Arch-Demon's Eternal Game: Aeon Edition, The Turtle Chronicles

Well, let me share with you all my secret shame.

I don't have a Talisman of Defense anymore.

I thought the Demons were going to betray me when we agreed to collude. So I targeted myself with an attack, thinking they would swap me with one of their own, and if they didn't, my misstep would be invisible, and I'd use my token of exchange to take Zaealix's Talisman. Except Zaealix got swapped and I got @Wiadi 's dead Ferryman Coin.
Which means Scia wins no matter what, unless you vote her out today, anyway.

The fact you are advocating this instead of for lynching Meso tells me you are on your last life, though, so if we remove Meso this will be the game's final day. Otherwise we get another day and 2 more nights.

Nah, I'm advocating for this because it guarantees victory for as many people as possible and doesn't come down to luck of the draw. Also, if my deal isn't taken, I want Scia dead so you're forced to vote with me tomorrow.
And your plan only works if: Both scum teams have the same number of lives remaining. Both have no more than 1. Since otherwise defection is as easy as voting during a day period.

Again: my plan works regardless because there is literally no incentive for defection.

Which means Scia wins no matter what, unless you vote her out today, anyway.
Yep.

If @Scia decides to go for the mutual slaughter ending, I'll go along with it. But till then, I'll vote for Scia, since that isn't screwing Byzantine or laying down to die,.

[X] Vote Scia

Either way I get the feeling I'll be voting with @Wiadi today.

Frankly if I lose because they slightly miswrote the rules I'm just going to rage quit for awhile. Because seriously!?
In the other case, Wiadi should vote with me, and remove Scia.

At that point, you and I probably mutually annihilate and Town wins.
Nah, it doesn't have to have the mutual-win be worth less. Just that is requires trust in others that you have no way of enforcing that mutual trust on.
If the mutual win isn't worth less, why should I act to screw others to no benefit to myself?

Game theory.

You're assuming everyone is going to go for the mutual win condition instead of being the one to take their ball and go home. This is... unreliable.

...literally nobody benefits from defection, we can openly coordinate, and this is an iterated scenario insofar as behavior can be tracked across games.
If Scia dies today there is no meaningful tomorrow. Meso has a NK.

So do you, apparently. If you kill meso I still win even if he kills me, and he can't kill both of us.

Risk. You have to go an entire day without the other posting a single time to lynch you, and they have to do the same. The game isn't really meant for 1v1 situations, and it shows.
That doesn't seem too difficult. And there is increasingly few ways for us to win anyway.

I wish I could consult my team mates,

I wish we could just agree to a mutual four way tie.

(Of course I might not feel it quite so strongly if Byzantine had been a Dwarf.) :V

(Of course I might not feel it quite so strongly if Byzantine had been a Dwarf.) :V
I'd have preferred to be a dwarf, or survivors to be operating under old rules. Your team wasn't the one who dropped the ball and put us into this situation to begin with.

Scia is not exactly my first choice of a partner after missing the zaealix kill caused us to end up in this 1-1-1-1 situation.

And to be clear I am perfectly serious.

I quit. Let this game be a mutual loss for everyone, because "winning" via no survivors is stupid as hell.

I'd have preferred to be a dwarf, or survivors to be operating under old rules. Your team wasn't the one who dropped the ball and put us into this situation to begin with.

Scia is not exactly my first choice of a partner after missing the zaealix kill caused us to end up in this 1-1-1-1 situation.
Don't be too hard on Scia. I've had a bad bout of OCD and been basically useless for days. If it happened during a nightphase, I could very easily have missed start of day.

Well, that sucks.

If Byzantine really is quitting, the simplest way to accomplish the "everybody wins (but dies)" ending would be to vote out @Wiadi and have @Scia and I nightkill each other. I have the Rope of Darkness so the Staff of Life and Coin aren't a concern and I have no defenses, so our mutual annihilation is assured.

And we'd pretty much have to do that, otherwise Wiadi is left picking who kills him overnight.

If Byzantine is still in, I don't want to do it, though. I hope he'll reconsider, given how hard he has played to get to this point, everyone else conspiring to exploit a technicality to make his team the only losers really isn't fair.

Blech. I'm sorry, this turned into a mess & isn't at all what I hoped for when proposing it. I do maintain that any outcome here is gonna be unfair to someone, but still, @Byzantine I'm sorry for making the game unfun for you. On a meta level, I was hoping you'd fight to keep Scia on-side based on your prior deal, at which point the debate over that would become the gameplay for today. Clearly you didn't care for that prospect so I'm sorry for backing you into that corner.

I dunno where to go from here. I guess we just wait on an official statement on whether or not Byz is still in the game.

Back