"Deuced Odd Business": A 1920s TRAIL OF CTHULHU Campaign

Trail of Cthulhu! All the fun of Call of Cthulhu, with simpler rules, and not having to worry about missing something because you rolled a 37% on Library Use when you needed a 36%. Speaking as a longtime fan of the game, Trail has the rules to let you run a session closer to the way you actually did because you didn't want things grinding to a halt, instead of having to railroad things and have players reroll things, every now and then. It's something I'd just have to give a try.

Now--my rough idea for a campaign--the players will all be a bunch of Boston bluebloods to start, with perhaps one or two having interest in the occult, when the Mythos starts poking into their lives. This will be a tale of normal men and women (many of whom will have a bit more money than is good for them, admittedly) encountering hideous mind-shattering horror, as they try to piece together what is happening. Or at least, I hope it will be, but let's be honest--these games tend to go in odd directions.

And so with that caveat stated--anyone interested?

Are we playing it on this here forum or through something else ala Discord, IRC?

Is it friendly to first time player with no experience with the system?

Barring two caveats above, I'm interested, Maj. Tom.

I'm interested, but have never played the system before and have none of the materials.

Back