something early humans did much. The romanticized view of noble humans hunting mammoths wasn't correct- such hunts formed early legends and while highly celebrated, rarely occurred.

Why yes, I am quite the anthropologist, does that surprise you?

I told Fuxi, You must create clothing from leaves, so that everyone, not just the best warriors, can enjoy the warmth and protection of clothing.

It will also help create a sense of modesty, but that was also part of developing civilization. Could not be helped. Fuxi nodded and obeyed the voice of what he thought was God without question. He gathered up the leaves and contemplated upon them before taking them back to his hut.

He worked on his project for many months until Spring came around again. He gathered green leaves this time and using threads made from human hair, he made a cheap kind of clothing from leaves that he hung around his private parts.

I was quite proud of him. Truly he was a great host.
Nuwa became more and more disillusioned with her place in our growing and changing society. She saw the erection of bamboo palisades that protect the village we lived in and finally threw up her hands in disgust. Perhaps she was too old to keep with all of the changes- it happened to some of the older Goa'uld, the ones who still thought like predators.

"I am leaving."

I was bewildered and asked her, "Where will you go?"

"Somewhere I can fight and die in glory."

Truly Nuwa was old school. Old Goa'uld like her were not quite like us. I respected her greatly and even came to love her somewhat, although I doubt she was capable of such feelings. Not for the first time I felt sorrow at the emotional failings of our species. Was it because we were predators or because we were parasites?

Perhaps it was for these reason that I almost joined Egeria in her rebellion later on. But that is a story for another time.

Nuwa called for an early type of Ha'tak and left the First World forever. The people mourned her departure, but also worshipped their ancient leader in awe. Sacrifices were made to her and they were convinced she watches over them still.

I/Fuxi taught the people many more things, including fishing and hunting bigger game. We designed better weapons for the people. To my annoyance, Ra still had not seen fit to gift me advanced weapons. There was some tension going on with the Middle-Eastern pantheons and doubtlessly he did not want to arm me in case I proved troublesome.

I/Fuxi built an open air temple complex using great stone and we organized sacrifices to Heaven. To Kheb, the Goa'uld afterlife, to the highest plane where the ascended now reside. Even I knew some secrets of the Ancient Ascension rites and carefully studied what little data there was available on the subject in my personal computational devices. Alas, there was too little to make much headway.

Fuxi had attempted early agriculture, but I did not have the training to help him pull that off successfully. It would take another to properly teach agriculture.

In Fuxi's later years, well above the average for humanity, I found myself a successor. I needed a successor because at this time the Sarcophagus was not yet made available to the lower Goa'uld like myself. Even then, I was suspicious of the thing- call me a skeptic. I was right about it of course, but by then, it would be too late. At the time, I decided I would not torture my host's lifespan beyond that which they can endure and it also follows the established theme of mortal rulership, so I allow them to rest in the comfort of retirement as I switch to new hosts.

Shennong came before me and I leapt into his throat. Like Fuxi, Shennong was a genius amongst his people and he was able to deduce the mistakes I've made with my current agriculture projects and propose logical corrections. He also had a most strange mutation- a translucent skin over his stomach area, exposing his digestive systems for all to see. His organs were also translucent, which was eery. It turned out he was a type of Hok'tar, an advanced human, for he also had the uncanny ability to manipulate plant life. I was glad to have Shennong as a host. Under his reign, the people would rise in population and grow more advanced very quickly.

Fuxi, now old and feeble was accorded a place of honour where he lived for many years before dying. The great genius passed in his sleep and Heaven and Earth shook at his passing. Well, it didn't, but at this time, I had also discovered poetry or at least, the concept of a rhyme scheme and it helped me deal with my sadness at his death.

I/Shennong performed a funerary rite to speed his journey into the heavens. The other Goa'uld believed themselves to be gods and did not believe in powers greater than they. I was sincere in my faith however and prayed alongside the other humans as we grieved for their leader.

I was no longer Fuxi. I am now Shennong. This was not a contradiction, for although I have all of Fuxi's memories, I was not Fuxi. Never again will I be able to make the intuitive leaps that he was capable of.

Oh, God or the Ancient Goa'uld deities or Ancients or whatever being reside in that highest realm- do what you can for Fuxi's soul.

To my shock, an elderly man appeared before me, dressed in robes of purest green and touched Fuxi's body. He smiled at me and said the most shocking thing.

"My name is Rándēng Dàorén. I have heard and heeded your prayer. I shall help Fuxi ascend, for he is a sage and a Hok'tar."

And the two of them- Fuxi's corpse and the Ascended Ancient became balls of brilliant light and ascended into the heavens.

I gaped, shocked to my very core. They were real. They truly existed. The Ascended were real. My faith was validated.

At that moment, there was only one thing I ever truly wanted. I wanted to ascend. I vowed to myself I will attain this impossible goal.

