Death Whistles: A Mercenary Quest

[X] Pillar of the Cosmos
-[X] Enchantment Magic (Empower objects or people with seals (tattoos)
-[X] Energy Magic
-[X] Dimensional Magic

[x] Pillar of the Mind
-[x] Illusion Magic
-[x] Clairvoyance Magic (Seeing into the future, reading minds)
-[x] Emotion Magic

You are ignoring content by this member.
Vote closed. Updating soon
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on May 30, 2019 at 5:01 AM, finished with 14 posts and 13 votes.

• [X] Pillar of the Cosmos
    -[X] Dimensional Magic
    -[X] Metamagic
    -[X] Shapeshifting Magic
    [X] Pillar of the Mind
    -[X] Illusion Magic
    -[X] Clairvoyance Magic (Seeing into the future, reading minds)
    -[X] Emotion Magic
    [X] Pillar of the Cosmos
    -[X] Enchantment Magic (Empower objects or people with seals (tattoos)
    -[X] Energy Magic
    -[X] Dimensional Magic
    [X] Pillar of the Cosmos
    -[X] Enchantment Magic
    -[X] Energy Magic
    -[X] Metamagic
    [X] Pillar of the Cosmos
    -[X] Energy Magic
    -[X] Dimensional Magic
    [X] Pillar of the Mind

Character Creation; Update 2
You are ignoring content by this member.
Eventually you reached the front of the line, where Lady Beatrix was awaiting you. She was even more beautiful up close. Her hair and skin were absolutely flawless and her green eyes were hypnotizing.

However, you couldn't shake off the dangerous aura that was emitting from her. You've encountered countless cold-blooded killers, rapists, and criminals and none of them gave off the bone-chilling vibe you were getting from Lady Beatrix.

You tried to shrug it off as nerves as you approached her.

"Hello my dear." You greeted as you grabbed her left hand and planted a soft kiss on it. "What is a beautiful lady like yourself doing handing out flyers?"

"I appreciate the compliment." She politely smiled, her emerald eyes sparkling. "These aren't flyers however, they're copies of the contract of employment between you and my father."

Ah boring paperwork as always, you never really bothered reading them anyway. You tucked the contract away in your back pocket.

"You must be pretty bold to approach me like this." She flipped her hair. "Most of my fathers employees are too scared to consider the thought of openly flirting with me."

"What a bunch of little boys." You scoffed. "If there's a clause in this contract that prevents me from appreciating beautiful women I'll tear it up right now and be on my way."

The Lady just giggled and blushed slightly.

"If I may ask, what's your name?" She coyly asked, tilting her head. "I don't think we've had a proper introduction."

[] Write in.

"Well nice to meet you, I'm-"

"You're already quite well-known Lady Beatrix."

"I was going to say you can call me Bea. That's what my friends call me at least."

"Are you saying that you consider us friends?" You asked, scratching your chin.

"No, I wouldn't want to be friends with you." She answered with a twinkle in her eye.

"Good, so we're on the same page." You smiled.

As innocent as she seemed you could see the mischief in her eyes. She was definitely a troublemaker.

"So um, Bea, what do I do now that I have this oh-so-important contract?"

"You're free to roam around the outside of the castle until everyone else is checked in."

"And then what?"

"Father is having some sort of mandatory examination of the recruited mercenaries today." She answered as she twirled a strand of hair. "Something about picking out the diamonds in the rough."

"Sounds irritating." You sighed. "I guess I'll see you later then."

"You most certainly will." She muttered as she eyed you down, much like a lioness would look at a gazelle.

(+1 Rep with Lady Beatrix + Ladies Man Bonus = +2 Rep with Lady Beatrix)

