Echo (MCU TV)

all fictions

I hate you! (it's not against the rules!)
Pronouns
He/Him
Echo was probably one of the best part of Hawkeye, a show I personally thought was pretty decent and fun overall even if its handling of Clint's time as Ronin and a character (it's Kingpin, that's barely a spoiler at this point) that appears towards the end were...shall we say, lackluster. So she was a real standout.

When her spin-off miniseries was announced, it just sounded weird. She was interesting, but did she need a full series? It sounded like part of one of those other myriad projects in the TV mill for the MCU that sounded excessive.

Then I saw the trailer and I'm cautiously excited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFUKnherhuw

The show is also TV-MA, which is also a first for Marvel and also means no sanitized violence, which makes sense for a show in the lower, crasser New York of Daredevil and co.

So we shall see.

Interesting that they're dropping all the episodes at once

I feel kinda sorry for Echo's actress. It's clear that the MCU shows aside from Loki aren't getting any traction. Releasing this after Gen V just finished and Invincible s2 just starting is a death sentence.

I feel kinda sorry for Echo's actress. It's clear that the MCU shows aside from Loki aren't getting any traction. Releasing this after Gen V just finished and Invincible s2 just starting is a death sentence.

Okay so I'm actually an idiot and this is coming out next year instead of soon.

Cats: incapable of literacy

I'm excited about this show mostly just to see Daredevil. Which kind of makes me wish... we could just get Daredevil already.

The show looks fine, but it is still just such an odd choice in a series of odd choices by Marvel to build a show around this character. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, it's just... there's so many things they can still do, and in a time when people are starting to through the word "oversaturated" around, we go ahead an... saturate more with D-list heroes?

That being said though, Marvel going more mature is awesome. I'm gonna watch the show, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Last edited:
I liked it overall. There were a few points in the script that I thought needed another pass. (Why does Biscuit need to raise money to fix the truck when Maya handed him a roll of cash the previous episode to buy gear? She's not gonna pay to cover the damage that she did?) Given that this show is mostly down-to-earth organized crime stuff like in Dardevil, the occasional supernatural elements felt a little out-of-place. (Also ascribing magical powers to Native Americans is... awkward. Given that the Choctaw Nation helped with filming, I guess they felt this was okay?) Worth watching.

I... actually didn't love this show watching it. I kinda felt... bored? Tired? Marvel fatigue really kicking in

Back