Zedalb

I just started a Patreon!

"Is there not one among you who values courage over life?"

No one thought first contact would start with such a question.
No one thought first contact would be recruitment for a multi-verse war.
No one thought first contact would also be a test to see if humanity was worth saving.

But it was.

The unzen offered power to literally anyone who would ask for it.

To claim the power though was to be a representative for humanity and would be judged on saving or destroying the species.
To claim the power was to become a warrior fighting against an invasion coming from every direction.
To claim the power was to sign up to die for what you believe in, even if that was just other people.

They are the enemies of our enemies, but let us not think that the unzen are our allies.
The unzen have made the mistake of trusting other species to easily and paid for it.
They want to see what humans do with power and thus if humans as a whole are worth saving.

If we fail, they will leave us to die to the invaders.
If we fight poorly we will die to the invaders anyway.

The gave us the gamer system. It's up to use to make use of it, to survive and to pass or fail their test.

The basic story is that the unzen came to earth and told us an alien is about to attack us by making dungeons as landing zones (multiverse fuckery) they are giving us power to defend ourselves, but they are judging what we do with it, and if we fail there criteria (which they won't explain) then they will eliminate humanity. Better to burn out our universe than let the invaders take it, if we are going to be a problem.

This is a LIT-RPG with a numerically very simple system. With no overall levels instead stats and skills are raised by training and you can greatly increase their power by increasing the rarity through challenges.

My design plan is to start very grounded, very limited inventory system, and eating and drinking is super important to regenerating health and mana.

I plan to run the game over discord, where as long as you can make a post every few days we can keep things moving and I'll be available to knock out scenes at a lot of hours just tag me.
If someone misses a week or two we can do time skips to get them together.

After a week or two I'll start offering dungeon runs on the weekend which will be important for progressing.
Players will be selected based on how interesting I find their sheet.

Use "Make a copy" to make a copy of the google sheet and then submit on discord or here.
or copy and paste it and fill it out here.

discord.gg

Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games

Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.

docs.google.com

Gamer War-front Sheet

Gamer War-front Bio Name:Age:Sex:Sexuality:Occupation: Back Story:Why you became a gamer: Race (Common)[Human] Racial Perk 1: Human Racial Traits: (Choose 1 then remove this section) Expertise: Gain 1 Extra Skill slot and that may be 1 rank higher than your normal cap Growth: Gain Skills...
docs.google.com

Gamer Systems:

Gamer Systems: (Dungeons to Increase these)Inventory (Common) Maximum of 5 Stored Objects Maximum stack of 10 of an objectMessenger (Common) Messages are Text Only 5 common questions per day Class (Common) Maximum Class Rank Common Maximum of 1 Class Trait Skill System (Common) Maximu...

Last edited:
Bio
Name: Alex D. Cyphre

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Homosexual/Gay

Appearance:

Back Story: Born as fifth child of a middle-class family in the bible belt, he was the stereotypical small kid. Nothing particularly strange about him, until he learned to read. Then, he started to actually read, not just doing the work that school asked you to do.

So, he started thinking. There was a library in town and, seeing as his parents didn't want to buy him more than the strictly necessary - somewhat reasonably so, with five kids - and he found in reading a hunger that nothing could sate.

And he read fiction. Stories. Horrible Histories. Comic books. Some classics. Anything that caught his attention. The more he grew, the more he read and the more he wanted to see the world around the small town where he was. His sexuality was only another thing that put him apart from his parents and other people, along with his bookish nature, smaller and slighter frame - a 'twink', as one of his bullies was fond of calling him, thinking the term derogatory - general disinterest in sports, and his everything. It was a miracle that the extremely conservative pastor at the local church hadn't called a witch hunt, really.

Especially after he stopped going to church, unless forced.

Then, the alien came. After the whole MAGA, elections, pandemic mess that were the previous years.

But with them came powers. Magic. Like in his books. Except that his parents had forbidden every single one of their children to accept the power - they weren't the only one to do so - and so he, reluctantly, didn't ask for it.

Until a bad day at school, a bad week at home and his books and fanfiction sites and internet and the library wasn't enough.

So, he asked. And he got them. And now he's fighting for his life, for as little as he is able to do.

