Diabolos Branch of Fiore (Fairy Tail AU)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

"In X784, a ship of the Diabolos Guild members make port at Hargeon Town of the Kingdom of Fiore and, after talks with the Ishgar Magic Council, have established a Guild branch there about 2 weeks ago. Soon, everyone in Fiore will know of the Guild of Dragon Slayers. Diabolos-centered story."
Diabolos Branch of Fiore Chapter 1
I have made another Fairy Tail Alternate Universe story which it is about Diabolos, the Guild of 5th Generation Dragon Slayers that hunts down and consume Dragons for power including their forbidden Dragon Force and the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights.

This is somewhat based on Awareness Bringer's "The Fiore Branch of Diabolos" where Natsu was a member of Diabolos instead of Fairy Tail in one of the author's many AU stories he made.

Credits goes to him and go check out his stories.

Synopsis: "In X784, a ship of the Diabolos Guild members make port at Hargeon Town of the Kingdom of Fiore and, after talks with the Ishgar Magic Council, have established a Guild branch there about 2 weeks ago. Soon, everyone in Fiore will know of the Guild of Dragon Slayers. Diabolos-centered story."

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail and its characters including the 100 Years Quest. They respectively belong to Hiro Mashima, the author of the Fairy Tail manga series and Atsuo Ueda, the artist of the 100 Years Quest while Mashima makes the storyboard of the sequel manga.

Enjoy and don't forget to review. :D

Chapter 1​

Hargeon Town, Kingdom of Fiore, Ishgar, Earth Land

In Hargeon's marina, the sailing pirate-themed ship owned by the Diabolos Guild from Guiltina was docked away from the rest of the ships that it stood out. While some onlookers, or more specifically visitors, stared at the strange ship in bewilderment, their confusion only increased seeing a large-sized Guildhall with a statue of an insect-like monster with its head facing the entrance while one of its wing like features has been broken that is situated in the middle of Hargeon Town*.

At first impression or mistake for anyone unaware or ignorant, the building looked more like it belonged to a Dark Guild that had set up shop in Hargeon or took over it. However the Guildhall is revealed with the banners of the Magic Council insignia as it is actually a Legal Guild.

And with the eccentricities of Legal Guilds being common across Fiore, the citizens simply move along with their lives and business as usual after Diabolos built up a Guildhall in Hargeon.

On the bright side, Hargeon became one of the towns that houses a Legal Guild which will soon garner attention and fame for aspiring wizards, flow of Jobs and their rewards, and interested tourists.

Within the guildhall where its members of Diabolos interact with each other over food and drinks or checking out the Job Request board to take Jobs, there is an office of the Guild Master where there is a discussion between three people inside. And it is magically soundproofed in order to keep any eavesdroppers and spies from listening in.

"All right, Madmole, Kiria, this how we'll work it here in Fiore." Skullion Raider, the branch guild master by default in bonelike armor said to his fellows at his desk, after sorting out the paperwork.

He elaborated, "Two weeks ago after the meeting with Ishgar's Magic Council, they have agreed in allowing us to establish a Guild branch representing Diabolos. The mayor of Hargeon, Lily Andrea, have also agreed to allow us renovate this building we currently occupy into our Guildhall after our talks with her. It helps that their Wizard Saints God Serena, who also turned out to be a Dragon Slayer, and Draculos Hyberion took interest and sponsored the Diabolos branch of Fiore to the Magic Council after learning of us being Dragon Slayers."

The armored Madmole commented, "Master, Skullion, I understand Sir God Serena is a Dragon Slayer like us as the reason behind sponsoring us... But it feels like he has some ulterior motives underneath his... flamboyant persona. Bragging about himself being the ultimate Dragon Slayer with eight elements despite being 2nd Generation. He even wants us to appoint him as our branch's Guild Ace as a condition."

He finished, "... And that I find it odd Sir Draculous Hyberion also joined in the sponsorship in the talks with the Ishgar Magic Council so that his daughter Keira Hart can join our Guild."

Skullion Raider stated, "Yes, that sounds suspicious, Madmole... but we don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We got what we needed and our first 7 new members with Dragon Slayer Magic joining us plus God Serena himself 2 weeks ago. Anyways, while we're doing some jobs typical of a Legal Guild, however, we'll also be getting information about Dragon Slayers unaffiliated with other Guilds to recruit and literal Dragons to deal with if they turn out to be alive and hiding in Fiore, Diabolos-style."

"Understood, Master Skullion. Even if the Dragons may or may not yet to be found in Fiore, the Wyverns make good substitutes to slay them despite being lesser cousins of Dragons..." Madmole said before adding. "Although, I hear that the Dragon Slayers are from the previous Generations in this continent. They may not be aware of our... unsavory practices if you know what I mean. In fact, some of our first new members currently in this Guildhall or at missions who joined in our branch here were from the 1st and 2nd Generations."

The Corpse Dragon Slayer stated with acknowledgement, "As long they have pulled their weight and worked hard in this branch, they are welcomed as members of Diabolos. However, we will not be eating the older Generation members no matter how tempting it is to take their powers. I even got Nebaru through his thick skull to follow this direct order or else there will be severe consequences for him if he tries anything."

He added, "In addition, I have to make sure to tell Wraith, who knows better, to keep Nebaru in line. The last thing we need is to get in trouble with the Ishgar Magic Council if and when they somehow find out that we cannibalized our own members even if we cover our tracks. We would end up blacklisted as a Dark Guild in Fiore. We were barely tolerated in Guiltina even after we bent the knee to the Guiltina Magic Council MИP."

Madmole nodded in agreement, "That is true. Despite the strength of our Guild including even with the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights, the Guiltina Magic Council MИP had the upperhand on us with their fleet of airships equipped with the Uranus Cannons aimed at our guildhall after they located us. They even fired one on the mountain nearby the main guildhall as a demonstration. I don't think even my Armor Dragon power can defend against it or all of them at once without getting vaporized into oblivion."

"I remember on that day. Swallowing his pride other than his poor-mannered appetite for the first time, Master Georg Reizen is forced to compromise with them or else we would have been wiped out by the Uranus Cannons from the face of the earth... Now, we have to diversify and expand by taking Jobs that doesn't always involve Dragon hunting in Diabolos, and also creating this branch for a reason... It is a shame that several of the 5th Generation Dragon Slayers chose to join the Guiltina Magic Council in their ranks of the Rune Knights after leaving Diabolos.", Skullion agreed after remembering it.

Madmole and Kiria can only sigh in lamentation but at least they're still alive and they can only adapt and move on.

The Diabolos branch guild master sighed too, "At least they are said to be taking part of the Guiltina Rune Knights' Operation: Wood Dragon Suppression and are training themselves for the day the Wood Dragon God finally awakens from his slumber and begin his rampage that would shake the entire Northern Continent. Out of all the Five Dragon Gods in Guiltina, Aldoron is the most dangerous although Ignia, Selene and Viernes are no pushovers themselves."

"Except Mercphobia. He is the most cordial and negotiable with humans which is the reason why the Guiltina Magic Council agreed to leave him alone to rule Ermina Town. In fact, he even volunteered to drain a considerable portion of his magic power into three Dragon Lacrima which one is possessed by his assistant, the other with the Guiltina's Rune Knights and the last one is in our possession as gifts.", the Armor Dragon Slayer said.

"So long the old fart Elefseria don't get in the way. That stubborn Law Dragon won't give up on his failing 100 Years Quest until it is accomplished which is very unlikely. 99 people who accepted it were not even Dragon Slayers and it's already bound to end in failure.", the Corpse Dragon Slayer dryly commented.

Rolling her eyes while standing with her arms folded at the back of the wall, Kiria in a skimpy bikini-like armored outfit, then inputted. "Whatever. So long as I get to fight strong opponents in this country, it makes no difference to me. I hear that Fiore has plenty of Dark Guilds for me to fight and cut them down when I take such Jobs to wipe them out."

She stuck out her tongue in expectation as was her re-occurring trait of her charming personality but dropped when she noticed something amiss.

