Seeing as Mutsu is absolutely a battleship and not a battlecruiser.

True, had you said Hiei, Kirishima, Kongou or Haruna, it would have been debatable (as those would never have worked in a line of battle. Hell, I imagine had they been where the British battlecruisers had been at Jutland, some of the Kongõ class would have exploded, I mean, they were all British designed battlecruisers). But Mutsu ... she's undeniably a Dreadnought battleship.

Historically, following the mid-late '30s refitting, the Kongous were redesignated as 'fast battleships' instead of battlecruisers. Assuming that still holds true - and that none of the Hiei-class sisters came back in pre-war configurations and stayed there - then Yuudachi would only know them as battleships, not as battlecruisers. Given that Fubuki doesn't say something like, "Just like Hiei and her sisters are," it seems likely to be the case here, particularly since when Yuudachi actually meets Ashitaka, she calls her a battleship.

Alternately, Yuudachi's just got a half-track brain:

Seeing as Mutsu is absolutely a battleship and not a battlecruiser.

Good point there.

…damnit typos. >.>

Yeah.. Oh also, are you still writing Changing Destiny?
Seriously, I don't know if it's been abandoned or on hiatus or what. I really want to see it be continued.

Last edited:
Back