Perhaps it will amuse you to know that my interactions with the Chinese civilization inadvertently caused a significant portion of the sages of those people to ascend. Alas, I doubt I will ever reach ascendence because of the events that happened later- but most of my hosts for when I lived on Earth has ascended.

Shennong, as some of you fine Tau'ri scholars may realize, was also the person who discovered tea and early Chinese medicine. By examining the effect of plants on his digestive system and the colouring of his organs, I/Shennong was able to decipher many secrets of plant life. Again, I had no medical training and could not simply advance the civilization I was cultivating at a whim- the Goa'uld had perfect health and never became sick after all.

One day, Shennong poisoned himself when he ingested a particularly toxic strain of plant life- it was not the plant itself, but the deadly virus within. Even though he was a host, he was not immune to the poison. It was a genetically engineered poison, designed to assassinate me!

I was furious and aghast that Shennong died because one of my fellow Goa'uld had tried to poison me. Doubtlessly some Lord who wanted to weaken Ra's powerbase decided to strike out at his subordinate over here. To think that even on the other side of the globe, the game of thrones they were playing had repercussions that reached out to a backwater civilization like mine.

I suspected Apophis or Apep. Perhaps they were trying and grab a piece of Asia for themselves? I had heard rumours of some forgotten cache of Alteran technologies left behind on this continent, perhaps that was what they were after. The truth of this matter would become evident later on.

I was forced to leave the dying Shennong's body and took his son for a host. His son was not a Hok'tur and did not possess his father's intelligence, but I made do with him as Chieftain over the tribe. The tribe now called Shennong.

At Shennong's funeral, Rándēng Dàorén came again, appearing like the true god that he was. Again he resurrected my former host and allowed him to ascend. I was not jealous this time. For my failure to protect Shennong, I felt that he definitely deserved the peace of a higher existence.

And so I lived a full life in Shennong's son. And his son after that. And after that. They were not as brilliant as Shennong, not as 'advanced'- they were no Hok'tar. It was telling in that Rándēng Dàorén did not appear to help Shennong's descendents ascend.

The tribe grew large and powerful. We transition into a fully agricultural civilization and controlled many villages and towns over a large territory centred around the Sheep's Head Mountains in what would be Baoji in Shaanxi Province. Occasionally we fought off other barbarian tribes that tried to intrude into our hunting grounds. It was interesting that the majority of them were still centred around hunting small game and foraging for food. They were not as advanced as ours.

Many of them were also Homo Sapiens, and not the hominids species that the Shennong Tribe was. The genetic makeup of the Shennong Tribe soon changed however, as we expanded and defeated neighbouring tribes, we absorbed them into our polity. They shared their seed with our women and our men shared their seed with theirs and we became one people. Slowly, the modern Homo Sapiens emerged as they emerged everywhere else due to miscegenation.

Now more politically powerful and ruling over many people, my hosts and I- The Shennong Chieftains- styled ourselves the Flame Kings. Why flame? Because we implemented the use of fire in agriculture. Slash-and-burn agriculture was an advanced counter-intuitive technique whereby farmers set fire to a forest or area with high concentration of plant life. By doing this, the soil becomes rich with nutrients much as a natural forest fire would revitalize the forests to come.

In these nutrient rich fields we planted many different kinds of crop. The cycle feeds into itself and our population doubled, and then tripled. Later Chinese historians would call us the Flaming Emperor, Yandi. And in time, some myths consider us to be one individual who reigned for five-hundred years although that was definitely not the case.

The reign of the Flame Emperors came to an end when my next Hok'tar host, The Yellow Emperor would appear. At that time, my political enemies who were aligned against Ra over in the Middle-East would strike at my territory and a great war would happen.

And I still haven't gotten truly advanced weapons technology from Ra. This would soon change.

I find myself now quite thirsty, would you like some tea, Dr. Jackson?

To be continued.

Last edited:
2. The Red Emperor and the Yellow Emperor
2. The Red Emperor and the Yellow Emperor
Shaodian's wife Youjiao gave birth to the Yellow Emperor near the Ji River and the Yan Emperor next to the Jiang River which accounted for their different temperaments. Although Shaodian preceded the Yellow and Yan emperors, he was not their father.
-Author Unknown, Discourses of the States (4th century BCE)

During the time of Huangdi, Shennong's descendants declined. Hong Sheng and the Yan emperor were descended from Shennong. They both possessed comprehensive knowledge. Five hundred years elapsed from Shennong to the time of the Yellow and Yan emperors. The Yan emperor was the last generation; Shennong, Shaodian, the Flame Emperors, and Huangdi all preceded him.
-Sima Qian, Records of the Grand Historian (94 BCE)

How would one describe Huangdi, The Yellow Emperor? He was arguably my most famous host- more famous than even Yu the Great, whose identity and name I still maintain to this day. Of course to call any of them an Emperor or even just a King was laughable. Those are posthumous titles, for in reality, they were really just Great Chieftains. Of course, there wasn't much of a difference between a Chieftain and a King in those ancient days.