"Odd, where did Wraith and Nebaru go? I can't seem to sense or smell them here. I mean they are supposed to attend this discussion.", the Blade Dragon Slayer wondered.

"It seemed that they have wandered off from the Guildhall without us noticing.", the Armor Dragon Slayer speculated.

"Let them be. Those two will show up where we least expect them. Perhaps they are seeing the sights in Hargeon, interacting with the locals and tourists or even take a Job together for all we know. At least Wraith cannot be seen by anyone but Dragon Slayers themselves. Hopefully, Nebaru won't cause too much commotion.", Skullion simply shrugged at the eccentric behavior of the Clinging Dragon Slayer and the Spirit Dragon Slayer.

Kiria laughed in amusement as she commented with a smirk, "I remember the first time when we saw the sights of Hargeon upon landing here in Fiore. We ended up being seen as heroes for exposing the fraud Salamander who had been kidnapping girls with Charm Magic into his yacht for slave trade. And that we got ourselves kudos with Ishgar's Magic Council when the Rune Knights were called in to arrest Bora and his men and rescued the other kidnapped girls from the confiscated yacht."

Madmole nodded with a snicker, "Indeed. It was hilarious that you used your cutting power to undo Bora's Charm Magic and render him butt naked just for trying to charm you of all people. That certainly freed the crowd of girls from his lure and they have beaten him up out of anger for public nudity and called the police. The Rune Knights were able to identify him for his illegal Charm Magic and his occupation as a human trafficker."

The Blade Dragon Slayer shrugged casually as she waved it off like it's no big deal for her, "Eh, it was nothing. I've seen Bora's package in full view after I cut through his clothes of cheap fashion and I'm not impressed. Hahahaha! I can see why he used Charm Magic to compensate for something."

While totally not laughing at such hilarious memory, Skullion coughed to get their get his two comrades' attention, "Alright, let's change the subject. While we do welcome Dragon Slayers from older Generations into this branch, we will have to address their...uh, motion sickness problem."

"The older Generations sure have it rough. Especially when with trains, cars and ships for travel around Fiore. What are you proposing, Master Skullion?", the Armor Dragon Slayer inquired.

The Diabolos branch guild master explained to Madmole and Kiria, "We need to recruit an Enchanter. Someone who can remove the motion sickness from the 1st and 2nd Generation members who suffered from it and they can benefit from transportation like us. A bonus if the Enchanter turn out to be a Dragon Slayer too... However, if there is none that can be found in Fiore, we can find a way to procure a set of lacrimas or custom-made items that prevent motion sickness for each member not from the 5th Generation."

However, Kiria pointed out to the two men, "Not all from those previous Generations have motion sickness here in this branch, you know. Keira Hart, Rhitta Barzard and Paul Rider are one of the few Dragon Slayers in our ranks who are unaffected by transportation. Despite suffering motion sickness herself, Iva Revanati also mentioned Gajeel Redfox from Phantom Lord had no problem with it either before she got kicked out."

The armored man interjected though, "But how long will it last, Kiria? The more they grow stronger, the more likely they will be afflicted with motion sickness in the future. Master Skullion, I propose that we should accept some few non-Dragon Slayer members who can cover the weakness of our non-5th Generation Dragon Slayer members. The Exceed companions of Keira Hart and Freya Raulsdottir, as the examples, proved to be helpful."

"I'd say in my proposal that we could request any available Diabolos members from Guiltina to get transferred here into our branch. Excluding the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights of course for obvious reasons, Master Skullion. However, it may be unlikely that Master Georg would accept it but it's worth a shot.", the female senior Diabolos member gave her idea of her own.

Pondering on the idea, Skullion said, "Hmmm... I will keep that in mind, Madmole, Kiria. Perhaps I am in need of an assistant to help me with this kind of paperwork if we're going to hire non-Dragon Slayers not only as wizards but also staff members... And that Wraith may need a willing human host to channel his Spirit Dragon Slayer Magic in the physical world and interact with the living properly."

He ended with a declaration, "For now, the discussion is over. Go check on our members and see if they have not started brawling inside the Guildhall again. Or take some Jobs from the Request Board if you want to."

Madmole and Kiria nodded and left the guild master's office after exiting through the door while the Corpse Dragon Slayer continued on managing with the paperwork and duties as the Guild Master of the Diabolos branch.

"All in a day's work.", he muttered.

Within the district of Hargeon

Walking quitely among the crowd of civilians in Hargeon, a young woman with black hair in a bun, green eyes, toned body and pronounced canine teeth which reveals her as a Dragon Slayer. She wears a green, sleeved shirt, undershirt and a pair of dark blue, high-waisted pants that cinch just below her knees and a pair of brown shoes too as well as part of her casual clothing. Her guildmark of Diabolos is on her upper left arm that was hidden from view.

She is carrying a pair of bags containing groceries and plant life after purchasing at the store and is heading back to her apartment.

Okay then, I got my food supply restocked for another week and the edible plants needed for emergency replenishment for my Plant Dragon Slayer Magic whenever I go on missions. Everything is checked on my To-Do List. This must be lucky day!, she mentally noted, feeling quite pleased for today.

Iva Revanati finds it surreal that there is a Guild of Dragon Slayers in Fiore after being kicked out of Phantom Lord, and later joining Diabolos two weeks ago. At that time, she lost to Gajeel Redfox who brutally hurt her in a duel in an attempt to prove her worth in Phantom Lord and disappointed Jose Porla, the Guild Master of Phantom Lord, who had her expelled from his Guild as soon as her injuries have been tended to.

It did not help that Gajeel had cruelly mocked Iva for being a 2nd Generation, seeing in his eyes that Dragon Slayers implanted with a Dragon Lacrima into their bodies as weaklings and pretenders to the true Dragon Slayers. Her Phantom Lord guildmark has been removed from her exposed upper left thigh too as well.

With only a backpack of clothes and food, small amount of Jewels and few belongings she carried along, Iva wandered around in disgrace and felt lost.

At least until she was offered a place in Diabolos by Madmole, the nice guy in a suit of armor who approached her with polite courtesy and introduced himself as the Armor Dragon Slayer during her visit in Hargeon.

She is surprised and somewhat skeptical that there is a Guild for Dragon Slayers in Fiore and that Dragon Slayer Magic is supposed to be rare especially for the 2nd Generation like herself as the Dragon Lacrima do not come cheap and it's not something anyone can find on the market easily. After all, the Dragons were believed to be extinct or at least endangered and thought to be a stuff of legends and fairy tales from the ancient past.

Of course, Iva changed her mind upon detecting different Dragon scents upon entering the Guildhall and met with its Guild Master. Privately, she thought the name and appearance of Skullion Raider screams "Obviously Evil Dark Wizard!" at first impression especially his Corpse Dragon Slayer Magic.

The Plant Dragon Slayer learned that the Magic Council had passed on the info about her as a former member of Phantom Lord to Diabolos for recruitment which explains how Madmole knows of her name in their first meeting.

At least they are somewhat welcoming including their Guild Master despite their eccentricities and Iva Revanati officially joined Diabolos as its new member.

At least I can rub it in Gajeel's face that I'm in a Guild of Dragon Slayers if I see him again. And I like it here better than Phantom Lord anyways..., the female Dragon Slayer simply smiled at some silver lining before she got glomped from the back.

"Hey there, Iva! How's it going?", cheered a young woman with short dark auburn hair with silver at the tips and a silver streak on each side, feminine body, red eyes, and pronounced canine teeth which reveals her as a Dragon Slayer too as well. She is dressed in a classic Dracula outfit albeit with a short skirt, long stockings and heels. Her guildmark of Diabolos is on the right side of her chest.

"I'm fine, Keira. Please get off me! I don't want to drop my stuff and waste my money down the drain.", Iva pleaded, trying to shake her off.

Letting go of her fellow Dragon Slayer, Keira Hart teased, "Fine, at least you lightened up a little after you joined us, Plant Dragon."

"Only when I'm in a good mood, you sparkly Vampire Dragon.", the Plant Dragon Slayer quipped with a tongue raspberry.

Keira exploded in comical anger in response, "I TOLD YOU VAMPIRES DO NOT SPARKLE!"

