Best time period for an Early history ISOT?

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

I am toying with the idea of ISOTing a modern European or Middle Eastern country. My big...

Anchises

Leader of the Coconut Tree Fremen
Suspended
Pronouns
He/Him
I am toying with the idea of ISOTing a modern European or Middle Eastern country. My big problem is that I am looking for some "creative freedom", meaning an Early history time period in Europe and/or the Middle East, where we really lack historical/archeological sources.

How far do I have to go back?

The Bronze Age collapse probably fits the bill pretty good?

A 500 year period in which while firmly in the written history range, we have very little idea what the fuck was actually going on.

The Bronze Age collapse probably fits the bill pretty good?

A 500 year period in which while firmly in the written history range, we have very little idea what the fuck was actually going on.

My very brief google search also went in that direction. From my understanding the collapse mainly happened in the Mediterranean region right?

Obviously a collapse that likely involved violence is a fertile ground for an ISOT story.

My very brief google search also went in that direction. From my understanding the collapse mainly happened in the Mediterranean region right?

Obviously a collapse that likely involved violence is a fertile ground for an ISOT story.

Yes, with chunks of the middle east as well, hence a perfect period for a European/Middle eastern country ISOT

Yes, with chunks of the middle east as well, hence a perfect period for a European/Middle eastern country ISOT

Thank you! Then I am going to look into the period deeper.

I was a little bit worried that I would be forced to go back too much, robbing the downtimers of the numbers and social organization that is needed for cultural synthesis.

Back