Born Gongsun Xuanyuan (or however it was pronounced in the languages of the day), Huangdi's ancestors was not native to Asia. In fact, his blond hair and blues eye should clearly tell you that he was an Indo-European from the steppes. His ancestors were nomads, as many of the Aryan people are, for there was some Aryan incursion into Asia proper, however it was extremely limited and Xuanyuan's tribe was one of the only ones to have survived to the time of the Flame Emperors. Now most Chinese historians would disagree with this assessment- I can see the doubt in your eyes as well, Dr. Jackson, but it is the unconventional truth. I have accessed some of your local intranet and here, the scholar Chang Tsung-tung from Taiwan have studied the Old Chinese language and have indicated possible Indo-European influences. Proof however flimsy, if my word was not enough for you.

Xuanyuan was also kin to the Shennong Tribe, albeit not directly. Shaodian the son of Youxiong was a chieftain of a different tribe, his wife was mother to one of the Yan Emperors (my host at the time), but Shaodian was neither of their fathers, but their stepfather. Their mother, who was blond haired and blue-eyed had lain with different men under different circumstance- doubtlessly Tau'ri historians are uncertain of what happened, but it was complicated and involved a lot of politics and a kidnapping or two. The Yan Emperor of the time and the Yellow Emperor were half-brothers, and it was this kinship that allowed them to reconcile their differences and later unite. But that came later.

As a Hok'tar as well, but not a Goa'uld, Xuanyuan used his enhanced abilities to lead his tribe to great victories as their war chief, like me, he was able to build a similar advanced polity in the Asian mainland, one rivalling that of the Flame Emperors, albeit more focused on war and less on farming. You must understand that at this time there are hundreds if not thousands of disparate tribes roaming the lands of what would become China, many with their own ethnicities and languages- there was no such thing as a Chinese people, let alone a Chinese State. All of this came later.

Of these, three main tribal polities were the most prominent. Xuanyuan's Multiple Tribes which was constantly expanding. I/Shennong's Tribe, which had expanded from the Guanzhong Plain in the west, across the Loess Plateau before migrating east beyond the Taihang Mountains.

Here our main rivals were Chiyou's tribe, also known as the Jiuli or Nine-Li tribes. The Horned Chief Chiyou was another Hok'tar and he was actually a Goa'uld Lord serving Apophis. Much more powerful than me, Chiyou and his Nine-Li tribes conquered and ruled over 81 Clans with horns and four eyes (some sort of helmet central to whatever culture he actually was)- many whose ethnicities today still claim descent from him. some Koreans consider him a King of their ancestors. Some later myth would claim that these were his "brothers." As you can see, Both the forces of the Red Emperor (another name for me) and the Yellow Emperor were hopelessly outmatched against the dominance of that great tyrant.

You might wonder why Chiyou did not use advanced technology to wipe out the other tribes that opposed him. The truth was that Apophis could not gave Chiyou truly advanced weapons- to do so would force Ra to escalate by giving me advanced weapons. Thus, Apophis intended for Chiyou to act as his proxy against me- the proxy of Ra in Asia.

That was what it was, a proxy war between Ra and Apophis, outsourced to their respective subordinates for the fate of the Asian mainland. Great Goa'uld Lords such as they dare not flex their powers too directly, lest it leads to the total destruction of Earth and our human slaves.

My warriors wielded barely serviceable stone weapons and the occasionally iron tools I managed to beg from Ra. Turns out, being a Goa'uld who was good at math did not made me automatically know how to smith advanced iron weapons- the irony is incredible, but the Goa'uld never used iron weapons. We went from barely animals straight to the space age, as a result, there are many many things we do not know how to do.

In those dawning days, I myself wielded a jade sword (more of a dagger, gladius like in nature)- an incredible achievement considering how hard Jade was to polish, the effort called for laborious abrasion with coarse sands. It was a good thing I had many loyal servants who were also talented craftsmen. The hardiness of jade as a "powerful" stone age weapon and the difficulty involved with making jewelry and weapon out of it made jade one of the most precious materials to the fledgling proto-sinic civilization.

See here? This Jade talisman is an antique, I've worn it since the days of Yao. No, you may not examine it- I must admit I have included gold circuitry and other technological components into it to make it a tool. It would be improper for me to hand over a potential weapon to you Dr. Jackson, although we are presently in an alliance.

Where was I? Ah yes. The War against Chiyou. That bastard was a beast of a man, almost twice the height of even my well-fed warriors, his enhanced strength and power was due to his Goa'uld nature. He wore a mighty helm with wicked bull-horns that curved upwards as it could pierce the heavens. His eyes glowed (because he is a goa'uld). Legend tend to depict him with goat legs like a satyr, but of course that's ridiculous. Much like Fuxi, these ancient figures sometimes have icons that depict them as part animal, part humans. It is a credit that even the earliest Chinese historians separated fact from popular myth, although the commoners may think otherwise as they were less educated.