"Oh dear, here we go again.", sighed a silver tabby Exceed with soft golden-brown eyes and dressed in a simple gothic lolita dress. "We just got back from a Job involving Vulcans and now Keira lost her temper again. Seriously, you need to let it go."

"NEVER! REAL VAMPIRES NEVER SPARKLE! EVER!", the Vampire Dragon Slayer exclaimed in passionate fury.

Heading inside the apartment to drop off her bags at her room, Iva Revanati had a good light hearted laugh at her partner getting easy riled up of such joke as the Vampire Dragon Slayer hated that trashy vampire novel giving vampires a bad name and is very passionate whenever someone assumed she can sparkle too which they get a beating of their lives.

It's easy to rile her up during bar brawls, spars or Jobs that involves taking down Dark Guilds ever since Iva joined Diabolos and became partners with Keira who joined too.

As the 1st Generation, Keira Hart told Iva that she was taught Vampire Dragon Slayer Magic with the element of blood from her Dragon mother, Nightstorm. Although Keira did not mention what exactly happened to Nightstorm before being found and adopted by Draculous Hyberion and his wife Mina Hart, and that at some point, she found and hatched her Exceed companion Stella from her egg too as well.

Iva just simply assumed that Keira's Dragon parent also disappeared on July 7, X777 just like Gajeel's Dragon father Metalicanna whom she overhears it in one of his drunken moments back at Phantom Lord before her expulsion.

Of course, out of justified caution after learning that Gajeel would go on a violent fit if someone asks him about it, she won't pry into it and respect Keira's privacy.

After finishing dropping off her stuff, the Plant Dragon Slayer left her apartment room and hang around with Keira for a walk, a very enthusiastic walk. Deciding to enter the only Magic store found in Hargeon and checking some of the antique items to purchase called the Proper Grocer, the female Dragon Slayers noticed a blonde girl conversing with the elderly store owner.

She wears a tight sleeveless white shirt with a blue cross motif where her large chest was tucked inside and bounced against the strained fabric. Along with the pleated blue skirt with a brown leather belt, a pouch with a few gold and silver keys, an actual black whip with a heart shape at its tip, black shin high boots, thin waist with a firm stomach and curved hips.

And that she smells nice too as well to the Dragon Slayers' noses.

"What?!", the blonde busty woman said with surprise to the old man, slamming her hands on the desk of the shop. "You mean to tell me there's only one Magic store in this whole town?"

"'Fraid so.", the old man told her in response. "The people around here are more fishin' folk than Magic folk. I reckon most people in town don't even know how to use Magic. Except the new Guild that was established in Hargeon and legalized by the Magic Council. As for me, I built this shop to sell to the wizards that happen to be passing through especially the members of that new Guild too."

While Iva Revanati and Keira Hart and also Stella looked around the Proper Grocer store for some interesting Magic Items to take and purchase, they can't help but overhear the blonde in her conversation with the Magic shop owner. In order to not get attention, Keira had her mind connected with her two friends due to learning a trick she learned from her adoptive father and his Vampire Magic.

Thank you for teaching me how to use this, dad., Keira thought in gratefulness.

It must be nice to have parents, Keira..., Iva thought after hearing it and feeling a bit jealous due to having some parental issues.

Don't worry about it, you have us Iva., Stella reassured which the Plant Dragon Slayer appreciates it.

"Aw man. I can't believe I came all the way here for nothing.", she said in disappointment.

"Now, now, don't say that little lady.", the Proper Grocer owner reassured as he dug behind the desk and brought out a Magic Item. "I have all the greatest goods in my store. Let me show you. This Colors Magic is popular and all the young girls seem to like it. It lets you change the colors of your clothes anytime you want."

The Magic Item in question was a small pink tablet and the old man did some small fiddling on the dial on the front, which a green Magic circle is formed from it right in front of him. "Purple!", he shouted excitedly with a wave of his hand and just like that, his clothes turned purple. With another handwave, the colors of his clothes changed once again. "Green!"

"I already have one of those.", the blonde woman waved off the offer and explained what she is looking for. "What I really wanted are some powerful Gate Keys."

"Gate Keys huh? That's a rare request.", the Proper Grocer owner commented.

Huh, she must be a Celestial Spirit wizard., Iva Revanati mentally noted in observing.

Gee, what gave it away, Captain Obvious? The blonde's pouch of gold and silver keys on her belt?, Stella mentally snarked which made the Plant Dragon Slayer roll her eyes at the Exceed's sass.

Giggling a little, Keira Hart mentally stated from Iva and Stella, Apparently so, only they can use the keys to summon Celestial Spirits at their bidding. She has some few gold keys from the Zodiac which is rare and silver keys are common in Fiore.

"Oh wow! It's The Little Doggy!", she said excitedly as the Proper Grocer manager told her that the spirit summoned by the silver key in his store's possession is not strong but she didn't mind and wanted to have keep one of them as a pet. "So how much is it for the key?", she then asked.

"Twenty thousand Jewels.", the owner said as he was happy that he was able to do business with his customers.

"... I'm sorry. How much is that?", the blonde Celestial Spirit wizard asked again one more time in case she was hearing it wrong as the complexion on her face seemed to shadow quite ominously.

"Twenty thousand Jewels.", the store owner repeated the exact price again with a smile and shadowed face too as well.

Obviously dissatisfied and clearly desperate for a lower price just to obtain a regular old silver Celestial Spirit, the busty teen tried to use her, um, assets with a sexy pose to try convince the old man to lower the cost of... just 1,000 Jewels. Apparently, the busty teen have failed to um... persuade the old man to change his mind despite her voluptuous body.

Oh God, is she this desperate?, the two female Diabolos members and an Exceed sweatdropped together in their mental link at her lame attempt.

After the blonde Celestial Spirit wizard left the Proper Grocer in an annoyed huff and did not even notice the three, Iva, Keira and Stella purchased some of the Magic Items that they have picked up and left the store too as well, continuing to explore around Hargeon in their free time. Keira undo the mental link with her friends now that it is unneeded.

Stella dryly commented about it while walking as she does not need to use her Aera wings, "Well that was weird. The blonde really thought she can seduce a man who's old enough to be her uncle grandpa. Feels pretty wrong if you ask me."

"Yeah, the way she acted reminds me of a sheltered rich girl being quite inexperienced with the outside world for the first time. No offense, Keira.", the Plant Dragon Slayer stated her observation before realizing who she is referencing from.

The Vampire Dragon Slayer giggled as she waved off her partner's concern, "None taken. I did tell Mom and Dad that I wanted to go out and see the world so I did by joining Diabolos that Dad recommended. Although Mom was pretty concerned about that Guild for some reason. But I agree with you there, Iva."

The two female Diabolos members sniffed a familiar Dragon scent in the town and looked up to see Nebaru in a jumpsuit swinging around the buildings of Hargeon like a comic book superhero with web powers. He looked he is the best day of his life with his hobby. "Hey, it's Nebaru! Hello there!", the adopted daughter of Draculos Hyberion called out.

Nebaru greeted after seeing his fellow guildmates of the Diabolos branch and made a superhero landing on a ground in all fours, "Hello guildmates! Happy to see Vampire Dragon, Plant Dragon! Oh and gothic kitty too!"

"Say that again and I'll smack you, weirdo! I have a name!", Stella yelled indignantly in annoyance which Iva grabbed the silver tabby Exceed in her arms.

"Hi, Clinging Dragon! How are you lately?", Keira greeted her senior Diabolos member with a smile.

Nebaru nodded happily with his tongue wagging, "Me okay, Keira! Me enjoy swinging around port town like webhead superhero! Me play hide and seek with Wraith! Always winning, rarely lose! Me keep score! 20: me, 6: Wraith! Yes!"

Stella deadpanned snark at his broken way of speech, "You really should work on your communication skills."

"He is like a puppy. A dangerous puppy though. And smart with basic mathematics too as well if I may add", Iva Revanati noted of Nebaru's playfulness which is kinda endearing in a creepy way.

