Fleshing Out the Final Fantasy Worlds

mrmiffmiff

The Honest Cop
Some Final Fantasy games have fleshed out worlds. Some don't. Some are more fleshed out than others.

In all of them, especially the early ones, it can be assumed that what we see is only meant to be a representation of the world, not the world itself. There are more villages and cities. There are many more people. Cities are bigger.

I'd be interested in fleshing out some of these worlds, first by building on existing locations, then maybe adding some.

As an example, take Coneria in Final Fantasy I (I refuse to call it Cornelia). It's clearly supposed to be an economic center and major power (or at least as major as powers could be in that world in its state at the time), yet we barely see an indication of this, despite going to what could only be called its commercial district.

Obviously, this thread would be pure fanfiction or headcanon. And it's not like The Elder Scrolls where there's no distinction between canon and headcanon. But still, this could be a fun world-building exercise, if anyone's interested.

Some Final Fantasy games have fleshed out worlds. Some don't. Some are more fleshed out than others.

In all of them, especially the early ones, it can be assumed that what we see is only meant to be a representation of the world, not the world itself. There are more villages and cities. There are many more people. Cities are bigger.

I'd be interested in fleshing out some of these worlds, first by building on existing locations, then maybe adding some.

As an example, take Coneria in Final Fantasy I (I refuse to call it Cornelia). It's clearly supposed to be an economic center and major power (or at least as major as powers could be in that world in its state at the time), yet we barely see an indication of this, despite going to what could only be called its commercial district.

Obviously, this thread would be pure fanfiction or headcanon. And it's not like The Elder Scrolls where there's no distinction between canon and headcanon. But still, this could be a fun world-building exercise, if anyone's interested.
Which games do you think need to most filling out.

I did a thing developing the Gi tribe in FF7, but who knows what the FF7 remake will do with them when it comes out...

This thread is visible in Quests for me, but the navigation tab clearly says Creative Forums -> Creative Discussion & Worldbuilding. Some kind of bug? Are subforum posts supposed to be visible within the main Quests forum?

Last edited:
Back