Boston QZ from The Last of Us ISOTed to 1955

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

In 2033, shortly after Ellie and Joel leave the Boston Quarantine Zone, the area within the...

AYC

Make blunts not bombs
In 2033, shortly after Ellie and Joel leave the Boston Quarantine Zone, the area within the walls is ISOTed to January 1, 1955. At the time of the ISOT there are a small number of infected hiding in spore-laden underground areas, but not too many because the QZ is well-patrolled.

What happens? Do FEDRA and the downtime army clear the infected fast enough to prevent an outbreak? How do the people of 1955 react to the knowledge that civilization will be destroyed by a fungal infection in 60 years?

Boston QZ map:

It's hard to say since if they knew where to find the infected and the spores they'd have done it already. Of course, with the world suddenly existing again, I think the possibility of some lingering spore would be on everyone's mind and they'd do their best to stop anyone from approaching.

It's hard to say since if they knew where to find the infected and the spores they'd have done it already. Of course, with the world suddenly existing again, I think the possibility of some lingering spore would be on everyone's mind and they'd do their best to stop anyone from approaching.
This is what we would all hope for.

Unfortunately people are stupid. I predict that within a day or two there would be a mass riot, people fleeing the QZ, and with them the spores would spread creating a brand new outbreak, just in 1955. If they're lucky someone convinces the government to firebomb then nuke everything, if not it just comes 60 years early.

Back