Guard Dog of Hell 1.5

[x] not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on …
-[x] Omega."

The best of three choices without outright trusting them

[x] not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on …
-[x] Omega."

Let's go to some "neutral ground". The terrorists' "allies" will be able to find us there and deliver some of that "proof".

(I can easily imagine Shepard using "air quotes"...)

Voting is closed!

Adhoc vote count started by Jax on Oct 30, 2020 at 1:38 PM, finished with 12 posts and 12 votes.

• [X] not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on …
    -[x] Omega."
    [x] trust you, don't make me regret this."
    [x] find out about this on my own. I don't need you." Execute them.
    [X] not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on …
    -[X] the next Alliance world."
    [X] not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on …
    -[x] the Citadel."

Escape from Lazarus Station - Part 11
My beta hasn't the time to help me at the moment, so don't mind the errors you might find. I did my best.

"Great, I will not go to your secret lair full of your allies. We will land on Omega, where we will discuss whatever evidence you have. And no, you can't call anyone before we're on Omega. Don't even try it. I will be jamming anything going out from this shuttle." You give both of them a stern look for a moment, then lean back, allowing yourself to relax a bit. "So, how about names? I know that you're supposed to be Miranda if that is even your real name. What's yours? Or are you Random NPC 1?"

Random NPC 1 gives you a grin and chuckles, understanding the reference to a popular Asari Extra-Net show about Pad's&People roleplaying games. On the other hand, Miranda gives you both a dark look that could make a Krogan battlemaster quiver. She isn't a fan, it seems.

"No, I do have a name. It's Jacob Taylor, you can check it if you want later - it's my real name. Hey, you could ask the Alliance for my file if they believe you're back. I was a corsair until a few years ago. Until I realized that it wasn't enough to keep humanity safe, Saren showed us that. Cerberus is doing good out here, Commander. We will show you just that if you give us a chance. And then you might just realize that we aren't the bad guys here."

You give him a doubtful look but file his name away in your mind. When you have the time to contact the Alliance, you will provide them with that name. No matter if they trust you or not, but Intelligence won't be too happy to hear that one of their assets has gone rogue. Even if it sounded as if he had quit his service first, the Corsair Program was still ongoing after all, and this Jacob seemed like a loose end.

"And you, Miranda? Do you've also a Lastname, or are you like Blasto? Just a name, a tough attitude, and a gun for each tentacle?"

The dark-haired beauty gives you a sour look and stays quiet. Only when Jacob nudges her in the side, she signs in resignation. "Lawson, Miranda Lawson. I'm the one you can be grateful for being alive again. Without me, you would still be dead."

You don't answer immediately as you remember the information you found earlier about Project True Believer on that datapad. On it had been a message to this woman, begging her to not cut foundings for said Project. Miranda Lawson hadn't been modest in the slightest since you meet her. But apparently, she WAS as important for Cerberus as she saw herself. That was interesting and a significant opportunity. Giving in to their begging to prove themselves to you seemed to have been the right choice. As much as you hated to be so close with these bigots and terrorists.

[ ] Ask about Project True Believer.
[ ] Stay silent and maintain small talk until you reach Omega.

Back