Clarification on what Rule 2 covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pronouns
Any/All
I reported the following post:

In particular, I viewed the following comment:
Article says that the US is talking to Israel about safe passage for Gaza civilians. Take this with a whole shaker of salt, please - I'm one for smashing Gaza, but I am skeptical Israel will hold to any promises it makes.
And to my eyes it seemed like saying that the person in question was pro-genocide, or at least mass killing, given that that's what 'smashing Gaza' would mean. I reported this and was told it did not violate Rule 2, or even the heightened standards put in place for the Active Conflicts subforum. In my report, I also asked for clarification on why it was not rule-breaking, if it was deemed not to be, since someone had already mentioned it had been deemed such, and I found that rather odd.

Would it then be acceptable for me to say "I'm one for smashing Jerusalem," in that thread? Or, if that would be disruptive, post a new thread on the merits of smashing Jerusalem?

If the mitigating circumstance is that the poster in question is ambiguously in favor of providing safe passage- which, frankly, is not even entirely apparent in the post, and doesn't seem to meet the heightened standards of the Active Conflicts subforum, then, would it be acceptable to post: "Personally, I think Jerusalem should be smashed, after corridors are opened for people to flee"?

If the answer to both of these questions are no, can you elaborate on the difference?

Squishy once expressed exasperation at what was then a trend of people not being satisfied with report rejections trying to get it reassessed by making a public thread about it, and I share that exasperation. I will review the post in question but that isn't an invitation for every user who isn't happy with a report not being actioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back