Why you became a gamer: To get away from parents, grandparents, bullies, teachers, preachers, churchgoers, priests, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, classmates and random people in the street that kept telling me that my homosexuality was 'just a phase'. Better dying in an alien war than dealing with all that. Also, magic.

Race (UnCommon)[Human] -> [Third Eyed Human]
Racial Perks Total: 2

Human Racial Traits:
Adaptable: You are more resistant to dungeon area effects and can survive in them longer and gain adaptability based skills easier.

Third Eyed Human Traits:
Blue third eye: See all aspects of mana and true sight into reality around you.

Class (Common)[Mage]
Class Trait 1: Body of Mana, You are adapt at casting from all parts of your body as easily as you do your hands

Attributes(Common):
Strength[ 3 ] +1 (Common)
Constitution[ 6 ] +1 (Common)
Agility[ 5 ] +1 (Common)
Intelligence[ 8 ] +1 (UnCommon)
Spirit[ 8 ] +1 (UnCommon)
Affinity[ 5 ] +1 (UnCommon)

HP: 35/35 - HP Regen: 0.7/second
MP: 45/45 - MP regen: 0.9/second

Skills(Common):
  • Mana Manipulation[Common](lvl 10): Effect: Each level improves your ability to manipulate mana EG: Modify spells as you cast them.
  • Cooking[Common](lvl 1): Effect: Improves chance of making higher rarity foods
  • Analyze[Common(lvl 1): Effect: Gathers information on objects when activated upon them. Higher levels give more information
  • Spirit Arrow [Common](lvl 5): Increase damage by 1 per level. Damage is Spirit + Intelligence base. Cost 10 mana
  • Meditation [Common](lvl 8): Effect: Increase mana manipulation by 1% per level while meditating
  • Mana Burst[Common](lvl 5): Does Intelligence Plus Skill level damage in a small area in front of you. Cost: 10 Mana
  • Mana Empowerment[Common](lvl 1): Spend Mana to increase the damage and cost of a spell by up to 1% per level.
  • Heat Adaptation [Common](lvl 6): Decrease the effect of heat by 1% per level
  • Slot 9
  • Slot 10

Inventory (Common):
  1. Ruck Sack: Cookies (3 meals), Protein Bar Boxes (1 box), Bag of Earth Rations
  2. Clothes+Towel
  3. First Aid Kit
  4. Water Jugs (4)

Equipped:
  • Switchblade (Common): Strength+Agility
  • Representative Mobile Device [Common]: A phone powered by Mana that will always have perfect signal even inside a dungeon. Nearly indestructible, is capable of accessing system functions and using them in conjunction with apps and contacting other groups members with a similar phone
  • Hoodie [Common]: Light: Reduces critical damage by agility
  • Ruck Sack [Common]: Mystery Ranch brand back bag is hand stitched leather and a life time guarantee helps carry more stuff without using the inventory system
  • Bag of Earth Rations: It's a 7-11 bag of slim jims, sodas, pop tarts and other various drinks and snacks one would find at 7-11 (3 Drinks, 3 foods)
  • Serrated Spear [Uncommon]: Light: Add Agility to Damage; Serrated: Causes Bleeding damage
  • Arm Band of Common Dungeon Completion: Can add a symbol from any skill level 10 or above. Adds 1 To each attribute. Bound to owner. Makes the wearer as someone who has completed a common dungeon to analyze

Last edited:
docs.google.com

Gamer War-front Sheet - Dark

Gamer War-front Bio Name: Bethany Scarlet Age: 19Sex: fSexuality: asexualOccupation: Student Back Story: Uni wasn’t going well, depression flared up and killed the motivation to do the work. Barely passing, decided fuck it when giving the option.Why you became a gamer: Life wasn’t going anyw...

There we go, stuff

Sheet completed, and still contemplating the hardest of decisions...last names
docs.google.com

Gamer War-front Sheet

Gamer War-front Bio Name: Van [REDACTED] (I am terrible at last names, and the dude ain’t gonna tell it to anyone ever by half point of “I don’t care about my family name” and “I only remember my family name because teachers ask for full names sometimes.”)Age: 14Sex: MaleSexuality: “What? You ...