As my elite warriors marched against Chiyou, numbering a thousand strong we were treated to a dismaying sight. Chiyou's forces numbered five-thousand strong. In those days, that number would have been legendary beyond comprehension and it wasn't even his full force. Even now, I remember how my hands shook and my host had to actually calm me down. My host, ignorant that he was, probably did not realize that I wasn't some kind of holy spirit in his head and thus believed that even if he died, he'd be fine.

I had no such delusions because I knew exactly what I am: A parasite that was about to crushed by a much stronger parasite. Armed with a jade sword did not bring me comfort. It is ironic that sitting in a Ha'tak and ordering the bombardment of my enemies from orbit brings one comfort and standing in the mud fighting against vastly superior foes made me tremble.

Blood and viscera flew. My host's superior strength made me more than a match for the Nine-Li warriors, but my warriors were slaughtered like wild boar trapped in a spike pit. The left flank of my army collapsed as Chiyou lead the charge to cut right through my soldiers. I ended up on the wrong side of the battlefield, separated from the main splinter of my forces. My loyal vassals did their best to defend me but were cut down by the rival Goa'uld.

He was like a dark mountain, ready to grind me into dust and cast me into the Yellow Springs of the Underworld. The irony here is that the Yellow Emperor was also a Chthonic deity of the later Wufang Shandi theological doctrines and I really was cast in his direction after- if you'll excuse my language- I got my ass kicked hard. I only lived because with a roar, my warriors charged and came between me and the demon. To my shame, I managed to escape, leaving them to die and ordered a retreat.

We retreated back to one of my villages- but by the evening, Chiyou had come again. We evacuated as many people as we could, but it wasn't fast enough. Those men we left behind were mercilessly executed, the women raped and the children enslaved. The fates of other tribes were similar and our farmlands were set aflame- what did Chiyou, goa'uld bastard that he was care for agriculture? He was a great warrior and tactician and I respected him for that, but few humans valued agriculture, let alone goa'uld. The ones who did all eventually ended up as System Lords, which just goes to show that intelligence actually matters.

I had no choice but to retreat to my host's half-brother, Xuanyuan's territory. Xuanyuan's father's tribe was no friend of ours and shared no kinship with us. The gold-haired barbarians from the steppes wielded strange weapons and worshipped deities inspired by their ancestral interaction with the Asgard. Oh how it grated my soul that I count the seeds of Odin and Thor amongst my people- but they became family later down the road.

As I retreated into his territory, Xuanyuan interpreted my forces as an invading army and consequently carried out ambushes and attacks. Three major battles occurred, each time we managed to fight off Xuanyuan's forces, but only barely. This was considered the first large scale battle in Chinese history because of the scales involved, our entire people was migrating, not just warriors, so even the boys took up arms to do battle. We lost all three engagements.

After the final battle, the ones the historians call the Battle of Banquan, I knew we were done for. Our people were tired, hungry and demoralized and that's when I realized what I had to do.

I surrendered.

I was brought before Xuanyuan and I told him how he and I are kin, and that our ancestor, the Great Shennong was the heir of the likes of Suiren, Youchao, Nuwa and Fuxi- ascended beings (with the exception of Nuwa, who mostly disappeared from Goa'uld history). They were great ancestors that brought so much to our people and was our legacy. In me, I told him, was the mandate of heaven, held in reserve for one that was worthy (that is to say, a Hok'tar like him). The term wasn't exactly that, but it was a similar idea. I was the cosmic ordained order and Xuanyuan recognizes that. He knew the legends of his ancestors as well as I.

So he accepted to become my host. I transferred my real self into Xuanyuan and my former host capitulated and recognized Xuayuan as overlord of both of our tribes. We became the Yanhuang Tribe. To this day, the Chinese refer to themselves Yanhuang Zisun (Descendants of Yan and Huang). The people of my star empire still calls themselves that, and it pleases me so. Now united, our tribes could began to fight back against Chiyou who grew envious of our great size.

You must know that at this time Xuanyuan already had many tribes under his dominion. These tribes were named for the totems they had. The armies of Yellow Emperor, under the totems of the black bear, the brown bear, the pixiu, the leopard and the tiger. Us Shennong-Tribesmen did not really have our own totem, and so Xuanyuan and I agreed to adapt the snake as our Totem, though of course I intended for the snake to actually represent a Goa'uld- namely myself.

We stacked the totems together and set out to conquer all of the nearby tribes. We knew that Chiyou was coming and we needed to unite all of the people in Banquan in order to drive him off. So off we went, conquering one tribe after another, adding more and more totems.

Those totems you see, ended up becoming the Chinese Dragon. The Han Dynasty scholar Wang Fu describe the Dragon with antlers that resemble those of a stag, a head that of a camel, eyes like those of a demon, neck like that of a snake, his belly like that of a clam, his scales like those of a carp, his claws like those of an eagle, his soles those of a tiger, his ears those of a cow. Such a creature you see, is clearly chimeric and was so describe because of the United Totems of all our peoples.

