Administrative Tribunal Announcements - 2022/2023 Council Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datcord

I will sing you the giggle of my people.
Welcome to a new Council year!

This thread will be for the informational posting of all resolved Tribunals. As we did last year, there will be no discussion in this thread, but users will be welcome to make their own discussion threads in this forum.

2023-AT-02: Staff and BirdBodhisativa
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

2023-AT-02: Staff and BirdBodhisativa Upheld

The infraction stated specifically that the following two posts from myself infracted Rule 6: -A threadmarked update on the thread itself [LINK 1] -A following post where I engaged in discussion with the thread [LINK 2] As required, the following is the staff post with the infraction itself...

2023-AT-03: Staff and LordYam

2023-AT-03: Staff and LordYam Upheld

@Council, The Staff of Sufficient Velocity have decided that @LordYam should be permanently removed from Sufficient Velocity per the Pirate Principle for a persistent and continual pattern of rule breaking behaviour. The Pirate Principle, as explained in detail here by @Squishy, says...

2023-AT-04: Staff and Jemnite

2023-AT-04: Staff and Jemnite Overturned

Warning: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/warnings/18519/ Note: Thread: COVID-19 - Coronavirus Spread and American Politics: In Defiance of Science Rule 4 violations are a bit tricky to understand given that they are almost entirely subjective. However, given the rationale given was...

2023-AT-06: Staff and Old Guard

2023-AT-06: Staff and Old Guard Other Resolution

I am appealing my 1 point Suspension from the following post. https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/right-wing-violence-in-the-us.109901/post-26033832 I can't provide any specifics to my defense as no reason was given for the suspension, but I'm confident that I broke no rules in my...

2023-AT-07: Staff and Birb

2023-AT-07: Staff and Birb Upheld

@Council, The Staff of Sufficient Velocity have decided that @Birb should be permanently removed from Sufficient Velocity per the Pirate Principle for egregious violations of Rule 2. The Pirate Principle, as explained in detail here by @Squishy, says: Specifically, the Staff's case for this...

2023-AT-08: Staff and FortePlus

2023-AT-08: Staff and FortePlus Overturned

The infraction in question. I am contesting this moderation because it seems to be an inappropriate response. In my subsequent reply where I lay out my reasoning and apologize, I point to this post which I used as a basis to make the light riff and is couched in similarly dramatic language...

2023-AT-09: Staff and dasherdancer

2023-AT-09: Staff and dasherdancer Upheld

@Council, The Staff of Sufficient Velocity have decided that @dasherdancer should be permanently removed from Sufficient Velocity per the Pirate Principle for, primarily, multiple breaches of Rule 2 along with repeated Rule 4 violations. The Pirate Principle, as explained in detail here by...

2023-AT-10: Staff and Pittuaro

2023-AT-10: Staff and Pittuaro Upheld

infraction notice: infracted post The context: Kukunochi is a rank 6 spirit "of the land of Konoha". Basically a minor god in the shape of a Deer. in quest, we were talking about the possibility of proceeding with a method of cultivation known as "Bridge Establishment". so, when I...

2023-AT-11: Staff and KingCrusader

2023-AT-11: Staff and Kingcrusader Overturned

I received this morning a 25 point infraction in the unpopular opinions that we have on fiction thread. I believe the points should be removed. What happened was @Sarissa was talking about her opinion on the concept of role reversal with marginalized groups in fiction and how she did not...

2023-AT-13: Staff and ChineseDrone

2023-AT-13: Staff and ChineseDrone Overturned

I was recently infracted under Rule 4 for the following post: in the thread AI Art. The infracting moderator gave the following reasoning for the infraction: I will freely admit that this post was a little obtuse, and I could understand if a WFB was issued for it, but I have to reject the...

EDIT to add: 2023-AT-12 was withdrawn by the Appellant mid-Tribunal. As such, it is not being published.

Last edited:
2023-AT-14: Staff and Driven by Apathy

2023-AT-14: Staff and Driven by Apathy Overturned

I appear to have been infracted and threadbanned for this post in the thread "Springtime of Nations II: A German Republic Quest": The part that apparently caused offense, claimed to be a violation of Rule 2, is the last sentence, specifically my statement that I believed the removal of...

2023-AT-15: Staff and Evilchumlee

2023-AT-15: Staff and Evilchumlee Upheld

Hello, @Scia I would like to appeal the 25 infraction points I received for my recent post. Thread comment Quoted, The infraction, I can appreciate being protective and that the topic of conversation could have been homophobic. I can also understand who someone, if desired, COULD read...

2023-AT-16: Staff and BrunofanofK

2023-AT-16: Staff and BrunofanofK Upheld

I just got the notification that I got suspended over using the word "Tramp Stamp" in a comedic setting in one of its first chapters. Considering my story has been online for more than one year without attracting any such reaction, I will assume this is one of those 'eyes of the beholder'...

2023-AT-17: Staff and FortePlus

2023-AT-17: Staff and FortePlus Reduced

Post in question: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/ai-art.110679/post-28081472 The application of points is excessive and the reasoning for the infraction extremely weak, especially since there is no reference to any of the other supposedly 'tone lowering' posts. Further...

2023-AT-18: Staff and hghwolf

2023-AT-18: Staff and hghwolf Reduced

Good day. I was issued a 25 point infraction by Shinaobi under Rule 3, presumably the 'play the ball, not the man' part as the post contains neither any privileged information nor does it reference reports or my ignore list, for this post. The post reads The infraction text reads as such ...

These are the final Tribunals of the 2022 - 2023 Community Council term. Due to the approaching Council nominations and elections, any Tribunals requested or initiated after this point will be delayed until the 2023 - 2024 term of the Community Council.

I'd like to thank all the Community Council for their time and efforts during these Tribunals. The consideration of how rules are interpreted and applied on Sufficient Velocity may sometimes seem like a dry and thankless task, but it is a vital one. I wish all the Community Council the best going forward and hope they continue to enjoy their time on Sufficient Velocity.

Also, I will whine at Xon until he brings back the service ribbons or until I get distracted, I swear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back