Never done this before so I hope this works.
docs.google.com

Gamer War-front Character Sheet

Gamer War-front Character Sheet Bio Name: Dante RoadsAge: 19Sex: MaleSexuality: BisexualOccupation: NEET Back Story: Born in the state of Maryland, Dante was born, the youngest of three children. He grew up feeling that he had no need to prove himself or overachieve. A slow life where he coas...

Bio
Name: Bajala Sujanani
Sexuality: Straight
Backstory: Bajala, my name, do you know what it means? It means to be honored, venerated. My parents knew that was my destiny, and so I lived expecting it. But the universe didn't respect this destiny, and neither did people. I was young and quick witted and charming, the next young billionaire to shake the world up!

The schools thought I was a fool for my poor grades, but I was spending the time building connections! My parents thought me a crook for selling drugs, but I was just building capital see? And those connections and that capital helped me build my first venture, a night club, a sure success!

And when that got raided and shut down, no worries, I went online to selling NFTs! But then someone who stole my passwords while my pants were down.

But it didn't matter! Every great person has failures! You only need one success! So I tried, and tried, and tried again. Please believe I tried. No one else believed me, my parents didn't believe me, they didn't even send me money anymore to help. I didn't see my father until he passed away and I was only called to hold up the pulpit.

Well screw them! I don't need them! This next venture is a guaranteed success! A restaurant, with an amazing chef that I met doing coke in a Vegas bathroom! And big people are coming to my opening night, super stars this is gonna be it! I feel it, the respect I deserve is coming!

...Wait why are the police here? What do you mean that superstar had drugs on him? That's nothing to do with us? Well who cares if the chef was high, that's how he works! Wait where's my money? What did my manager do with it? I wasn't supplying anything, yes I did in the past but this is different! No-no, please, I don't want to go to prison!

This was supposed to be different!

Why you became a Gamer:
While I was on trial I learnt about the offer by the Unzen, to make someone into a Gamer, a hero for the human race. This offer was open to everyone, even someone like me awaiting punishment. There was no way they would put someone in prison who was going to save the world!

I sent a message to the Unzen, let them know I was willing to undergo the process. This would be it! This would be finally how I get my respect! I will show all the doubters! I will ensure the world would never forget my name! Bajala Sujanani - Hero of Humanity!

Race (Common)[Human]
Racial Perk 1:
Growth:
Gain Skills and Attributes significantly easier when they are below 10

Class (Common)[Warrior]
Class Trait 1) Style: Merge up to three skills into one combat style, One weapon or unarmed, one armor or defensive skill and one other of choice. Merged skills, all level together and can develop new benefits when the rarity increases. All skills do not need to be added yet.
Style "Rock Em Sock Em" Lv4: Kickboxing + Spiritual Enforcement + Earth Enforcement

Kick Boxing [Common]
Effect: Gain 1 Damage Per level

Spiritual Reinforcement [Common]
Add your Spirit to a physical Stat Last for Level in seconds
Cost: 10 MP

Earth Armor[Common]
Cost: 2 mana per 5 seconds
Effect: reduce all damage by Affinity+skill Level

Attributes(Common):
Strength[8 ] (Common)
Constitution[8] (Common)
Agility[8] (Common)
Intelligence[3] (Common)
Spirit[3] (Common)
Affinity-Earth [4] (Common)

Skills(Common):Starts Empty
Slot 1: Emergency Medicine Theory 1 [Common]
The theoretical knowledge of emergency medicine
Effect: Each level increases the depth and width of ones knowledge of the field
Slot 2:
Slot 3: Analyze 1 [Common]
Effect: Gathers information on objects when activated upon them. Higher levels give more information
Slot 4: Yoga 2 [Common]
Effect: Increase flexibility with every level
Slot 5: Running 2 [Common]
Effect: Increasing running efficiency by 1% per level
Slot 6: Mana Manipulation [Common]
Slot 7: Harden Earth [Common] 1
Effect: Increase the Damage resistance of a piece of earth you are touching by your affinity.
Cost: Is proportional to mass of the earth effected.
Slot 8:
Slot 9:
Slot 10

Inventory (Common): Starts Empty
Slot 1: Representative Mobile Device [Common]
A phone powered by Mana that will always have perfect signal even inside a dungeon. Nearly indestructible
is capable of accessing system functions and using them in conjunction with apps and contacting other groups members with a similar phone

Slot 2
Slot 3
Slot 4
Slot 5

Equipped:

Last edited:
Bio
Name: Matthew Johnston
Sexuality: Heterosexual/Straight
Back Story: Born to a middle-class family in southern Ontario, Matthew lived a fairly comfortable life. Never wanting for the essentials but also never 'up to date' with the latest 'thing', he sort of floated through his childhood, getting average and above-average grades throughout (most) of his schooling and keeping a small friend-group around that fluctuated in size throughout the years.