Hearing his own stomach growling, Nebaru stated grumpily as he folded his arms with a humph, "Me hungry though... No Dragons in Fiore. Only Wyverns to eat. Not satisfying. But me deal with it. Me good boy. Not want Master Skullion get angry at me. Scary he is."

"Don't worry about it, Nebaru. How about we get back to the guildhall and treat you some delicious cooked meat? My treat. I'll double it if you get there earlier before us.", Keira Hart tells the Clinging Dragon Slayer which the latter accepted in excitement and raced back to the Guildhall by using his sticky powers to web sling all the way across Hargeon.

Finding this fun and amusing, the two Dragon Slayers and their Exceed companion followed their arachnid-themed senior member with Stella using her Aera wings to carry Keira Hart and Iva Revanati maneuvering acrobatically across the port town's buildings by doing Jump Good.

Meanwhile in the streets of Hargeon

Walking down the streets of the port town filled with people going about their lives and business, Lucy Heartfilia complained in irritation upon obtaining a silver key now in her possession, "Arrghh! I can't believe he only knocked down a thousand Jewel! That stubborn old geezer must be blind! The trick usually works! So much using my feminine wiles."

Suddenly, the Celestial Spirit wizard bumped into someone for not paying attention to what's in front of her during her moment of annoyance. Lucy ended up landing on her butt for her trouble.

"Are you alright?", asks a tall young man with dark silver hair, blue eyes, muscular body and pronounced canine teeth which also reveals him as a Dragon Slayer. He wears a black jacket with a silver shirt underneath, black knee-high trousers, and rubber shoes. His guildmark of Diabolos is on the right side of his back.

Lucy replied before realized something, "Owww... I'm fine. I'm sorry! I did not mean to bump into you!"

Giving her a hand which she took to get up from the ground, he reassured, "No worries. You better watch where you're going there. You might get yourself hurt."

"Thanks, I'm Lucy. Who are you?", Lucy asks in wonder.

The young man replied, "The name's Paul Rider. I'm a member of Diabolos."

Later on, Lucy decided to show her gratitude and return the favor by treating Paul Rider for a meal at the Hargeon Restaurant. The two had gotten a small booth and are currently enjoying food and drinks ordered. And they made quite a conversation during lunch time.

"Diabolos? As in you're the new Guild in Hargeon Town?!", the Celestial wizard said in surprise after remembering the Proper Grocer owner mentioning about a new Guild setting up in this port town.

Paul nodded with a proud grin, "Yup, that's us. Diabolos, the newly legitimized Guild approved by the Magic Council just two weeks ago"

"Sounds like an evil name if you ask me.", Lucy commented on it, surprised that a Legal Guild has such a name.

"Gahahahahaha! Yeah, we get that a lot. Although I have to admit that our guild does sound like a Dark Guild by first impression. Then again, it's the Guild Master's choice of name and it stays that way. Besides, actions speak louder than words and eventually everyone in Fiore will get used to us.", the male Dragon Slayer stated.

The Heartfilia girl said, "Oh I see. Good luck with your Guild. I'm sure it will get famous on Sorcerer Weekly someday."

"Ha! That will be the day when that happens and thanks. Say, what about you? Are you a member of a Guild or an independent wizard looking for a Guild to join?", Paul Rider questioned to Lucy.

"The latter one and I'm going to join Fairy Tail.", Lucy answered with a smile on her face.

With a small hint of annoyed look, Paul muttered, "Fairy Tail huh? Well, that's... nice. But have you tried other Guilds lately? Just being curious."

The Celestial Spirit wizard shook her head and did not seem to notice his dislike of her dream Guild as she said, "Nope. The other Guilds like Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel are nice but Fairy Tail is the Guild I wanted to join and despite their destructive reputation, they are the coolest in Fiore. I admired them when I was a kid."

"Well, it's your choice. I hope you know what you're in for.", the male Dragon Slayer simply shrugged, having a feeling that she will be in for a surprise upon meeting Fairy Tail up close and personal.

"Fairy... Tail?...", a ghostly voice whispered which brought a chill down on Paul Rider's spine when he heard it.

He saw Wraith in a long coat with sleeves that hide his hands inside the Hargeon Restaurant with the people passing through him as if he wasn't there at all. The Spirit Dragon Slayer is just standing there next to Lucy... impassively in the middle of the establishment. He looked like he was trying to discern the meaning of the Guild's name with his exhausted eyes narrowing.

In Paul Rider's honest opinion, it is pretty unsettling to know that there is a ghost of a Dragon Slayer walking around among the living which no one but Dragon Slayers can see or hear him.

On the bright side, Wraith is a pretty friendly and polite guy around the Diabolos guildhall second to Madmole, a fellow Dragon Slayer with the toughest defense.

Still, why do I have a feeling that Wraith may have a history with Fairy Tail when he was still alive? Then again, he has some memory loss issues after someone apparently killed him in the past according to Madmole who told me about it..., Paul thought in caution as he wonder what is Wraith thinking in his head.

"Are you alright, Paul? You looked like you've seen a ghost.", Lucy asked in concern after seeing the young man getting the nervous look for some reason. She turned around to look at Paul's direction...

And she saw nothing other than civilians on dining tables and waiters or waitresses serving food and drinks to their customers.

Sighing in resignation, Wraith gave up on trying to remember after hearing about Fairy Tail and addressed his fellow Diabolos member, "Hmmm... It does not matter. I will go search for Nebaru. Making sure he doesn't cause too much trouble. Enjoy your lunch, Metal Dragon..."

Shaking his head while seeing Wraith floating away to phase through the Hargeon Restaurant's wall to leave the premises, the male Dragon Slayer reassured with a smile, "Oh it's nothing, Lucy. Just having a little flashback moment there. Nothing to be concerned of."

The blonde Celestial wizard seemed to accept his answer and said, "Oh I see. Do you mind if I get to see your Guildhall, Paul? I figured it won't hurt to check it out before I leave Hargeon for Fairy Tail in the next train ride."

"Sure thing, Lucy! After we finish our lunch, I'll take you there. I might even introduce you to my friends too. It'd be worth the visit.", the Metal Dragon Slayer agreed with her while in his thoughts. I mean it's not like we can recruit her anyway. We're a Guild of Dragon Slayers or at least the branch of Diabolos as Master Skullion stated when I first joined. And that she is a Celestial Spirit wizard after seeing her pouch of keys. So good luck to her joining Fairy Tail.

Besides, I cannot imagine Lucy as a Dragon Slayer at all. Hahahahahaha! The concept itself is very ridiculous and farfetched.
, he humorously added.

Author's Notes: Well, that's a wrap for the first chapter of "Diabolos Branch of Fiore" where the Dragon Eaters guild had established a branch in Hargeon and already dealt with Bora, the first antagonist of Fairy Tail show, long before Lucy showed up in this town. Which means Natsu never had a reason to show up since there is no rumor of Salamander appearing in Hargeon in the first place.

At least not yet until Natsu hears about a Guild of Dragon Slayers later in the future...

*Diabolos Branch guildhall is the building (now adorned with an insect monster-like statue and the banners of the Magic Council and Diabolos in this story) where Bora stood outside to use his Charm Magic to nab a crowd of girls and also Lucy too before Natsu unwittingly interfered and met her in Episode 1.

Credits goes to Awareness Bringer, AJStyles, sleepingfairy28 and FairySinGirl, and I recommend that you guys should go check out and read their stories at Fanfiction . Net. They're good read.

Chapter 2
Hello there everyone and here's the second chapter of "Diabolos Branch of Fiore" is here.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail and its characters including the 100 Years Quest. They respectively belong to Hiro Mashima, the author of the Fairy Tail manga series and Atsuo Ueda, the artist of the 100 Years Quest while Mashima makes the storyboard of the sequel manga.

Chapter 2​

At the Diabolos Branch Guildhall, Hargeon Town

After finishing their lunch and leaving the Hargeon Restaurant with the bills paid for the meals, Paul Rider the Metal Dragon Slayer and Lucy Heartfilia the Celestial Spirit wizard arrived at a large-sized Guildhall with a statue of an insect-like monster with its head facing the entrance while one of its wing like features has been broken that is situated in the middle of Hargeon Town.

