Brockton's Celestial Forge (Worm/Jumpchain)

Well. The constant improvement of everything in the Workshop just sped up quite a bit.

There's now a bunch of someone's to clean up the duplicates messes. Put on the polish to their idle thoughts, smoothing out the edges.

Hey, does anyone have or know of a list of all the things Joe has made, or been gifted by his powers? I've seen the power list(s) but those don't really differentiate when they give out items, nor do they describe later upgrades, and they completely ignore things like Thurin-Ist or the Undersiders' knives.

I think the problem with making such a list is we don't know everything Joe has made. For example he and the duplicates made dozens of elemental test weapons but we only really see a few of them and who knows how many were melted down for their enchantments. Lord has also spent less time going over every piece of Joe's gear since it's mostly a rounding error compared to Joe just manifesting a mech powered by spiral power.

Hey, does anyone have or know of a list of all the things Joe has made, or been gifted by his powers? I've seen the power list(s) but those don't really differentiate when they give out items, nor do they describe later upgrades, and they completely ignore things like Thurin-Ist or the Undersiders' knives.
It's been a while. Maybe I'll try and compile a list for my next reread.

anyone else realize how many bricks will be shat if any knowledge of his workshop leaks?

● massive robot army used for grunt work ✔️

● entire worlds with functional biomes ✔️
● countless mega structure workshops ✔️
● massive super duper computer core ✔️
● miscellaneous arcane and eldritch things beyond comprehension ✔️
● Doomsday plan ✔️
● assorted world ending specimen or objects ✔️

dudes got shelves of souls tucked away somewhere so every possible "OH SHIT" button is pressed multiple times.

Last edited:
I'm so hyped for another chapter outside the workshop, and especially hyped for finally closing out the bomb hostage plotline. And we now have an in-universe example of what would be considered a Superweapon item for Joe, an Entire Administrator Shard. While this probably means we'll never see a superweapon produced in the story, it does give Joe a neat secondary power of being able to find things. Even if he can't target it very precisely that's still huge.

I mean, with the super weapon, he doesn't realize it but it would basically end the story. It would give him COMPLETE control of over all of shard space.

You know, "oh endbringer? Power off" or "oh Sion is a problem? OK done, I turned off all his shards" or even "oh all these cities were destroyed? Let's just use all these time shards to undo that too."

It's literally the answer to every single problem in Worm all at once.

And Joe for once doesn't realize just how big it is.

Last edited:
anyone else realize how many bricks will be shat if any knowledge of his workshop leaks?

● massive robot army used for grunt work ✔️

● entire worlds with functional biomes ✔️
● countless mega structure workshops ✔️
● massive super duper computer core ✔️
● miscellaneous arcane and eldritch things beyond comprehension ✔️
● Doomsday plan ✔️
● assorted world ending specimen or objects ✔️

dudes got shelves of souls tucked away somewhere so every possible "OH SHIT" button is pressed multiple times.
There's so many ultimately tiny details about the Celestial Forge that would have so many bricks shat if anyone not already a member actually learned about it. Literally this chapter they went, "Okay so we can't use the easy option of Grand Theft Passenger. So we are going to use one of the secondary plans of

A. Use the eldritch colors to use literal reality manipulation.
B. Mind control Jack's Passenger with Joe's incredible mental abilities.
C. Invent passenger hacking.
D. Make a worldwide anti master effect device."

Because of course all of these options are so much more measured and reasonable.

There's so many ultimately tiny details about the Celestial Forge that would have so many bricks shat if anyone not already a member actually learned about it. Literally this chapter they went, "Okay so we can't use the easy option of Grand Theft Passenger. So we are going to use one of the secondary plans of

Because of course all of these options are so much more measured and reasonable.
The alternative is killing/depowering an international hero and the daughter of someone incredibly important to him.

Some people fly a rocket to the moon. Others just move the planet in order to capture the moon on a null gravity field outside of Houston. Potato, potahto.

The alternative is killing/depowering an international hero and the daughter of someone incredibly important to him.
Yeah, that's why it's actually the more reasonable and measured option. It's just ridiculous that it is in comparison.
Some people fly a rocket to the moon. Others just move the planet in order to capture the moon on a null gravity field outside of Houston. Potato, potahto.
When Chuck Norris does a push up he pushes the world down.

Which hopefully wouldn't run too far past the default endpoint, though with Temporal Controls that endpoint was barely twenty minutes in outside time. If I was meeting with Director Armstrong and dealing with the hostages, there was no way to make that deadline.

Which my duplicates accepted, even if they were a little grumpy about it in advance.
Is there any reason he isn't just scaling down the multiplier once they get close to the end of their duration? He'd be missing out on some amount of progress, but I don't think they're on a strict enough time crunch to start spreading butter over too much bread like that.

