Deadpool 3 is coming!

I think it is kind of insulting to Hugh Jackman that they made him work so hard to get swole, especially at his age... and then didn't go with a sleeveless version of the suit. I'm sure they'll be some moment where he's been dehydrated and shows off his body that way, but this fairly mundane aspect actually bugs me and I'm offended for him.

If they wanted to include sleeves, the very least they could do is go easier on the guy, but they instead made him go through hell specifically for this movie (and take a bunch of steroids at his age which will absolutely obliterate his health even more) to work out his arms and body, yet still chose to hide all that hard work and Hugh Jackman absolutely did get fucking massive arms judging from the Instagram posts.

It looks cool and I'm looking forward to it as I am a fan of Hugh, but damn if this isn't some bullshit.

I think it is kind of insulting to Hugh Jackman that they made him work so hard to get swole, especially at his age... and then didn't go with a sleeveless version of the suit. I'm sure they'll be some moment where he's been dehydrated and shows off his body that way, but this fairly mundane aspect actually bugs me and I'm offended for him.

If they wanted to include sleeves, the very least they could do is go easier on the guy, but they instead made him go through hell specifically for this movie (and take a bunch of steroids at his age which will absolutely obliterate his health even more) to work out his arms and body, yet still chose to hide all that hard work and Hugh Jackman absolutely did get fucking massive arms judging from the Instagram posts.

It looks cool and I'm looking forward to it as I am a fan of Hugh, but damn if this isn't some bullshit.

Isn't he playing more than one version of wolverine in this movie?

There's two theories to this:

1. Jackman is getting old and doesn't to be, jacked, man, and so the sleeves are there to cover up the fact he isn't killing himself to get ripped.

2. Jackman will lose the sleeves at one point and flex those guns of his, impressing everyone in the theater.

I'm cool with either.

There's two theories to this:

1. Jackman is getting old and doesn't to be, jacked, man, and so the sleeves are there to cover up the fact he isn't killing himself to get ripped.

2. Jackman will lose the sleeves at one point and flex those guns of his, impressing everyone in the theater.

I'm cool with either.
But he has been killing himself to get ripped, explicitly, for specifically this movie. And I mean, sure your second point will probably happen, but still.

I mean, has he been KILLING himself? Or is he just working out. My dad did pretty serious exercise until the day he was too sick to

But he has been killing himself to get ripped, explicitly, for specifically this movie. And I mean, sure your second point will probably happen, but still.

Well unless Jackman literally says so, I'm just gonna assume he just exercises to a normal non-killing himself degree. Either way, I'm not too bothered with or without sleeves.

I mean, has he been KILLING himself? Or is he just working out. My dad did pretty serious exercise until the day he was too sick to
Well unless Jackman literally says so, I'm just gonna assume he just exercises to a normal non-killing himself degree. Either way, I'm not too bothered with or without sleeves.
He's a 54-year-old man and this sort of rapid muscle gain isn't your standard 'serious exercise', it's very obviously steroid-driven and that has serious health effects, let alone on a man of his age. He absolutely has doctors monitoring his levels and such in order to make sure it's safe, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences down the line. The expectations of Hollywood can be deadly, dehumanizing and humiliating, so the fact that it's not sleeveless kind of speaks to a certain dismissal and arrogance of how much work he has put in, because while there are problems with the old X-Men movies at least they recognized that Hugh Jackman put effort into his form (even if they downright encouraged dangerous techniques to get it there).

He's a 54-year-old man and this sort of rapid muscle gain isn't your standard 'serious exercise', it's very obviously steroid-driven and that has serious health effects, let alone on a man of his age. He absolutely has doctors monitoring his levels and such in order to make sure it's safe, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences down the line. The expectations of Hollywood can be deadly, dehumanizing and humiliating, so the fact that it's not sleeveless kind of speaks to a certain dismissal and arrogance of how much work he has put in, because while there are problems with the old X-Men movies at least they recognized that Hugh Jackman put effort into his form (even if they downright encouraged dangerous techniques to get it there).

So you are asserting that Jackman is abusing steroids right now?

Cause Jackman himself strictly denies it.

So you are asserting that Jackman is abusing steroids right now?

Cause Jackman himself strictly denies it.
To put it bluntly, yes, and given how most of the internet reacted to that news with 'yeah, sure buddy...', I think it's fairly safe to say. Maybe it's not technically 'anabolic steroids', but there are a variety of PEDs and techniques that are still dangerous even if monitored by professionals.

If he isn't on some manner of that, then whatever workout and dietary regimen is absolutely brutal to the extreme that it would still count as practically killing himself. But the level of muscle growth and speed displayed very clearly indicates that it's some manner of PED.

This isn't me disrespecting any of the celebrities who use this stuff and especially not Hugh Jackman (he's my first crush and the first celebrity I followed as a kid heavily), because they are legitimately dedicated to achieving a certain physique for their roles and even with PEDs it is still hell to go through, which is respectable. It's just incredibly harsh work and the fact that Hollywood expects it is horrifying, dismissing it as 'basic and necessary'.

Last edited:
I mean, Jackman isn't a child. He can make his own decisions.

The guy decided this movie was worth getting hella jacked and eating 5 whole chickens a day for, then that's on him. This isn't a surprise to him, he's played wolverine in half a dozen movies already, he know what he gotta do to look like that.

It's kinda paternalistic.

Now if your real complaint it that you wanna see jackman's shredded body cause he's hot, I'm with you, but that's not on the production company.

Jackman has a history with skin cancer. He might be covering up in order to prevent more risk of that
That is understandable, though with how green-screen heavy superhero films are, it kind of throws doubt on that.

I mean, Jackman isn't a child. He can make his own decisions.

The guy decided this movie was worth getting hella jacked and eating 5 whole chickens a day for, then that's on him. This isn't a surprise to him, he's played wolverine in half a dozen movies already, he know what he gotta do to look like that.

It's kinda paternalistic.

Now if your real complaint it that you wanna see jackman's shredded body cause he's hot, I'm with you, but that's not on the production company.
True, that is an ulterior motive of mine :V, and I do apologize, it is condescending of me to think that I know better than Jackman does. But still, there are all kinds of pressures on Hollywood stars and I just hope that he gets what he wants from this. Sometimes the hardest thing to tell with actors is whether they have been sidelined, are taking a step back, or some mixture of the two that leads them to making dangerous choices in order to feel important again.

variety.com

‘Deadpool 3’ Wraps Filming After Strike Delay, Ryan Reynolds Announces: ‘It’s Mostly Tears’

'Deadpool 3' has wrapped filming, Ryan Reynolds announced.
"Deadpool 3" was originally slated to release in theaters on May 3, 2024 but was delayed, along with many other movies, during the SAG-AFTRA strike last year. Its new date is July 26, and it will mark Deadpool's official entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Disney acquired Fox.

With "Deadpool 3", Marvel Studios also works with [Hugh] Jackman for the first time.

Okay, that looks like
Cassandra Nova
. That is a DEEP dive into Marvel continuity.

I wonder if they recruited Deadpool because he's canonly resistant to telepaths?

It... seems to be fairly well confirmed? I'd done a search on the critter like a week or two ago for reasons I don't recall, and there was already articles popping up about her being the main villain of the movie in question.

Haven't read any of the source material involving 'er, but at least from random depictions online and whatnot she kinda' looks like a pretty good fit for a deadpool movie, really.

She is like a d lister villain that they invented to give stakes for Xavier, but never really landed, so using her here makes sense.

It is amusing that the deadpool movies are the ones with all of xavier's evil family members tho

Back