[X][Quest] Of course, this was a chance like no other!

We could use our magic to strengthen our broom bristle into sharpen points to jab at our enemies or use ethernano-broom bristle to shoot magical projectiles in large numbers or missiles even surprise explosion for anyone attacking our back.
Our flying broom would be useful in running away while launching soap bombs from the rear end.

Of all things, it's the likelihood of encountering Jose from Phantom Lord that's sold me on this quest.

I just love the mental image of our babby Cleaning Magic witch protagonist interacting with a future super-evil antagonist, before he gets up to any of that stuff but probably still getting creepy vibes, if Barry is to be believed.

"More tea or biscuits dear?" says Madame Muniqué, holding a plate of the aforementioned cookies out to you.

You inwardly scream, "No thank you, I'm good. I'm still full from the five-course meal we just had after all."

"Oh, but look at you dear! Why you're as thin as a stick! Please, have another biscuit." she replies, forcing a biscuit into your hands.
Is she going to throw us in the oven?
So I'm a bit confused about certain groups being around. I thought Kagura and 4Dog guild only came to prominence after Fairy Tail S ranks vanished.
I guess this is the problem with the timeline by backstory retcon method?

I would prefer to not become a regular part of the main team (Natsu and friends) but rather remain on the side and do a plotline of our own instead of following theirs around. Maybe pick up one or two other low-power members to form a separate team.
I'm of this opinion as well. I'd also like to point out that the only real station of canon that we could be forced into would be the Fairy Tail v. Phantom Lord War. Otherwise we can pretty much avoid most of the stations of canon by not tagging along with Natsu's group. I'm also interested in how Saturday is going to handle Raven Tail and the Edolas storylines, if they still happen in this AU.
So I'm a bit confused about certain groups being around. I thought Kagura and 4Dog guild only came to prominence after Fairy Tail S ranks vanished.
I guess this is the problem with the timeline by backstory retcon method?
Seeing as how Quatro Cerberus is apparently founded by a former member of Fairy Tail and that Jura is a Saint many years earlier than in canon, I think that means many changes have been made to the world and the timeline.

Soon we will be able to produced Lye which is used in cleaning products and disposing bodies. Hell, our cleaning magic is great for cleaning crime scenes since we're really good at that.

This seems like a good chance to see some of the changes that Saturday made! Shame that we failed the DC though.

Having a clear way to proceed will lower any DCs, as well as giving a better foundation to branch off from.
Could you be a little more specific, Saturday? I take that having a better foundation to branch out from means that knowing related magic makes learning advanced versions of said spell easier. Like learning how to create soap bubbles before learning how to make them durable or hold things inside them. However, I don't quite understand what "having a clear way to proceed" means. Do we need to describe exactly how we plan to practice to get a bonus?

We could use our magic to strengthen our broom bristle into sharpen points to jab at our enemies or use ethernano-broom bristle to shoot magical projectiles in large numbers or missiles even surprise explosion for anyone attacking our back.
Our flying broom would be useful in running away while launching soap bombs from the rear end.
That sounds like a high-end application, but one I can see in the far future. Though I would prefer the magical projectiles over sharp bristles.

Of all things, it's the likelihood of encountering Jose from Phantom Lord that's sold me on this quest.

I just love the mental image of our babby Cleaning Magic witch protagonist interacting with a future super-evil antagonist, before he gets up to any of that stuff but probably still getting creepy vibes, if Barry is to be believed.
That is actually a good point. And considering that this is an AU, the all-out war between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord might not even happen.

Do we need to describe exactly how we plan to practice to get a bonus?
I assume this is the idea, so I put some thought into what we have so far. Basically, if we can give Agnes a stepping stone, she does not need to rely on dice (or the QM's imagination) as much to get things going.

So far, the idea is to proceed as follows: Sliding -> Broom-based Flight -> Dirt Sight / Shields -> Sturdier Tools
(after putting thought into it, I actually prefer to get Dirt Sight first because the Shield will take a bit)
-Sliding: failed this time, but hey, it gave us an idea to emit slippery cleaning solution from the feet; I think it should work from the hands as well, seeing that the important part is to slide around on it and not where it comes from; feet may be better left to a higher stage. Keeping up the balance and emitting more solution on the move are what is important for the skill. Maybe also to remove the solution Agnes has already passed by, both to stop enemies from sliding along and because it would be rude to leave that stuff lying around.

-Flight: This is fairly unspecific as I do not know how magic and physics interact. It is based on altering the basic broom Agnes creates; to change its properties so it allows her to ride it and fly, as well as support her weight. I am not sure if making an anti-gravity field of some kind is in the cards, so I would suggest to try making it emit thrust from any area, maybe focussed on the bristles to get better speed forward.

An enhancement or branching path from there would be telekinetically controlled brooms that can be used both to clean more space in less time, and to throw down at enemies from above. Not to mention that with flight, Agnes can rain down her chemicals on enemies from above; might want to learn to turn the solutions into stronger acids and into orbs for ease of throwing.

-Dirt Sight: Discussed before and got a nice hint in the previous vote options; focussing ethernano into Agnes eyes; she is already trying to find dirt wherever she goes, so the short of it would be enhancing that by pushing her magic to actively light it up in her field of vision. Later stages might turn that into a passive effect even.

