Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Note: I will Not let this die.

Sufficient Velocity members find themselves stranded in different locations with a means to contact one another, a magi-tech interface on the planet in which all the members are in tune with. These people have large groups and organizations in support of each player character, and all player characters have character traits based on a fictional character. This planet is everything from a harmonious paradise to a death planet. In every case, harmonious or not, you will have to earn your position, in the eyes of the rest of your faction. You must acquire resources, plan research, conduct diplomacy, administrate the economy and infrastructure, and buff your intelligence agency, etcetera as is fitting for the ruler of a nation. At first your organizations must unite in order to overthrow a waning empire that rules over all. Like Odin and his brothers of Norse Mythology, you must carve the world from the metaphorical Ysmir's bones, and start the world as your subjects know them all over again.

The type of subjects you rule over depend on your character build. If you choose, for example, "Merlin" you will likely rule over a huge coven of wizards, warlocks, etcetera. If you choose, "Kratos", you'll likely get a huge following of Spartans and Grecian mythology monsters, etcetera. Character creation works differently from most RPs. Simply make a character sheet with your name, your age, your sex, your personality, history, and Power Template. I suggest you choose a fictional character from most media, and literary franchises as your Power Template, if not, simply writing, "Jedi", or "Wizard" or "Vampire" along with a link is just fine. From your character sheet, I will write down your faction numbers, and special abilities for that specific factions. No, I doubt I will be using dice rolling for this, although I might. This will be free form, or at least, rules lite, if not exactly free form, but let me explain something of how nation creation will work through your character sheet.

If you choose, for example, "Apocalypse" from the X-Men comics for your power template, he is so powerful the only faction he will get is his Four Horseman, and his small cult of a few hundred to a thousand members. If you choose "Yoda" you will get a Jedi temple of something like ten thousand or more Jedi. If you choose something like "The Courier" you can get The New California Republic, for example, or some form of Fallout Faction for your character. However, you can choose to make a few suggestions for your application, and I will decide if they are within reason. If you choose something outlandish, you may end up with a "nation" which is only a small village, which could be vulnerable to getting wiped out in one assault or natural disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back