This confederation of the dragon was known as the Huaxia and is another name for the Chinese Han people or the Chinese state. My people.

The War Chief of the newly founded Huaxia Confederation can now call upon greater numbers of warriors in the ten-thousand range and this terrifies Chiyou who was pressured by Apophis to conquer us all (and doubtlessly have me roasted alive over a fire pit). This might seem very dire to you, but Apophis was just having a nice game with Ra. These great Goa'uld Lords bonded over skirmishes that might seem like a big deal to a lowly subordinate like me and Chiyou but ultimately meant nothing to their kind.

The battle here would determine the fate of China. This was called the Battle of Zhuolu in present day Zhuolu, Hebei Province. Here, Horned Chiyou was granted the use of limited advanced technology by Apophis. As a result, Ra saw fit to equip me with similar weapons. It would be sung of in poem as one of the most legendary battles of all time. And of course, I got to ride in a war chariot, which was an innovation that Xuanyuan favoured.

As the sun rose, the Yellow Emperor rode to war amidst an ancient war machine, a Kara kesh worn over one hand, ready to cast powerful sorceries upon the battlefield of neolithic China.

To be continued.

A/N: The Indo-European hypothesis was a huge stretch and is a minority opinion regarding the origins of the Yellow Emperor- it claimed he was a blond haired nomad from the steppes (or at least, one of their gods, which would have made him an Asgard). I myself am a descendent of the Huaxia people, but I also have actual Aryan heritage, so I thought it was interesting to explore the possibilities proposed by Chung. Any of the many ethnicities that does claim Lord Chiyou as an ancestor, please keep in mind I am not trying to offend.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff here, a great blend of ancient chinese history and Goa'uld lore.

I will point out that the word Goa'uld is already plural, so there is no need to tack an 's' at the end.

3. The Battle of Zhuolu
A/N: Reminder that Yandi, Yan Emperor, Red Emperor and Flame Emperor all referred to the same person and that Chief, Chieftain, King and Emperor refers to the same title.

3. The Battle of Zhuolu

Tau'ri historians regard the Confederation to have been forged after Zhuolu, some might argue for a pre-battle union. To be clear the establishment of the Huaxia Agricultural Confederacy and the Battle of Zhuolu occurred nearly simultaneously- we recruited as many tribes and warriors as we could get our hands on. Be sure to put this into your book Dr. Jackson, I want my readers to know as much of the truth as possible.​

The combined army of the Red and Yellow Emperors numbered 15,000 warriors, armed with mostly neolithic age weapons made of stone and sharpened bone. Chiyou on the other hand, managed to accrue 26,000 warriors as they march towards the plains of Zhuolu. This was a battle meant for song and poetry.

What Chiyou's Nine-Li tribes particularly dangerous was their use of forged weapons- you heard that right. Mostly bronze weapons, but still notoriously more powerful than anything the Yanhuang Tribes had previously utilized in large numbers.

So, in summary, I/Huangdi were outnumbered and outgunned. About the only advantaged I have going for me was that I have a kara-kesh and farming. Beware the power of farming, Chiyou! Yes that would have gone over well, I am sure he would have cowered. It wasn't looking too good for us.

On the day of battle, I/Huangdi and the chiefs of the many individual clans and tribes rode forth to battle in war chariots pulled by oxen and goats. An Aryan charioteer trained for the task steered each chariot- for none of us non-aryans had much experience with a chariot. We chiefs concerned ourselves with the task of sticking the sharp ends of our spears and swords into the flesh of our enemies.

Chiyou also road a chariot into battle- to this day I am uncertain from whence the bastard learned the art, I half expected his chariot to be an advanced goa'uld vehicle and the oxen pulling it was just for show. His 26,000 swarm stood on the hill opposite ours. A valley stretches out before us- there wasn't really any cover, it was a just a plain killing field, as was typical of battlefields of those day.

I/Huangdi ordered my chariot ahead alone. Chiyou did the same. It may be hard for you to believe, but we Goa'uld had always been mighty warriors. There was absolutely no reason to be dishonourable even for a race of parasites who had ascended to godhood (by the definitions of some cultures anyway).

"Lord Chiyou," I spoke curtly, the ancient proto-Sinic languaged rolled off my tongues. I blew a strand of yellow hair out of my vision, as if it had sought to protect me from the sight of the horned king before me.

Chiyou snarled and spoke with contempt, "Lord Xuanyuan. Or was it Shennong? I never really grasp why you change your mantles so frequently, most of us Goa'uld stick with one or two identities at most. It makes makes people doubt in your godhood."

I declined to try to assert my non-divinity, for one it would have been confusing for my host to witness this, for another, Chiyou attitude was rubbing me the wrong way, but I had to try for diplomacy.

"Lord Chiyou, it is obvious to the both of us that this is a proxy war between greater powers than either of us- I should warn you that I have a Kara-Kesh- a weapon reserved for the likes of the Great Gods themselves. It is more than a match for your staff-weapon."

