Guns Blazing - Dieselpunk Fantasy TRPG Live on Kickstarter!

Pronouns
He/Him

The year is 1925. Jinn are citizens of every nation on the planet. Walking machines, planes, and unproven tanks stalk the world's battlefields. The iron grip of colonial europe, long though insatiable, has begun to falter. Monsters ancient and novel rise in the shadows, preying upon the vulnerable.

Then you arrive. The international volunteer. Armed, trained, and pissed as hell.

This is Guns Blazing! An upcoming Roleplaying Game designed by yours truly.

In Guns Blazing, you play international volunteers. Its original Ahadi system marries brutal, maneuver-focused tactical combat married and lighter, consequence-driven narrative play. You'll grab a playbook inspired by various first-person shooters and drop into an alternate, dieselpunk version of the 1920s. Armed with guns, perks, and allies, you'll fight colonial empires, ancient monsters, and new horrors to shape a better future.

It goes to Kickstarter on Tuesday, where it will be available in hardcover and PDF, along with three starter scenarios to kick off your game.

Until then, check out the quickstart below, which includes some truly excellent art, including some from our very own @TheOneMoiderah. Like the iconic Technician, Samah!

Public Playtest #1 - here
Quickstart - here
Kickstarter - here
Discord - here

Last edited:
Kickstarter Launched
We're Live!

Guns Blazing is officially on Kickstarter. We're already closing in on 4,000$ and have been declared a Project We Love by Kickstarter! We've just started, but this is wildly promising.

Check out the Kickstarter now!

Now that it's public, I can talk about some of the other goodies coming with the Kickstarter!

Adventures

I believe that every game needs at least one good adventure to on-board new players. However, I've got *plenty* of ideas, so Guns Blazing is launching with three!

These are:
Incident Eliph at Kianid Isle: Familiar to anyone who's been reading my stuff for a while, Incident Eliph sets the PCs up as soldiers on the sleepy isle of Kianid at the end of a European war, when a mysterious Russian submarine washes ashore. It's got incredible cover art from Ira Prince and may feature some familiar characters....

Welcome to Aceh: Set in northern Indonesia, an off-the-books favor for revolutionaries in Aceh swiftly spirals out of control as the characters stumble on experimental nuclear research, angry Jinn sultans, irradiated mercenaries, and more!

Chaos in Hyderabad: Set in the Princely State of Hyderabad, the characters are brought in by a less-than-reputable private detective to uncover and stop a British plot. In the process they're stymied by revolutionary politics, well-meaning allies, British conspirators, and ever-rising tensions between Britain and Mysore.

The Wargame

A while ago, our own @open_sketch started development on Riposte: A retroclone wargame meant to make 40K more palatable to her. While testing it, I realized that it was basically what I wanted out of a theoretical Gun Blazing wargame. So I checked if she was cool with it, got permission, and committed.

Now, Guns Blazing is getting a wargame.

This is going to be a platoon-to-company scale game hopefully launching with a short two-player narrative campaign and two to four factions. The starting factions are going to be the British, Mysore, the Majooj, and an Anti-Colonial Internationale.

Looks like you're off to a good start! Good luck with the kickstarter, it looks really cool.

Last 48 hours!

We are hitting the end of the campaign. which is pretty vital for us! The end of a Kickstarter is always really busy, and it's our best shot at hitting that first stretch goal. If you haven't backed the campaign yet, back the Kickstarter now!

If you have, bully a friend into backing the Kickstarter now! If we can get some momentum behind the project, I think we can get that VTT goal done and dusted. We've been approved for the roll20 marketplace and are in discussions with AlchemyVTT. Hitting 17K would really help make that a reality.

Back