Botched Reincarnation: Farming In Another World
Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Playing the role of shaman to a tribe of primitive cat folks in another world unsurprisingly, doesn't make life any less difficult; now with the added detriment of heavy responsibility and a future centered largely on an unresponsive diety.

Scorching summers, freezing winters, food shortages, and abject poverty; the future look bleak, but Txiv remains cautiously optimistic.
There's really very little room for his life to get worse, objectively speaking.
…Probably.
Last edited:
Look at it this way: at least the new memories meant you had that thought now, rather than in a couple months time when everyone is cursing at the Gods and praying desperately that they're able to create a shelter warm enough to keep them alive and strong enough it doesn't collapse under the snow?

Look at it this way: at least the new memories meant you had that thought now, rather than in a couple months time when everyone is cursing at the Gods and praying desperately that they're able to create a shelter warm enough to keep them alive and strong enough it doesn't collapse under the snow?
That's an optimistic way to look at it. :rofl:

I do love how he'd made the decision not to mention the snow... Only to more or less immediately accidentally let slip some adjacent information that causes the whole story to get pulled out (I'm assuming at least).

As for the tribe itself... You mentioned Cats and Peacocks... Are those the 'totem animals' of the tribes or are they beastfolk?

I do love how he'd made the decision not to mention the snow... Only to more or less immediately accidentally let slip some adjacent information that causes the whole story to get pulled out (I'm assuming at least).

As for the tribe itself... You mentioned Cats and Peacocks... Are those the 'totem animals' of the tribes or are they beastfolk?
They're beast folks.
At least he now has plausible deniability that he didn't tell them about the upcoming snow since he kinda did.

Well, you asked about factual errors?
But even with my new memories I still know almost nothing about emus, other than their relatively docile nature.
This. So much this. Those birds are far from docile... and god help you if one of them kicks you. Unless you're going by fantasy world logic, in which the emus are docile in comparison to the other beasts in the area? I may not be an Aussie, but my family tried raising a few of those things when I was younger. And they were almost as aggressive as they were stupid.

Getting away from that topic. I'm curious to see what you'll do with this as it seems your MC wasn't very knowledgeable about outdoorsy stuff in their past life. It ought to be interesting to see how they try and progress. As a suggestion? Maybe try watching the YouTube channel "Primitive Technology", just be sure to turn on the closed captioning. The guy does a good job of explaining just how to build a lot of the stuff your tribe would need. It could add a bit of authenticity as Txiv goes through the discovery process.

Well, you asked about factual errors?

This. So much this. Those birds are far from docile... and god help you if one of them kicks you. Unless you're going by fantasy world logic, in which the emus are docile in comparison to the other beasts in the area? I may not be an Aussie, but my family tried raising a few of those things when I was younger. And they were almost as aggressive as they were stupid.
Google failed me once again:rofl:.
Getting away from that topic. I'm curious to see what you'll do with this as it seems your MC wasn't very knowledgeable about outdoorsy stuff in their past life. It ought to be interesting to see how they try and progress. As a suggestion? Maybe try watching the YouTube channel "Primitive Technology", just be sure to turn on the closed captioning. The guy does a good job of explaining just how to build a lot of the stuff your tribe would need. It could add a bit of authenticity as Txiv goes through the discovery process.
I haven't heard of that channel but I'll definitely check it out. I could really use some help in describing the details of the technological progression in a way that doesn't seem abrupt and would make sense in regards to the resources available in their location at the moment.
Thanks for the feedback!:)

I haven't heard of that channel but I'll definitely check it out. I could really use some help in describing the details of the technological progression in a way that doesn't seem abrupt and would make sense in regards to the resources available in their location at the moment.
Then that channel would be great for you. His channel has a natural progression about it, showing different levels of tech progress. He's gone all the way from the stone age to the iron age just using stuff he's built himself. From tools, weapons, pots, and house building techniques. I'm sure there'll be something there useful for you.

And you're welcome, I'm glad to help!

Great chapter! In all honesty, rather than building mud brick houses, since I doubt the tribe has time to make the building materials for that, why not make pithouses instead? They shouldn't be too difficult to make and the indigenous peoples of Western Canada prove how effective they are for surviving winter conditions.

They're made by carving out a large pit in the earth and then attaching Tree trunks into the sides of the pit as support beams. These will get covered over by the tree branches (Use pine or other needled evergreen branches if possible) and dirt from the pit is spread overtop to trap the heat. A spot in the center of the roof is left open as a smokehole/entrace which is accessible by ladder. The center of the pit itself will be the hearth where the fire goes and around the edges is a ledge covered by pine branches (if you have them) and blankets.

Just a suggestion, since it seems like your tribe needs a solution to the approaching winter sooner than later and I don't think Mud Brick will be able to solve the issue soon enough, or be as effective.

Last edited:
Great chapter! in all honesty, rather than building mud brick houses, since I doubt the tribe has time to make the building materials for that, why not make pithouses instead? They shouldn't be too difficult to make and the indigenous peoples of Wester Canada prove how effective they are for surviving winter conditions.

They're made by carving out a large pit in the earth and then attaching Tree trunks into the sides of the pit as support beams. These will get covered over by the tree branches (Use pine or other needled evergreen branches if possible) and dirt from the pit is spread overtop to trap the heat. A spot in the center of the roof is left open as a smokehole/entrace which is accessible by ladder. The center of the pit itself will be the hearth where the fire goes and around the edges is a ledge covered by pine branches (if you have them) and blankets.

Just a suggestion, since it seems like your tribe needs a solution to the approaching winter sooner than later and I don't think Mud Brick will be able to solve the issue soon enough, or be as effective.
That's a great idea. It'll definitely be more time efficient than having to chop down wood and transport water for construction.

This is a fantastic story!
Your grammer is really good, along with how the story progresses and, how it is a different take that I'm really enjoying!
Thank you for the chapters!
Looking forward to more!

He can always make the tents more sturdy and put mud and earth over them. That will help with the cold weather I think?

Back