"Whoa, you really need to work on your guild theme!", Lucy remarked with surprise and apprehension after seeing its scary looking building design in front of her. It's like a haunted house or a den of supervillains in a middle of a lively town!

"Like I said, don't judge the book by its cover, Lucy! It looks scary at first on the outside. But on the inside, it's quite welcoming.", Paul reassured with a lighthearted laugh before casually walking through the guildhall's door.

"If you say so...", the blond girl hoped as she followed him.

Upon entering the building, Lucy finds the interior of the Diabolos guildhall to be like that of an elaborate tavern, although she did notice that there are some several Dragon skulls, which seemed legitimate looking for some reason, hanging on the walls like trophy mounts for some reason, with a parquet floor and a mezzanine held up by stone beams overlooking it.

There were several long benches with the related tables that stretched across its length with a bar, and the request board is located beside the said bar.

She noticed Paul meeting up with his guildmates who welcomed him at the table where they are having their own lunch with a set of delicious looking food. Diabolos looks pretty small. I thought there would be more members here. Then again, they have been a new guild on Fiore recently. It will take a while until they gain prestige and attention., she thought in observation.

"Hey there, guys! How's it hanging?", Paul asked with a cheeky grin.

"Me hang on ceilings a lot, Metal Dragon! Me yoink meat now! Yoink!", quipped a lean creepy looking spider-themed man as he came down from the ceiling like a spider would do to quickly snatch a plate full of meat for himself.

Metal Dragon? What does he mean? What did the weirdo mean by that?!, Lucy wondered as she felt unnerved at the dark skintight suit-wearing Diabolos member with a creepy face and long tongue upon looking at him.

"Boo this man! Booooooooo!", called out the talking cat in a simple gothic lolita dress as she looked very unamused at his deliberate pun attempt.

The black haired young woman in green blouse and pants simply rolled her eyes while eating a plate of meat on the table. "Let it go, Stella."

Stella made a cheeky raspberry look at her, "Then you better watch out if your plate gets taken, Iva!"

The classic vampire-looking young woman responded with a smile as she held a glass cup with contents that appeared to be milk to take a casual sip, "That aside, we're doing alright, Paul. We just had a little race with Nebaru across Hargeon towards the guildhall as the finishing line. And since he got there first before us, we have to treat him."

Paul looked up to see Nebaru enjoying himself with the food to his heart's content on the balcony. The Clinging Dragon may have been creepy by all accounts but he is ultimately harmless and friendly despite his obsession with Dragon meat even though there are no Dragons around in Ishgar yet so far.

Especially when Keira told him about the disappearance of her Dragon parent, Nightstorm.

"I see what you mean, Keira. Anyways, I brought a visitor here.", he said and pointed his guildmates at Lucy.

"Hello, my name is Lucy. Nice to meet you.", the Celestial wizard introduced herself with a friendly smile.

The two female Diabolos members and a talking cat stared at her for a few seconds and it looked like that they clearly recognized her before.

"Hey, you're the blondie who's desperate to get the old man from Proper Grocer to lower the Silver Key's price tag with your lame attempt at sex appeal!", Stella called out to her with an unimpressed look.

With a scandalized look of shock, Keira admonished her. "Stella! That's too blunt!"

Lucy blushed with embarrassment, shouting at the talking cat who covered her ears. "Wait what?! How the heck did you know that?!"

Deciding to explain and calm her down, Iva replied, "We were there at the Proper Grocer earlier to check out some Magic Items available in store, Miss Lucy. Keira, Stella and I saw that you were being a bit desperate on getting the key's price to be lowered down. Then you left in a huff after getting the key before you even notice us."

Stella said bluntly as she shook her head with disapproval at Lucy, "Creepy, isn't it? You tried to flirt with someone who's old enough to be your uncle grandpa. Shame on you."

The Celestial Spirit wizard can only look down in shame after hearing that from the Plant Dragon Slayer and the talking cat in a gothic dress. That didn't leave a really good impression on Paul's friends. Way to go, Lucy..., she internally lamented.

"Alright, Stella. Knock it off. I'm here to give our guest a tour on Diabolos.", the Metal Dragon Slayer defended.

Iva questioned as she narrowed her eyes at Lucy with suspicion, "You're inviting her to be here?"

Paul nodded in confirmation as he stated, "Well, she just wanted to see what our guild looks like before leaving Hargeon for Magnolia."

It didn't take a genius for the former Phantom Lord member to know that she is going to most likely meet and join Fairy Tail, the most infamous Guild in Fiore. Of course, it is none of her business since she doesn't have to use the party line of Jose Porla's Guild with their petty rivalry towards Fairy Tail and simply shrug after accepting the Metal Dragon's explanation.

With a welcoming smile that showed her pair of fangs, the Vampire Dragon Slayer cheerfully shook Lucy's hand. "Well in that case, welcome to Diabolos, Lucy! I'm Keira Hart and my friends here are Iva Revananti, Stella and Nebaru. We're a Guild of Dragon Slayers!"

That took the Heartfilia young woman by surprise with her eyes widen like dinner plates to learn what kind of Guild that Paul and his friends were members of and what Magic they have possessed respectively. "Wait, what?! You guys are Dragon Slayers?! Does that mean everyone in this Guild is one?", Lucy questioned with a look of shock as she realized what the Dragon skulls on the walls meant.

"Except the gothic kitty!", Nebaru casually called out from above as he took another bite of the delicious meat on his plate.

"Hey!", Stella yelled out indignantly.

"Actually, we are more of a branch in this country of Fiore. The True Diabolos is located at Guiltina, the Northern Continent of Earth Land and it's led by Georg Reizen, the real master of this Guild. But yes, every single member here is a Dragon Slayer except Miss Stella of course.", a deep voice of suave and authority explained which got the attention of Lucy, and Paul and his fellow Dragon Slayers overhearing it.

Looking up, Lucy saw an older man dressed up in Dragon bone-themed armor with a dark cape and he is pretty intimidating especially with his arms folded when he was just standing there on the second floor.

Albeit menacingly. He even looked quite amused when he revealed himself.

Whoa, he's scary! He looked like an evil supervillain from a fantasy novel!, she thought with apprehension and nervousness.

"Master Skullion Raider.", Paul called out respectfully as he stood at attention. His fellow guildmates followed suit including even the sassy Stella.

"Wait what?! He's your Guild Master?!", Lucy questioned with her eyes widened in surprise as she made a double check just to be sure and inwardly panicked at his appearance. Even his name sounded evil! Who the heck goes around with that kind of name?!

The man with skeletal armor chuckled with amusement as he casually floated down from the second floor without needing to use the stairs at all. "Yes, indeed. I am Skullion Raider, Guild Master of the Diabolos Branch of Fiore and also the Corpse Dragon Slayer."

Definitely an evil supervillain!, the Celestial Spirit wizard internally panicked as she tried to remain composed.

"I know what you're thinking Lucy. I had that first impression too as well when I joined this Guild and met Master Skullion. Don't worry, he is actually a good boss.", Iva called out after seeing her reaction towards the guild master of Diabolos branch.

Simply waving off, the Corpse Dragon Eater reassured with an approachable manner. "Do not worry, Miss Lucy. I get that a lot from others when they first met me and you shouldn't judge the book by its cover."

Lucy felt quite ashamed for that but at least this Skullion seemed pretty courteous for a man who dressed up in skeletal armor. She said with a nod of acknowledgement, "I see. I will keep that mind."

Another deep voice with a tone of politeness called out which Lucy turned her attention towards at, "Ah I see you're here, Paul Rider. I would like to come with me to the open fields outside Hargeon. Today is our sparring session once again."

It was a tall man with a usually serious expression, and unique eyebrows, long earlobes, and cornrows-styled black hair that is tied back into a ponytail by a clasp. And he wears a full-plate suit of armor as his form of attire as he does his Xie Bu hand stance. I wonder what kind of element he possesses... Maybe he is similar with Paul perhaps?... , Lucy thought with curiosity upon observing him.

Nodding, the Metal Dragon did the kung fu salute by placing open left hand placed next to a closed right fist towards the armored man who is his teacher before him. "Understood, Mr. Madmole. I am ready to spar with you. However, I promised Lucy that I'd give her a tour of the guild.", he said.