Chiyou's eyes gazed worriedly upon the hand device wrapped around my hand and frowned.

"I see."

There was a pause. This was giving me hope, for I thought perhaps he may retreat. He was ambitious and ruthless, but like many Goa'uld (myself included), we were somewhat cowardly. It comes with the parasitical instincts passed down by our mothers. The Queens were slightly more bold due to their larger size and greater predatory nature in the swaps of the homeworld, which explained Nuwa's boldness, but I was no Queen and neither was Chiyou.

I thought wrong, obviously. Kara-kesh might be mighty, but I was still outnumbered and the Horned Lord knows it. Chiyou smirked and raised his arms and made a gesture with his hands. His soldiers stepped aside and giants marched through to strand at the front ranks of his army.

I cursed and invoked the names of deities, some of which are my direct superiors ("By Ra and Apep!") and some of which are of the Ascended ("By Heaven!").

Horned Chiyou had allied himself with the small but mighty Kua-Fu Tribe. The Kua-Fu people were actually an outpost of genetically engineered "giant" warriors that was dumped in Asia after their ancestor Kua-Fu was destroyed by Ra for daring to rebel. In Tau'ri legends, Kua-Fu was a Giant who sought to capture the Sun- you can figure out for yourself the truth of how this myth developed. From what our scouts and spies were able to report from the rival Goa'uld Lord's camps, Chiyou himself held a mighty staff-weapon that spat forth "fire and lightning" and incinerated man.

These genetically engineered warriors may be considered as a precursor to modern Jaffas. A proto-Jaffa if you will and very dangerous even if they were not using advanced technology. Those stone slabs they carry seemed like they would kill a lot of my people.

We glared at each other, glowing eyes to glowing eyes and finally broke off to retreat to our own respective sides of the battlefield.

My warriors gazed nervously over at the towering brutes that were almost twice as tall as the average man of this age and the army that outnumbered them by 10,000 men. I tried to think of something to say, something inspirational.

It was hard. Honestly, typically a modern Goa'uld could get away with something like, "Die for the glory of your god, Jaffa Kree!" An ancient Goa'uld usually tries slightly harder to be inspirational, but the message was pretty much the same.

I wasn't like other Goa'uld, the mantles I hold was also different. I had to consider the thematic appropriateness of my message and in that moment it came to me.

"Men of the Yanhuang! Men of the Huaxia! Our ancestors lived hard lives fighting amongst ourselves and struggling to forage for food and game- but the Sage-Kings, the mighty divine chieftans Nuwa, Fuxi, Shennong give us science and math, agriculture and holy rites to separate us from the barbarians!"

I pointed my spear- a modified farming hoe- at Chiyou.

"The Horned King Chiyou and his mighty host are but men, devoid of the blessings of the gods and an avatar of chaos and darkness! His people pillage and murder- he is without order and righteousness. He may have 81 clans, but none of them are his friends, but his slaves! He is not a confederation. His people does not have a voice. Heaven does not condone him or his actions."

I gestured to myself.

"I am Heaven. I have the Mandate of Heaven. I am the divinely ordained Chieftain, chosen by the people to lead this confederation to victory so that our way of life- of rites and order will prevail over the tyranny of unjust military aggression!"

The men roared, raising their modified farming equipment and chanting endlessly, a sea of warriors decreeing my title that later became my name.

"Huangdi! Huangdi! Huangdi!"

The Yellow God. The Yellow Sovereign. The Yellow Emperor. The name has many meanings and I raised weapon and roared.

"To War! For God and Righteousness!"

By God I of course meant Shandi, the Shang ancestral supreme being, who was also regarded directly as the ancestors of the Chieftain-King-Emperors. Shangdi was regarded as the cosmic Dragon, Ku who was also another early way of describing qi- the infinite energy that flows from the Ascended Planes down into the world of gross material form. And by righteousness and order, I meant the ineffable Dao. However, neither Shangdi nor Dao were terms that had developed yet, my descendents, the Xia and the Shang would develop the characteristic and nomenclature of the Chinese One God to it's logical conclusion- only to be conflated with the Zhou interpretation, Tian (Heaven). It is Lao-Tzu who would give name to the ineffable order that we Huaxia believe in, naming it the Dao, but that occurred in the Eastern Zhou Dynasty, much much later.

For now, in this pre-dynastic period, the idea was much simpler. The God of our ancestors needed us to fight so we can protect ourselves from the depredation of Chaos and tyranny. Our religion was shamanistic, our ideas simple in comparison to the theologies of later- but we knew that there was a divine power that flowed in the cosmos and that it dicated cosmic order. Great Shamans called Wu allow us to commune with the Ascended and our gods were not deities in the Aryan fashion, but holy man, sages and shamans.