Why are the gorgeous ones always crazy?
~~~~~~~~~~

All of the other soldiers were spread out in the backyard of the castle, though you're not sure backyard was the right term. There were acres and acres of land behind Melchior's castle. Looking around you spotted a couple of well-known mercenaries in the area.

Pacing back and forth in front of an apple tree was a pale, tall man with long, wild, red hair, resembling a lion's mane. He was walking around shirtless, showing off his ridiculous muscular physique. His chest was decorated with a generous amount of battle scars.

This man was Reinhald the Undefeated, one of the most powerful warriors in Oz. He had gotten his nickname from.... well... being undefeated. Rumor has it that he's never lost a battle in his 28 years of living, which is saying a lot for a mercenary as accomplished and experienced as he is.

Across him food stood a tanned blondie with shortish hair and a slender build. She was wearing leather armor that covered up everything except for her beautiful face.

She was Alice the Dragonslayer. The first female mercenary to... I mean these nicknames are pretty self-explanatory aren't they? Alice was another highly- regarded warrior, although not quite as famous as Reinhald. She was known for her stoic personality and rarely showing emotion.

Other than that there wasn't anyone else that you could say you recognized. Although there were one or two individuals that caught your attention.

You still had a bit of time before everyone was checked in for these "examinations", maybe you should go speak to one of them?

[] Reinhald, perhaps you could learn something from a man as powerful as him.

[] Alice, a complete babe and dragon-slayer all in one. What isn't there to like?

[] There was a young man with light blue hair sleeping on the grass. The weird thing was there was nobody within 50 feet of him. It was almost like everyone else was avoiding him...

[] That chick over there wants you to talk to her whether she knows it or not...

[] You don't feel like talking to anyone. Just sit down somewhere and wait for these stupid "examinations" to begin.
Adhoc vote count started by Sweet Sorrow on May 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM, finished with 16 posts and 12 votes.

Last edited:
[X] "Jim. My name's Jim. J for short."
[X] Alice, a complete babe and dragon-slayer all in one. What isn't there to like?
Strong, gorgeous, and a woman? The choice is obvious. Jim will move this stoic lady to tears, I'm sure!

Last edited:
[X] Alice, a complete babe and dragon-slayer all in one. What isn't there to like?
Strong, gorgeous, and a woman? The choice is obvious. Jim will move this stoic lady to tears, I'm sure!

Tbh, I'm getting confused signals from our Bae Bea. Giggling and blushing does not go with cold-blooded aura.
Not really interested in talking with our competition right now, for all we know they might not get past the examinations, but talking to at least one of them is in-character, soooo:

Tbh, I'm getting confused signals from our Bae Bea. Giggling and blushing does not go with cold-blooded aura.
She likely knows exactly what she's doing with her actions. We better watch out lest we get easily squished under her thumb. (-30 to resisting suggestions by people like her)
Or don't, this lustful dude is probably into that.

[X] The name's Borne. Jim Borne.
[X] That chick over there wants you to talk to her whether she knows it or not...
Adhoc vote count started by JiggyStreet on May 31, 2019 at 11:21 AM, finished with 15 posts and 11 votes.

She likely knows exactly what she's doing with her actions. We better watch out lest we get easily squished under her thumb. (-30 to resisting suggestions by people like her)
Or don't, this lustful dude is probably into that.
Yeah, but giggling and blushing is a bit too much. She would totally flirt, she would totally (pretend to) get woo'd, but her reactions as written are too farfetched imo.

Yeah, but giggling and blushing is a bit too much. She would totally flirt, she would totally (pretend to) get woo'd, but her reactions as written are too farfetched imo.
I mean with how much the passage repeats mentions of her eyes, it's not far fetched to think that she may have magic/charms beyond natural beauty. She might just have this very intense look in her eyes, but just acts another way.
Maybe she has Mind Pillar magic? Could explain it.

I'll break the pattern.

[x] There was a young man with light blue hair sleeping on the grass. The weird thing was there was nobody within 50 feet him. It was almost like everyone else was avoiding him...

[X] The name's Bravo. Johnny Bravo.
[X] That chick over there wants you to talk to her whether she knows it or not...

- Bea is probably hideous but since she is that rich, she must be wearing a glamour or magic charm or some such... though that probably wont stop our Johnny!

Edit: sad about the lack of Johhny Bravo quests and votes

- Bea is probably hideous but since she is that rich, she must be wearing a glamour or magic charm or some such... though that probably wont stop our Johnny!

Edit: sad about the lack of Johhny Bravo quests and votes
"Hey there, sexy mama! Lookin' pretty alone. What you say you and me—hoo-ha!—*applies hair comb*— get some... alone time... *strikes pose* together?"
Yeah I'm not looking forward to this character's longevity for some reason.
Adhoc vote count started by Plausitivity on May 31, 2019 at 9:05 AM, finished with 14 posts and 10 votes.

• [X] That chick over there wants you to talk to her whether she knows it or not...
    [X] The name's Borne. Jim Borne.
    [x] There was a young man with light blue hair sleeping on the grass. The weird thing was there was nobody within 50 feet him. It was almost like everyone else was avoiding him...

Adhoc vote count started by Darth on May 31, 2019 at 9:02 AM, finished with 31 posts and 15 votes.

Back