"Do not worry, Mr. Rider. I will take it from here.", Master Skullion reassured.

Paul conceded with his leader and advised Lucy, "If you need answers, don't hesitate to ask our guild master. Enjoy the rest of the tour."

"Okay.", the blonde woman agreed as she watched Paul and Madmole leave the guildhall and they were followed by Iva, Keira and Stella who had finished their meals or left them unattended. Although Nebaru remained where he is as he swiped the plates from the table with his sticky web slingers to his hands and enjoyed himself to his heart's content.

The man with a Dragon bone-themed armor told her as he turned around to float up above, "Follow me. We can talk at the office."

Following the leader of Dragon Slayer guild to the second floor of the guildhall, Lucy thought. Get it together Lucy. Like Paul said, don't judge the book by its cover. Mister Skullion was scary in first impression but was actually personable up close. Although I hope their Guild Master didn't know who I am. I'm just Lucy.

At the guild office of Diabolos branch

Oh I know who you really are, Lucy Heartfilia. Heiress of the Heartfilia Konzern and daughter of Layla Heartfilia the Celestial Spirit wizard.

Skullion thought with bemusement as he observed the blonde woman looking around his office of the branch guildhall that seemed pretty normal upon entering. The Corpse Dragon Eater did his research after being appointed as head of the new branch in order to know more of the Kingdom of Fiore so that he will be prepared and informed.

One of such research happened to be the Heartfilia Konzern was one of the richest conglomerates and that its bloodline was infamously known for their women looking exactly the same as their ancestor Anna Heartfilia along with strong affinity for Celestial Spirit Magic inherited from the said matriarch of the very strong family tree for 400 years.

Although I wonder what is your reason to leave behind your privileged life and attempt to embrace a life of a wizard while retaining some of your connections with your rich family. It's not unheard of among the heirs who had done that before with stories of failure or success. But I will play along for now., he added before stating while getting a tray of tea cups, teapot and sandwiches for his guest. "Take a seat Miss Lucy. Make yourself comfortable."

The blonde young woman nodded as she sat down on the chair that faced the main desk of the guild master and watched Skullion place the tray on it and pour the tea on the cups. "I have a question, Mister Skullion. Are there more members of this Guild? I noticed it looked oddly small even though Paul told me that it just started 2 weeks ago.", she asked as she took one of the cups of tea and sip on it.

Deciding to omit God Serena in order to not surprise Lucy who would certainly recognize the First Wizard Saint being very well-known in Ishgar, Skullion answered as he settled down on his chair to face her. "Yes, indeed. We have 5 more members in Diabolos. Kiria recently left after taking a Job Request from Galuna Island with Rhitta Barzard; and Freya Raulsdottir and her partner Lulu were on a Job at Oshibana Town. And Wraith... well, let's just say that he's quite a soul-searching fellow."

"... That's a little too on the nose, Master Skullion."

It's a good thing that the Dragon bone-themed armored man had a poker face when he saw the Spirit Dragon Slayer casually phasing through the walls of his office just to overhear Skullion describing him to Lucy and comment on it. It's a good thing that only Dragon Slayers can see and hear Wraith.

Otherwise, his guest would have become suspicious if he was talking to someone she cannot see and assume that he is talking to an imaginary friend and leave a bad impression.

"I see. I hope your Guild gets recognition. Especially on Sorcerer Weekly.", Lucy said as she held on her cup.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. It will take time and effort to reach that though but we will get there eventually.", Skullion said before wondering. "By the way, I have a question of my own. What is your Magic? I assume that the pouch of keys you're carrying around are Holder Type Magic."

"I'm a Celestial Spirit wizard.", she answered.

"I hear that such Magic is quite rare around in Fiore. Even rarer for practitioners of Celestial Spirit Magic.", Skullion noted as he already knew that while he also observed Wraith raising an eyebrow at the reveal of their guest's power. "Are there any Celestial Spirits you've contracted in particular?"

"Let me show you what I've got.", Lucy stated before she put down the cup and laid out seven keys from her pouch on the table of the Corpse Dragon Eater, three gold and four silver. She then explained each of the Celestial Spirits she was contracted with: Taurus the Golden Bull, Aquarius the Water Bearer, Cancer the Giant Crab, Crux the Southern Cross, Horologium the Clock, Lyra the Lyre and finally the recently acquired Nikora the Canis Minor.

The guild master of Diabolos branch released an impressed yet intrigued whistle upon laying his eyes on the Magic Items that summons these Celestial Spirits possessed by the Heartfilia girl on the table. "Three out of the twelve Gold Keys? Interesting. Either you're a successful finder and keeper, or you're more loaded than I expected.", he commented.

Lucy quickly stuttered sheepishly at the remark. "Me? Loaded? No, not really! I mean, I just travel here and there!"

Or that you used your family's riches and connections to procure those keys yourself... Yes you're definitely more loaded., Skullion deadpanned thought while his face remained impassive.

Forcing a laugh that even she find it cringe and can see the Dragon bone armored man's flat look on his face, the blonde young woman continued. "Just don't get me started when I tried to get a high key discount with my sex appeal just before I met Paul and his friends! Alright, stopping now."

The Guild Master of Diabolos Branch simply shook his head as a way of saying that the conversation could be saved for later before changing the topic. "Anyway, Miss Lucy, do you intend to join a Guild?"

"Oh yes, I do! I wanted to join Fairy Tail. I told Paul that I would go to Magnolia where they are after I check out this guild for a tour.", Lucy answered, eager to move away from the embarrassing moment witnessed by the female members of Diabolos at Proper Grocer without her knowing until recently.

"But isn't Fairy Tail the strongest Guild in Fiore? Filled with very powerful and skilled wizards of their own right. I hear that they were quite infamous for causing lots of reckless property damage wherever they take Jobs and caused a lot of trouble with the Magic Council with their Guild Master Makarov Dreyar trying to mitigate the damage with little results.", Skullion remarked as he thought.

Not only that, there were only two Dragon Slayers from said Guild: Natsu Dragneel the Fire Dragon and Laxus Dreyar the Lightning Dragon whose magical signature is somewhat similar to that of Kirin the Yellow Dragon. The grandson of Makarov wasn't exactly subtle about it despite his poor attempts to conceal his real power.

It was a shame that Diabolos won't have those two on their side due to their strong loyalty to Fairy Tail albeit with different way of showing it respectively, which is understandable. Either way, it will remain open for any Dragon Slayer out there in Fiore to be drawn in by the name and reputation of Diabolos to be welcomed and be part of the branch.

So long the Dragon Eaters keep their hands to themselves from trying to kill and cannibalize them, and not get into trouble with the Magic Council.

Not to mention, Wraith had taken Elexion's soul that was haunting Kirin and ate it for the Lightning Dragon King's power to get stronger. He wouldn't be a Spirit Dragon Eater otherwise. If rumors of Dragon spirits that haunt at the graveyard of Dragon bones hidden underneath Crocus are true, he will have an all-you-can-eat buffet and his new levels of power would give even the likes of God Serena the Eight Dragons a run for his money... However, Wraith still needs a physical vessel though but it requires the host to fulfill the 3 conditions to handle his power through a Synchro Rate..., he internally added.

As if he's reading his mind, the Spirit Dragon Eater raised his hand to experiment on the white lightning on his hands albeit subdued.

"I know that! Fairy Tail is cool and awesome, and I would love to join them one day. It's like a dream come true to meet with my idols and be part of the Guild!", she said with starry eyes, unaware of the small lightning sparks behind her as she's in her imaginary dreamland.

"Fairy Tail...Makarov... Dreyar... ", Wraith muttered as he was trying to remember to little result.

If you join Fairy Tail, it means that the Guild will have access to the Heartfilia Konzern's funds sponsoring them through you. Makarov would be relieved to use it to pay off the many debts that he owed from borrowing money and invest on them. And it will all go down the drain once again when his "children" cause trouble once again. It would also bankrupt Miss Lucy's fortune as a result. Not on my watch., Skullion believed that it would be the case and decided to act on it for his Guild's advantage.