No Shaman was greater than the Shaman King. Myself, I/Huangdi was that Shaman King- the bridge between Heaven and Earth. I was Chieftain and Shaman all in one. The ultimate power and thus central to the Huaxia religion. My divinity was true because I had glowing eyes (aka, Goa'uld host) mystical powers (Hok'tar abilities and advanced technology), wisdm (advanced scientific and sociological knowledge) and approved by the cosmic powers- depending on interpretation, that could be Ra or the Ascended, with the latter truly only approving of my hosts. I myself was a useful tool, but I do not think they like me up there very much.

It is this ineffable order that makes us fight Chiyou. I myself did not understand it at the time, but at some level, beyond just serving Ra's purpose, I knew I could not let my efforts here be defeated by a barbaric brute who was interested in only war and conquest. I was not a typical Goa'uld and I believed the civilization I would build would be undeniably superior.

I ordered my Charioteer to pull me forward. Likewise in the distance, Chiyou did the same. He finished his speech and ordered his chariot forward. The mighty Kua-fu giants roared and charged down the hill, followed by the terrifying sound of 26,000 footsteps and screaming throats.

For a moment, I was struck by the absurdity of the situation. The comedy of it all. You could say that the Aryans worshipped the Asgard, the Chinese worshipped the Ascended and everyone else worshipped the Goa'uld. There were a lot of overlaps of course, case in point being myself, a Goa'uld masquerading as the Mandate of Heaven, inhabiting an Aryan Host and leading a confederation of Ascended Ancient worshippers. Like a microcosm of the greater galaxy- situations like this don't happen nowadays, but in that early time, we roll with it.

I am sorry for laughing, but it still cracks me up when I think about that battle because I was so nervous and afraid. 26,000 barely dressed men with bronze-age weapons. Ha! Nowadays I could conquer entire planets and bring industrialized nations to their knees.

But I was scared that day and it was The Yellow Emperor's courage and wit that carried the day and not I. This is why I respect all of my past hosts so. They were not ordinary men.

Battle was joined and I slashed at screaming warriors after screaming warriors, felling soldiers that dared test themselves against the swinging strength of a Goa'uld. My people were outnumbered on all sides and I see Kua-fu warriors battling my former host, the Yan Emperor. Although no longer a host, he carried with him combat knowledge and greater strength and his jade sword made quick work of the proto-Jaffa warriors.

In one of the flanks, Chiyou and his elite warriors were crushing the combined might of the Confederacy, battering aside man after man in a methodical fashion, eyes glowing. Suddenly he raised his hands and roared.

"Feng Bo! Yu Shi! Come help me!"

From the skies two Tel'tak scout gliders dropped from orbit, their cockpits opened revealing two Goa'uld Lords. Feng Bo the wind god in the body of an Unas and Yu Shi, the rain god in the body of a Homo Erectus. They both wielded staff weapons and begin to rain fire down from the sky, sniping at my chieftains and breaking key blocks of troop formations.

I see you recognized the name of Feng Bo. Feng Bo or "Uncle Wind" in this ancient time was more of a chimeric primeval deity than his later more iconic incarnation, who for all intents and purposes was totally subsumed by the iconography of Boreas, the Greek God of Wind due to the influence of the Greco-Indian Buddhist culture that was all the rage at the time. I kept tabs. So predynastic Feng Bo looked like an Unas. Post-Dynastic Feng Bo looked like Boreas, with the little bag of wind and everything. I've heard recently he had a female version as well- you Tau'ri always were quick with innovation. Yu Shi looked even worse, sometimes being described as some kind of monkey god. Well, given the hominid nature of his host, this was unsurprising.

I thought I was doomed as I dived off of my chariot to evade the plasma bolts that destroyed my vehicles, fell the oxen and blasted a hole through my charioteer. The lad was only fifteen years old. He did not deserve such a cowardly attack.

I flung with Kara-Kesh and flung the debris of my chariots up into the sky in a parabolic arc ending with the craft smacking into the warriors next to Chiyou. The Horned Chieftain roared at the near-miss and pointed at me with his staff weapon.

Before he could fire, my former host, the Yan Emperor roared and slashed down with his jade sword. The sheer strength of the strike broke the staff weapon and Chiyou screamed in fury.

"That was a gift from Lord Apophis! You worm!"

Yes, I was aware of how ironic his statement was. He then shoved the jagged edge of the spear through the throat of the Yan Emperor. With a gurgle and a spray of blood, the last direct scion of Shennong fell and did not stand back up.

I/Huangdi roared in rage as I saw my half-brother fell. Oh you did not know this? I suppose Tau'ri historians did not remember this part of the battle. Understandable given what happened next. This is where some of the really magical stuff happened.

As I charged at Chiyou, he raised both arms and used his hosts advanced Hok'tar abilities to psychically summon forth a thick fog. In all likelihood it was some kind of minor hydrokinesis that called down a cloud cover.

