Familiar Actions (PMMM, Roll to Dodge)

ziizo

Lazily Lurking
Welcome to Familiar Actions where you play as a random familiar of Dorothy the witch of randomness and try to complete the different task she gives to you.

If you don't know what a RTD is this is (hopefully) a good explanation:

RTD means Roll to dodge in this type of games you post an action then roll a 1d6 the number given means how successful you are in accomplishing that action. It must be pointed that this isn't a minimalist RTD for that reason the actions must have a IC reasoning to the actions done and there is things you will not be able to do even if you roll a 5.

[1] – failure that makes the current situation even worse.
[2] – failure that has no dire repercussions.
[3] – marginal success – you could have done it better.
[4] – success – you did it.
[5] – perfect success – it couldn't have gone any better.
[6] – overshoot – you did it, but either caused damage to yourself, to someone nearby or to the moral fabric of society.

Combat: opposed rolls – difference indicates degree of success. Subject to GM whimsy.

Death: happens when you either get pulverized, disintegrated, burned to a crisp or manage to have your life force snuffed out via magical means. You can't bleed to death for obvious reasons and lost limbs can be replaced with new, perhaps even better ones through Witchcraft.

While you already have the core of the game down if you've read this far, there are a few additional rules that will help make sure that the game runs smoothly.
  • You cannot retroactively change a roll.
  • You cannot roll to affect a roll. Example: Always roll a five, give a modifier to next roll or things like that aren't acceptable
  • You may not use an action to control the actions of another player.
  • No blatant metagaming. At least pretend to be in-character and stick with the information your character could reasonably know.
  • Your character isn't omnipotent. Again there are things you will not be able to do even if you roll a 5.
I may add more rules later, depending on whether I notice something potentially game-breaking. I will post in this thread to let people know when I add a new rule.

Name: It can be anything because I am bad at naming, so expect most NPC names to be taken from random name generators.
Appearance: All of Dorothy familiars look different, it will affect initial skill.
Personality: Yes, you can have one it would be boring if all of you act robot-like.
Titles: give modifiers to rolls, can be won for doing something spectacular like defeating magical girls or witches in combat, you start with zero.
Skills: give modifiers to rolls, you start with one and will win more at the end of a task or during one but only in special cases in this case.

Last edited:
Back