The Diabolos branch guild master said, "You have a good point. But remember: don't judge the book by its cover, Miss Lucy. It's true that Fairy Tail was quite an admirable guild to look up towards... but they have the strongest wizards in its ranks for a reason."

"One does not simply go to Fairy Tail and join them, hoping to get accepted right on the spot.", he stated.

At the Fairy Tail guildhall where members enjoy themselves with food and drink to their heart's content and hanging around with each other, Makarov in his casual jester outfit sneezed loudly for some reason.

"I suppose you're right. To join a Guild, you must register yourself and pass their tests first in order to be qualified to join. Otherwise, you won't be considered as a full fledged wizard.", Lucy nodded albeit with a frown that reality had to get in the way of her dreams.

The Corpse Dragon Eater smiled as he said, "Exactly. Fairy Tail was known for its very high quality of wizards that only Phantom Lord can compete with through quantity with thousands of members drawn from their numerous branches that were established across Fiore. Because of that, members of Fairy Tail were regarded for their exceptional strength and combat capabilities that are above regular wizards and joining such a Guild won't be easy as it sounded."

"There is a reason why Fairy Tail has 100 people within its ranks after all.", he finished.

The Celestial Spirit wizard paled at the image on her head and learning of the implications after hearing Skullion's explanation about her dream Guild's standards that allowed them to reach their status as the strongest in the Kingdom of Fiore. She was worried that she may not make the cut and end up failing to join Fairy Tail due to being a newbie wizard who had recently left her comfort zone of the Heartfilia Konzern and entered the world of wizards without preparations.

"Oh... this sucks. There goes my dream...", Lucy said with a glum look on her face.

Hook, line and sinker., Skullion inwardly smirked as he made a proposal that would certainly entice her. "How about this, Miss Lucy.? Join my Guild. You can use this opportunity to learn how guild wizards work and gain experience from it. You might even train to get stronger and more proficient with your Celestial Spirit summoning."

Lucy's eyes widened like dinner plates and protested in response, "W-wha-what? Me? But I am not a Dragon Slayer, Mister Skullion. I mean aren't Dragon Slayers a part of your Guild's theme?"

"Yes, that is true. However, the Exceeds Stella and Lulu are not Dragon Slayers despite being members of this branch and they have been invaluable partners to Iva and Freya. And I forgot to mention that I am open for hire for any wizard who joins Diabolos even if they're not wielders of Dragon Slayer Magic. After all, just because a Guild has a theme that stands them out, it doesn't mean it has to be that accurate.", the branch guild master of Diabolos revealed before quipping.

"It's not like as if Fairy Tail have actual fairies in its ranks. The same I can say for Blue Pegasus having actual pegasi. Or Lamia Scale having actual lamias. Or even Quattro Cerberus having actual hound guardians of the Underworld themselves."

He also added to his thought, Or Magia Dragon having actual Dragons. The old fart Elefseria does not count at all.

Wraith wistfully commented that only Skullion can hear him, "... Or Ghoul Spirit having actual ghouls or spirits when Nebaru, Rhitta and I encountered them during a mission to retrieve a book for Kaby Melon at Shirotsume Town."

We do not talk about what you did to that Dark Guild. Even though you completed the Job in order to put the client's ghosts of the past to rest and not accept the reward that never really existed in the first place anyway., the Corpse Dragon Eater inwardly shivered at that noodle incident which there were very concerning reports sent to him from the Magic Council about "flaming skulls, sharp teeth, chanting and disturbing giggling" after the three members of Diabolos had returned from Shirotsume Town seemingly empty handed.

Only Nebaru was disturbed from that experience and didn't want to talk about it at all. Which was why Skullion appointed Wraith to be Nebaru's handler just in case the Clinging Dragon Eater cannot control his bestial urges and keep him in check.

It's also quite aggravating that Rhitta apparently found it too hilarious from her point of view to not want to explain about it in full detail.

Still unaware of the Spirit Dragon Eater's presence behind her, Lucy remarked. "I see. I will join Diabolos. But I have a condition."

Pleased and curious at the same time, Skullion pondered. "Oh what is it, Miss Lucy?"

"I would like to have 7 month trial membership in your Guild. To know how it is like the work as a guild wizard and gain experience from it. And that my money was getting low after traveling around in Fiore to get my mother's two other Gold Keys. I can only afford one more train ride to Magnolia.", the blonde young woman propositioned with a determined face.

I wonder why do you not just simply withdraw funds from your fortune. Oh well, 7 months would be enough to ingratiate the Heartfilia girl to be part of Diabolos when she bonds with the rest of the members. With the added bonus of offering the Water Dragon God's Lacrima to her if she's interested, she would make a perfect wielder as the Second Generation... The Dragon bone-themed armored man raised an eyebrow before taking out a Guild Wizard Registration Paper from his desk and stating. "Very well then, you will be paid an average guild wizard's salary drawn from the rewards reaped with every success of the Jobs that you and other members of Diabolos take out. And if you needed a place to stay, we have rooms shared between members within the guildhall."

He finished, "Once the period of 7 months of trial membership is up and done, you are free to make a choice of staying as a permanent member of Diabolos or leaving to join any Guild you wished with a proper resignation letter."

The branch guild master of the Dragon Slayer guild asked as he put down the pen next to the paper placed on the table before Lucy. "Do you accept these terms?"

"I accept.", said the heiress of the Heartfilia Konzern as she took the pen and started filling up the registration with important details on it.

"Welcome to Diabolos.", Skullion declared with a smirk.

Meanwhile outside Hargeon Town

"Ready when you are, Rider."

Madmole the Armor Dragon Eater stated as he is waiting for his fellow member in front of him to make his first move. On the other hand, Iva Revananti, Keira Hart and Stella were watching from the sidelines as the Plant Dragon Slayer crafted an intricate table and three chairs made out of thick strong plants from the ground with her Magic for her friends to sit down and spectate the battle.

"Battle Start!", the gothic Exceed declared with a raise of her paw.

Paul Rider charged into battle by blitzing with rapid movement on a blink of an eye as he raised his right fist and smashed at the left arm raised up by Madmole who raised it up to protect himself. The resulting impact caused a huge clang of sound and a shockwave that caused a crater on the ground where the Armor Dragon Eater stood on along with shockwave of dirt and grass as well.

In response, Iva used her plant vines from the intricate table of her elements to swat them away, protecting herself and her friends from being pelted by them.

It helped that the foundations of the tables and chairs made out of the former Phantom Lord member's Plant Dragon Slayer Magic are very strong and not that easy to break apart like normal plants.

"Damn, that nearly blew us off!", Iva commented as she watched the Metal Dragon Slayer attempt to hit Madmole with several precise kicks and punches in rapid succession but the latter easily blocked and parried them away with one hand in form of accuracy and grace.

"And they aren't even using their Dragon Slayer powers yet.", Stella said as she wiped off the dirt from the table.

"It's a sparring session between Dragons that use the similar element of metal and they're just warming up.", Keira stated while watching Madmole block the last kick with his right hand before throwing him away to a few meters.

Somersaulting in midair to regain his balance before landing on fours on the ground which formed a trench line as a result, Paul got up on his feet as he inhaled a fairly large amount of air and chanted his spell, "Metal Dragon's..."

"Here it comes!", the former Phantom Lord woman shouted as she was familiar with Gajeel Redfox's signature breath attack of Iron Dragon Slayer Magic before and prepared her plant vines for protection around the female Diabolos members.

"ROAR!!!!!!"

The Metal Dragon Slayer unleashed a very powerful huge tornado filled with sharp shards of metal from his mouth at Madmole, shredding everything in its path and it can be seen from afar by the citizens of Hargeon Town or any traveler coming to visit the place. Even Kiria and her partner Rhitta Barzard, who were wearing a large encompassing cloaks around themselves for warmth and protection for a long trip, were able to see it while Bobo, who also saw it as well, steers the Diabolos pirate ship they ride on to Galuna Island.

In response, the Armor Dragon Eater's body glowed shiny as the properties of his power hardens around him and he made a shoulder charge attack towards the breath attack head on.