Is there any reason he isn't just scaling down the multiplier once they get close to the end of their duration? He'd be missing out on some amount of progress, but I don't think they're on a strict enough time crunch to start spreading butter over too much bread like that.
Probably because that would still leave them to burn through one-hundred-and-ninety-percent of their intended duration.

Personally I was thinking that he could probably subtly use the Megaman Armor that can teleport in and out of the Workshop to swap out new clone batches.

That moment where Taylor Hebert is unironically considered more volatile, impulsive, and reckless than Aisha Laborn. And Joe is 110% correct as is typical

I think I may have said something like this was, way upthread, but I see how Joe views Aisha versus Taylor like this:

Joe: "Hmm... Looks like Aisha's current build can only deal with one S-Class threat at a time. Better get working on some upgrades."

Joe: "I know this is only a sharp pointy stick, but I'm really worried what havok Taylor might wreak with it. Maybe give her a fluffy pillow instead."

I think I may have said something like this was, way upthread, but I see how Joe views Aisha versus Taylor like this:

Joe: "Hmm... Looks like Aisha's current build can only deal with one S-Class threat at a time. Better get working on some upgrades."

Joe: "I know this is only a sharp pointy stick, but I'm really worried what havok Taylor might wreak with it. Maybe give her a fluffy pillow instead."
If Aisha is fighting multiple S-Class threats I'm sure she has a perfectly good reason to be doing so. In turn we sadly never know if Taylor is going to decide to dismember some poor Ward with a pointy stick or something.

Last edited:
Personally I was thinking that he could probably subtly use the Megaman Armor that can teleport in and out of the Workshop to swap out new clone batches.
He could just ask to use the restroom and portal from there (after making sure the room is secure), or maybe use the key to open one of the stalls or something but Joe remains as Joe as possible so this probably wouldn't occur to him.

She'll probably use it with her bugs to suffocate someone or something

Taylor will spam spider scare with a pillow, do NOT test that girl

If Aisha is fighting multiple S-Class threats I'm sure she has a perfectly good reason to be doing so. In turn we sadly never know if Taylor is going to decide to dismember some poor Ward with a pointy stick or something.
I think that Taylor has already moved far beyond needing to dismember most people to subdue them; dismemberment is probably reserved for people like Dragon or Alexandria or Legend or Hookwolf and the like.

Probably also still Aegis but that's probably more of a matter of convenience at this point since he can take that sort of brutality.
He could just ask to use the restroom and portal from there (after making sure the room is secure), or maybe use the key to open one of the stalls or something but Joe remains as Joe as possible so this probably wouldn't occur to him.
That would involve him going to the bathroom every twenty minutes is one of the issues with that; probably better for him to be able to reverse-telefrag them. Especially since they sort of already do that when they spawn.

He'd still want to be able to get into the Workshop to spawn them, so as to clone some equipment alongside them, but it's good to have the option.

Actually as long as he's not spawning them alongside equipment he might be able to just clone his brain, or even just soul, and teleport them into pre-made bodies. I'm sure that Survey would love the opportunity to acquaint Joe with a variety of test-bed bodies outfitted with a bunch of experimental components.
Taylor will spam spider scare with a pillow, do NOT test that girl
Nope; Bag Of Holding Spiders remember?

Speaking of which I bet that Fleet or Survey or...Really anyone with the necessary skills would be willing to make some Mechashift containers for pretty much anyone with one of Joe's watches; Taylor could probably get herself a bottomless hive or terrarium if she asked...Actually you know I bet that Fleet could inscribe the method of making Mechashift into insect pheromones so that they build Mechashift hives themselves...Survey and Matrix could probably inscribe it into the bodies of the Sea Snails so that their shells just never stopped growing despite not getting any bigger.

Specifically the fabricators connected to them but I don't think that Joe has handed out any watches or fabricators that didn't have each other.

Nope; Bag Of Holding Spiders remember?

WoG on extra features of bag? It is in the hands of little miss escalation.

For example, I could see her using a reinforced and featherweight bag with a variable width opening to capture an opponent. Just lower the bag from overhead mid-fight and, boom, suddenly Rune is trapped upside-down in a canvas bag full of spiders, centipedes, wasps and beetles. Throw in a threat about being eaten by her pets if Rune continues to thrash around... and suddenly the S9 would be contacting Taylor to compliment her on her audition performance and to notify her that she'd been accepted onto the team.

Why are yall talking about 20 minutes for the duplicates again? They've had longer time limits for quite some time due to the quality improvements. It'd be highly unlikely for him to need to refresh them at any point during the meeting, let alone 'every 20 minutes'.

Why are yall talking about 20 minutes for the duplicates again? They've had longer time limits for quite some time due to the quality improvements. It'd be highly unlikely for him to need to refresh them at any point during the meeting, let alone 'every 20 minutes'.
When the duplicates are in the workshop with the time dilation cranked up, they have hours of subjective time, but for Joe outside the workshop it's 20 minutes before the duplicates start getting spiritually worn down.
The chapter where they tested it, the duplicates really didn't like it.

Back