And through it all, he never really had any long-term goals: doing what was interesting, or fun, or distracting, with little or no thought for what he might want for himself in the far-future beyond vague, stereotypical things like 'own a house', 'get married', and 'have kids.'

He went to college for Journalism out of a small sense of idealism and a large sense of not knowing what else he could do, only to learn that the year he was in was the last year before an entirely new, updated curriculum for the modern news landscape was to be implemented.

He still finished the course, just to say he did it (though things got a bit close, near the end), but he never seriously looked for work in 'his field'. He went back to working on the same farm as his dad for a little while after finishing college, then roamed from factory job to factory job to warehouse job until he found his current one, which he dislikes just as much as the other ones, but pays well enough to support himself with two roommates and live fairly comfortably, again just floating along, not really making any changes or doing anything to really change his situation.

But he longed. He dreamed. Of success, of adventures, of going out and helping people, saving a world, doing things that mattered.

Then, suddenly, Aliens.

An impending threat.

An offer of power to fight the coming darkness.

A Call to Action.

And He Answers.

Why you became a gamer:
Because he always dreamed of being a hero.

Because he doesn't have anything better to do with his life.

Because this is probably gonna be better than his day job.

Because he's got a moderate idea of how this might be supposed to work, and that might help him do well.

Because this is a way that maybe, just maybe, he can become something more than average and ordinary.

And because, well, he wants to try and do something other than just exist. To become something more.

And maybe, if he does this, then people will remember him.

Race (Common) [Human]
Racial Perk 1:

Human Racial Trait:
Growth: Gain Skills and Attributes significantly easier when they are below 10

Class (Common) [Warrior]
Class Trait 1: Survivor: Once a day when you would be killed regain Con HP

Attributes(Common):
Strength[7(6)] (Common)
Constitution[7(6)] (Common)
Agility[6(5)] (Common)
Intelligence[7(6)] (Common)
Spirit[7(6)] (Common)
Affinity (Light)[5(4)] (Common)

Health: 35
Health Regen: 0.7 HP/sec

Mana: 35
Mana Regen: 0.7 MP/sec

Skills(Uncommon-Max LvL 40, can upgrade to Uncommon with work)
Slot 1: Analyze [Common], Level 4
Slot 2: Staff Combat [Common], Level 4
Slot 3: Mana Manipulation [Common], Level 3
Slot 4: Mana Shield [Common], Level 8
Slot 5: Mana Blade [Common], Level 3
Slot 6: Mana Strike [Common], Level 2
Slot 7: Karate [Common], Level 1
Slot 8: Light Slash [Uncommon], Level 6
Slot 9: Long Sword [Common], Level 5
Slot 10: Heavy Armor [Common], Level 4
Slot 11: Prayer [Common] Level 1
Slot 12
Slot 13
Slot 14
Slot 15
Slot 16
Slot 17
Slot 18
Slot 19
Slot 20

Inventory (Common):
Slot 1: Representative Mobile Device
Slot 2: Water Bottles (1)
Slot 3: Chain Mail [Common]
Slot 4
Slot 5

Equipped:
-Serrated Blade [Uncommon]
Light: Add Agility to Damage
Serrated: Causes Bleeding damage

-Steel Helm [Common]
Heavy: Reduce non-critical damage by Constitution
-Reinforced Brest plate [Uncommon]:
Heavy: Reduce non-critical damage by Constitution
Protected: Reduce Critical damage by Constitution

-Representative Mobile Device [Common]
A phone powered by Mana that will always have perfect signal even inside a dungeon. Nearly indestructible
is capable of accessing system functions and using them in conjunction with apps and contacting other groups members with a similar phone

-Ruck Sack [Common]
Mystery Ranch brand back bag is hand-stitched leather and a lifetime guarantee helps carry more stuff without using the inventory system
--Contains: Granola Bars (4)