"Protect Fortify!"

Madmole flew straight past the breath attack of Paul, many metal shards bouncing off the man's armor like pebbles thrown at an unstoppable juggernaut and reached his opponent.

The dark silver haired man's eyes widened before he crossed his arms together to create a thick intricate-looking medieval knight's shield of metal and protect himself from the armored man's shoulder charge. "Metal Dragon's Heavy Shield!"

"Armored Pressure!"
, Madmole shouted as he punched the shield that briefly held out for a few second before it broke it to many pieces, smashing through Paul that sent him spinning and crashing into the ground hard.

His arms got bent in wrong angles as a result.

Iva, Keira and Stella winced at that spectacle even though they know that Dragon Slayers were very strong and durable which allowed them to be tougher than normal humans and average mages regardless of Generations they are from. Still, it is like watching someone trying to stop a high speeding train in its tracks and fail miserably at it as their senior Madmole had demonstrated on Paul Rider.

Then there's Paul whose arms had been broken and dislocated as he slowly get up and looked down at them while Madmole dispelled his armor hardening spell and waited for him to recover.

"Damn, that's nasty! I don't think even Gajeel can handle that kind of attack from Mr. Madmole if he were on Paul's place. Especially with the internal bleeding damage there.", the Second Generation Plant Dragon Slayer grimaced although a dark part of her did enjoy the image of the Iron Dragon suffering that after what he did to her at Phantom Lord.

The First Generation Vampire Dragon Slayer nodded, "True, any of us would be forced to dodge in that case. Although Paul Rider is a Fourth Generation for a reason."

Stella tilted her head with a confused face, "Fourth Generation?..."

Her human friend gave a mischievous eye, "You will see."

Right on cue, they see the mangled arms realigned themselves together back to normal like nothing happened with the whirling of gears and metal. The Metal Dragon rubbed both of his arms, shouting at his mentor. "That really hurt, Mr. Madmole!"

The tabby Exceed's eyes widened like dinner plates. "How did he do that?!"

"Fourth Generation are Machias who are implanted with Dragon Lacrima and it grants them the power of Dragon Slayer Magic. They're known as the "Dragon Machines". That's what my dad told me when I asked him about it.", Keira explained before frowning.

She stated, "... However, the Fourth Generation were from the Kingdom of Stella neighboring Fiore."

Iva raised an eyebrow upon learning about it, "Wait, you mean that they're related with the "Quartum Incident" several years ago? Did your dad tell you what happened there?"

"Aside from basic explanation about the Dragon Machines, none so far. Apparently, the Council gave dad, Uncle Wolfheim and Uncle Serena a gag order after they're involved in it. The Stella country was never the same after that. Even its people refused to talk about it to themselves and the outsiders.", replied the young woman short dark auburn hair to her friends.

Chuckling, the Armor Dragon simply stated to his student. "Then you should have paid more attention to your Dodging Lessons than try to tank my direct attacks, Paul. You may be Fourth Generation but there's always someone better than you. Even I acknowledge that my power still pales in comparison to the Dark Dragon Slayer Knights who are a team of S-Class wizards back at Guiltina."

That brought down a chill on the spines of the younger Diabolos members upon hearing the name of the strongest force of the Dragon Slayer guild from the Northern Continent which even their branch guild master Skullion was wary of. And those Dark Dragon Slayer Knights are second to Georg Reizen the true leader of Diabolos and the most powerful of them all.

Only God Serena would be able to match Georg and his strongest elites in terms of power and strength as the Hybrid Theory/Eight Dragons.

"Now shall we continue our spar?", Madmole asked as he did the "Come On!" gesture in a polite manner.

"Hell yeah!", Paul smirked which he forms a large greatsword from his Metal Dragon Slaying Magic and charged again towards his mentor.

Then the two Dragon Slayers of the similar element clashed once more.

On the other hand, Keira sensed small pulses of magic power from her pocket and took out a small Communication Lacrima receiving a call from someone which got the attention of Iva and Stella. They moved away from the ongoing battle between Paul Rider and Madmole so that they will have better reception from the Magic Item used for long distance calls.

Answering it, the female Diabolos members saw the video footage of a fair-skinned voluptuously athletic young woman with obsidian blue eyes and wavy dark violet hair that is wrapped in a loose waterfall braid. She wears a beautiful white long sleeved dress with slits on both sides of the medium sized skirt for movement and she has a pair of grey gloves and bracers trimmed with grey fair alongside black breeches on her legs and a laced-up grey vest with grey fur lining the shoulders.

She gives off the image of an elegant princess of the North from one of Fiore's acclaimed novels, "The Song of Thrones".

"Ice Dragon, I'm glad to see you!", the Vampire Dragon happily greeted her fellow Dragon Slayer.

"How are you Freya and where's Lulu?", Stella asked.

Freya replied with a warm smile, "I'm doing great with Lulu, you two. We're done with our Job at Oshibana Town. Being hired to entertain the children with my Magic was wonderful. Lulu, say Hi!"

She adjusted the Communication Lacrima's camera towards another female Exceed with soft pastel yellow fur that little spiky around her ears and tail with large light brown spot on her right eye. And that Lulu was wearing a fluffy lilac-colored jacket.

"Hello! Stella, I bought many packs of gummy bears here! Do you want some when me and Freya get back to Hargeon? They're delicious!", Lulu happily said.

"Sure, save some for me when you get back.", the silver tabby Exceed reminded.

Lulu eagerly nodded with her fellow female talking cat, "Okay then."

"So are you heading to the Oshibana Train Station to take a ride home or you prefer to fly with your ice wings?", the daughter of Nightstorm wondered.

"Lulu and I will take the train for now. Right now, we're spending some time at Oshibana until the next train arrive.", the Ice Dragon said after shaking her head.

Iva wondered out loud, "So what were you doing there in the meantime?"

At Eisenwald Guildhall, Oshibana Town

Within the seemingly abandoned building of Eisenwald, the entire room has been frozen all over the place as if winter had suddenly exploded inside there. Erigor the so-called Shinigami and his group of fellow Dark wizards were currently encased inside their own thick prisons of cold ice where they stand.

Their expressions display only terror, incomprehension and regret that they have bitten off more than they can chew because of their hollow bravado and overinflated arrogance, unable to break free from it no matter how they try.

It wasn't a battle at all but a one sided pest control.

After all, why does an ant quarrel with the boot that stamps it out just as easily?

On the frozen floor in front of them, there lies Lullaby the Mass Murder Curse Magic and it too was frozen by a thick block of ice, trapping the Etherious of Zeref in its magical flute form within it.

Freya Raulsdottir was helping herself with a cup of hot tea and a basket of food on the table while her Exceed partner and friend Lulu simply enjoyed herself with her one of many packs of delicious gummy bears on her paws. At the center of the table was a Communication Lacrima where they have active contact with their friends at Diabolos branch from Hargeon.

"Oh nothing much. Just taking out the trash, Plant Dragon. It's all part of volunteering for a community service in Oshibana Town for free.", the daughter of Frosteria casually reassured as she took a sip of her cup.

Author's Note: Alright then, the second chapter of "Diabolos Branch of Fiore" is done and I hope you like it. I know that it is easy for anyone to join Fairy Tail and be part of their one big happy family with Makarov's approval but of course Lucy never knew about it and Skullion believed that she still has connections with her family. Although Fairy Tail actually does have standards for new members to join as shown in Chapter 1 of the Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest manga when Warren Rocko had introduced Faris (possessing Touka's body) and two unnamed guys for passing their tests and joined the Guild but the latter two ran away.

Admittedly, one dude was cocky and thought he can ride the coattails of Fairy Tail until Laxus gave him a taste of the Pecking Order while the other, a little kid, was understandably terrified. On the flip side, Skullion didn't know Lucy really did run away from home and wanted nothing to do with the Heartfilia fortune at all anymore. What a misunderstanding, lol.

Credits goes to Awareness Bringer for the elements borrowed from "Fiore Branch of Diabolos" short story and sleepingfairy28 for Freya Raulsdottir, and I recommend that you guys should go check out and read their stories as recommendations.

Back