An enhancement we already know exists is to make it able to pass through walls and other such obstructions, allowing Agnes to see what is behind.

-Shield: Uh, the best I have to suggest is a bubble shield, which requires bubbles first
->you get bubbles from using air on a soapy cleaning solution; it should be possible to 'lighten' the existing solution so it comes out as bubbles instead of a liquid
->>then Agnes can work on controlling the flight of the bubbles to get them to go where she wants at open air; third step is then pulling them together into a shield reinforced with ethernano (because let's face it, a bubble is not a good defense on its own); potentially, making it out of many small shields might even enhance the whole because it is not a single big structure, but a lot of small ones.

-Sturdier Tools: As this is currently placed last on the existing list, it can be based on Flight because that already alters broom properties; taking this as a stepping stone, Agnes should have an easier time learning to alter the properties of her summoned tools in other ways, among them to become sturdier and perhaps harder; if it is not intuitive, she can just use trial and error to figure out what changes create which properties.

Last edited:
That sounds like a high-end application, but one I can see in the far future. Though I would prefer the magical projectiles over sharp bristles.
What makes you think that shooting bristles or projectiles are high-end applications? When I think of high-end applications, I think of erasing objects and attacks by instantly cleaning the area around them, or removing the friction of the ground in a large area.
That is actually a good point. And considering that this is an AU, the all-out war between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord might not even happen.
According to the timeline, Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord's rivalry gets reignited at a Guild Master meeting two years from now. Though, we really can't rely on the timeline since this is an AU.
-Flight: This is fairly little as I do not know how magic and physics interact. It is based on altering the basic broom Agnes creates; to change its properties so it allows her to ride it and fly, as well as support her weight. I am not sure if making an anti-gravity field of some kind is in the cards, so I would suggest to try making it emit thrust from any area, maybe focussed on the bristles to get better speed forward.
Maybe we should work on making sturdy tools first? Since that's a simpler and more straightforward change to our tools' properties. Then we can move onto moving them telekinetically before achieving flight speeds.

I think we should practive moving on our own super slippery surfaces first before trying to make slipping on purpose our main mode of transport :V.

What makes you think that shooting bristles or projectiles are high-end applications? When I think of high-end applications, I think of erasing objects and attacks by instantly cleaning the area around them, or removing the friction of the ground in a large area.
I was more talking about shooting magic attacks out of the broom. And what you outlined there feels more like super-high end to me. As in, if we see things like that, it should take years of practice to have gotten there.

That aside, I guess sturdy tools makes more sense to go for first after all.

I think we should practive moving on our own super slippery surfaces first before trying to make slipping on purpose our main mode of transport :V.
Uh... that is what I implied in that spoiler there.

I think we should practive moving on our own super slippery surfaces first before trying to make slipping on purpose our main mode of transport
We can alter the properties of our solvent though, so it doesn't have to be super-slippery from the get-go. We can slowly ramp it up as we grow more used to sliding around and we dial it back if we feel like we're going too fast.

I was more talking about shooting magic attacks out of the broom. And what you outlined there feels more like super-high end to me. As in, if we see things like that, it should take years of practice to have gotten there.
Ah, gotcha. You mean relative to our skill level right now, it's pretty high-end stuff. Not compared to the power scale of the series overall.

EDIT: Also I do think we'll have timeskips of some kind in the future. Otherwise, we'd have to go arc after arc doing boring fetch quest stuff because we're too weak to do the more exciting quests.

Last edited:
Flight obsoletes Sliding in a lot of ways so if you think its only one step more then why wouldn't we just skip it?
Everyone seemed to like the idea, but you have a point.

On the other hand, flight is by far not as useful inside of structures, so being able to slide would still come in handy there... unless other people just blow away the roof, that is.

Sliding: failed this time, but hey, it gave us an idea to emit slippery cleaning solution from the feet; I think it should work from the hands as well, seeing that the important part is to slide around on it and not where it comes from; feet may be better left to a higher stage. Keeping up the balance and emitting more solution on the move are what is important for the skill. Maybe also to remove the solution Agnes has already passed by, both to stop enemies from sliding along and because it would be rude to leave that stuff lying around.
How about we try emitting it from our hands and sliding forwards on our belly first. That way we can get used to how much solvent we need to create and how quickly we need to make it in order to retain our forward momentum. Afterwards, we'll try it with our feet in short bursts, so we can practice keeping our balance. Finally, after we've gotten pretty good at that, we can do the real deal.
What part of 'magical slip and slide' sounds like its better for precise movements than telekinesis?
I'm assuming since 'magical slip and slide' directly correlates with our cleaning magic, it'll be easier to control and master than flight via telekinesis, which decidedly is not. Also, since the telekinesis is being applied to the broom and not us by extension, it's probably not as easy to control or to stay on as you think.

I'm assuming since 'magical slip and slide' directly correlates with our cleaning magic, it'll be easier to control and master than flight via telekinesis, which decidedly is not. Also, since the telekinesis is being applied to the broom and not us by extension, it's probably not as easy to control or to stay on as you think.
Telekinesis is part of our magic the exact same way bubbles are though?
[][Path] Simple cleaning instruments like mops and brooms can be formed from Ethernano and then manipulated through magic,
Moving them magically is part of the same spell that forms them. :l
Its not general telekinesis but nobody was suggesting that, just that we make a magic broom. Then we sit on it and move it.

Back