We've been keeping mum on the spoilers at @daniel_gudman's (hey, tagging actually does something here, isn't that nice?) request, yes.

But yeah. Actually, when you think about that, that is terrifying. Sachi is casting on instinct, in a soul container that isn't her own, with no practice and only desperate intent, inside what is basically an absurdly powerful Bounded Field that defies all damage - which by this point in the game requires it also works on spiritual damage and some esoteric effects.

And she just applied an 「Curse of Absolute Death」 on Shirou.

Gods, that is so bullshit.
Shiki Ryougi: Amateur.

But yeah. Actually, when you think about that, that is terrifying. Sachi is casting on instinct, in a soul container that isn't her own, with no practice and only desperate intent, inside what is basically an absurdly powerful Bounded Field that defies all damage - which by this point in the game requires it also works on spiritual damage and some esoteric effects.
That's not quite true, actually - spell failure has always done damage inside safe zones.

That's not quite true, actually - spell failure has always done damage inside safe zones.
I was wondering about that, I thought that was true but I wasn't sure.

Regardless, though, I'm pretty sure that you can't hurt someone with, say, that direct-to-hp curse that one sword of the Goblin King's. Otherwise people would've noticed that you could still do combat damage inside a Safe Zone. So there's some resistance to spiritual effects, anyway.

Since someone's personality loosely follows their Origin, like Mikiya's Normalcy and Azaka's Taboo, it's hard to imagine a passive and cowardly individual like Sachi possessing an Origin that smells of corpse and acts like a poison.

Or is Sachi secretly a toxic person in here?

Since someone's personality loosely follows their Origin, like Mikiya's Normalcy and Azaka's Taboo, it's hard to imagine a passive and cowardly individual like Sachi possessing an Origin that smells of corpse and acts like a poison.

Or is Sachi secretly a toxic person in here?
The obvious meta-joke is that she is [Fated for Death]. (I hope she isn't sacrificed on the [Altar of Serious Business]...) Other than that, I don't see how smelling like corpses fits her at all.

Last edited:
The obvious meta-joke is that she is [Fated for Death]. (I hope she isn't sacrificed on the [Altar of Serious Business]...) Other than that, I don't see how smelling like corpses fits her at all.
yeah
she toast
the author been planning for her death some where to developed Kirito
haven't check the TFF thread to see if they change their mind or not about it

Last edited:
I just saw it, it's too late for me, but it's no surprise that
Sachi would be used to develop someone. The poor girl is fated to either become a part of Kirito's harem or die an horrible death, so I suppose dying is a better outcome than losing her already weak personality.

part of Kirito's harem
Kirito does not do harem
just because girl flock around him and try to get into his pant does not give him a harem
the guy pick one girl (Asuna) and stick with her, every one else get friendzone
in canon the guy practically marry and with kid already, his only problem is that he need more male friends to balance out his social circle

Kirito does not do harem
just because girl flock around him and try to get into his pant does not give him a harem
the guy pick one girl (Asuna) and stick with her, every one else get friendzone
in canon the guy practically marry and with kid already, his only problem is that he need more male friends to balance out his social circle
More male friends won't help him. The handheld games give Klein a much larger role, but treat him like the token yaoi option. The most recent game even makes him much more bishie :V

I just saw it, it's too late for me, but it's no surprise that
Sachi would be used to develop someone. The poor girl is fated to either become a part of Kirito's harem or die an horrible death, so I suppose dying is a better outcome than losing her already weak personality.
Sachi is... mm... she's also meant to illustrate that the Death Game isn't good for everyone. Some of these guys just jump right into being a badass combat mage, but some people - quite justifiably - just don't want to explore that part of themselves and want to live a normal life. Sachi is an excellent example because, as hinted in the Alleycat Alliance and as so charmingly spoiled above, she has... well, not everything has been spoiled so I won't go into details, but she's got a lot of potential as a magus. See the above ridiculous feat.

But doing so would basically ruin her life, for no really good reason unless you're the sort of person that thinks turning kids into tyke bombs is a clever idea (nevermind moral). She's an exception to the cast, for whom both SAO canon and SAO in F/RO are the best thing that ever happened to them in a lot of ways.

Information: KNOCK KNOCK OPEN UP THE DOOR
Nah
more like
shoe string budget knock off of MEODP
knock knock open up the door IT'S ME

*ahem*

I've received a few reports for you posting spoilers unsolicited, directly against thread policy. I've edited this post to have a capital-S Spoiler. Please dial it back otherwise I might have t'knock you with a threadban or maybe a WFMB. I'm sure you'll be fine going forward. Cheers.

So... What exactly is the cause of the "Conservation of Ninjutsu" effect for Fate as a whole?

So... What exactly is the cause of the "Conservation of Ninjutsu" effect for Fate as a whole?
I'm not sure if it's completely accurate because lol!TMWiki but they explains it like this.
Being originally magic, Thaumaturgy draws upon a predetermined power from the Root. However, because that amount of power is fixed, the more people draw from it at the same time, the more Magecraft's capacities become mundane. In short, the greater is the collective number of magi, the weaker their individual power.

Fate/complete material III: World material - Theory of Magic - Magecraft: Effects on the Level of True Magic said:
Caster's Sorcery (limited to Ryudo Temple)
In the ancient era, sorcery is synonymous to True Magic, thus magi are Magicians.
[v] Tsukihime Dokuhon PlusPeriod - TSUKIHIME Dictionary: Magic [Term] said:
"Magic" is that which makes the impossible into the possible, for a given era. A "result" which can be realized with the application of time and effort is not magic. In the past, when civilization was young, most magi were also magicians, but currently only five remain.
[v] Fate/complete material III: World material - FAQ with Nasu: Servants said:
A: Caster's a magus back in the day that true magic was common so she wouldn't have good affinity with the "Five True Magics of the Modern Era"
[v] Kara no Kyoukai Special Pamphlet - Encyclopedia: Magicians [Others] said:
Magicians [Others]
Nickname of people who can turn mysteries that are not magecraft, things that are impossible, possible.
In the past when civilization was less developed, most magi were magicians.
As civilization developed, the impossible became possible, and many magic devalued into magecraft. Mysteries, in the face of reality, tasted great defeat.
Do these work?

Back