CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths

Shadowhisker

Asylum Escapee
Pronouns
She/Her

Half-surprised there's not a thread for this.

Anyway, Arrowverse has been building this up for a while; the first episode just dropped tonight. As expected of the CW, it's trash, but it's lovable trash. They're really putting their all into this. Been laying the seeds a few months in advance, shelling out for cameos, the works. Maybe it's because I've been yelling at Barry Allen to stop being stupid (a futile effort, I know) for the past four years, but I'm invested. Hopefully, the CW manages to make this good.

Gotta say, I was expecting Earth-38 and Oliver to bite it, but not this early. I do hope they show the ramifications of both, and don't just wipe everyone's memories like in the comics.

Three episodes in and... it's wonderful stuff (as these crossovers almost always are). Yes, it has its fair share of corny scenes and cheesy dialogue, but its also genuinely epic in scale and an almost pitch perfect adaptation of the original comic crossover (which of course also has cheesy scenes and corny dialogue). When I first heard last year that they were planning on doing Crisis, I had my doubts but... it really feels like the comic brought to life, particularly given all of the little easter eggs in every episode.

Ahah! Been awhile since I saw Luci.

And if the wiki is true, this is set 5 years before his series.

I was very amused by how much Smallville kept Clark OUT of the costume...

And finally he ends uncostumed and unpowered. Ha.

I will say I love Smallville's Clark no-selling Lex's whole spiel. He didnt think he was a Lex but 2 minutes later he's eye rolling and clearly thinking "Yeah you're a Lex." I feel like they used Lex quotes from Smallville too.

This was probably their best crossover yet. Somehow, the managed to balance a boatload of characters, reference tons of comic, movie, and show material, and even hint at things to come.

Also, holy shit that surprise crossover!

Justice League! Love the payoff for that building looking like the Hall back in the first crossover.
Also am I the only one who was disappointed Anti-Monitor didn't get the helmet?

as a Stan for CW and tbh all of arrowverse (I like all the seasons of all the shows)

I thought it was amazing.

Ruby Rose Remains amazing in the role (with tooons of Bi energy)

Sara remains a QUEEN....

ya know what just watch Abnormally adams reactions and you can see pretty much how I felt watching it.

Someone should let The Asylum know that they've been beaten to making an Endgame mockbuster.

Just saw the last two episodes. Loved them.

I still think the whole "Specter" thing was kinda pulled outta their ass, and the DCEU!Flash cameo probably wasn't plot important, but this whole crossover was solid. No, more that. It was spectacular. It was cheesy as hell. It was the best thing the Arrowverse has given us yet.

Really, I don't think this was Arrowverse's Endgame, although it does have that "end of era" feel with their first hero dying, but I think it's more like the first Avengers movie. Pre-existing heroes unified into a lasting team by a great threat, with seeds laid for adventures to come. Looking forward to everything, especially Star-Girl and Super Friends.

Just saw the last two episodes. Loved them.

I still think the whole "Specter" thing was kinda pulled outta their ass, and the DCEU!Flash cameo probably wasn't plot important, but this whole crossover was solid. No, more that. It was spectacular. It was cheesy as hell. It was the best thing the Arrowverse has given us yet.

Really, I don't think this was Arrowverse's Endgame, although it does have that "end of era" feel with their first hero dying, but I think it's more like the first Avengers movie. Pre-existing heroes unified into a lasting team by a great threat, with seeds laid for adventures to come. Looking forward to everything, especially Star-Girl and Super Friends.

Uh wasn't crisis on earth X the equiv to Avengers?

Just curious is it ever hinted that Marvel has an Earth in any of the DC multiverses or vice versa? I doubt it but the thought occurred to me with all the multiverse talk lately.

I figured as much. I know they combined universes that one time.
As I understand it, Marvel has Earth-7642, which is not a DC Earth but a crossover Earth - from Marvel's perspective it is where their various crossovers that just assume both sides to have always been in the same world take place - which is mainly DC/Marvel. DC did suggest that Crossover Earth was their designation for the setting of DC/Marvel crossovers of that kind... but in past tense, as in the state of affairs before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, mentioned in materials made after the Crisis.

Back