Best Non-First Anime OP?

tankdrop24

Tread First into Hell
The Center of the Universe: Toronto, Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
From what I can tell, anime openings after the first have a reputation for being of a lower than their predecessors. Which do you guys think are the exceptions to this supposed rule?

For me, one of the best has to be the second opening of Attack on Titan:

I'm not particularly fond of Ling Tosite Sigure. They're too high pitched for me and while I think they work in parts of like the Tokyo Ghoul OP but more often than not I just can't handle them. As a result, I really do not care for the first Psycho-Pass opening. The music's not my thing and I'm not particularly fond of the visuals. And then...Nothing's Carved in Stone comes along with "Out of Control" and I fell in love.

I just hated the first one; it had nice visuals, but I just loathed the music. This one though had a much better beat in my opinion...

Even if the lyrics suck.

Last edited:
While I love the first Higurashi OP, I'll admit that I prefer the second OP.

World's End-Code Geass OP 4.

Flow returned at the shows end (Heh) to bring us a song that not only meets the quality of Colors, but surpasses it to become one of my favorite anime opening of all time.

And on that note, O2 was also pretty fucking great! (OP for the start of R2)

Hell even the second one is pretty fucking good!

$20 most of you didn't even know how the full version of this sounded, 'cause I sure as heck didn't!

Hell all of'em were good! *Isn't there one you forgot to mention* No! These are the only other code Geass OP's......AND NOTHING ELSE. My God was the one for Ithe last part of R1 Shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Also I'mma post this. Because World's end is so fucking good, and I really like this Fandub.

<< Tortilla Chips er, Total Eclipse's first OP was horrible. Thank god they brought Minami in, I might have gone insane.

Monogatari OPs are more or less cheating when it comes to this (given they have a new one every four episodes or so), but the second opening to Nisemonogatari is pretty notable.

As is the final opening to Second Season, which features a very ...interesting animation conceit.

Last edited:
Back