Alternate History Multiverse Worldbuilding

Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

An idea I have for an alternate history multiverse.

To summarize, our Earth (yes, the Earth in which you are reading this thread) is the center of the infinite multiverse, which is primarily a curse for everyone who resides within it.
Introduction and Core Concepts
This is an idea I have for an alternate history mulitverse. To summarize, our Earth (yes, the Earth in which you are reading this thread) is the center of the infinite multiverse, which is primarily a curse for everyone who resides within it.

The only reason for this being a bad thing is because that as one travels farther away from the center of the multiverse, interdimensional travel becomes easier (albeit at paces that vary greatly depending on the direction you are traveling in), and since our Earth is at the very center, it is effectively impossible for us to invent a way to travel to alternate timelines - no matter how hard we try.

Similarly, other things slowly change as one travels farther and farther away from the center of the mulitverse: the multiversal hierarchy becomes less organizated and more chaotic, events (such as ISOTs and other ASB shenanigans) that would be impossible in Earths closer to the center of the multiverse become possible in Earths that are farther away, and the chance of finding a timeline that doesn't have anything even resembling Earth slowly but surely approaches one hundred percent.

As of this moment, I plan on at least starting to perform the never-ending task of worldbuilding at least the basic concepts of each and every world within this infinite multiverse, as well as worldbuild interdimensional organizations, the methods they use to travel to other timelines, and the general structure and hierarchy of the multiverse that, as mentioned earlier, becomes less uniform and constant as one travels further and further from the center.

I strongly encourage anyone interested in this setting to post in this thread with comments and questions; to be honest, I would love to see what you guys think of it.

Back