-Arm Band of Common Dungeon Completion:
Can add a symbol from any skill level 10 or above.
Adds 1 To each attribute
Bound to owner
Makes the wearer as someone who has completed a common dungeon to analyze

Skills In-Detail:
-Analyze [Common]
Effect: Gathers information on objects when activated upon them. Higher levels give more information
-Prayer [Common]
Effect: Helps counteract stress
-Mana Manipulation [Common]
Effect: Each level improves your ability to manipulate mana EG: Modify spells as you cast them.
-Staff Combat [Common]
Effect: Plus one damage per level
-Karate [Common]
Increases damage by 1 per level
-Longsword [Common]
Increased damage done by 1 per level
-Heavy Armor [Common]
Reduces damage taken when armor is hit by 1 per level
-Mana Shield [Common]
Creates a barrier or mana in front of you. Can be shattered with sudden enough force
Damage stopped per point of mana is equal to level (Currently 8)
Costs: 1 Mana per (level) damage it stops and 1 mana per 5 seconds.
-Mana Blade [Common]
Do Intelligence + Skill Level Damage (Currently 10)
Cost: 2 Mana Per swing + 1 Mana per 5 seconds
-Mana Strike [Common]
Add Intelligence plus skill level to weapon damage (Currently 9)
Cost: 3 Mana Per swing
-Light Slash [Uncommon]
Add Intelligence + Affinity + Skill level to weapon damage (Currently 18)
Can do Skill damage at a range of affinity feet (Currently 5)
Cost: 6 Mana Per Swing

Last edited:

Bio
Name: Haloise Finch
Sex: F
Sexuality: Bisexual
Back Story: Haloise was born in the Prairies of North America, having grown up in the city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. She was always a curious child - the type to pick plants and put them in a book, or other strange hobbies like that. Her father and mother divorced when she was young, so she spent her upbringing split between two homes - one in Saskatoon with her mother, and another far north in Nunavut, with her distant father. She spent summers up North, where her father taught her important skills, such as how to hit a deer in the eye with a rifle from 400 meters and how to bandage any wounds she might get, while her mother, a Metis woman, taught her about how to cook and how to clean wounds. Haloise wasn't happy growing up, but when she graduated from High School with astounding grades and got Red Cross training with the help of the Canadian Armed Forces. She joined the military as a Combat Medic and started doing tours, eventually getting recruited by the United Nations to act for humanitarian purposes.

The French tour Haloise did with the UN was interrupted by the Crisis of Manque. Here, a small city on the Mediterranean Coast - Manque - was the site of rising tensions between a local group advocating for worker and minority rights, and the white nationalist terrorist group known as Tangente. Haloise was one of the soldiers sent there by the United Nations when the area was quarantined. Tangente had assaulted the advocates at a rally, resulting in injuries in the hundreds. It wasn't something local or even provincial Health Services could take care of due to the ongoing pandemic, so the UN was sent in to supplement the medical teams. Haloise saved approximately thirty people alone and contributed to the saving of another two hundred. It was a known fact, even, that she took caffeine pills in order to keep going - and although she had a deranged, tired look in her eye while she did it, she became known as the Angel of Manque for her work. A small memorial was offered to Haloise , but she declined and told them to put the money into a memorial for the advocates instead. She was content with the shiny medal she got and the lives she saved. So then, when the unzen appeared and presented a test for humanity, one that would make or break the human race, Haloise knew that it was her duty to make sure humanity passes, no matter what.

Why you became a gamer: Haloise isn't as hopeful for humanity as others might be. In short, she doesn't think that the human race is worth saving, but she does believe that each human has the right to not be annihilated by forces out of their control. She probably feels the same way about the other representatives: to her, they're all probably fools who need her to be there and make sure they get home safely. She's the only person she can trust with this job, so she stepped up to the plate.

Race (Common)[Human]
Racial Trait: Expertise

Class (Common)[None] Starts Empty
Class Trait 1:

Attributes(Common):
Strength[3] (Common)
Constitution[5] (Common)
Agility[7] (Common)
Intelligence[6] (Common)
Spirit[5] (Common)
Affinity[4] (Common)

Skills(Common):Starts Empty