The thick fog settled over the battlefield and there was screams as warriors could no longer tell where their enemies were. It quickly became apparent that this was more disadvantageous for me then for Chiyou. Feng Bo and Yu Shi had sensors aboard their Tel'Tak that allowed them to quickly detect where my soldiers are- which they promptly fired upon. All Chiyou's forces had to do was follow where the staff fire was going and they would find pockets of my men trying to defend themselves from the thunder of the gods.

I was going to lose this fight.

Then, completely unexpectedly, a Death Glider broke the cloud cover. The hieroglyphs that decorated the ship told me who it belonged to. Some Goa'uld named Nuba.I had never even heard of her, although in hindsight, her identity should have been obvious.

The much larger and more powerful ship blasted both Tel'taks out of the sky with a thunderous roar of lightning. My men cheered as they saw the two gods fell to their deaths as they were struck from the sky by the mysterious deity.

No time to ponder upon the situation, I used my kara-kesh and hooked up with the Death Glider in the atmosphere. The handshake protocol went through and I was granted access to the sensor systems onboard. Using it I tracked down where Chiyou was and stalked him through the fog.

WIth a roar I emerged from the thick mist and unleashed a telekinetic blast upon the Goa'uld that sent him tumbling off of his chariot and into the ground. The force of the strike shattered the earth and created a crater.

His warriors tried to stop me, but I struck each of them down with a single blow. They died without much fanfare until I stood before Chiyou who had climbed back up on his feet, one of his horns had snapped from the fall and he threw away his helmet in contempt.

He raised the jagged spear of his broken staff weapon and tried to stab me. He was, alas, no Cú Chulainn. I dodged his strike with a casual sidestep, grabbed his weapon as it passed inches from my hand and with kara-kesh enhanced strength I wrenched it from his grasp before thrusting the broken staff through his torso. As he sank to his knees, the Goa'uld within tried to escape his dying host. I pulled the weapon out Chiyou's torso and rammed it down his throat as his true parasitical self tried to escape. Parasite and Host died together.

I sighed and spat on the corpse before walking over to the still body of my former host, The Flame Emperor. And I cradled him. The last scion of Shennong- my second ever host, dead to Goa'uld politics, just like his ancestor.

Never again.

With Chiyou's death the fog began to dissipate and the Death Glider began to descend upon the field of battle, scattering fog and breaking up the fighting. As the Nine-Li tribe members saw the corpse of their dead chieftain they wailed in fear and broke ranks, the entire army collapsing as their morale was crushed.

I ignored all of this of course, still grieving for my previous host. A gentle hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Hello father. Or step-father I suppose."

Several of my nearby warriors heard this and whispered to each other furiously. Doubtlessly news of the Yellow Emperor's daughter would spread by day's end.

I glanced over to look at her, frowning at her somewhat exotic appearance, being dark of skin and somewhat foreign to these parts.

"Who are you?"

"I am Nuba, the drought demoness of Yetu. And your daughter."

I was very confused of course and that must have been reflected in my expression because she quickly explained.

"I am a spawn of Nuwa and my host is from Yetu, a world inhabited by a tribe of slaves taken from Earth by Nuwa. Yetu is a rather boring world, so I decided to return to the First World in search of adventure."

Nuba or just Ba- for that was her proper name and Nu just a female prefix- would stay with me for many years, becoming the "daughter" of the Yellow Emperor and worshipped as one of the earliest Chinese gods. Later on, she journeyed out West and eventually took on the mantle of a nymph, becoming famous as an ancient Roman Goddess and lover of Numa Pompilius, Second King of Rome. You would know her as Egeria.

A/N: In the original battle, estimates of the forces was 8000-15,000 for the Yellow Emperor, and 16,000 to 26,000 for Chiyou. I chose the maximum interpretation for rule of cool. Chiyou's fog was navigated by use of a South-Pointing Chariot (a mechanical device that always pointed south, dated to 200ish CE, but attributed to the Yellow Emperor as well. The first use of differential gears in world history), not a Death Glider. Feng Bo really was later subsumed by Boreas, Greek God of Wind thanks to Greco-Buddhist influence. Both Feng Bo and Yushi were at the Battle of Zhuolu according to later mythology and they were defeated by the drought-demoness Nuba, daughter of the Yellow Emperor. In this fic, Nuba is also a former identity of Egeria and a spawn of Nuwa. Yetu is a made up world and a made up tribe- but realistically, they could have been any of the thousand tribes.

I am sorry for laughing, but it still cracks me up when I think about that battle because I was so nervous and afraid.
I keep noticing little slipups like this. Yu is an ancient Goa'uld. You ought to write him like one, so use archiac words, expressions, and terms. Every time you use a modern word, it breaks immersion. And in a story like this one, immersion is absolutely critical.

I keep noticing little slipups like this. Yu is an ancient Goa'uld. You ought to write him like one, so use archiac words, expressions, and terms. Every time you use a modern word, it breaks immersion. And in a story like this one, immersion is absolutely critical.

That's a very good point. Alright will get around to correcting that.

Back