Great Grand-Uncle Schimmelhorn's Toolbox

Oh, now that would be something to see.

Especially considering that DL!Taylor has already developed cross-dimensional communications (and transport)...
Well, Hermione's dad is a serious science fiction fan (origin of their psionics knowledge), and is a Star Trek fan (no, the two are not the same thing). Maybe Hermione will try some inter-dimensional scanning (*), to find out if Star Trek (or something very like it) is 'real' somewhere, for her dad, and find she's hooked-up to Taylor's comms system?

They could be trans-dimensional pen-pals...

* She could claim she was trying to build an Interocitor...

The interocitor device

The term interocitor refers to a general class of device, whose members share a common set of operating principles (similar to the term "computer" or "smart phone"). This is inferred from the fact that an interocitor is observed or described in many different roles:

* telecommunications device,
* aircraft autopilot,
* surveillance and security controller,
* directed-energy weapon.

According to the transcript of the film, the interocitor and its components are manufactured and distributed by Electronics Service, Unit No. 16. In their catalog, several optional models are offered. These include (but are not limited to):

* interocitor incorporating planetary generator
* interocitor incorporating volterator
* interocitor with astroscope
* interocitor incorporating electron sorter

The device does not come assembled, nor does it include detailed instructions as to its assembly and use. Only a schematic plan is provided. The basic interocitor kit contains 2,486 individual parts, and the manufacturer will not replace any lost or damaged components.

This Island Earth (1952 novel, 1955 film)

There. I've given you the plothook. Now, someone, write the Omake!

Last edited:
i have seen Taylor as a magical girl, twice, Once where she has Raising Heart, and another where, post GM she ends up on a ship with Nanoha, both were good though the second hasn't been worked on in years.
(looks at the author who knows who they are)
MGLN/Worm crossovers do work
Please share what those were. I don't think I've seen them.

If you want a op magical girl taylor how about we take and isekai taylor into a situation like So I'm a spider. After gaining her God like powers there she devises a way to get home while not quite becoming a god? She arrives back in Brockton still in her locker with reduced powers at first, with some kind of shiny object for focusing her powers on this side of the isekai. Then taylor does trigger in the locker, but a interaction with her power reshapes qa into something more like Rafael from that time I got reincarnated as a slime.

Please share what those were. I don't think I've seen them.

Well the one that seems to be dead is this one,

Super Dimension Magical Girl Lyrical Skitter [Worm/MGLN]

a post FM Skitter ends up in Post MGLN nanohaverse
the other one is this:
Magical Tinker Lyrical Taylor
Edit: theres another one that i need to find and link, but i think it is either on FF.net or SB so give me a little time to find it
Edit 2: FOUND IT!!! This is the one i was looking for and it is on SV
Magical Girl Lyrical Taylor
Edit 3: On the last one, if you are a long time player of Shadowrun, be prepared for Renraku Arcology flashbacks during this story.

Last edited:
The device does not come assembled, nor does it include detailed instructions as to its assembly and use. Only a schematic plan is provided.
Honestly, this sounds like Saurial should pop by to Have Words about the importance of supplying proper documentation with high functionality products. Also, to drop off a few notes on improving efficiency through the use of fractal dimensions.

Honestly, this sounds like Saurial should pop by to Have Words about the importance of supplying proper documentation with high functionality products. Also, to drop off a few notes on improving efficiency through the use of fractal dimensions.
I entirely agree with you. But... I've not, AFAICR, read the book, and it's a long time since I saw the film. Basic plot is, can humans actually assemble an Interocitor, that being the (racial) intelligence test.

Getting a Lizard to do the job would rather break things. But, Lizards do that. She would likely approve of how the human approach to the larger alien problem worked. Switching to Doyalist level, a good case could be made for a serious re-write on the later bits of both book and film. Nice start, some fun framing logic, but they really lost their way.

Setting Papa the job of building an Interocitor - particularly if there was a lady scientist he was trying to impress... Pity he wouldn't have been able to explain what he did... Still, lots of cameras, and mics, and later analysis to work out what the *bleep* he did, might've been workable.

Last edited:
Spelling is important...
"For god's sake, Taylor, what on earth is this meant to be?"

Danny sighed as he watched the peculiar sight, along with half the people at the DWA, of a charcoal-fired barbecue in a short skirt (which weirdly wasn't the strangest thing about the situation, nor the strangest sight he'd ever seen), jump and flip about the entire area battling... something.

He had no idea what that something was of course, aside from the multiple creatures loosely resembling various items of meat-based food. With energy attacks. And swords.

Ducking as one of these last items flew overhead and stuck in the door behind him with a twang, he looked at it, then at Kurt, who shrugged. Both of them went back to watching, ignoring Lisa who was almost literally rolling around on the ground laughing her ass off, weakly gasping for breath every now and then before lifting her head to watch some more. Which every time sent her back into paroxysms of hilarity.

One of the more sausage-shaped creatures warbled a battle cry and attacked the mini-skirted cooking device, which screamed back at it like Lung in a bad mood and reciprocated with a pair of razor-edged tongs wielded with incredible precision and viciousness, snapping them together harshly first as if to test their utility.

Kurt nodded approvingly. "Good move," he commented, making Danny stare at him for a second.

The spatula came out, and everyone winced en masse.

It wasn't much longer before the enemy was defeated, and a loud sizzling sound filled the air. Along with a very enticing smell. Taylor, who had been watching with interest and making notes in one of her omnipresent notebooks, smiled and flipped the book shut after scribbling for a moment or two longer, then accepted her tribute from her creation with a murmur of thanks. The thing bowed, then turned to Danny.

He looked at it for some seconds, while it patiently waited, turned to his daughter who made an encouraging motion while smiling widely, shook his head in resignation, and took the hot dog bun from what he had concluded was an example of Taylor quite deliberately getting entirely the wrong end of a concept he'd run into before.

"A magical gril that fights demonically possessed creatures," he sighed, after chewing reflectively.

Lisa gasped out, "It attacked with relish!" and collapsed again in peals of laughter. Kurt was grinning as he got a burger from the thing, which looked pleased.

Somehow.

"We need to work on your spelling, Taylor," Danny muttered as he ate.

His daughter just shrugged, looking pleased with herself.

Lisa giggled manically in the background, and he was fairly certain he could feel the presence of Taylor's not-a-superpower watching with pride and deep amusement.

Which was weird, but that was life these days.

And hey... free food was always good.

Last edited:
Danny makes a note that Taylor got it deliberately 'wrong' yet still thinks the spelling was wrong?

What does it have 'girl' written on the side?

The only thing missing is that they aren't grilling skirt steak. :p

And all i can say is we REALLY need a WTF? emogi right now, because that really deserves it - in a fun way, of course.

After that, i feel like a mime - there are no words...

[Spelling is important...]
"Throw another burger on the barbie."

It could have been worse...

Might just be me, but I'd like to know how Taylor pulled this off? Papa-tech seems likely, but, what???

Less sure about this one, but Taylor could probably real-ise it...

I was a little annoyed I couldn't find the image I recalled of a barbie made from Barbies...

Last edited:
Damn! You're right! I mispelled 'Gril.' :D

Fixed.

:evil:
Well, now it's Danny that was or is making the spelling mistake, since it's his dialog. And he's not quoting from a piece of paper.

It's not Taylor's fault on that.

Though maybe it's like the pocketspace. Danny has figured out how to pronounce spelling errors that are otherwise homonyms. He can mess with people by swapping in the wrong there/their/they're whenever he wants. Or Taylor can, when she learns the trick.

There's probably some other derivative tricks from there.

Back